Start by marking “A Perfect Deception (Wiltshire Chronicles Book 3)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Deception (Wiltshire Chronicles Book 3)

A Perfect Deception

(Wiltshire Chronicles #3)

Disowned by her mother and suffering from unrequited love, a dismayed wallflower steps out of the shadows and into the path of a vindictive killer…

Through a chance introduction, Miss Daphne Clemens finds herself thrust into a dangerous situation, sequestered on a country estate with the one man she wants, but cannot have: Mr. Thomas Reid.

Following the abrupt termination of his engagement, ThReid.

Published September 23rd 2019 by Alyssa Drake Novels

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Deception

Start your review of A Perfect Deception (Wiltshire Chronicles Book 3)
ItaPixie
Shelves: 5-stars

I have waited a little longer for this third installment to be released but as soon as I started to read it I was back in the Wiltshire, it was just as though not a single day had gone by.

A Perfect Deception should be read after the previous books in this series because even if the main characters are not Benjamin and Samantha there are still some mysteries to solve linked to their story.
Daphne and Thomas relationship is so sweet and it was such a pleasure to follow the growth

Lori D
Can I just say hold on because this story definitely took me by surprise from the first page that had my heart clinching. Oh my gosh! A murderer who is so heinous it is unbelievable.
A story with all the elements of a romantic suspense with mystery, murder, mayhem, throw in a little humor and a surprising passionate entanglement and I could not stop reading until I turned the last page.
Thomas had been jilted by Alana, a girl he had asked to marry him when she was offered money to leav
Greta Barnhouse
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues, but Samantha and Benjamin take a back seat in this book to Ben’s brother, Thomas, and his love life. His past was Alana. His present is Miss Randall and Daphne, which one will be his future? He does not want to be married but his Mother and Aunt are looking to make a match.
Meanwhile, Franklin is still on the loose slaying people so he can get what he wants and he has an unknown accomplice.
I enjoyed finding out the answers to many questions that arose over the first 3 b
Carole Burant
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now that's what I call a story with lots going on! I'm also happy to see that I'm not the only klutz that trips over her own feet....like Daphne! lol I have read books 1 and 2 of the Wiltshire Chronicles and couldn't wait for book 3 to come out. Alyssa Drake did not disappoint, this one is just as exciting as the other two.

This is Daphne and Thomas's story and it's filled with mystery, murder, suspense, humor and heated passion. This author knows how to keep your attention, I had a hard time pu
Lail
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Deception (Book 3 of The Wiltshire Chronicles) by Alyssa Drake
Encore! Encore! My new favorite book of this series! This is a fast pace historical mystery thriller romance had me rooted reading like crazy. It’s action packed to the hilt with multiple plot twist and turns and is all encompassing. I loved the witty and impossibly charming characters. The women were notoriously stubborn and tenacious in finding the most improper ways to adventure and trouble. The storyline follows a truly
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, historical, mystery
Darker than Your Typical Historical Romantic Mystery

I read a fair amount of historical romantic suspense and mystery, but this story is definitely a cut different from most. Most of the romantic historical mysteries I have read have been ones in which the suspense or mystery is rather light. Yes, it adds interest to the story and keeps the pages turning, but the main thrust is the romance and how the suspense affects that. This book is completely different, as the evil in this book i
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Superb tale of romance, mystery & suspense

