Start by marking “Rézkirályság (Dévábád-trilógia #2)” as Want to Read:
Rézkirályság (Dévábád-trilógia #2)

Rézkirályság

(The Daevabad Trilogy #2)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  10,950 ratings  ·  1,663 reviews
S. A. Chakraborty folytatja a Bronzvárosban megkezdett elsöprő kalandot. Megteremt egy olyan világot, ahol a dzsinnek egyetlen csettintéssel lángokat idéznek, a vizeket pedig áthatja az ősi mágia; ahol a vér ugyanolyan veszélyes lehet, mint bármelyik bűbáj, és egy eszes kairói szélhámos átformálja egy királyság sorsát.

Nahri élete mindörökre megváltozott abban a
Published 2019 by Agave Könyvek

To ask other readers questions about Rézkirályság, please sign up.
S.A. Chakraborty Thanks for your question! The Daevabad Trilogy is adult fantasy. I think there's plenty of cross-over appeal for YA readers, particularly in The City…moreThanks for your question! The Daevabad Trilogy is adult fantasy. I think there's plenty of cross-over appeal for YA readers, particularly in The City of Brass, but the main characters are in their twenties.

As a heads up, there is more violence, including a few fairly grim scenes, in The Kingdom of Copper that might not be appropriate for young teens, but I think readers know best what kind of material they want to consume.(less)
Sara I would say the second book ends on a significant cliffhanger. While a few things are "resolved," at least one important character's whereabouts and…moreI would say the second book ends on a significant cliffhanger. While a few things are "resolved," at least one important character's whereabouts and well-being are left unknown. The story ends in the midst of a lot of destruction without waiting for the dust to settle, so to speak. I am definitely waiting hungrily for Book Three!(less)

·  10,950 ratings  ·  1,663 reviews

Start your review of Rézkirályság (Dévábád-trilógia #2)
Melanie

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

1.) The City of Brass ★★★★★

“It is time we get some vengeance for what they have done.”

Friends, this was such a phenomenal installment that was such a treat to read. This is an own voices Muslim Fantasy series, and a historical setting of the early 1800s, which barely touches upon the Ottoman Empire. And The Kingdom of Copper picks up five years after the events of The City of Brass

This is a story about djinn, and magical cities, and people being able to ha★★★★★
Will Byrnes
Can you ever make a new world that properly addresses the wounds of the past? - from Lightspeed interview
The Kingdom of Copper is the second in S.A. Chakraborty’s Daevabad Trilogy, and it must be trying harder, as the first was amazing and this one is at least as good. I suppose you might pick this book up and have an entirely fine time reading it, but I would not advise it. If you have not read the first one, The City of Brass, jump on your flying carpet and dash off to your local bookstore. (Oh, and could you pick up sominterviewThe
Aimal (Bookshelves & Paperbacks)

Please note this review contains spoilers for the first book in the series.

A big thank you to Harper Voyager for sending me a copy for review!

The sequel to S. A. Chakraborty’s magnificent The City of Brass largely takes place five years after the events of the first book. There’s a prologue at the beginning, detailing the immediate aftermath for each of our three main characters. However, the major bulk of the novel takes place several years after Darayavahoush’s ‘death,’ Alizaydi al Qahtani’s possession by the maridseries.
A
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
$2.99 Kindle sale, July 13, 2019. 4.5 stars! Excellent sequel to The City of Brass. I liked it even better than the first book, but you do need to read The City of Brass before this one.

Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

The Kingdom of Copper, the second book in S.A. Chakraborty’s DAEVABAD TRILOGY, picks up soon after the ending of the first book, The City of Brass. Alizayd (Ali) al Qahtani, younger son of Ghassan, the king of Daevabad, has been exiled and is fair game for assassins. He's rescued by a raiding p/>The
Angelica
me coming to the realization that I'll have to wait a whole year to know what happens next:

Seriously though! How date this book end like that? Who does it think it is? What right does it have to leave me hanging on that cliff all by myself?!?!?!

On a more composed and serious note, this book was so many times better than its predecessor, The City of Brass, in so many fantastic ways.

I read The City of Brass in February and while I had some problems with it, I actmyself?!?!?!
On
Kilikina
3.5 stars.

The Kingdom of Copper was my most anticipated book of 2019, hands down. Ever since I finished The City of Brass, I couldn’t wait to read this sequel. I was counting down the days; my anticipation for this was so high. I am so upset that I didn’t love this more... :(

The second half, more specifically the last 30% or so, was really the redeeming part of this. I really, really struggled to get through this. That’s something I NEVER anticipated.
I feel like everything I adored in The Cit
Roshani Chokshi
Chakraborty's debut, CITY OF BRASS, was one of my top 10 reads of the year. Kingdom of Copper is without a doubt in my top 5 of 2019. Sprawling and opulent, the world of Daevabad and it's fascinating magical intrigue soars to new heights in this sequel. I continue to cheer for Nahri. Dahra is conflicted and broody as ever, and Ali...Oh Ali. He is my heart. I just want him to be happy *weeps*. Chakraborty pulls every emotional string with this sequel. At its heart, it is a story of family and the ...more
Deborah Obida
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, fantasy
This is ten times better than book one. I really enjoyed reading this book, it was hard for me to put down, the writing and characters were more matured than the first book.

