Start by marking “Ruin Me” as Want to Read:
Ruin Me

Ruin Me

(The Summer of Secrets #1)

Eleanor “Kitty” Bordeau, the baby of three sisters, lives by rules of the heart.

Too young to remember their lives before the tragedy, she’s always gotten away with being impulsive and responsibility-free.

And after running away from everything she ever knew, with heartbreak at her heels, passion only existed in the form of poetry.

Now, two
Published September 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ruin Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruin Me

Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
2,5 🤔😔⭐s

The poems that appeared in the beginning of the chapters were the only ones that I enjoyed.
A quick read, the heroine’s actions did not match with her age of 19 - I would have expected her to be at least a couple of years older. The character of the hero was not adequately developed, as well as the storyline. Almost every time they met they had sex which became kind of tiring.
I don’t think I will read the stories of the other two sisters.... 😔
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

3.5 Stars

The youngest Bordeau sister has been plagued by her role and nickname of Baby Bordeau for too long, she's using this summer to face everything she left behind and stand up to her sisters. Christina Hart's Ruin Me follows poetry writer Kitty Bordeau as she faces old love, struggles through heartbreak, and fights against the secrets her sisters have kept in the name of love.

"This all feels too familiar. This searching for him. M
Butthisbook
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
“The wounds we soak, in salt, they burn just like we want them to. We’re masochists, you know. We take all that hurt and roll it around in sugar until it comes out sweet. We’re sadists, you know, trying to make the pain sound pretty. But the wounds we cloak, in sadness and solace, we never wanted them. We never asked for this.”

Oh how I’ve missed Christina Hart’s words! ❤
Tiffany Silver
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good two-for-one... poetry and a novel!

Reading a novel written by someone with a poet’s heart is a real treat. You’re not getting a wham bam thank you ma’am love story. You’re being seduced and made love to. That is how I felt reading this novella. It packed quite the emotional punch!

A great second chance story!
J.R. Rogue
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful second-chance romance from one of my favorite authors. The poetry was such an exquisite touch. I loved Kitty's youth and her love for her sisters. Joey was the perfect reformed bad boy.

All three parts are live and free in KU!

Ruin Me: https://amzn.to/2LNe6CU
Hate Me: https://amzn.to/2Q4OAhX
Teach Me: https://amzn.to/2NYiCRu
Cynthia Rodriguez
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wickedly delicious and profoundly poetic.

All three parts are live and free in KU!
Ruin Me: https://amzn.to/2LNe6CU
Hate Me: https://amzn.to/2Q4OAhX
Teach Me: https://amzn.to/2NYiCRu
Sonya aka bookobsession83
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ruin Me is so much more then a novella. It is a beautifully written story and poetry all rolled in to one. This was my first taste of Christina Hart’s writing and will not be my last. She is truly a special talent.

This second chance novella was packed full with so much emotion. I usually find novellas overly rushed (I know they need to be) but this one didn’t feel that way. I still feel like we had enough backstory and understanding that the story flowed perfectly.

Kitty u
Amanda Cuff
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge-2019
"I’ve died a thousand deaths with Joey and here I am, wrists out, begging for him to bind them once more."

I really loved the first book in the Summer of Secrets series. It was a great introduction to the sisters and a good second chance love story. The writing is beautiful and poetic. I flew right through it.

I found Kitty incredibly relatable. I liked that she wasn't perfect. I liked that she had a chip in her armor, but still wore it proudly. She's still very young in her thoughts
Lisa
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm not a novella person, normally. I like all the wordy details and novellas tend to leave parts out. I do wish there was more to 'Ruin Me'. We know that Kitty and Joey have a strong sexual connection, but I wish there was more about their past and why she ran away for two years. If you take the sex out, there isn't very much story left.

Christina's writing is very fluid and expressive. I loved the poems at the beginning of Kitty's chapters. Those poems were my favorite parts.

I was left wantin
Cynthia Carpenter
Kitty and Joey take you from one emotional ride to the next. They have been apart for two years and it left them both wrecked. When they try and figure out how to be together again something comes up and tries for rip them apart. Her sister's don't help either. Will they he able to over come everything and be what they are supposed to be or will they let it keep them apart. Amazingly beautiful read with a few twists and turns to keep you wanting more. You laugh, cry and feel it all. Can't wait t ...more
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
This poetry.... omg this poetry. I just recently got into reading poetry again, I used to be obsessed. This book was fantastic.
“We take all that hurt and roll it around in sugar until it comes out sweet. We’re sadists, you know, trying to make the pain sound pretty. But the wounds we cloak, in sadness and solace, we never wanted them. We never asked for this.”
Each chapter that was Kitty’s started with a poem. Each of those poems hit deep into my soul. Kitty and Joey’s story was heartbreaking.
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Ruin Me is the first novella in The Summer Of Secrets book with 3 stories about 3 sisters during one summer.
Christina Hart started the book off with a bang with her fantastic, yet heartbreaking poetry she includes with each chapter of Kitty, the youngest Bordeau sister. Kitty has just moved back home to her quiet beach hometown to be reunite with her 2 sisters. When she runs into her old high school boyfriend, Joey their worlds ignite and life definitely sets some things in motion.
Their story
Felicia
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-from-author
Some blood never washes away. Sometimes, even when you try, your hands will never be wiped clean of your past.

