Start by marking “Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)

Wild Card

(Advantage Play #1)

Rule #1: Keep your head down and your eyes up. It makes you invisible. But not stupid.

Ace, a young cardshark, has worked her entire life to achieve one goal. Bring Burlone Allegretti to his knees. As the the head of a mafia family who dabbles in human trafficking, he’s far from innocent, and Ace can't wait to exact her revenge.

As her plan is set in motion, the alluring hea
Published September 23rd 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Wild Card, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Card

Rochelle
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book from this author that I have read and I thought it was an enjoyable read. This is a mafia romance mixed with suspense. Ace and Kingston were explosive together. This book will keep you invested with each page that you read. You are not going to want it to end. I didn’t realize that it was a cliffhanger and I can’t wait to read book 2. I need to know what is going to happen next.

Mandie
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was hot! It was so full of suspense I was literally on the edge of my seat while reading it! It took me on a wild ride and I can’t wait to start the next book!
Jessica
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy guacamole!!!
This freaking story is so good!
Kelsie’s best book to date!
I cannot even fully express what this book is about without giving anything away and possibly ruining something for you.

I could not put it down.
I didn’t want to put it down.
Too bad I have work, a husband, a kid and home to take care of on days like this when I get sucked into such a wonderful story.
This one had me on my toes a few times. Completely on the edge of my seat.
And that ‘ending’?!?! Eek!!!!

No spoilers from me.
Y
Carly Wilson
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Wild Card’ is the first book in the Advantage Play series by Kelsie Rae, and it is the first Mafia romance I have read in a very long time.

The book is fast paced, exciting and an incredibly addictive plot. I began reading last night and almost read it all in one sitting, refusing to end my reading journey due to being completely inmersed.

The story focuses on Ace, a beautiful young card counter who frequents the city’s casinos in order to to gain money for her ultimate goal. For years she has be
April Symes
Wild Card is the 1st book in the Advantage Play series by Kelsie Rae and it's a departure from what she normally writes; she usually writes sweet, lighthearted and romantic romances yet Wild Card is a deliciously tempting dark romance that will take you on quite the emotional rollercoaster journey and it's only book 1.
The pace is quick, the action is intense, and there's quite a bit of angst and intrigue to keep you on the edge of your seat woven through the book to keep you hooked from start t
Kim Gauger
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blown away by this amazing book. I have read every single one of Kelsie Rae’s books and this is a totally new direction for her. I’m in love with this!

Mafia romance with so many twists, point of views and turns you will be on the edge of your seat! It does end in a cliffhanger, but don’t let that stop you.

The chemistry between Ace and Kingston is off the charts hot! I love them and what is starting between the two of them. The storyline is fantastic and keeps you on your toes. A book you won’t
Gladys
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this read. This book gives multiple P.O.V's (not just main characters) and I liked that and thought it was very original. The storyline was interesting and offered plenty of excitement, danger, drama, suspense and romance. I liked Ace and Kingston's chemistry and I found the first piece of their slow burn romance to be very entertaining. This book does end on a cliffhanger. This is my freely posted honest review.
Becca
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely a page-turner for me. I'm usually not too much into Mafia Romances (besides the Elite Series by Rachel Van Dyken) but this story pulled me in with Characters that were full of charm and personality. Ace is spunky and fearless as she takes on her past. Falling for the boss of a mob family was never in her radar but the two of them are magnetic and steamy.
Angel
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing change from Rae' s usual romances, WILD CARD is one of those stories that have you on the edge of your seat the entire time! I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of the series!!
Christina Pannell
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars.
It’s dark and keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next!
Full of Mafia, mob bosses, gambling, counting cards, mob wars, love, friendship,kidnapping and drama.
This was my first book by this author and it will not be my last.
Be sure to check this book out when it releases
Natalie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie is one of my favorite authors. I’ve read and loved all her books, this one included. Wild Card is a mafia romantic suspense, I really enjoy suspense and this book did not disappoint. Ace, the female lead character, has not had an easy life. Despite all of the adversity, she hasn’t let it stop her from going after her goal. Too bad her main goal is to get revenge on one of the top mobsters in town. Kingston, the male lead, has recently taken over control of the Romano family when his fathe ...more
Rene' Seals
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie Rae specializes in contemporary romance that is sweet with a little heat. Her Signature Sweetheart Series was a HUGE hit! With the Advantage Play Series, Kelsie is showing us a different side of her personality. Someone has been hiding a dark side behind some sweet romances. Grab your whiskey. Come in my office and let’s have a chat about Kelsie Rae’s Wild Card.