This was a wonderful return to Alyssa Drake's Wiltshire Chronicles. A PERFECT DECEPTION focuses on Thomas Reid and Daphne Clemens. Thomas is the brother of Benjamin, the hero of the two previous novels. Daphne, living under the guardianship of Thomas' aunt, is a young woman who believes that she is destined for spinsterhood. Thomas has declared that he doesn't want to get married, not after a the pain caused from an engagement that was broken a few years earlier.
Deb O
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a book by this author and it was amazing! The plot and character building were amazing. There's danger, drama, suspense, intrigue, mystery, murder and the romance amidst the danger make it awesome. It's Thomas and Daphne's story and their humor and passion made it such a great story, I can't wait to read more!!! It's a definite must read for any fan so grab your copy and see if they get their HEA!!!!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and
Sandy
Outstanding book.
This is a continuing of the Wiltshire Chronicles. This book is so good just reading the prologue will pique your interest. This series gets better with each new book. This is Daphne and Thomas's story there is so much danger and mystery with murder playing a role too. There is heat too and that makes this book a grand read. I highly recommend this book it can be read as a stand-alone, but you may want to read the other books before it first. I did receive a free copy of th
Clarice
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loaded with danger. I think that’s a good way to describe this book. Just when I didn’t think things could get worse due to Franklin’s presence, I am proved completely wrong. Holy cow. There are some rough parts to the story and the author writes them well enough that you can almost feel the hairs on your neck rising with each new dangerous situation. What happens to some of the characters is horrible and Franklin is a very bad man. But some of the secrets revealed at the end are pretty stinkin ...more
Jayne Butcher
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third story in this series....and may take the reader a few minutes to get the lay of the land and who is who....but stick with it, because this is a romantic thriller. Daphne is adorable and clumsily finds herself in all kinds of situations, which she takes politely in stride. Thomas is every woman’s dream. This is a fast paced story that you won’t want to miss

Barbara
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book three in the Wiltshire Chronicles series a well written story. This is Daphne Clemens and Thomas Reid's it kept me turning pages I had to know what was going to happen. There is suspense, drama, danger, murder, one very evil villain, and hot romance. I hope there is going to be more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Natasha Carrere
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
What a whirlwind of emotions with this book! Alyssa Drake doesn’t disappoint with the conclusion of this series. So much happens and I was completely surprised with the twist she throws in at the end.

I loved that Daphne got her happily ever after following her story throughout the series. Alyssa Drake keeps you turning the page in the wonderful historical romance. I love forward to her next book!
Lori
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good historical romantic suspense. I liked how the author was able to write such a good story. The characters and the scenes were done quite well.

Pam
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all...love, danger, suspense, and a klutz ;). The author does an amazing job of pulling you in and keeps you turning the pages. So excited for the next book!
ellieisuhmabookworm

Oct 17, 2019
Angela
Oct 01, 2019
Alyssa Drake
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kristee
Sharon J Neumann
B. Bucher
Diana Alamos
Sep 29, 2019

• Highlander's Touch (The Fae #3)
  • Wicked in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 1)
  • Earl of Kinross (Wicked Earls' Club Book 14)
  • The Red Hot Earl (Love is All Around #1)
  • The Scot (Order of the Broken Blade, #3)
  • The Perfect Spinster (The Not So Saintly Sisters Book 2)
  • The Tree of Time (Called by a Viking, #5)
  • Shameless Duke (League of Dukes #4)
  • Bewitching the Forbidden Duke
  • The Pirate's Bluestocking: Pirates of Britannia Connected World
  • Earl of Dryden (Chronicles of a Bluestocking, #1)
  • A Foolish Wager (The Spinsters Guild, #4)
  • Royal Romance (A Man Who Knows What He Wants #38)
  • The Banished Highlander: A Scottish Historical Romance
  • The Mercenary (Order of the Broken Blade, #2)
  • The Secret Pleasures of an Earl (The Valiant Love Regency Romance) (A Historical Romance Book)
  • The Minx Who Met Her Match (The Brethren Book 4)
  • Miss Fortune's First Kiss (Fortunes of Fate Book 9)
USA Today Bestselling Author Alyssa Drake has been creating stories since she could hold a crayon, preferring to construct her own bedtime tales instead of reading the titles in her bookshelves. A multi-genre author, Alyssa currently writes Historical romance, Paranormal romance, Contemporary romance, and Cozy mystery. She thoroughly enjoys strong heroines and often laughs aloud when imagining con ...more

Wiltshire Chronicles (3 books)
  • A Perfect Plan (Wiltshire Chronicles #1)
  • An Imperfect Engagement (Wiltshire Chronicles #2)