Start by marking “Hate Me” as Want to Read:
Hate Me

Hate Me

(The Summer of Secrets #2)

As the second of three sisters, Eloise “Lucy” Bordeau was never known for breaking the rules. And since taking over the family business while her sisters ran from small-town living and escaped to the city, rules have become her life.

Until a stranger walks into her bookstore and gives her a night that rivals even the steamiest of romance novels.

Only,
Published September 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hate Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate Me

J.R. Rogue
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eloise and Ezra are FIRE! Their chemistry leaped off the page. I was legit blushing during that bookstore scene. Or sweating, maybe both. Eloise is the stone-cold heroine I want. Ezra was the perfect mix of confident and caring.

All three parts are live and free in KU!

Ruin Me: https://amzn.to/2LNe6CU
Hate Me: https://amzn.to/2Q4OAhX
Teach Me: https://amzn.to/2NYiCRu
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Ez.Ra. Ezra. Yes. This is my first book by Cynthia and it won’t be my last. I have been anxiously awaiting this trio of books and it didn’t disappoint. This book started out reminding me of You’ve Got Mail, minus the mail, adding in the contract fulfillment. Then it took multiple turns. This book was written like a poem. The characters, so flawed, yet so beautiful. Let’s talk about Ezra though, because I don’t want to let him go. His love, lust, longing for Lucy jumped off the pages. Being there ...more
Tiffany Silver
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets are getting juicier!

Um... wow. Can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on this author. She is 🔥 bringer of the angst!

Eloise was so prickly. Love that in a female lead! And Ezra was HAWT. Oh lort *fans self*

I am torn between reading Sophie’s story or picking up more of this author’s work! If this is what a novella is like, I can only imagine what she can do with more words! 😅
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Eloise "Lucy" Bordeau has done everything to keep her parent's bookstore alive, even as her sister's ran from their hometown. She's given up everything, including herself, unable to let go, to chase her dreams too. A handsome stranger, like those in her books, seems like the perfect distraction, until she discovers who he really is. Ezra James holds the money she needs, but the contract he asks her to sign asks for more than interest in return.
Christina Hart
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I am a woman, standing in a downpour, celebrating the fact that she’s forgotten her umbrella.”

Full of enchanting prose, intensity, and instant attraction (with a dash of loathing), the second part of this series is a delicious mixture of romance and eloquence.

Eloise—or Lucy, to most—is a smart and pensive character, woven with regret and longing.

After sacrificing her own dreams in exchange for her sisters’ freedom, she’s remained stagnant;
stuck in the same small town w
Sonya aka bookobsession83
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have only ever read one other novel by Cynthia and this was very different but I loved it all the same.

Let me just say that the lust and sexual tension just jumps off the pages in this novella and I loved every moment of it.

After a lose the turns the life Lucy and her sisters knew upside down she is left being the “responsible, bitchy” sister and doing what she needs to do to keep her mothers dream alive. She has accepted the role that she had been placed in, never lett
Talon
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wanted to review these three books together not because they're all in the same mini-series or because they're all set in the same summer or they all have the same sisters involved within them. But because even though they have a lot of similarities, they have so many more differences that really stuck out to me. So instead of breaking them all out, I wanted to include them in one post.

Each story has heartbreak, but each story displays it differently. One is emotional, one is inten
Daniele
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me from the moment a man named Ezra James walked into the bookstore store of Eloise “Lucy” Bordeau. Eloise is this sweet force of power that battles the kind strength of Ezra in such a way that you will not be able to put this book down until you finish the last word. She is fierce and independent and he is persistent and successful and it’s a combination that’s explosive.

Cynthia has outdone herself with her summer of secrets. She shows us that while there are times to be stoic an
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hate Me is the second novella in The Summer Of Secrets book with 3 stories about 3 sisters during one summer.
Eloise Bordeau, the middle child, has been left behind by her two sisters running her family's book store and taking care of everything at home while her oldest and youngest sisters are off running from something or trying to discover themselves. Meanwhile Eloise (Lucy) is stuck in their sleepy beach hometown not able to live out her dreams. Her sisters return to "help" for the summer, b
Elizabeth Sanders
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"His eyes say hello. His mouth says I'm trouble. My brain doesn't give a damn."

I just finished reading #HateMe by Cynthia A. Rodriguez and holy sh*t, this story started with a bang. 😉
I am totally blown away by this novella. I wish it were longer!! 😍
An instant attraction between these two. This novelella is - intense, so much intensity. This novella is sexy and delicious. The romance. ❤
Ezra makes me melt, especially with his words, he's hot!
There was tension and sexual ch
Lisa
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Gawd. This story. The chemistry between Ezra and Eloise.. off the charts. This couple just oozes the epitome of sexiness. I loved Eloise. Loved. Her. Ezra was like a breath of fresh air from all the stories about men who treat women badly, yet the women keep running back. I wish this was a full length story and not a novella, only because I'm greedy for more of their story. This never felt like a novella. All the little details and nuances were there. It never felt rushed. Cynthia took her ...more
Lisa Roberts
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my I devored this one, my heart hurt for Eloise the choices she made ripping her apart from the inside out with so much hurt and strength also until the beautiful man Ezra walks threw those doors of the bookstore and sees what nobody else sees and plucks at her bit by bit. This was intense and emotional and the raw feelings gah!!! The character development is outstanding and I truly loved them.
Hibby Musé
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars!!!

