Start by marking “Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia., #1)” as Want to Read:
Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia., #1)

Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia., #1)

From Amazon bestselling author Jessica Ruben comes a hot new Romance…

He saved me from war.

Fed me when I was in too much pain to eat.

Smuggled me and my family into America when it became too dangerous to stay.

But, Nico didn’t flee with us.

While I began elementary school in the United States, he was building the greatest and toughest Mafia of the century.

The Mafia Shqiptare.
Expected publication: October 2019

To ask other readers questions about Light My Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light My Fire

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Sep 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs

(ARC provided by Wordsmith Publicity)

photo 708800B6-901E-4A2B-8B1A-C8DCD774F259_zpsqkbfrd0n.jpg
Sarah N
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had my first glimpse of Light My Fire by Jessica Ruben....and you guys do NOT want to miss it! It's unique, and honest, deep, and soulful. Light My Fire gives you the steamy romance you crave, while delivering a story rich with culture and history.

Light My Fire is everything you didn't know you wanted, packed into the same book. Simply put, its unlike any other book you've read. Just hand over your heart now, because I promise you'll fall in love with Jessica Ruben's next release.

You need Li
Paperback Princess
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
*ARC generously provided by author*

I’m struggling with this review...I was really looking forward to Light My Fire because I absolutely loved Vincent and Eve series..one of my favorite Mafia romances but Light My Fire fell short for me. I really liked the liked the direction and the idea of this story...a girl fleeing her country because of war and then years later being reunited with the man that helped her and finding out he is the powerful head of the Albanian Mafia. I felt like this story wa
Suzanne
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh where to start with this one. Jessica Ruben from the gate has given us raw and gritty stories that are unique and in depth. Light My Fire does just that as she takes us down the rabbit hole of the Albanian mafia wrapped in the tragedy that occurred in Kosovo in the early 90s. Nico and Elira have been intertwined since the day she was born and even with years apart, you can feel that connection that these two have when they meet again years later. How these two just meld together just leaves y ...more
CBBooklove
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC Review

Overall I thought this was a good book but I felt like it was really slow to start so I had a hard time really getting into it.

It's got a really unique storyline and opened my eyes to a war I didnt know about. I actually ended up searching it.

What I really really loved was the way Nico put Elira first in every sense. What he does for her, that's real whole hearted loved. I wished that their relationship developed again earlier in the book. By 60% in they had only had one date and real
Di Vernon
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all of Jessica's books and Vincent was most definitely one of my all time favourite male characters, now I am afraid he has to move over (slightly) for Nico.
Jessica gave him and Elira, a gritty and very heartbreaking beginning to their love story, it starts in Kosovo in the late 90's, when the ethnic cleansing of the Albanian people was occurring. They both end up in the States and they meet again as adults, can't say too much more without giving away spoilers, but needless to say
it.sgottabethebooks
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Ruben rocked this book! I devoured the pages as she had me fully hooked and I couldn’t stop turning the pages until I got to the very end.

Nico and Elira had such an intense chemistry. Even years apart never wavered the love they had for eachother. Nico seriously made me swoon. And Elira was such a strong heroine.

Light My Fire slayed. This book will have you captivated. Everything about this book will have you so consumed. It was lit! I look forward to more from Jessica and this series.
Lucie Lu's Book Reviews
"And don't even try to run. This entire place is fortified. And even with all the security I've got, if you were to get away, I'd scour the ends of the earth to find you," he threatens.

