Start by marking “Keena Ford and the Field Trip Mix-Up” as Want to Read:
Keena Ford and the Field Trip Mix-Up

Keena Ford and the Field Trip Mix-Up

(Keena Ford #2)

Keena Ford doesn't mean to get in trouble. In fact, she is very excited to go on a field trip to the United States Capitol with her second-grade class. At school, she is running for a spot on the student council, and on the field trip she's going to meet a real live US Representative. She's trying to be on her best behavior. It's just that mean Tiffany Harris keeps teasing ...more
Published July 9th 2009 by Dial Books (first published June 5th 2009)

Tiffany Mack
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is cute little book for little girls to read. My daughter picked this book up and I wanted to enjoy it with her so I checked out a copy as well. I like how the story goes and it shows that even though you may be a little girl who seems to have bad days there is always a positive lesson to be learned. Also, it shows that even when someone is bullying you you don't have to go out of your way to be different, just stand firm and ignore them.
Abby Johnson
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Keena Ford is a spirited little girl with the best of intentions, but sometimes things get a little mixed up for her. Elected as an alternate for her school's student council, Keena is super excited for their class field trip to the United States Capitol... but then things start to get a little mixed up. Will it be the best field trip ever? Well, it'll certainly be one that Keena will always remember...

Hand Keena to your fans of Clementine, Junie B., and others in that spunky girl ilk. This is a
Gianni Llano
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keena Ford experience at the United States Capitol isn't at all what she expected. She experiences things no one would image or bare to experience. But she pulled through and learned her lesson!
Tatiana
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
You will surely never be BORED while reading Keena FORD!

Keena is back to her antics in this installment. The second-grader is starting a new journal, running for student council, and going on a big field trip to the U.S. Capitol. Needless to say, things do not go as planned. What I admire about Keena is that her intentions are good, and her perspective on right/wrong is authentic for her age. The adults in her life hold her accountable and help her learn.

I would recommend this series for grade
Susannah Goldstein
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
3.5. Super super cute. This particular installment had a section that was an info dump and was a little difficult to imagine a 2nd grader following, but it was funny and realistic and relatable.
Katy
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vocabulary in this is really good. Story is a little high anxiety for small stakes.
Stephanie (R-A)
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Very good for kindergarten through third grade kids. I really enjoyed the voice Keena has through the books. It was very fun to read, educational and my daughter really loved it.
AMY
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Gr. 2-3
This journal-style story is about a second grade girl named Keena. She wants to run for student council. I read 24 pages. It was ok but nothing all the exciting. I think kids would read it but so far it's just ok. I had a friend recommend it and said her kids loved it at her school. I am on the fence with this one...
Johnny
This is a totally charming book about young Keena Ford, an elementary school student on a field trip to the US Capitol. Bad luck seems to follow Keena everywhere, and Keena's first person narration provides a disarmingly innocent perspective on every mishap. The book too provides a sweet atypical family unit too; Keena is an African American girl whose parents do not live together. These elements are so nonchalantly woven in to the text that it is precisely the type of thing that young children ...more
Cayce
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
According to my son, a second grader: "It was a good book because I liked how Keena found ways to get out of trouble. She was nice and she was sorry when she did something wrong. I liked the setting because I've never been to the Capitol. I could read this book to my baby brother."
Gracie
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a great elementary school book because it introduces students to quotations, exaggeration, and diary entries. I also enjoyed how it had pictures every once in a while. I liked the story and how it accurately depicted a second grader.
Tanja
Jun 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Keena Ford books have been very popular with our second and third grade girls for some time - now I know why. Very enjoyable to read and I can just see how young readers relate to Keena's troubles and little disasters. I will keep on ordering new titles in the series as they get published.
Bonita Wise
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lashay-has-read
I really enjoyed this book because Keena Ford reminds me of myself.we are both in the second grade.she has run across a bully just like me.my favorite part was when she Knocked over representative Thomas !!! That was funny.
Emory
Mar 22, 2011 added it
I loved this one!
Tali Balas
Funny, realistic story told through Keena's journal. Great for first or second graders who love Junie b. Jones or Heidi Hecklebeck.
Erin
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I really, really like this series. Keena is a fantastic and relatable main character. Great for beginning readers!
Lisa
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book nearly as much as the first one, but my students were still laughing out loud at Keena's antics.
Ofilia
Jun 22, 2010 rated it liked it
In the vein of Ramona or Clementine we now have Keena Ford that keeps things lively. She is smart, fun and always inadverntently causing trouble. Cute fun read.
Amy Chesman
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story about a sweet second grade girl, who has many mishaps that most kids her age can relate to. It is a good selection for second or third grade readers.
K.
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 100-books-kids
This book was hilarious with a few serious moments. We love the Keena Ford series.
Illeyana
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keena definitely has the best intentions at heart but things usually don't go as plan. This book was really funny!
Ashely
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is very good it is very intersting to me
B
The second book about DC girl, Keena Ford, an African American Junie B. Jones kind of girl. This time her class goes on a field trip to visit a congressional rep. Fun.
Emily
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter, diversity
Realistic fiction about a 2nd grader dealing with things that our kids can all relate to - extreme hair disasters, never getting the spot you want in line, and plenty more.
Jill
Feb 26, 2018
Lauren Gemske
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Melissa Thomson is the author of the KEENA FORD series (Dial) and TITO THE BONECRUSHER (FSG, 2017), as well as ALONE ON THE ICE, a short story about a child who must survive on an ice floe with only a friendly polar bear to protect him. It was written when she was in third grade and won last place in the school district writing contest. If anyone would like to publish it, please contact her.

When