Start by marking “Nemesis (Alpha Unit One, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nemesis (Alpha Unit One, #2)

Nemesis

(Alpha Unit One #2)

Nicky Reed may have won the battle regarding baby shifters working as policemen, but he’s not so sure about the war. His mate and superior officer, Sam Black, is still overprotective with a capital O. As a result, Nicky sometimes finds himself repressing some of Tiny’s—his snow leopard cub other half’s—natural urges. Which leads to frustration on Nicky’s part.

With a new dr
ebook, 1st edition, 164 pages
Published August 16th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Nemesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nemesis

* A Reader Obsessed *
3 Stars

A consistent sequel that continues to expand on its original concept, so if you like shifter stories, if you like bonded mates all tied up with a law enforcement trope, then one should enjoy this.

Again, Alpha Unit One is faced with a new threat known as Nemesis, a drug that can have far reaching repercussions for both humans and shifters alike. Ever present is the extremist group that wants equal rights for both baby and small shifters by any means possible, and it’s no surprise to discov
Joyfully Jay
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Nemesis is the second book in Chris T. Kat’s Alpha Unit One series and continues the story of Nicky and Sam and their team. While you could probably jump in here, the background on the role of baby shifters and small animal shifters, as well as the start of the relationship between the men, comes in the first book so starting there may be a help. Just to catch up new folks, the premise here is that in addition to shifters who move between human and adult animal fo
meep
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, bbj
4 stars

Nemesis is the second book in the Alpha Unit One series by Chris T. Kat, starting right after the first book ends. Nicky and Sam are mated. But so is pretty much everyone in the unit. To each other. They are on the case of a new drug named Nemesis which is killing a lot of people, and making shifters lose control of their animal half, and attacking. While all this is going on Nicky is slowly getting used to everyone knowing about Tiny (his snow leopard cub half) and proving that despite
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Aug 26, 2019 marked it as 00-mm-fail-dnf-nope-will-not-read
If the cheesy cover isn't bad enough, I couldn't possibly take an author who purposefully chooses a pseudonym [because come on, this has GOT to be a pseudonym] like Chris T. Kat ... that when saying it out loud, "reads" as Christy Cat!! Dude, Christy Cat?!!? Seriously?!!? This smells like the maturity level of a typical pre-pubescent teenager ... not a MATURE teenager, but a soul trapped in the body of a teenager with the mind of a 4 year old!! Again ... seriously?!!?
We've seen it all! Next the
Avid Reader
Nemesis (Alpha Unit One #2) by Chris T. Kat
3 stars
M/M Shifter Romance
Triggers: Drugs, attempted kidnapping,
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

I did not read the previous book in this series. However, it never felt that I was truly missing things.

Nick is a baby shifter. He is also a newer member of the police squad. His mate is Sam. Sam is head of the division and despite their newer relationship, Nick feels fairly secure in his relationship. But, with the doubts and dou
Lisa
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, I hadn't realized there was another book out.
Nicky is so cute in cub form wanting just his milk and favorite red ball.
There isn't really alot of crime solving in the book more about the relationshipps between the team and their partners.
Hope book 3 comes soon.
Donna
3.5 STARS

This story was just as cute as the first book in the series as we once again get to hang out with Nicky, Sam and the rest of Alpha Unit One while they continue to deal with the troublesome EFSS – Equality For Small Shifters. And while I felt somewhat sorry for the EFSS in book one, in this book they showed their more deranged side, and I was quite happy to cheer for their downfall.

This book begins with Sam and Nicky already firmly in mated territory and I think what I liked most about t
Natosha Wilson
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like this series so far. It has been a good first two books. This is not your typical shifter series. This series includes what is considered baby shifters.... in other words instead of a full grown shifter like their human counterpart, whenthey do shift they shift into a baby shifter. There is a huge discrimination against a baby shifters in this series. So that and the drug that is out on the streets affecting those who take it is what this series is primarily about.

Nicky is what is consider
Kristin
Round up to 3.5.

These are brain candy books for me, something I turn to when I need to escape from everything for a while, where I don’t have to think, and I can just curl up and enjoy. I do recommend you read the first book as it sets the foundation for Nemesis.

I believe I noted in my review of Alpha Unit One, I was attracted to the variety of shifters. It’s not limited to our wolves and cats, but includes small critters, birds, and baby shifters. What a fun concept that when someone shifts, t
Christy
I remember when I finished book one in this series and I was hoping the author was going to continue this world, make it into a series, and have it resume to focus on Sam and Nicky. As much as I adored the worldbuilding and all of the characters that I met in ‘Alpha Unit One: New York’, I didn’t feel as if I really knew Sam and Nicky as well as I would’ve liked. So imagine my glee when I discovered the author was continuing the world and creating a series from it. I was so excited to read more a ...more
MariF
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like the unique premise of baby shifters and their plight to be treated as capable human beings instead of pretty ornaments. Though sometimes they can't help themselves to be playful when their animal takes over.
There were a few disjointed themes and an odd behavior from Nick who was a very capable detective until outed as baby shifter and some miscommunications toward Sam but overall it was a very good story that I've enjoyed.
I always like Chris T. Kat's writing and she did not disappoint her
Omen Firepaws
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baby Shifters!

Yet another good one for the baby shifters. Such a unique concept that I've seen no one else touch on or even bother to explore, it takes adorable to new heights. I was so excited to get my hands on this, i preordered it the moment i caught wind of it! I have a feeling it will become one of my treasured books, along with the original Alpha Unit 1: New York. Nikki is just far too cute to be forgotten.
Tj
The first book had a strange cute charm. This one went beyond strange and tripped into creepy.

The unit is working on a major drug case but little work is actually accomplished. It is Keystone Cops with fur. Nicky when in human form spends too much time pouting and reacting like a toddler. This is just too creepy when Sam is also in human form and presents as an adult.
Kati
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was great. More More!

I like baby shifters. The usual "adult" shifter books get boring after a while. It is really nice to get a brake and read about these cute shifters. It is a unique series.
Debra Guyette
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was fun reading about these two getting closer and still working out their life together. I hope there are more in this series.
Vilma
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must have more
Kathi
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved this book. This series is a different take on the typical shifter genre, and looks at things in a whole new way.
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t explain how happy I was when I saw this new release out. I wasn’t waiting for a new installment in the Alpha Unit One series and I was over the moon. I’m a big fan of the author, I often come back to her titles when I seek comfort in my readings. This series is no exception.

This time Nicky and Sam and their whole team are busy trying to catch who is behind a new drug that’s killing people on the streets and they will have to face some dangerous moments. While they are investigating, I wa
Beh-Naz
Aug 16, 2019
Amber
Sep 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Chris T. Kat lives in the middle of Europe, together with her husband of many years and their two children. She stumbled upon the M/M genre by luck and was swiftly drawn into it. She divides her time between work, her family—which includes chasing after escaping horses and lugging around huge instruments such as a harp—and writing. She enjoys a variety of genres, such as mystery/suspense, paranorm ...more

Alpha Unit One (2 books)
  • Alpha Unit One, New York (Alpha Unit One, #1)