Start by marking “Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia., #1)” as Want to Read:
Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia., #1)

Light My Fire

(Sex. Rock. Mafia #1)

He saved me from war.Fed me when I was in too much pain to eat.
Smuggled me and my family into America when it became too dangerous to stay.
But, Nico didn’t flee with us.While I began elementary school in the United States, he was building the greatest and toughest Mafia of the century.
The Mafia Shqiptare.

Nico is now King of all underground trades.
Sexy. Aggressive. Br
Published October 2019

Start your review of Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia., #1)
Nikitasbookreviews
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start with i was super excited about this book once i knew it was coming so let’s see what happens! But so far Jessica has never let me down with any of her books... diving in now!

Okay as soon as this book started i was completely sucked in because lets be real.. talk about the mafia always gets me going 😂 oooo I definitely found this being about Albanians interesting instead of the regular italian/russian/american mafia scenes i usually read about. Color me intrigued further!
queen_of_the_books_18
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica Ruben has just delivered a deliciously dark mafia romance.

I will admit it took me a little while to get into Light my fire, I think this was because there was so much information packed into the start of the story and I just wanted it to move a bit quicker.

Light my fire was interesting, addictive and full of Alpha goodness with Nico.

If you love a dark mafia read then check out Light my Fire!
Sarah N
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Light My Fire is an incredible read! It's unique, and honest, deep, and soulful. Light My Fire gives you the steamy romance you crave, while delivering a story rich with culture and history.

Light My Fire is everything you didn't know you wanted, packed into the same book. Simply put, its unlike any other book you've read. Just hand over your heart now, because I promise you'll fall in love with Jessica Ruben's next release.

You need Light My Fire on your TBR shelf NOW! It gets all the stars, gi
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
PSX_20190920_184915

Title: Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia #1)
Author: Jessica Ruben

After reading Jessica Ruben's Vincent and Eve series, I was excited to read Light My Fire.
Nico and Elira's story in Light My Fire sounded like it was going to be an epic one.

I have read my fair share of mafia romances so I'd like to believe I know what to expect when I am reading a mafia romance.

LightMyFire-Laser-NoCover.jpg
Tzelina
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4+ stars !! 👏🏻🌟👏🏻🌟👏🏻🌟
Well as a mafia books addict, Jessica Ruben is a special author for me!
If you have read Vincent and Eve series (one of my favourites books!) you will understand why!
Her writing style is simply amazing and this one had hooked me from prologue!!
I loved the background story, between Nico and Elira! The love, the bond, the feelings that they shared was perfect!
But I wanted a little bit more, specially in the last chapters, that’s why I gave 4 and not 5 s
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mob, 4-stars-2019
“What I want, I take. What I hate, I kill. And what’s mine, I protect.”

I do love Jessica Ruben's mafia men and while for me, this book started with oodles of promise, it fell a little flat for me at the end. I felt the ending was rushed, and I was struggling to really feel the chemistry between our hero and heroine. Considering all the history they had, I felt that this was a foregone conclusion. It seemed everyone else in the book could feel it, except the reader. However, the story was great, I lov
Lucie Lu's Book Reviews
"And don't even try to run. This entire place is fortified. And even with all the security I've got, if you were to get away, I'd scour the ends of the earth to find you," he threatens.

I don’t know where to begin writing my review. I finished reading Light My Fire late last night, and I cannot find the correct words to describe how utterly amazing this book was. I could praise and love on it all day long to anyone with a pair of ears/eyes, but I just don’t feel like I can do the book justice.

Light My
Paperback Princess
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
*ARC generously provided by author*

I’m struggling with this review...I was really looking forward to Light My Fire because I absolutely loved Vincent and Eve series..one of my favorite Mafia romances but Light My Fire fell short for me. I really liked the liked the direction and the idea of this story...a girl fleeing her country because of war and then years later being reunited with the man that helped her and finding out he is the powerful head of the Albanian Mafia. I felt like t
Suzanne
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh where to start with this one. Jessica Ruben from the gate has given us raw and gritty stories that are unique and in depth. Light My Fire does just that as she takes us down the rabbit hole of the Albanian mafia wrapped in the tragedy that occurred in Kosovo in the early 90s. Nico and Elira have been intertwined since the day she was born and even with years apart, you can feel that connection that these two have when they meet again years later. How these two just meld together just leaves y ...more
BLuvsBooks
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story had me intrigued from the first page.
It is action packed, complex and unexpected twists.

