Start by marking “The Happy Ever After Playlist” as Want to Read:
The Happy Ever After Playlist

The Happy Ever After Playlist

From the USA Today bestselling author of The Friend Zone comes an adorable and fresh romantic comedy about one trouble-making dog who brings together two perfect strangers.

Two years after losing her fiancé, Sloan Monroe still can't seem to get her life back on track. But one trouble-making pup with a "take me home" look in his eyes is about to change everything. With her
ebook
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Happy Ever After Playlist, please sign up.
Crystal I'm with you!! I finished this book on Thursday, and I normally pick another book up immediately after. It's been five days, and I still haven't…moreI'm with you!! I finished this book on Thursday, and I normally pick another book up immediately after. It's been five days, and I still haven't started my next book! The ending was so terribly heartbreaking, but it also showed how strong of a woman Sloan is. So, I can't wait to read her story!(less)
Kari | Books For The Living After! It takes place two years after The Friend Zone.…moreAfter! It takes place two years after The Friend Zone. (less)

Start your review of The Happy Ever After Playlist
book bruin
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abby Jimenez has done it again! She continues to amaze me by writing the most wonderfully relatable characters and stories that are not only heartfelt and emotional, but also laugh out loud hilarious. After reading The Friend Zone (which is one of my top reads ever!) I could not wait to get back to this world. The Happy Ever After Playlist can definitely be read as a standalone, but it would probably be best enjoyed after reading The Friend Zone, since characters from that book appear and that ...more
Sheyla ✎
Jun 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Can't wait!
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
Because I have no chill I read this April release in October and let me tell you...worth it. Get this on your TBR. Full review to come closer to release date. All the love!
Kari | Books For The Living
I laughed. I cried. I loved.

Y’all are just getting a quick mini-review of this one since there are still 6 months before it comes out, but long story short, I loved it. I tried my best to make it last, but I read it in less than 2 days. As y’all know, I am not a fast reader, so that says a lot I think.

I was a huge fan of Brandon in THE FRIEND ZONE, so I wasn’t sure how Sloan’s new guy in THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST would live up to expectations. Jason is *very* flirty right off the bat, which
Kim
Y’all I can’t even right now. It’s pretty rare for me to read a book this far in advance of release (April 2020!) but I literally couldn’t wait. I needed Sloan’s story more than I can even explain after what went down in The Friend Zone. The Happy Ever After Playlist was the sequel I needed. I laughed. I cried. I swooned. I cried some more. Perfection. Oh, my feels.

RTC closer to release, after I’ve reread it at least once.

Tori Lee
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Where to even start with this book? I read The Friend Zone earlier this year and I absolutely adored it so I could not wait to get my hands on this one. Author Abby Jimenez has the uncanny ability to submerge me completely in the story at the start of her books and I'm lucky if I know what day it is by the time I've finished. This book had everything a great rom-com should include – an epic meet-cute (like, I don't think anything will top this one for me), banter that will, at the same ...more
angelareadsbooks
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come but now I have to decide if Friend Zone or Happily Ever After Playlist is my favorite book of the year. Maybe have to just choose both!!!
Amy
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-arcs
RTC but it was amazing and if you loved TFZ go ahead and preorder it ASAP! SO GOOD
Kailey (kmc_reads)
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So so so amazing. RTC!
Dawn Cooper
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can count the number of times I have been so invested in a book I cried. The Notebook was first and The Fault in our Stars was second. The Friend Zone dove right into that category & The Happy Ever After Playlist came in hot on its heels. The tough stories written inside of funny quirky writing is the best thing ever. People have junk, life is messy and to write something that feels like I am learning about my new best friends is a breath of fresh air. I know 2020 seems a long ways out, ...more
Summer
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am always a sucker for a regular person dating a celebrity, so this book had me at the blurb. The writing is hilarious and effortlessly shifts on a dime to touching or gut-wrenching. This author really works that balance masterfully.

Without giving away anything in the story, I will say at one point, I jumped out of my chair, tears in my eyes, screaming with glee so loudly I scared the hell out of my dogs.
Ginger at GReadsBooks.com
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-2020
Another stellar novel by one of my favorite authors! If you read & loved The Friend Zone, you definitely need to have her next book on your to be read list.

This story focuses on grief & how we learn to begin again when our lives feel as if they’ve ended. There was a lot I could physically relate to as I witnessed the crippling effects grief had on Sloan, the main character. Though their attraction felt instant & booming with fireworks from the beginning, Sloan and Jason still felt
Lindsay (nerdybooknurse)
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
{ @readforeverpub #partner } The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez takes place around two years after the events in The Friend Zone. Sloan is a shell of herself, trying to figure out how to move on after her fiance Brandon was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident. The last thing she needs is more stress but the universe doesn't seem to be listening when she's sitting at an intersection and a dog comes leaping through her sunroof and onto her lap. She does everything she can to find the ...more
Brei
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am still processing how much I loved this book. I didn't want it to end! I loved how real this all felt.

Longer Review to come.

