Start by marking “Beginning the Game (Playing the Game #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Beginning the Game (Playing the Game #0.5)

Beginning the Game

(Playing the Game 0.5)

An End Game Prequal Short.

A broken British girl.
A godlike alphahole football king.
One night to forget.
Whats the worst that could happen?
Kindle Edition
Published July 2nd 2019 by Bright Lights Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beginning the Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beginning the Game

Start your review of Beginning the Game (Playing the Game #0.5)
Meredith
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Due to a terrible tragedy, Indie is forced to leave London and move to the States where her father lives. There she enrolls in Harbor View College, but she has no desire to pledge a sorority or party, especially on Greek Row where all of the jocks will be. But shortly after arriving, her new roomie Ally convinces her to hit the town after downing a couple of shots. While out at a party, she runs into her stepbrother and his best friend Clay, who is the team's QB and a football God. He is gorgeou ...more
Jen
Jul 03, 2019 added it
Great prequel! Really looking forward to more!
Jan
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG nooooo, I need more now!!.

You know when you start a book, begin to get to know the characters and get that feeling this is going to be a good one? well, this ended all too soon.

I know this is a novella, but seriously I feel like I have just read an Amazon sample and I want to one click that baby.

I liked the characters, Indie has a hate for typical Jocks while Clayton is that typical jock. The chemistry is electric the love hate thing is going to be entertaining and after their one night o
Anne OK
A very short intro to a new sports-related series and Indie and Clay. He's your norm college QB bound for the NFL -- worshipped by all and every college girl's dream. Except Indie isn't your norm college girl. She definitely sees something in Clay, but runs as fast as she can to hide -- especially after a one-night drunken slip-up.

No date set yet for the first full book in this new series -- and one that will continue with Clay and Indie's story.
Karen
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
No a book or hardly a story...more like a longer blurb for a new series. Promising!!
Ma.Chari
Omg! I need the full length now!! ❤

RTC!
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
I’m hooked! I need the full length novel immediately now!

Indie and Clayton have this instant attraction, but both want nothing to do with each other. Both have their own agendas and don’t have time for relationships.

This novella was quick, established connections, and left me wanting more. I can’t wait to see how their story develops.
TheMommaBookClub
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beginning the Game [An End Game Prequel Short] by Olivia Rose and Raven Moore

𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙌𝘽, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚’𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣’𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚’𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙤 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚.
*~*~*~*
𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖: After the tragic death of her family, Indie moves across the pond from London to Harbor View to live closer to her one remaining family member, her dad. This new life brings in a new step-brother (Ryan), a new school, a
Lauren
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Beginning the game is the prequel to the playing the game series. This story is short, fast paced and an entertaining read. I read this book in one sitting and was left wanting more. Beginning the game is the first book of Olivia Rose & Raven Moore’s that I have read. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline entertaining.
After a heart breaking tragedy, Indie has no choice but to move to America with her father and her stepfamily. Starting
Serena Worker
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Indie’s world gets torn apart and the person she wakes up to is her dad. Not happy with her father’s decision to move her over to the states with him she knows it’s the right one.
Women are the one thing Clayton has never had a problem with, but he’s friends let him know one will bring him to his knees and he will fall in love. After what happened Clayton has sworn, he will never be tied down to one woman again.
Indie planned on studying, but when her flatmate comes in, she asks if she
Christina ( The MasqueReader )
Holy smokes!!! What a way to kick off a series! I knew this was a short prequel going in but man I NEED MORE of Clay & Indie!!!! Beginning the Game is a short prequel to End Game.

After tragedy strikes her mom & family in London, Indie has no option but to move to the states with her dad and his family. She starts college that Fall and has plans to start fresh. Unluckily for her, her first experience on post is running into Clay; the schools football star!

The author did a great job sett
maddy max.
Well, if End Game happens to be half as good as Beginning the Game then I'm in deep sh*t and apparently I'm about to love to swim in it. ^^ Didn't I say a few days ago that college romances are hard for me to truly enjoy? And that only a very very short list of authors manage to make me like them? There's a high probability for Olivia Rose to be on her way to become one of them. With just a short novella, she made me crave for more - I honestly wish I could be reading End Game right now.
Beginning t
Sarah Dale
OMG when is the next one out??

This is the one thing I love/hate about prequel novella's they tease me and make me want MORE NOW!!

Once you start this book you are gripped! I literally managed to devour this whilst waiting 45 mins for my husband whilst he was on a ride at Thorpe Park! Once I started it I didn't want to stop, theme park be damned!

I am 100% invested in Indie and Clayton. Their push/pull love/hate relationship was entertaining to watch develop and
DrivenbyBooks
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A prequel short novella to a new series and already a heartbreaker. Can't wait to read more of this story and already excited to see where it goes next but I already know it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster!

