Start by marking “Power of Eternity (Druid Duo Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Power of Eternity (Druid Duo Book 1)

Power of Eternity (Druid Duo Book 1)

In the year 1000, an ancient warrior Druid is punished for his arrogance and insubordination. His punishment: He will one day be compelled to save a life at the cost of giving up part of his power. Over a thousand years later, he will discover the true meaning of immortality.

Abby Weber and her best friend Phoebe arrive in Ireland, ready for their dream vacation
Published July 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Power of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power of Eternity

Start your review of Power of Eternity (Druid Duo Book 1)
Jilly
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, urban-fantasy
Well well.... would you look at this quote from the "acknowledgements" in the back of the book:

Thank you to Jilly, my first ever beta reader, who sparked so many amazing ideas for this story and were it not for you, there’d be no ‘Sassie Lassies’.

That's right, I was involved. You're welcome!

So the deal is that this book is about two American girls who go to Ireland to meet hot guys.
Sure, maybe thatbook:
Thank
Carvanz
4.5 Stars

Oh my gosh! This was such an amazing read! Filled with so much fun, thrills, mysteries and charm, I fell totally in love with every single character…well, except the bad guy.

description

When Abby and her best friend Phoebe finally take the splurge and travel to Ireland, they’re expecting sight-seeing, castles and lots of pubs. And they get that. They also get just about every mystical being ever created along the way. But when a scary other worldly dude wants Abby as a sacrifice, they’re going to need mo
Connie Lafortune
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a nutshell, Abby and Phoebe get a little bit more than they bargained for when they decided to take their dream vacation in Ireland. . . Druids and Leprechauns and a Dullahan . . . Oh my!

The Power of Eternity is a fun, action-packed fantasy that had me belly laughing one minute and gripping my seat the next! The twists and turns kept me glued to the pages in anticipation of what was going to happen next. And now, I can't wait for Druid Duo Book 2!

It was a magical debut novel by C
Sonja
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks
I had pretty high hopes for this book. After all of the great reviews I expected to be loving every minute of this thing and laughing all the time. Well, I wasn't. It was good, don't get me wrong. But I don't see myself ever wanting to read it again and I am not chomping at the bit for the next book.

What actually is kind of funny about reading this book now is that me and my best friend will be going to Ireland in a couple weeks as one of our stops on a European vacation. And these two characte
Irene Sim
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm sorry Jilly but I didn't like this book.

Apart from some funny quotes (and I'm guessing you had a lot to do about those) the story seems urealistic and fragmented. I didn't feel the connection between the main characters (didn't even like them to be honest) and the whole plot felt like someone just put a bunch of folklore into a modern story...
Claire Eaudesources
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A magical read! In all aspects: story, characters and style.

This book made me fall in love with Irish culture. All characters are relatable and believable, even the mythical creatures! The author’s retelling of Abby and Phoebe’s journey is smooth and grabs the reader’s attention instantly. The pace is quick, and I felt I was the one hopping in a plane, visiting Ireland and discovering its secrets.
What I loved the most is the natural evolution of all relationships: nothing seem
Meghan Lloyd
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always love a good celtic romance, and this one was one of the more exciting reads of the genre I have read this year! It not only incorporated druids, but you also have ancient gods and leprechauns, mythological creatures and power beyond your imagination. It makes me want to go to Ireland, because I am certain to feel the magic in the air upon my arrival. Carly Spade has brought mythology and fantastical romance to life in this first book in a duology, and I eagerly await the second book. ...more
Sara
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Power of Eternity is a fantastic journey into Irish culture and folklore that left me wanting to board the next plane to Ireland to immerse myself in the vivid settings Carly describes. A slow-burn romance with a sexy, immortal warrior, an unlikely band of characters from Celtic mythology, and plenty of magic and surprises kept me turning the pages, eager to see how the strong-willed and resilient Abby would conquer the challenges thrown her way. She's brave and genuine, and her adventures with ...more
M.J. Bavis
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yeah, baby! Bring on an ancient, arrogant Druid reformed in his ways. Add a dollop of magic, folklore and a heroine who is resilient yet delightfully un-annoying. Give me the Power of Eternity.