Ace is a card-counting badass hiding behind short skirts and blonde wigs. She slips into the casino, wins at black-jack and slips
Paulette
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
WOW! I was not prepared for this book. I’ve read two books before by this author. Both stories were sweet and romantic. This book is a whole different ballgame. This is another side of Kelsie Rae I didn’t know existed. Welcome to the world of mafia, gambling, intrigue, suspense, and subplots that will have your head spinning.

Ace is a unique girl/women who has her own story. It will make you tear up, worry, and cheer her on. Unfortunately, life has been hard for her and it doesn’t look like it’s
Mackenzie Teut
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I honestly could not put this book down! Kelsie does such a brilliant job drawing the reader into Kingston and Ace's world that you down want to leave it. This book is a bit of a departure from the Signature Sweethearts series but Kelsie definitely does not disappoint. As someone who has no idea the rules or regulations regarding poker, I was a little bit nervous about reading a story that centered around gambling, casinos and the mob, but I was able to follow along easily with how descriptive a

Ebonie
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would. It’s not often that I’ve read a mob boss type of book, but man. Once I got into the story, I fell deep into Ace and Kingston’s dark, twisted world.

Ace is such a great character. She’s been through so much in her young life, which has made her into the tough, nearly untouchable woman that she is. However, her life hasn’t stopped her from going for what she wants and enacting revenge on an enemy in a way that I thought was clever and really cool
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY EVERLOVIN' HELL! Wild Card was so freakin' good, that I absolutely couldn't put it down to accomplish anything else, including using the restroom. Boy, did I ever have to go once I was able to put the kindle down after every last page was devoured. I hadn't eaten, and I was thirsty to boot, so yeah, it was that amazing! It's the story of a heroine named, Ace, who I absolutely LOVED so much, and a hero who may or may not have been an anti-hero, Kingston. They teamed up to take down a baddie, ...more
Amanda
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow. Wild Card is such a different read than the rest of Kelsie’s backlist and I FLOVED IT! She took a risk and it paid off in spades, really showcasing the depths of her writing abilities. I was sucked into the seedy world of mob-owned casinos, but was swept up in the pair of story lines that were spun together so uniquely that I couldn’t wait to get more of Ace and Kingston.

Ace was such a chameleon, truly becoming each persona she was portraying but also keeping her rules to ground h
Mel Walker
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rule #1: Clear your calendar before starting a Kelsie Rae Novel

Wild Card is Kelsie's latest 5 star winning release. This page turning mafia romance is filled with suspense, twists and surprises that will have you speeding to the climax like a bat out of hell. In Ace, a card counting loner bent on revenge, Kelsie introduces us to yet another incredible female lead who is not only beautiful, and smart as a whip but also has the guts and resolve to stand up to not one, but two mafia bosses.

Kelsie
Teri
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a number of this author's books but I gotta say I wasn't ready for this one. This time the author takes us on a darker journey. This time we meet Ace. She sure isn't one of the Signature Sweethearts, nope she may be soft and innocent on the inside but life has toughened her up on the outside. She has one thing in mind and it doesn't include love. She's out for vengeance and gets smack dab in the middle of a storm of major magnitude. It's an action packed read that will test your emot ...more
HEATHER
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drama, suspense, revenge, this book had it all!
by sewsummore

This was a dark romance that sent chills through me, the suspense was sky high and it did not finish at the end of this story but continues on in the next book in the series. Ace was a young girl determined to have her revenge on the man she views as responsible for her mother's disappearance. When she is caught counting cards at a Romano Casino she meets with the head man himself King. There is a chemistry between them that has them bo
KL Cassanello
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ace is out for revenge, against Burlone Allegretti, head of a mafia family and the SOB who killed her mother. He owns a casino, and she has a plan to ruin him. Kingston Romano took over his crime family recently after the death of his father. And he just made a deal with Ace, moving toward his goal of taking down the enemy. These two are on a slow burn - they come from very different worlds, yet seemingly work so well together.

