Start by marking “Teach Me: A Novella” as Want to Read:
Teach Me: A Novella

Teach Me: A Novella

(The Summer of Secrets #3)

Despite being the eldest sister, Elizabeth “Sophie” Bordeau’s relationship with rules has always been rocky, at best.

At seventeen, she lost her parents and inherited a life of responsibility she wasn’t ready for.
At twenty, she ran away from it all.
Now, at twenty-eight, she’s back to try to mend old wounds.

But when an unexpected connectio
Kindle Edition, 1
Published September 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Teach Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teach Me

Christina Hart
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“This boy is tired and worn down from the life he didn’t ask for. I know the feeling.”

In the third and final book in the series, Rogue ties the stories together in a way that feels effortless, profound, and purposeful.

The story takes us on Sophie’s journey, the eldest sister of the Bordeau girls, who’s back in her hometown after running from her responsibilities. But when she happens to meet a younger man who oddly resembles her first love, she quickly learns that the good looks are
Talon
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wanted to review these three books together not because they're all in the same mini-series or because they're all set in the same summer or they all have the same sisters involved within them. But because even though they have a lot of similarities, they have so many more differences that really stuck out to me. So instead of breaking them all out, I wanted to include them in one post.

Each story has heartbreak, but each story displays it differently. One is emotional, one is inten
Tiffany Silver
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daniele
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sophie Bordeau was always a rebel, a loyal rebel though as the oldest of the sisters, it’s hard to be and take on the responsibility. You have dreams and sometimes those dreams take you to the unexpected, like meeting Sloane Callahan. This is a tale of breaking the rules, of not letting standard guide your life and just being who you are meant to be and letting you be with you are meant to be with.

It’s about two people dealing with loss, finding strength in each other and the courage to live li
Sonya aka bookobsession83
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On paper Teach Me by J.R. Rogue is an age gap romance but it didn’t truly feel like one. I say this because Sloan was more mature then your typical 20 year old man.

This story starts out hot between Sophie and Sloan but grew into more than just a hot physical attraction.
It was more than just an age gap romance. It is about two people who have experienced similar losses in life and how to cope with them. How to find yourself again and be ok with who that will be and what that wil
Cynthia Rodriguez
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sex with a pulse.

All three parts are live and free in KU!
Ruin Me: https://amzn.to/2LNe6CU
Hate Me: https://amzn.to/2Q4OAhX
Teach Me: https://amzn.to/2NYiCRu
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Teach Me is the 3rd and final novella in The Summer Of Secrets book with 3 stories about 3 sisters during one summer.

Sophie Bordeau is the oldest of the Bordeau sisters and she is the rebel with a cause. After running from her life in the small beachy hometown, she is ready to return and stake her claim within her family...she thinks. But when a guy catches her eye, everything may turn her world upside down.
Sloane may be much younger, but he seems to carry a mature and calm way about himself a
Felicia
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
My parents taught me that I could be whoever I wanted to be, so I'm a teacher with tattoos and a foul mouth. I talk about sex like I talk about the weather. My laugh is loud, and I do things other people would be afraid to do, and I only question it when it's too late.

Sophie is SO different from the other sisters. She seems more upfront with who she is and what she wants. She doesn't really hold back from going for what she wants either.

I wasn't sure about this story when I first started readi
Lisa
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it

To me, Sophie felt like she carried the most secrets and the most baggage of her sisters. She felt like she was going through a lot of motions without the actual emotion behind it. I found it a little hard to connect to her because it felt like she was always hiding something. Even when she finally opens up, she still feels guarded. I kept waiting for something big from her, but her character was steady for the entire story.

This is an age gap romance, that never really f
Erica
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this from Cynthia, and wow. *Review for entire series* I just finished this absolute masterpiece. These ladies are 3 of my favorite writers, so I knew TSOS was going to be nothing less than epic. I was right and wrong. These books, these characters and their love stories, are so much more than I ever could’ve dreamed. I love that you can feel each author’s style, but the stories are so intricately woven that they create pure magic. I adore each of their si ...more
Hibby Musé
4,5 stars

Aaah the perfect ending to the perfect little summer novella series.

I really loved reading Sophie’s story. Since i’ve read the first novella, she’s been in the back of my mind. I wanted to know about the rebel, i wanted to know why she made the choices she made, i wanted to know who she was and i am glad i got to know her.

Sophie and Sloan are just perfect together, they are fire and just too damn hot. But the talks they had wer
Alisha Dziennik
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miss Meliss Reads
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know what it is about J.R. Rogue’s writing, but she leaves me absolutely speechless after every book I read of hers. I knew this was going to be a short story, and through the whole thing I started getting anxious because I didn’t want it to end. I felt so attached to these characters. I kept thinking that I want her to write another book with them, but the more I think about it, I think she did a perfect job of telling their story.