This book has a five year time jump, I didn't mind much, it made it easier to understand lots of things. The beginning was quite slow but things picked up later. The fight scenes were perfectly depicted.

World building and Writing
There is a major improvement in the world building department, its way better than th/>World
Clemlucian (🏳️‍🌈the villain's quest)
Instagram | youtube

4/5 shook Stars

Instagram | blog

description

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR TO READ THE SEQUEL?!

RTC.
Travel.with.a.book
S. A. Chakraborty didn't disappoint us again, she's a freaking professional writer, her World she has created is magnificent and we've never read such a well written structure within a book! She really keeps enchanting us with her very beautiful stories, original and interesting topics!
The whole concept of the book is intense and while reading this will be very stressful and intriguing, but in a kind of way you'll love it!
The book is told from three different point of views, Nahri,
Adah Udechukwu
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Kingdom of Copper is undoubtedly the best novel I have read this year. The novel is rich in details, politics, religion, culture........ everything.
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
CW: Violence, murder, excessive drinking/alcoholism, mention of self-harm, death of a few side characters, mass murder, segregation, racism, gore.

*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange of an honest review*

Full review originally posted on my blog: Word Wonders

Question: What do you do when you read your most anticipated book ever and it turns out to be your favourite book ever?
Answer: You cry. You just cry and cry and cry.
Seriously , it’s almost been a month since I/>*I
Kaitlin
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one and I am super glad that I have audiobooked both of these as I think the narrator gives a more immersive look at the Egyptian-inspired culture of this world. This is a sequel so I cannot say too much about the plot, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the direction this book took, and although I have some small quibbles with some of the ways that the author acted, I think it's a whole lot of fun to read through too.

Nahri is our main character throughout the series
Vishnu Chevli
I have heard a lot about "The City of Brass" and I also knew about the release of the sequel "Kingdom of Copper". But I was not aware that the review copy of the same will reach to us. I would like to thank Harper Collins India for the same. Frankly speaking, I had my reservations for this book, when I was offered a review copy in exchange for an honest review. There were two reasons for my reservations
1) I haven't read the first part. Many reviewers recommended to read it.
2) I have
Nastassja

**This review now posted on my blog**

May I present you my first disappointment of 2019!

I don't know how but everything went wrong in this book. When I first read The City of Brass I was enchanted by its magical atmosphere and characters who swept me away into the world of djinn, flying carpets, giant water serpents and enormous talking birds. I loved everything about that world! I had zero doubt The Kingdom of Copper would deliver the same level of grandeur and will, once more, sweep me off my feet. At the end of the

Kristen Burns
4.5 Stars

Review:
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher. This has not influenced my review.*

It is such a treat to find books that are this detailed and nuanced and feel so real. The writing, the characters, the story, the world building, it all came together so perfectly and was so well done that it felt like I was reading about real people. This was one of those books that legitimately made me forget I was reading. I was just there, fully immersed in the story.

Much li/>
Brenda Waworga
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLYHELL!!

City Of Brass was one of my fav book on 2017, ive waited 1 year and 2 months to be able to read this and maaaaan... it was worthy!! It was woooow so intense and so amazing and so stressful too at the same time!!

The writing style was so enjoyable, love it from page 1 until page 609! i still cant believe this series was a debut from the author, the plot was such a masterpiece and well crafted!

Love all the 3 POVs here and i must said i never been so conflicted to choose side
♚ ember
Jan 24, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I would, like, 600% sell my soul to an ifrit to have this book in my hands right now. where are magic lamps when you need them?
Raquel Flockhart
“You don’t stop fighting a war just because you’re losing battles, Alizayd. You change tactis.”

S.A. Chakraborty has done it again. She has created another masterpiece. I knew she was able to create an unique and impressive story because she had already done that in The City of Brass, but she has left me speechless once again with The Kingdom of Copper. I truly believe Chakraborty has taken the fantasy genre to a whole new level with this own voices Muslim trilogy set in Cairo in the 18th century.

The Kingdom

Ruby
2/27/19 UPDATE

ALL THAT WAITING AND I HAVE TO SAY, IT WAS WORTH IT!

I'll make sure to add a review later, but at first glance this book takes everything that was so amazing about the first book and MAKES IT BETTER. What really blew me away about the first book was the complex characters and the dynamics between them, and let me tell you, S.A. CHAKRABORTY DID IT AGAIN! Every character is such a profound mix of good, bad, and everything in-between, and their motivations, emotions, and struggles all struck me as gen
Ash
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not to be dramatic, but The Daevabad Trilogy might just be my new all-time favorite book series. The Kingdom of Copper is a worthy successor to The City of Brass in every conceivable way. It took me longer to get through than I expected, but I blame that on my current, distracting life circumstances and not the book itself.