I don't usually read mafia romances, but chose this book because of t
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"This is the first I've read from this author. The pace is quick, the action is constant, and there's enough angst and intrigue to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting, the story definitely sucks you in from the first page.
Ace is essentially a loner, she knows what she wants and has a plan in place to get it. Even a few curve balls can't derail her plan, it's taken her too long to finally be in a position to execute it.
Kingston is now t
Carolyn Muller
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wild Card by Kelsie Rae
5 Stars
Ashleigh
Closet Romance Reader
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Crap!! Where did sweet Kelsie go?? This book was dark and dirty but completely amazing!! I didn’t realize it was a series because I was thrown for a loop with the HUGE cliffhanger! Wild Cars kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. There were so many things in play; my mind was going 90 miles per minute! Kelsie had me guessing at every turn! Can’t wait to dive into Dark King!!

Ace is a card shark with only one thing on her mind - revenge! She has been working up to make it happen and
Within The Pages Book Blog
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new Author to me. Now I’m stalking her Amazon page for her other books,I really enjoyed reading this story. Ace is young pretty and she can count cards. She knows how to blend in and win some cash at casino’s. She has a single focus and that’s to win a poker tournament against the man who she thinks killed her mom but that man is Mafia so she needs to play it smart. While she’s practicing her skills at another casino she catches the eye of owner Kingston who is also the head of another ...more
Carrie
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was luckily enough to receive an ARC of Wild Card! I have read everything that Kelsie Rae has written, and just wow! She’s done it again. I’m usually not a fan of mafia/suspense, but if Kelsie wrote it I’ll read it, so figured why not? I may have myself a new genre!

This book was such a departure from her Signature Sweethearts series and her other standalones, which just goes to show what a great writer she is. She builds suspense, sprinkles in a little romance, and then ends on a cliffhanger
Melanie Helms
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I like this new side to her writing! Im so used to her sweet books but This was good and a side i wanna see more of! It's different. But i loved Ace and she want to hit Burlone where it hurt and let him know that someone can take that away from him. And Kingston. Whew. He sounds hot as hell. Mob boss and all. So sue me i like bad guys. 😂 He's a man feared by others because he's the Dark King. Which i loved seeing that side of him. I'm hoping to see more of that in book 2! But he's also just ...more
Melody Bryant
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this! You will not regret it.
To me, a great author can dabble in many genres and do it well, and this describes Kelsie Rae to a T. I’ve read all of Rae’s books, and while this one is very different than what I’m used to from her, she has done it beautifully.

This book is extremely well rounded. It is gripping, exciting, entertaining, funny, and even made me a little squeamish! I could not read it fast enough.

Rae’s characters are so believable. Her character development is incredible. You s
Vilma
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG, this book was not what I expected, but dang it leaves me on edge, waiting to see how this comes to a head.

I’ve never really been a fan of mafia romances, but Kingston, aka, the Dark King is sexy as hell and this book may have me rethinking my romance genres. Kingston shows his gentle, white knight side to Ace, but that’s not exactly the side of Kingston you meet in the beginning of the book.

I’m not going to lie, it took me until Chapter 6/7 to understand how all the characters were placed
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kelsie is a sucker for a love story with all the feels. When she's not chasing words for her next book, you will probably find her reading or, more likely, hanging out with her husband and playing with her three kiddos who love to drive her crazy.

She adores photography, baking, her yorkie, Bob, and her devon rex, Mara. And now that she's actively pursuing her writing dreams, she's set her sights o

Advantage Play (2 books)
  • Dark King (Advantage Play, #2)