Nico is the mafia boss that knew Elira when she was young and before they moved to America. They reconnect and Nico needs her for business however both may want more. “So much of me was made by you.”

Jack is the rock star she meets in college. He isn’t like the difficult men she grew up with. He is artistic and kind.

Her mother and brother are very protective of her and harbor their ow
Di Vernon
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all of Jessica's books and Vincent was most definitely one of my all time favourite male characters, now I am afraid he has to move over (slightly) for Nico.
Jessica gave him and Elira, a gritty and very heartbreaking beginning to their love story, it starts in Kosovo in the late 90's, when the ethnic cleansing of the Albanian people was occurring. They both end up in the States and they meet again as adults, can't say too much more without giving away spoilers, but needless to say
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"He may be the biggest mistake I'll ever make. But I want him now, more than I ever wanted anything."

The elation and headiness I still feel this morning after I finished this one up yesterday is why I read folks!! This was Mafia Romance perfection!! Nico checked all the boxes, but I wasn't always sure what would happen. The swirl of danger, intense attraction, and heart pounding push/pull kept me glued and hiding from life the entire day I was lost in these pages. I salivated for thi
Michelle Krystel
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. I found light my fire to be a bit a slow burn but the journey was great. I think Jessica describe Nico and elira relationship as baby till now perfectly. There was no weird vibes regarding the huge age difference. I didn't find it had a lot of mafia violence it was a lot more romance which I liked. Now as for Jack I don't really agree how things were left. You will see what I mean.
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Oooh this book had me hooked! Right from the prologue, I was so intrigued by these characters and captivated by this story. It’s funny, suspenseful, and sexy. I enjoyed it so much and I’m looking forward to more books with this great cast of characters!
Maria11
3.5

Ok read. I just wasn’t feeling it. I just dint seem to connect with everyone and it seemed rushed but drawn out too. Don’t really know what to say about it
nikki
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a huge fan of Jessica Rubens “Vincent & Eve” series, it was a no-brainer when it came to deciding whether to read this new book or not. Now I’m not usually a big mafia romance reader, there’s just something about it that doesn’t appeal to me, but Jessica really does do it so well.
LIGHT MY FIRE is intense, steamy and full of unexpected twists and turns. Nico and Elira have known each other for years and the chemistry that surrounds them is electric, and I became so invested in their story
Adriana
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
ARC generously provided in exchange for honest review. If you loved Jessica's Vincent & Eve series you will love this . Nico is an alpha male at its finest. Nico has known Elira since she was born and growing up Elira grew very fond of Nico until life tore her from his life until years later when they are brought back together. Together they send sparks flying. If you love dark mafia with an alpha male to swoon over then this is your book. I loved this book had the steam the edge of your sea ...more
it.sgottabethebooks
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Ruben rocked this book! I devoured the pages as she had me fully hooked and I couldn’t stop turning the pages until I got to the very end.

Nico and Elira had such an intense chemistry. Even years apart never wavered the love they had for eachother. Nico seriously made me swoon. And Elira was such a strong heroine.

Light My Fire slayed. This book will have you captivated. Everything about this book will have you so consumed. It was lit! I look forward to more from Jessica and this series.
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
He turns to move but then pauses, looking back at me. “And don’t even try to run. This entire place is fortified. And even with all the security I’ve got, if you were to get away, I’d scour the ends of the earth to find you,” he threatens.
***

I could never tire of Ruben’s Mafia men and the stories they tell. Very reminiscent of her Vincent snd Eve series, this series is similar but also so amazingly different. It holds it’s own.

I loved the sarcastic nature that was all Elira. She
Anne Milne
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since Vincent and Eve I've been a huge fan of Jessica's. When I found out she was writing a new series I was giddy. I love her writing style it's raw and gritty and never fails to enthrall me.

I loved the history behind Nico and Elvira, together they are bound by years of shared memories. We get the background of the Albanian mafia and how Nico rose to his position of power. There is limited Mafia action it mainly focuses on the two main characters however as it's the first book I'm sure we
Monica
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahh! This book was everything. The moment I started this book I couldn’t stop; nursing school exams be damned for the time being. I literally devoured this book in 4 hours and loved every second. Nico was the perfect mix of a pure, intense and sexy alpha that exuded confidence. Not to mention that the shared past and chemistry between Nico and Elira made for a palpable tension that I couldn’t get enough of. I loved that Jessica was again able to create a strong female lead that knows what it mea ...more
Maritza Torres
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with Nick.