Indie has been through a tragic event and needed to leave London when she will enter college life in the States. Due to a mix-up, she has no choice but to have a roommate. Her new roomie convinces her to go to a party where she meets Clay again, her stepbrother's best frie
Donna Till
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this is the prequel to the Playing the Game series and OMG i need more. Due to a tragic incident Indie has moved countries and college. Indie likes to keep to herself and tends to stay away from all the popular places and people. But her brother is part of the football team and she meets Clay who is the Quarterback. Clay is the type of girl she wants to stay away from but events at a party take a turn and their relationship changes.
I love Indie, despite what has happened she stays strong and
Eve Jones
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review.
This short prequel is a really good introduction to Indie and Clay, and how they meet. And how they first felt about each other.
I for one can't wait to read their book to see what happens next, because I already love them both.
I also love the other characters that were in this prequel, her roommate for one, she's definitely someone to watch out for to see what sort of trouble she can get up to with Indie 😂
This prequel is definitely wor
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
A prequel short novella to a new series and already a heartbreaker. Can't wait to read more of this story and sounds already exciting but I already know it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster!

Indie has been through a tragic event and needed to leave London where she will enter college life in the States. Due to a mix-up, she has no choice but to have a roommate. Her new roomie convinces her to go to a party where she meets Clay again, her stepbrothers best friend and one thing l
Amo
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
If you’re looking for something really fast paced this will be something you enjoy.

I was really looking forward to reading this but for me it was too quick even for a novella, it was missing depth for me. Especially when something happens right at the beginning of the book (no spoilers here) that doesn’t really get mentioned at all, it felt a little rushed.

I really liked indie at the beginning her character for me felt like she changed more than have growth in this story.
Joe Kendall
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This prequel is short and steamy. It really sets the scene for the heat that is sure to follow.
Indie and Clayton are great characters. Indie's back story is covered with compassion and tenderness. Clayton comes over as a typical jock, but you get a glimpse of potential layers.
I look forward to more from this series.
I definitely recommend this short read.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Courtney Anderson
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really short prequel that we get that will lead us up to an amazing series. It’s just a taste of what’s to come but it is so hot and steamy yet starts of kind of tragically for Indie but then she meets Clayton her step brothers friend and they have an instant attraction. I loved the push and pull between these two and can’t wait for more. I also loved that she was happy and liked her step brother because we don’t see that a lot in books.
Lesley Robson
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This prequel is the start of a new series and it starts with a bang. In this book we get introduced to Indie and Clay and we find this sets the scene just nice for the next book. It gives just a hint of what is to come which leaves you needing more.
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
A great but short introduction into this new story from Olivia Rose and Raven Moore. I loved meeting Indie and Clayton, their chemistry is off the charts and Iook forward to finding out more about them in the very near future.
AC Squared Book Blog
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap. I NEED MORE!! This was such a good prequel. I was basically left drooling and waiting to see what happens next. I love how different Indie and Clay are, it’s the perfect pairing. I can’t wait to see where this goes!!!
Christy Limrick
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a short novella but it’s oh so sexy, it’s a great introduction of indie and clay! You learn why indie has come to the US in the first place, we get a little insight into the characters and it makes you want more.
Can wait to read their full story !!
Vee
Honestly this felt so dam cliche but it didn’t make me gag but it had all the elements to be cliche asf also I didn’t quite like the writing style idk maybe the whole book is gonna be awesome
Naomi Webb
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I seriously need the rest of this story in my life! Why do you tease me so? There is so much Sass and Sizzle in this snippet that you need to read more!
Rajababoo
Jul 03, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF.
I read only a few pages but the heroine came of as too judgemental for my liking and hypocritical. Some how she could spot a mean girl and a manwhore just by looking.
Nina's
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a nice start but way way to short but it will make you want more...cant wait for the rest
Louise Roach
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great little introduction to the characters!

I loved how this super short story sets the scene for the End Game and I cannot wait to read it now. Bring on more Clay!

4 Stars

Lou
4TLOR
Linnea
Jul 03, 2019

• The Game You Play (Rixon Raiders, #2)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Flutter (The Nash Brothers, #3)
  • The Wrong Prince Charming
  • Hidden (The Scions #1)
  • Found (The Scions #2)
  • Defying Gravity
  • Collateral
  • Falling from Gravity (Gravity, #1.5)
  • Resist (Wicked Ways, #1)
  • This Is Wild (This is, #2)
  • Wicked Promises (Wicked Bay, #7)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • Lines (Greyford High, #1)
  • Marked (Black Water Academy #1)
Olivia Rose is an author of contemporary romance ranging from YA to adult.

She lives in Peterborough, England, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for cheesy YA Films, cupcakes and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much hot chocolate, and watches an ungodly amount of Netflix. When she's not busy writing, she can be found exploring t

Playing the Game (1 books)
  • End Game (Playing the Game #1)