So I don't read a lot of romance these days. I've become very selective because a lot are super cheesy, too angsty, over dramatic, etc. However, this is a series written by three authors I've come to trust, so I felt good going in.

I liked Hart's writing with this book. I loved the inclusion of poetry at the beginning of each chapter (as well as it being a huge part of Kitty). The story flowed
Talon
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wanted to review these three books together not because they're all in the same mini-series or because they're all set in the same summer or they all have the same sisters involved within them. But because even though they have a lot of similarities, they have so many more differences that really stuck out to me. So instead of breaking them all out, I wanted to include them in one post.

Each story has heartbreak, but each story displays it differently. One is emotional, one is inten
Jessica
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The poetry in this story was absolutely beautiful. I felt gut punched by a few... I think Christina Hart needs to give me a whole book of poetry. And that piece by Kat Savage! Whoa!!
This was my first book by Christina Hart, and is definitely not going to be my last. I’ll admit that I am one to usually be turned off by motorcycle gang guys, but Joey definitely changes my mind. I just loved him. Joey and Kitty were written perfectly.
I am absolutely intrigued by the sisters, and their beautiful b
Elizabeth Sanders
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Somewhere in your bed sheets, that's where my heart bleeds. I am a riptide, you a reckless current. In the depths we will crash. In the shallow we shall drown."

#RuinMe is such a beautifully poetic novel.
So many emotions.
This story is so damn good!
I love Kitty the dreamer and Joey the dreamy bad boy.
The poetry in this novel is fire, I love every single poem.
I absolutely love this second chance love story.
I think most all of us can relate to Kitty a bit at some point in our lives.
I love t
Crystal Aguilar
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S. Zapata
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this novella hard. Who doesn't love a bad boy who is adament about changing for the girl that he loves? That's what Joey is trying to do for Kitty, if her two sisters will ever give him a chance. You will want to read this from cover to cover in one sitting because you can't put it down.
Lisa Roberts
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful strong story of a huge second chance and feelings that have never been forgotten. These characters certainly have their demons and regrets but know exactly what they want. Kitty and Joey are very strong characters with confidence and it melted my heart the sacrifices and things they did for each other.
Hibby Musé
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars!!!

This is the first time I’ve read a book by Christina and her writing flowed so easily between the pages, One of my favorite thing were the beautiful poems she wrote at the beginning of every page. The ways she conveys the inner struggle kitty is going through, the guilt, the longing, the hurt, the happiness. Trying to place them all.

The way she tries to accept this new place in her life and how Joey will fit into it. Will they work this time or will his past come t
Cassidy
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

This second chance romance wasn’t bad. I enjoyed the push and pull. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the heroine was older. It’s a decent novella read.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Miss Meliss Reads
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not a poetry fan. I just don’t get it, and it never speaks to me. However, Christina Hart’s does. She is one of my favorite authors because of her way with words. This book was written so beautifully, and I didn’t want it to end. I can’t wait to read what happens with the other sisters!

LaGina
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful second-chance romance from a new to me author. I was so glad that I had a chance to read this story. Not only did it feel like a full length book I felt like I got the whole story and not that "left me hanging till the next book" feeling.
Chasity
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Kitty and Joey so much!!! This was beautifully written and left me wanting so much more from these characters. I highly recommend!
Tracy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short story but worth every word...loved it...loved the characters..loved the storyline..
Leah Blanks
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved kitty and joeys story it was so good an amazing I loved her poems she wrote thru out the book and I can’t wait to see what happens to the other sisters too
Samantha Fields
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this second chance love story. It was well written with loveable characters. I found the story kept me gripped and I couldn't put it down.
Taylor
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uhh yeah. That was a WTF did I just read moment in the most delicious way possible. Ruin Me, in fact, ruined me. The words... all the words. Christina just found my word erogenous zone and it felt f*ckin amazing. Joey. A thousand times, Joey!
Alisha Dziennik
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started this book Thursday evening and finished it a few hours later just after 3AM. I couldn’t put it down. From the poetry before each chapter to the emotions spilled into each of the pages, Ruin Me had me entranced with every turn of the page. Love is messy and hard and complicated sometimes, but sometimes it’s completely worth being ruined for time and time again. Joey and Kitty are prime examples of that. Such a great read.
Daniele
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kitty Bordeau is a dreamer. She will want you to be a dreamer too. Joey Madden is the bad boy you were always warned about but never would stay away from. This is their story and what happens when love just doesn’t end. When you know it’s seems wrong but feels right. When everyone tells you it should be this way but all your instincts tell you they are wrong.

Christina creates this moving story of never giving up, in believing in someone even when you know you shouldn’t because they a

The Summer of Secrets (3 books)
  • Hate Me