Start by marking “Stories of the Night” as Want to Read:
Stories of the Night

Stories of the Night

Alisen, a teenage girl, is routinely awakened by the same terrifying dream.

Kale is having the same nightmares.

Believing there must be a deeper meaning, Alisen and Kale delve into politics a
Published July 1st 2019 by Ambassador International

To ask other readers questions about Stories of the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories of the Night

Faith Lane
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Title: Stories of the NightAuthor: Lauren SmythPublisher: Ambassador InternationalRelease Date: July 1, 2019Genre: YA SuspenseAlisen, a teenage girl, is routinely awakened by the same terrifying dream.The nightmare gets more detailed and longer every night, but the terror remains the same. She tries to dismiss it as something she ate, or maybe a book she read, but then she meets Kale.Kale is having the same nightmares.Believing there must be a deeper meaning, Alisen and Kale delve into politics ...more
Suzie Waltner
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Stories of the Night is a YA read with several elements—suspense, action, Bible prophesy, military, and speculative/end times. And Lauren Smyth merges them all well into one cohesive plot.

While I enjoyed this story, I couldn’t help but wonder why neither Alisen nor Kale had any sense of at least déjà vu when the events of their dreams seem to be playing out. They mention their dreams at first but don’t try and work out what they were. Another question I have is why, after so much determ
Marisa
Jul 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Initial Reaction: This is a rough draft.

Stories of the Night by Lauren Smyth is about a young girl named Alisen, who's been suffering from nightmares. However these nightmares turn out to prophetic and Alisen as to figure how to use that to her advantage. This would have been a thrilling story had it not been for rough grammar and the obnoxious tone of the book.

Granted I did not finish this book because I could no longer force myself to do so. I found myself re-reading sections in order to under
Jane
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
It has been a while since I read an end-times book. Stories of the Night is an end times book for teens. There are many interesting parts to this book, not the least of which is the parallels to today’s society. Lauren Smyth has obviously done her research when it comes to the political climate and possible interpretations of Biblical end times prophecies. She doesn’t pull any punches when discussing the differences between the Democratic and Republican Parties.There will be those who read this ...more
Necee
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
What if every night you had the same terrifying dream that just kept building on itself? What if you were afraid to sleep because you didn’t know why you kept having the dream?

Alisen not only is experiencing this, but then runs into another boy in school who is having similar dreams. Then her whole world starts to change…She has a choice to make that can impact everything.

If you love supporting teen authors, you will love this book. It combines intrigue, end of times prophecy, and adventure into
Rose
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was unlike anything I have ever read and it was very good. This is one end-of-time novel that you won’t want to miss.
The characters and plot are phenomenal with the message shining through clearly.
All the details were well-researched and portrayed nicely.
I would recommend this to those who aren’t sensitive to violence in books. Lauren Smyth is an author that I plan on keeping an eye on.

Rating: 5 Stars
Content: 2 Stars

*i received a complementary copy of this book from the author.
Joy Burke
I just finished up this book! I have never read a book as intriguing as this one! I was captivated by the first chapter. Even though the author is a teenager, she really put a lot of thought into her book. Even though this book is fiction, it opens your eyes up to what is to come. If we aren't prepared to leave this world for our Heavenly home, we will be left behind. I look forward to what this author will write next. This is just my opinion and was not paid for this review.
Babymidori13
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Stories of the Night by Lauren Smyth. She is a teen author and Stories of the Night is her first novel.
It has been a long time since I’ve read an ‘End of Times’ book. The book is well written and detailed for Young Adults. Overall I give this book four stars.
I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of these book which I received from JustRead Tour. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
Emily Yager
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting End Time's book that has been written especially for teens. The story did a great job bring biblical truths out in a way for the up and coming crowd. Well written and engaging. You can tell that this book has been well researched. All the elements were molded together into the plot seamlessly.
Ambassador International