The City of Brass alternated between Nahri and Ali’s perspectives, and The Kingdom of Copper adds Dara’s perspective to the mix. Given that those three are my favorite characters in the series, I w/>The
Merline
Shannon put her whole foot in this book. Do yourself a favor and treat yo self to this book and these characters and this world. Pre-order this. I need time to write a full review because I'm so emotional right now. my heart is full, but I'm emotional. ahhhhh. I need book 3. I don't know how I'll survive the wait.

Update: The long-awaited full review is below.

I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I was fortunate enough to read an early copy of my most anticipated boobelow.
Beatrice in Bookland
“It is time we get some vengeance for what they have done.”

1. The city of brass ★★★★★

4.5

I'm legit still thinking about this book and I finished it days ago. Damn. What a book.
But let's start with the actual review.

I had very high expectations for The kingdom of copper - being The city of brass one of my favorite books - and let me tell you: S. A. Chakraborty did not disappoint.

Her writing style keeps being enchanting and rich but never heavy. She/>
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
6 dazzling stars

Warning: don’t read this review if you haven’t read The City of Brass or you’ll be spoiled.

I HATE Manizheh;

I HATE Ghassan;

I HATE what has been done to Dara and how he turned out;

I HATED Muntadhir most of the time (some redemption by the end);

I HATE that I need the third book NOW and that I don’t know how I will manage!

I already know that I will be hyper jealous of all US bloggers able to snatch an ARC (yes yes I know jealousy is a sin but I don’t care)

I ADORE this series with a passion that knows no boundaries.

But it HURTS!

I don’t kn
Mike
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot of sequels in trilogies suffer form what I call "Secondbookitis". This is mostly due to the author setting up for some grand clash or climax in the third book and using the second book to just position characters where they need to be. As you can imagine that leaves the second book without much to do but wait around until the third book starts. Trilogies overall can be excellent but often the second book is the weak link.

I am happy to report that The Kingdom of Copper has, in my opin
Trina (Between Chapters)
I felt so intimidated to pick this up, and I did think things meandered a bit, but the end of these books always suck me in! I wish I could dive in to book 3 right away.

Audiobook: Great narration, would recommend.

tw: war/violence, racism (fantasy races), poison, forced marriage
Christine Manzari
This series has lush writing, a magical world, and beautifully flawed characters. Absolutely amazing and addictive. I can’t believe I waited so long to read this series. What I love most about this is how everyone is an antihero...they want to do what is right but continually just FUBAR the hell out of their world. I find myself cheering for all of them even when their goals go against each other. It’s an incredible story that makes you cheer for both sides....or in this case...multiple sides. I ...more
Hafsah
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ummm WHAT was that ending??!! Chakraborty you're crueler than I could've imagined; to lead me on for 600 pages and then end with a cliffhanger is totally not ok. *Sigh* I suppose this pain is self-inflicted since I was fully aware I'd have to wait a year for the final installment.

But I'd do it again in a heartbeat because boyy was this book good.

It's a stunning mix of equally breath-taking (sometimes literally) and dangerous magic, and politics (i.e. scheming, revolution and more sc/>
Carlos
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't with these characters...they always get into more trouble ...this is not a calm book. You will despair, you will yell and you will wish this book to be over but at the same time wish you have the next installment now!!!
Caylynn Bleess
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
”Are you ready?” Nahri asked when she and Muntadhir were alone.

He laughed as he strapped a wicked-looking sword to his waist. “Not in the slightest. You?”

“God, no.” Nahri grabbed another needle-sharp dagger and flipped it into her sleeve. “Let’s go die.”

I am absolutely fucking speechless right now. Very rarely in my life have I ever enjoyed the sequel of something more than its predecessor. Captain America: Winter Soldier, Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth, Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods, Toy Sto
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page number 2 32 Jan 29, 2019 04:49AM

• Empire of Sand (The Books of Ambha, #1)
  • The Priory of the Orange Tree
  • The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3)
  • Gods of Jade and Shadow
  • The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War, #2)
  • The Raven Tower
  • The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Bird King
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • Foundryside (Founders, #1)
  • Jade War (The Green Bone Saga, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • Storm of Locusts (The Sixth World, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • The Ruin of Kings (A Chorus of Dragons, #1)
S. A. Chakraborty is a speculative fiction writer from New York City. Her debut, The City of Brass, was the first book in The Daevabad Trilogy and has been short-listed for the Locus, British Fantasy and World Fantasy awards. When not buried in books about Mughal miniatures and Abbasid political intrigue, she enjoys hiking, knitting, and recreating unnecessarily complicated medieval meals for her ...more

The Daevabad Trilogy (3 books)
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
  • The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)
“You don't stop fighting a war just because you're losing battles.” 9 likes