I'd been looking for a good fantasy romance for a while so this book was a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I loved the characters—Erimon was delish with a side of yum and Abby had sense (and sensibility). I quite liked Phoebe and Patrick too, which rarely happens with me and secondary char
Demri R
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A new favorite book of mine!! An epic, magical, beautiful world with relatable, fantastic characters. I LOVE Irish history, mythology, & culture. Power of Eternity brought all of those components into a genius creation. Page-turning suspense, relationships that make you swoon, and magical adventures are a few of my favorite aspects. I'm hooked! I am so excited for book 2! A must read for fans of fantasy, adventure, and (irish) culture and really all readers in general!!
QueenOfBooks88
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am speechless... This is the first genre of book I've ever read and i was really sceptical about reading it. I took a chance and i am so glad i did. This book was not what i was expecting it to be but so much more, it was beautifully written and i fell completely in love with the story, from Abby & Phobe, Erimon and everyone between, i was captivated and at one point shed a tear! I am beyond excited to read the next part to this incredible story ❤
Jenny Mcniven
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes, I loved this book!

This was such a pleasure to read, and man do I wish I could start the sequel right now. You are going to love the characters, fall for a certain Druid, and get swept up in the mythology that permeates this exciting story. A really powerful debut for Carly Spade, I am definitely recommending this to my friends!
Caitlyn Doyle
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for book 2!

Different from most romance novels but I loved it. I felt like I was there with the characters and can't wait to read what happens next. Will Erimon and Abby ever be together? Does Mave actually get married? What powers does Abby have? Can the Dullahan really be defeated? So many questions...Looking forward to more from this author.
Krista Harper
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Power of Eternity was a great read!! Druids, Leprechauns, foreign travel, enemy to lovers... this book had it all. I was laughing one minute and yelling at the characters the next. Such a fun story!!
Carol
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5
Smut Report
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Review also available at The Smut Report.

Heat Factor: Nothing particularly outlandish or unexpected

Character Chemistry: not so much

Plot: Delightfully out there with every Irish myth in the mix

Overall: So many mixed feelings

When Holly told me about this book, I thought, “1000-year-old immortal Druid with magic powers?! Sign me up!” That’s really all it took for me, but let’s take a closer look at the story.

Abby and her best friend Phoebe are Americans on vacation in Ireland. Phoebe is excited about getting in touch with her Irish roots. At the airport they meet Patrick, anmix
:much
:unexpected
CharacterReport.
Heat
Jillian James
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! This was my first from Carly Spade and it wont be my last. I loved the mythology and the beautiful setting. I thought the Heroine was funny and endearing! I am a sucker for enemies to lovers so I really loved that aspect of this story as well. Super cute!
Tina
is currently reading it
Raine
Kris
Jun 30, 2019

• Swim Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #1)
  • War of Hearts
  • The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
  • The Warlock's Kiss
  • Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, #1)
  • The Widow of Rose House
  • Racing Hearts (Bennett Boys Ranch, #3)
  • Call Her Mine (Harmony Pointe, #1)
  • The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • Claiming Sarah (Ace Security, #5)
  • Home Game (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #2)
  • Marrying the Football Billionaire (Marrying the Celebrity Billionaire Book 1)
  • How to Love a Duke in Ten Days (Devil You Know, #1)
  • Life Support (American Heroes)
  • Puck Me Secretly (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #1)
  • Fae King (The Crystal Kingdom, #1)
  • Sharp Change (Black Meadow Pack, #1)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
An adult romance writer who has been writing since she could pick up a pencil. After the insanity of obtaining a bachelor’s and master’s degree in cybersecurity, creating worlds to escape to still ate at her very soul. She started writing FanFiction (which can still be found if you scour the internet 😉 ), and soon felt the need to get her original ideas on paper. And so the adventure began.