This book is different. The language, the war. Something I had never heard off, but I'm sure it has happened somewhere sometime ago. Elira is a lucky gal. Loved by Nick since her first cry on this earth. Nick is a warrior, a survivor and above all a fighter. He fights for his people rights.

He helps Elira, her mom and brother escape the war in Kosovo. Throughout the years, Nick has helped them. He was always a shadow in the night.
Elira meets John the cute si
L. Powell
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having loved Jessica’s previous books, I was more than ready for Light my Fire.

Elira begins the book as a young child in the midst of conflict.
Nico looks after her. Protects her. Cherishes her... something he also does later on in their lives.
They share an unbreakable connection.
The second half of the book really dug into their shared history, showed their passion, and kept me hanging until they finally admitted what they already knew.
If you like your men dark, dangerous and
K.S. Rochell
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Light my fire is the definition of Perfection... It was utterly addicting an unputdownable. I felt all of Jessica Ruben’s words coursing through my veins! This book is a visceral and addicting start to a new series!

Light my fire owned me!
Light my fire captivated me!
Light my fire consumed me!

Jessica’s Words are my Kryptonite. This book is hands down one of the best news series of 2019! “It was Raw, intense, Riveting and oh so intoxicating.

“I loved this book, I devoured i
BookShelfMuse
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to give it to Ruben....she created a rather unique storyline that had me invested right from the beginning to the very end.One of the many reasons her book is getting such positive feedback is for the rather original spin on the typical Mafia story, done in a way that is both informative and not overly, romantically fantasized. Typically it's about the Italian or Russian mafia, but this time Ruben gives us a unique glimpse into the Albanian world. Not just of the mafia, but of the very re ...more
✨The Quick & Dirty Bibliophile✨

Overall: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Steam: 3/5 🔥🔥🔥
Feels: 😔🤨☺😲😏💖

~REVIEW🖋~
The Quick and Dirty: Fresh twist on mafia romance + blackmail + fake relationship =
🔥

Nico and Elira grew up in Kosovo. When the war breaks out, Nico is instrumental in saving Elira and getting her to safety in the United States but they lose touch despite Elira's multiple attempts at contact. Thinking that Nico forgot all about her, she's surp🔥Nicoclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
The
Becky Rendon
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3rd degree burns can be expected from this fire!

Here's my truth: I am a Mafiawhore. It's my cross to bear. I am a complete and total addict. I do not discriminate. I am an equally opportunity mafia ho. This is my first Albanian mafia book though. I had legit first date jitters and squealed like a tween at a Shawn Mendes concert.

Jessica Ruben opened a new world for me. She started it with the intensely gorgeous cover that personifies Nico 110%. Next, she educated the reader withou
Mia
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

Alluring. Hypnotizing. Steamy.

Holy smokes y’all! I have seriously loved every word Jessica Ruben has ever written and I am always left speechless at her ability to top her previous book with an all-new amazing novel!!

‘Light My Fire’ is book one is the ‘Sex. Rock. Mafia.’ series and it is seriously one of the most entertaining and steamy books I’ve read these past few months.
It is a fast-paced very unique and singular book, super-steamy (like my underwear
Happily Mary After
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-october
Jessica Ruben has taken the gritty mafia romance and given it an intriguing twist — the Albanian mafia is featured rather than the typical New York Sicilian mafia. And I found the departure from the expected made Light My Fire riveting. Elira and her family fled Kosovo after the war, and she is now a college student in the United States. Her brother is floundering and flirting with danger, and he garners the attention of her childhood champion and fellow immigrant, Nico, who is now a powerful, r ...more
JenMcJ
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, e-books
I was impressed with this book. The storytelling was tight and the editing was well done but it didn't have enough time with the H/h connected. It was fabulous on building back story and giving us a bit of info on who the next book is probably about but only about 25% of this book is actually any romance between Nico and Elira. I felt like I never really got a good grasp on who Nico and Elira were going to be together vs when they were trying to get there. The epilogue was not sufficient to make ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Forever Lies
  • Broken Hope (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • Damage
  • Beyond Measure: A Dark Bratva Romance
  • Collateral
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Unprotected with the Mob Boss: A Dark Mafia Romance (Alekseiev Bratva)
  • Entice
  • The Italian
  • I Promise You (Dare #2)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville High Elite #1)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • Drummer Girl
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Madman's Cure (Madman Duet, #2)
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
“I love you, Elira. As long as I have breath in my lungs. And maybe even beyond that.” 0 likes