Summer of secrets Hate me by Cynthia A Rodriguez

Is a cute summer read. It’s about lust at first sight and surrendering to your feelings. It’s about letting go and giving in.

This book is a little bit different from what I am used to of Cynthia, but she never fails me. I really enjoyed this book. The back and forth between Eloise and Ezra was everything. I loved the bitchy side to Eloise, her inability to show her vulnerability because she’s been burned too man
Taylor
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of sexual tension dreams are made of! Lucy and Ezra were a treat from the moment he walked into her bookstore. I stayed up reading this because there was no way I was putting it down. This is the second book of Cynthia’s I have read and her books just punch me in the feels and I love it! I want to be friends with all her characters!
Crystal Aguilar
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"His eyes say hello. His mouth says I'm trouble. My brain doesn't give a damn."

That quote honestly sets the entire tone for this book for me! Ezra is just so hot, and I was melting quite a few times throughout the novella. Short and fun read!
Alisha Dziennik
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LaGina
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What is NOT to like about a story that has a bookstore scene in it!?! The chemistry between these two characters not only made you pay attention but it felt like it was the real deal. This was another new to me author and I cant believe I havent read her before now.
Maia
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved Lucy's story! This series is absolutely awesome
Sophie Ruthven
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No matter what this author writes she blows me away with her ability to turn simple words into beautiful poetry.
This genre is not a normal pick for me but I think I could read a shopping list from her and enjoy it.
Look forward to reading the other two stories in this series.
Gwen Shafer
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one is the second one in this set and punches you right in the feelers. Lucy is hardcore. She doesn't feel doesn't care. The only thing she cares about is saving her family's bookstore. Until a complete stranger walks into the store and in one night changes her way of thinking. But Ezra isn't who she thinks he is either? He isn't a complete stranger. Will these two be able to put aside the love hate relationship they have and work things out? You can easily feel the sexy tension between the ...more
Felicia
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-from-author
I liked this second book of the series a little more than the first. The two main characters are older than the first book's, and I think that made a difference for me.

I liked Lucy. She was independent, stubborn, and really not trusting. I liked Ezra, but honestly I don't feel like I *really* know that much about him. Seemed like we didn't get a lot of his backstory. I loved their first conversation together and their banter. The pacing was a little fast considering they just met, ho
Rowena
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A yummy enemies to lovers read.

What an enjoyable enemies to lovers romance story. Eloise “Lucy” made Ezra work for the contract with agreed with. I loved that Ezra just went along with what Lucy wanted. They had great chemistry and their heat level made for some hot loving. My favorite so far of the sister, but I can’t wait for Sophie’s story.
Cynthia Carpenter
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eloise and Ezra put my heart the the ringer from page to the next finding out about what they both have been and the hurt and pain one has felt . Some of it will have you in tears and break your heart and slowly put it back together with a few twist to keep you guessing. You won't be disappointed. Loved this book and definitely can't wait to read more from her
Jessica
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow... Hate Me was hot! Ezra was just my type. I love Eloise, and her character. I found myself intrigued by this arrangement between her and Ezra. I really wasn’t prepared for it to end. I would love to see where they go next.
Cassidy
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

I was hooked on this one from the start. I loved it. There were just a few spots that I could have done with more story and less sex. They never lasted long. I want to read more from this author.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in this series of novellas, and is Eloise “Lucy’s” story. Lucy sacrificed her own dreams for her sisters, and runs the families bookstore. Ezra wants to but the business from underneath her. This is another good story which is intriguing and had me hooked throughout.
S. Zapata
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cynthia gives you all the feels in this novella. She introduces you to a guy you feel you should hate, all while making you fall irresistably in love with him. Her writing flows so beautifully with Christina Hart and J.R. Rogue. The Summer of Secrets collection is a must read.
Samantha Fields
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in a series and tells the story of Lucy and Ezra. Lucy is the sister who stayed to manage the family bookstore when her sister's both left. She has to learn to forgive whilst also fighting off the guy who wants her bookstore but also her. Definitely worth a read
Debby
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far so good!

I read part 1 and enjoyed. This one I did too. My reason for 4 stars on both is they just need more. Basically the reason I stay away from novellas, but I love JR Rogue and now I love these authors too.
Cynthia hates writing her own bio. In her down-time, you can find her watching movies, ranging anywhere from classic to action flicks (she has a weakness for Marvel adaptations), and reading any novel she can get her hands on.

She loves hearing from her readers! You can reach Cynthia at cynthia.a.rodriguez6@gmail.com. Both her Twitter and Instagram handles are @thecynrodriguez.

The Summer of Secrets (3 books)
  • Ruin Me