Start by marking “Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)

Wild Card

(Advantage Play #1)

Rule #1: Keep your head down and your eyes up. It makes you invisible. But not stupid.

Ace, a young cardshark, has worked her entire life to achieve one goal. Bring Burlone Allegretti to his knees. As the the head of a mafia family who dabbles in human trafficking, he’s far from innocent, and Ace can't wait to exact her revenge.

As her plan is set in motion, the alluring hea
Expected publication: September 23rd 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Wild Card, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Card

Jessica
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy guacamole!!!
This freaking story is so good!
Kelsie’s best book to date!
I cannot even fully express what this book is about without giving anything away and possibly ruining something for you.

I could not put it down.
I didn’t want to put it down.
Too bad I have work, a husband, a kid and home to take care of on days like this when I get sucked into such a wonderful story.
This one had me on my toes a few times. Completely on the edge of my seat.
And that ‘ending’?!?! Eek!!!!

No spoilers from me.
Y
Kim Gauger
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blown away by this amazing book. I have read every single one of Kelsie Rae’s books and this is a totally new direction for her. I’m in love with this!

Mafia romance with so many twists, point of views and turns you will be on the edge of your seat! It does end in a cliffhanger, but don’t let that stop you.

The chemistry between Ace and Kingston is off the charts hot! I love them and what is starting between the two of them. The storyline is fantastic and keeps you on your toes. A book you won’t
Christina Pannell
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars.
It’s dark and keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next!
Full of Mafia, mob bosses, gambling, counting cards, mob wars, love, friendship,kidnapping and drama.
This was my first book by this author and it will not be my last.
Be sure to check this book out when it releases
Angel
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing change from Rae' s usual romances, WILD CARD is one of those stories that have you on the edge of your seat the entire time! I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of the series!!
Natalie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie is one of my favorite authors. I’ve read and loved all her books, this one included. Wild Card is a mafia romantic suspense, I really enjoy suspense and this book did not disappoint. Ace, the female lead character, has not had an easy life. Despite all of the adversity, she hasn’t let it stop her from going after her goal. Too bad her main goal is to get revenge on one of the top mobsters in town. Kingston, the male lead, has recently taken over control of the Romano family when his fathe ...more
Paulette
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
WOW! I was not prepared for this book. I’ve read two books before by this author. Both stories were sweet and romantic. This book is a whole different ballgame. This is another side of Kelsie Rae I didn’t know existed. Welcome to the world of mafia, gambling, intrigue, suspense, and subplots that will have your head spinning.

Ace is a unique girl/women who has her own story. It will make you tear up, worry, and cheer her on. Unfortunately, life has been hard for her and it doesn’t look like it’s
Kendra Myers
A magnificent genre departure for this author! Kelsie Rae is well known for her sweet romance books. She took a risk and it paid off big time with this mob themed book. It's so amazing and I'm sure all her readers are going to fall in love, just like I did.

Wild Card will keep you guessing right from the start. There are a lot of twists and surprises to be had within this first book in the series. There are two mob families in the city trying to
keep ahead of the other. One of the families certa
Carolyn Muller
Wild Card by Kelsie Rae
5 Stars
This is a new Author to me. Now I’m stalking her Amazon page for her other books,I really enjoyed reading this story. Ace is young pretty and she can count cards. She knows how to blend in and win some cash at casino’s. She has a single focus and that’s to win a poker tournament against the man who she thinks killed her mom but that man is Mafia so she needs to play it smart. While she’s practicing her skills at another casino she catches the eye of owner Kingston w
Carrie
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was luckily enough to receive an ARC of Wild Card! I have read everything that Kelsie Rae has written, and just wow! She’s done it again. I’m usually not a fan of mafia/suspense, but if Kelsie wrote it I’ll read it, so figured why not? I may have myself a new genre!

This book was such a departure from her Signature Sweethearts series and her other standalones, which just goes to show what a great writer she is. She builds suspense, sprinkles in a little romance, and then ends on a cliffhanger
Melissa Adams
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well what can I say! An incredible book from Kelsie from the start to the finish. This book has all the feels of an amazing story. Interesting characters, interesting story line, thrills, suspense and love. If there is any book you need to read by Kelsie you need to read this series. This book rivals some of the best authors in this genre. Well done!! Loved Ace and King together and their journey through this book but also especially lived the other loyal people in their lives. You will not be d ...more
Michelle
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Kelsie Rae has won my heart again. I fell in love with her stories when I stumbled upon Sophie and have read almost all of her books since. She has such a way of captivating me and I always find myself completely engrossed in the world she created.