Go Preorder this book!
Lucy Sellers
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved The Friend Zone! I cannot wait to get my hands on another Abby Jimenez masterpiece!!!!
workreadsleeprepeat (Shannon H)
Dayle (the literary llama)
Okay, if you're like me and you've read The Friend Zone, you made it to the end and thought, "there damn well better be a Sloan book coming next!" There may have also been some tears and further emphatic demands made toward the universe but that basically sums it up. Well cheers to all because The Happy Ever After Playlist does not disappoint! And while you can absolutely read this one without reading Abby Jimenez's first book, I still highly recommend reading The Friend Zone first. It will make ...more
Tina
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved The Friend Zone; The Happy Ever After Playlist is on another level! Quick thoughts while I process Sloan’s story...the beginning made me so happy, then it broke my heart and then it put the pieces back together again. I laughed, I cried and I loved every minute of it!

Pre-order this book now in anticipation of its release on April 14, 2020. If for some crazy reason, you haven’t read The Friend Zone yet, order it now...you can thank me later!
Janette
Jul 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
I need this so badly.
Patty Cooper
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am one of the lucky ones - I've already read Sloan's story. It started in Abby Jimenez's best selling first book - The Friend Zone, and the story telling has continued to be just as good in this book as well. I love Sloan, and you just want for her to be happy. A dog, a boy, a texting relationship - what could go wrong?
If you are here because you loved The Friend Zone - all I can say, is that you won't be disappointed. It's a great read! Now I can't wait for Abby's next book!

If you came here
Courtney Davis
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished The Friend Zone and I can’t wait for Sloan’s story to come out. 2020 can’t get here fast enough!
Kate (kate_reads_)
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Preorder this book right now!! It comes out in April and you will want to read it immediately!

When I read The Friend Zone earlier this year - I gave it 5 stars and it became one of my favorite reads of the year. I was so beyond excited for The Happy Ever After Playlist - I worried maybe I was going in with my expectations too high. Was I putting too much pressure on this? Would it live up to what I wanted?

Within the first few pages - I knew my worries were totally unfounded and I was once
Kellisa
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This will just be a mini review, since The Happy Ever After Playlist doesn’t come out until April 2020. But if you don’t have this book preordered, stop what you’re doing and go snag it! You won’t regret it.

If you were like me and felt emotionally destroyed while reading The Friend Zone, you absolutely need to read The Happy Ever After Playlist. I laughed, I cried (a lot, to be honest), and I LOVED every second of it. The Friend Zone is one of my top books of 2019, but The Happy Ever After
Brittany
Supppppeeerrrr adorable. The chemistry between Sloan and Jason is solid.
I'm 100% surprised this wasn't as depressing and sad as expected. Which I'm okay with.
Sloan was still dealing with her grief. Jason was such a cute sweet puppy dog.

This was going to be a 5* until the last bit and fallout. The fallout was too dramatic for my liking. And like I didn't know you could overdo HEA's. But apparently you can because okkkaaayyyy. Like I love but also too much.

Doesn't look like there will be more
Karma♥Bites ^.~
29 Nov 2019 Woo-hoo!! NetGalley wish granted :D
__________
Sounds cute, right? Know at least 2 nieces who'll love this :)

(for m/m readers, similar set-up in N.R. Walker's Finders Keepers)
maddy max.
I'm already crying like the biggest baby you can imagine. Snot and all. ^^
Amy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whether you read this as a follow up to The Friend Zone or if this is Abby's first book for you, you are going to love these characters and their story. Sloan is so relatable as an overthinking, sentimental girl with a heart too big for her own good. She has to learn to find herself and create her own happily ever after so she can have the love of her life who happens to be an up and coming indie rock musician. Playlist has a different feel and tone than TFZ, but it's a great read you don't want ...more
Therese L.
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of The Friend Zone and couldn’t wait for Happily Ever After Playlist to be released. I was lucky to have received an ARC of Happily Ever After Playlist. The last time I was this determined to read another book from an author was with the Janet Evanovich series with Stephanie Plum.

To say that I was excited was an understatement. I read it in 6 hours while traveling for work. This story picks up 2 years after The Friend Zone and completely takes you on a new path and you will not
Kris Reads Romance
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While reading, I did a lot of this sort of laugh-cry hybrid thing, screamed in frustration, shrieked in excitement, and swooned an appropriate number of times.

I’ve been looking forward to this book ever since I found out it was actually born before The Friend Zone (which I LOVED so much) was even an idea, and Abby nailed it again...unless of course, witty banter and sassy snark isn’t your thing.

Like TFZ, there are real-life issues addressed here and it adds a level of relatability of these
BookishLor
5/5 stars

I'll be honest I liked The Friend Zone, but I loved THEAP! I don't know if it's because I connected more to the overall story or Sloan & Jason as characters, but this story really hit me in the feels!

I loved the beginning when Sloan & Jason are getting to know each other long distance and Sloan is coming out of her grief. It reminded me so much of getting to know my husband through IMs and late night calls. This story gave me so many butterflies and gushy feelings and that's
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Faker
  • In Five Years
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • We Met in December
  • Anyone
  • The Worst Best Man
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Tweet Cute
Abby Jimenez is a Food Network winner and USA Today best selling author with her hit debut novel The Friend Zone. She founded Nadia Cakes out of her home kitchen back in 2007. The bakery has since gone on to win numerous Food Network competitions and has amassed an international cult following. Abby's wry literary wit was spotlighted as the admin behind the hilarious viral comments on the now ...more