I don’t know where to begin writing my review. I finished reading Light My Fire late last night, and I cannot find the correct words to describe how utterly amazing this book was. I could praise and love on it all day long to anyone with a pair of ears/eyes, but I just don’t feel like I can do the book justice.
Katieboo12
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Monica
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahh! This book was everything. The moment I started this book I couldn’t stop; nursing school exams be damned for the time being. I literally devoured this book in 4 hours and loved every second. Nico was the perfect mix of a pure, intense and sexy alpha that exuded confidence. Not to mention that the shared past and chemistry between Nico and Elira made for a palpable tension that I couldn’t get enough of. I loved that Jessica was again able to create a strong female lead that knows what it mea ...more
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
I’ve read everything this author has written.
I loved Vincent and Eve..a lot.
Nico and Elira were even more delicious. This storyline was unique which kept me captivated.
My only complaint was the last 30%. I felt like the ending was so anticlimactic.
Overall, I still loved it and would definitely recommend it.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Theme or Tone~ 4/5
Fl
Brittney Carvalho-Whalen
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Ruben has a way with words that completely creates a world you can’t help diving into. Being a HUGE fan of the Vincent and Eve series I didn’t think this could knock Vincent down a notch with a new leading man but....... Nico is pure fire. Such a great start to this new series! I loved the push and pull of these characters and Jessica always writes the best side characters that you hope/wish will have stories of their own. Elira almost reminded me of Eve throughout he book as well. It wa ...more
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: proofread
Jessica Ruben has done it again! She combined dark mafia with the modern music world and a whole lot of culture to create an addictive and fast-paced second chance romance. These characters are unlike any I have read before, and both their past and present interactions with one another were intense and unforgettable. Their chemistry and passion for each other and their culture/families was mesmerizing. I was fascinated with the history of this culture, and was pulled into this forbidden, mafia r ...more
Vicki
Shelves: 2019
I was very impressed by the research and history poured throughout this book. The book revolves around an Albanian mafia leader, Nico, and the little girl he helped escape to America many years prior. Like Elira's mom, I was skeptical of Nico. Do you stay away from the known danger that follows the mafia or do you follow what your heart has always known? Such a unique story line that kept me invested from start to finish. Jessica's writing is perfection and she will have you swooning over drug c ...more
Heather Ziegler  Templeton
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica has DONE. IT. AGAIN!!!!! OH Nico Nico Nico you have most definitely stolen our hearts and we so want to be Elira BADLY! I hated for this book to end. This is a book you wished would continue on and on and on and never end! I cant wait for #2 more of Nico and Elira and a wedding and Nico babies!!! Wooooooow! This is most definitely the type of love or life all of us ladies DREAM of! Give me a Nico!! You ROCK so hard Jessica!
Konny
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Light My Fire by Jessica Ruben is book one in her new series. JR is a new to me author and I'm happy to report, glad I gave it a try.
The storyline spans many years, starts somewhere in Europe and travels to the US.
This is Elira and Nico's heart-wrenching story and they had me captivated from the beginning.
The book is a slow burn, raw and gritty, excellent written and I liked the story and the characters.
Can't wait to read more in this series.
R
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing like a mafia romance I ever read. Love the first part before they gone to US. It's intense, sweet and scary times all in one.
Next part feels a little too slow for me after the intensity in the first part. Until Elira and Nico reunite.
Their chemistry is fast. Remembering their past, I understand. And prefer it that way too. Their foreplay is sexy. Their steamy time are hot. Unfortunetly, for me it's not mafia enough and the ending feels anticlimax.
MR
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Light My Fire, and I absolutely loved it! It drew me in from the start and kept me right to the last sentence. It was intense, passionate, and even funny! The internal musings of Elira and her relationship with her awesome BFF, Natalie were terrific. And did I see an Easter Egg in Chapter 3? Nico and Elira definitely started this fire.
Melissa
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Jessica and WOW! I'm hooked! I NEED MORE!!

Elira is such a sassy mouthed, take no shit kind of lady! She is a hard worker, knows what she wants and isn't afraid to get it!

Nico, Nico, Nico. There are so many words, he is all things alfa and expects nothing but the best from his crew. But holy DROOL!

This is a must read! Seriously! Can't wait for more!
Kathryn
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for this highly anticipated novel.

Loved the story and the way Elira and Nico fell in love. The acceptance of each other and the desire for each other outweighing everything else. Can't wait to see what book 2 has in store.
Amanda
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Ruben is AMAZING!!!! This books content is a bit heavier than her previous works so it took me a bit longer to read....as in 2 days as opposed to devouring in one sitting. I was enthralled from beginning to end!
Adriana
Shelves: arcs
Review to come
K.S. Rochell
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Light my fire is the definition of Perfection... It was utterly addicting an unputdownable. I felt all of Jessica Ruben’s words coursing through my veins! This book is a visceral and addicting start to a new series!

Light my fire owned me!
Light my fire captivated me!
Light my fire consumed me!

Jessica’s Words are my Kryptonite. This book is hands down one of the best news series of 2019! “It was Raw, intense, Riveting and oh so intoxicating.

“I loved this book, I devoured it in less then a day. Li
Christina (The MasqueReader)
Sep 15, 2019
Daisy
Sep 14, 2019
queen_of_the_books_18
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica Ruben has just delivered a deliciously dark mafia romance.

I will admit it took me a little while to get into Light my fire, I think this was because there was so much information packed into the start of the story and I just wanted it to move a bit quicker.

Light my fire was interesting, addictive and full of Alpha goodness with Nico.

If you love a dark mafia read then check out Light my Fire!
Missy
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC generously provided by author. So excited to have a chance to read this book early. Loved it. Great chemistry. Alpha male, strong female. I felt a little rushed at the end but can’t wait for the next installment!
Katie
Jessica Ruben
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Julie Huchingson