Wild Card was no different. Ace was sassy and strong. I loved her confidence even when dealing with a guy like Kingston who from the very beginning screamed danger! I cannot believe I have to wait for Dark King to find out what happens next.
It’s
Becky Wise
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a series to get sucked into then Wild Card is the one to start. Wild Card is so good. I love what Kelsie Rae gives us with Ace and Kingston. Ace is bold and knows her target. Kingston may be a boss but he has such an intrigue about him that I can't wait to find out more. I couldn't put this one down. If you love Mafia books then you will love this one. I don't want to add too much and give it anything away other then I can't wait to find out what happens in book two. I was ...more
Jamie
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You will be drawn into the book from page one. Everyone has a story , but whose story do you trust yourself to believe. Ace is the spider in a very tangled web. Can she weave herself out of the web she has gotten caught up in?. King is described as a dark man whose path you don't want to cross . What happens when your well oiled world starts to shatter & you aren't sure how to fix it all ?This book does end on a cliffhanger. This is book one of the series.
Joleen Grace
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is so different than Kelsie’s normal books and I love it! It’s more dark! Less lovey dovey! I love the connecting and banter between King and Ace. He’s a bad boy but seems to have a soul. I hate her past and what she’s suffered but she’s a strong woman and I love that. I can’t wait to see how it all goes down in The next book! This series is going to be a must read for all for sure!
Kara
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie Rae is quickly becoming one of my go-to, one-click authors. Though a departure from her other books, Kelsie Rae absolutely smashed this one out of the park! The storyline was incredible and the world building was fantastic! The chemistry between Ace and Kingston was electric and I cannot wait for Dark King to continue their story!
Whitney Wells
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think Kelsie Rae can write anything but 5 star books in my opinion! Wild card is so crazy different then her sweetheart series, but OMG this book sucked me in from the first chapter. Wild card kept me turning pages and at the edge of my seat! Holy guacamole giant freaking cliff hanger!!! Now onto Dark King! Yay for ARC's :)
Ashley  H
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy COW!!!! this book blew me away and was now what I was expecting from Kelsie Rae! This series is going to be awesome. I read this first book of the series as an ARC copy and am voluntarily reviewing it.
Alyson
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very rarely do I finish a book in less than a day but I finished this one super quick, I love Ace and Kingston. Kelsie Rae did not disappoint, this was such a good read, and I can’t wait for the second book.
Jenn Gable
Vickie Jones
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
great book, couldn't put it down, grabs you from the first page and keeps you held from the moment you open the book
Michele Del Rey
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good.nit kept me completely engaged from the writing, characters and chemistry. I could not put down. The detail in this story was great.
Jenny Beuerman
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't have words. Wild Card was immensely different from the Kelsie Rae tale I was expecting. That being said, it was fantastic. Ace is intriguing, Kingston is relatable (family obligations wise not so much mob family) and I need to know what the is up with Jack!
Kelsie Rae has had me hooked from the first book I read of hers (Jude - man, I love Jude!) and I continue to One click anything with her name on it.
Great job! Waiting impatiently for the next in the series!
Mackenzie Teut
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I honestly could not put this book down! Kelsie does such a brilliant job drawing the reader into Kingston and Ace's world that you down want to leave it. This book is a bit of a departure from the Signature Sweethearts series but Kelsie definitely does not disappoint. As someone who has no idea the rules or regulations regarding poker, I was a little bit nervous about reading a story that centered around gambling, casinos and the mob, but I was able to follow along easily with how descriptive a

Mel Walker
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rule #1: Clear your calendar before starting a Kelsie Rae Novel

Wild Card is Kelsie's latest 5 star winning release. This page turning mafia romance is filled with suspense, twists and surprises that will have you speeding to the climax like a bat out of hell. In Ace, a card counting loner bent on revenge, Kelsie introduces us to yet another incredible female lead who is not only beautiful, and smart as a whip but also has the guts and resolve to stand up to not one, but two mafia bosses.

Kelsie
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"This is the first I've read from this author. The pace is quick, the action is constant, and there's enough angst and intrigue to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting, the story definitely sucks you in from the first page.
Ace is essentially a loner, she knows what she wants and has a plan in place to get it. Even a few curve balls can't derail her plan, it's taken her too long to finally be in a position to execute it.
Kingston is now t
Shirley
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kingston is now th
Melanie Helms
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I like this new side to her writing! Im so used to her sweet books but This was good and a side i wanna see more of! It's different. But i loved Ace and she want to hit Burlone where it hurt and let him know that someone can take that away from him. And Kingston. Whew. He sounds hot as hell. Mob boss and all. So sue me i like bad guys. 😂 He's a man feared by others because he's the Dark King. Which i loved seeing that side of him. I'm hoping to see more of that in book 2! But he's also just ...more
Melody Bryant
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this! You will not regret it.
To me, a great author can dabble in many genres and do it well, and this describes Kelsie Rae to a T. I’ve read all of Rae’s books, and while this one is very different than what I’m used to from her, she has done it beautifully.

This book is extremely well rounded. It is gripping, exciting, entertaining, funny, and even made me a little squeamish! I could not read it fast enough.

Rae’s characters are so believable. Her character development is incredible. You s
Vilma
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG, this book was not what I expected, but dang it leaves me on edge, waiting to see how this comes to a head.

I’ve never really been a fan of mafia romances, but Kingston, aka, the Dark King is sexy as hell and this book may have me rethinking my romance genres. Kingston shows his gentle, white knight side to Ace, but that’s not exactly the side of Kingston you meet in the beginning of the book.

I’m not going to lie, it took me until Chapter 6/7 to understand how all the characters were placed
Kym Harding
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this as part of an ARC to review honestly. I haven't reviewed for Kelsie before but have read her books and loved them cover to cover however I must admit I wasn't sure what to make of wild card initially.

This book was a slow starter for me but soon as it drew me in after a few chapters I was hooked. It was worth persevering cos I cannot wait for book 2. The cliffhanger ending does that to you. I loved the dark twists and the desire weaved throughout this story.

Two strong willed mai
Kelsie is a sucker for a love story with all the feels. When she's not chasing words for her next book, you will probably find her reading or, more likely, hanging out with her husband and playing with her three kiddos who love to drive her crazy.

She adores photography, baking, her yorkie, Bob, and her devon rex, Mara. And now that she's actively pursuing her writing dreams, she's set her sights o

Advantage Play (2 books)
  • Dark King (Advantage Play, #2)