I’m so sad this series is over. I really hope these thr
Jessica
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story... so far I have really enjoyed The Summer of Secrets trilogy until I got to Sophie’s story.

This one blew me away. I loved Sophie’s character so much. I found myself swept up not just in her romance with Sloane, but just in her completely.

J.R. Rogue pulled off another outstanding story. I just absolutely loved it!
Rowena
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite of the series!

My favorite of the series, Sophie’s story was enjoyable from the start. The characters are complex but with a sweet and vulnerability that you can relate too. Sloane’s character ma6 be younger than Sophie but they compliments each other. Just the right amount of drama and heat that made for an entertaining read.
Crystal Aguilar
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"He isn't shy. He isn't reserved with his words. What Sloane feels, he says, and it is so refreshing to quit the fucking games."

Sophie and Sloane...just perfect! Perfect way to end off the summer and get all the secrets out in the open. The Bordeau sisters were amazing, and I hope we hear more about them!
Lisa Roberts
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The oldest sister Sophie had alot going on, struggling with her own demons and is so different from her other sisters.l, I liked the way she thinks and her feeling are so real and meeting Sloane with an age gap was more delicious. Sloane was very grown up for his age but so so perfect for Sophie. I loved all the sisters and this one tied it together perfectly.
LaGina
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was nice to see that just because Sophie was the oldest didnt mean that she should get her book first. Having been able to read all three stories one right after the other was so great and so enjoyable and really amazing to see three different authors take on a character and have all three mesh so well. This trio did an awesome job.
S. Zapata
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Teach Me is everything you want to read. It has suspense, romance and a troubling past that the main character, Sophie has to move past. J.R. Rogue has a gift for making characters that you can see yourself in. Its so real it hurts.
Tracy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved these characters...loved this story and this series...sad its over
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Teach Me, the final novella in the Summer of Secrets series, follows eldest sister Elizabeth Sophie as she navigates the small town of Cherry Cove that she had left behind in search of healing and herself. She wants to help at Bordeau Books, she wants to heal her relationships with her sisters, and she wants younger Sloane Callahan, she just doesn't know how to achieve any of it. With a teaching job and a pile of secrets held close to her chest, So
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
I finished this book a few days ago and have been trying to figure out how to word this review. If you know me, you know I’m not all about age gap romances. You will notice, though, I gave this book 5 stars. The reason for this is because Sloane and Sophie are friends. “Sloane is more than a lover. He is a friend.” The focus isn’t on the taboo of the gap, the focus is on the things that their friendship help them work through about themselves. Sophie ran away from her issues so long ago but was ...more
Lee Rey
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sophie and Sloane have an interest chemistry when they meet at school for a meeting. The thing is they know each other from the past but they were younger, and Sophie was with Sloane's arrogant/negative older brother at the time. But Sloane is responsible young man who is striving for a future and Sophie has learned from her past but still trying to make a home with her siblings. They both have a loss and allow themselves to succumb to their desires and comfort each other over the summer. But th ...more
Gwen Shafer
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the last one in this series and about the rebellious sister Elizabeth. She took off and went to school. She comes back and takes a teaching job at the school in town. While there is runs into Sloane her ex's (high school sweetheart no less) step brother. Intense sparks off the charts chemistry. Will she give in to him? Another interesting one that hooks you right from the start to the finish. I loved this one and the characters. A great storyline that I couldn't put down.
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in these quick read novellas, and is Elizabeth “Sophia’s” story. Sophia is the eldest of the 3 sisters, and was handed the reigns of responsibility at a young age, from which she ran away from after a couple of years. Now she is back in her hometown as well, and when Sloane, someone from her past walks into her class room, she has to decide if her own happiness is worth the risk.
Cynthia Carpenter
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sophie and Sloane takes you on an emotional roller coaster of the why's and how's of what they have gone thur. Each word that you read will pull you in a little more to understand what Sophie has gone thur till you understand. Amazing, heartfelt, and its shows you that no matter what with time and love anything is possible. Will definitely read more from this author
Samantha Fields
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is Sophie and Sloane's book. It can be read as a standalone but as they're a connected series I'd read them in order. Sophie is the oldest sister and ran from responsibility but now she's back to make amends. Definitely worth a read.
Emily Bierman
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As much as I loved Sloane, I think I love Sophie even more. She’s one of the few female characters that I relate to deep down. Sloane is a dream & a perfect match for Sophie. Truly enjoyed this series.
Cassidy
Sep 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
I’ve started and are enjoying this one. The heroine is a teacher. I’m a teacher. This is the beginning of the school year. I don’t want to read about school when I’m stressed about school. I’ll be back.
J.R. Rogue
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
All three parts are live and free in KU!

Ruin Me: https://amzn.to/2LNe6CU
Hate Me: https://amzn.to/2Q4OAhX
Teach Me: https://amzn.to/2NYiCRu

The Summer of Secrets (3 books)
  • Ruin Me