Start by marking “Project Dream” as Want to Read:
Project Dream

Project Dream

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  12 reviews
What happened to the kids in the desert?

In 2002, the CIA forced several teenagers out of detention centers and into a National Security Test Program called Project Dream. Teens selected had two characteristics: physical superiority and a sixth sense.

When the awkward, unpopular, and destitute Izzy Jimenez is caught stealing clothes, authorities enroll her in th
ebook
Published August 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Project Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Dream

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Project Dream
Sharon M.
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since reading Dream Wide Awake I've been eagerly waiting to hear the backstory of the Project Dream kids. What actually happened with them out in the desert when they were young. This did not disappoint. I sure hope the author is going to continue the series, because I want to know more about these characters I've come to care about. I love the writer's style of writing and making her characters "real". You do not have to read Dream Wide Awake first to enjoy this book, it stands on its own ...more
Laura Lewis
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A highly enjoyable read --engaging and creative. Great character development.
I wasn't ready for the book to end!
Elizabeth McDaniel
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good paranormal story with a twisted undercurrent in it. The lives of the teens pull you in and you want to know all of their story and if they ever will go home.

Rebecca
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read! I was completely engaged the entire time. I cant wait for more from C.J. Zahner !
Deborah Masterson
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author never fails. Her characters are all so different but still have one secret in common. I just loved this book and hope she keeps them coming. My new favorite author! Her books keep you guessing.
janet vieyra
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So glad to get the backstory of Dream Wide Awake. In Project Dream, we learn about the genesis of the "Dreamers". And now, I want to know even more. Where do their talents take them ? Is there a next generation of Dreamers? What happened to the Project? CJ again leaves us wanting more.Another "hard to put down" novel!
Vanessa
Although normally books falling into the "paranormal" genre aren't right up my alley, I liked this one quite a lot. Thanks also to Netgalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review. Due to them I get the opportunity to read books that - as said - aren't my go-to genre and that I probably wouldn't have purchased myself.

The plot: The US government selects children all over the US that are specially gifted, one might say. Specially gifted refers to them not only having i
Pat Eroh
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful paranormal prequel to an awesome book - Dream Wide Awake. This provides a lot of backstory for the characters and the story. This book helped build the characters that I know and love in the book.

Heather Havern
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Project dream is one of those can’t put down type of books.
From beginning to end you never expect what’s going to happen next. This book is highly recommended as a must read. This book was nothing like I expected it really keeps you turning the pages because your just dying to find out what happens next. A must read!
Georgia Wahl
I found this book a great development of the characters from the book Dream Wide Awake, which I also enjoyed. It's frightening to know that this fiction is based on fact.
This book was provided free by the author for an honest review.
Michelle
This is the prequel to Dream Wide Awake and I loved getting to know the backstory of the characters. I was captivated with Dream Wide Awake and this book added to the intrigue. The characters are well developed, the story is well written and this author has created an amazing world that could definitely become a tv show. I have recommended this book to everyone I know. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Christine Grabowski
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Project Dream is a must read if you have read Dream Wide Awake. It's the prequel and provides so many details of how the characters in Dream Wide Awake came to be. The characters are well developed and made me want to root for them. I found their backgrounds so interesting. And now, I feel I need to read Dream Wide Awake again (since it's been a year) so I can see how they change (or stay the same) as adults. If you haven't read the first story, you can start here. I honestly don't know which wo ...more
C.J. Zahner
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katie Clemons

• The Last Letter from Your Lover
  • Fallen Hearts
  • The Lying Game
  • The Red Hunter
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
  • Paranoid
  • The Red Ledger: Part 9
  • Paint it Black
  • Butterfly in Frost
  • Hocus Pocus & The All New Sequel
  • Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)
  • Guilty
Cyndie "CJ" Zahner is a digital-book hoarder, lover of can't-put-down books, runner, author, and Mensa wannabe. That last trait explains the inspiration for her first novel, The Suicide Gene. Her second book, Dream Wide Awake, was inspired during long runs on Presque Isle State Park in her hometown of Erie, Pennsylvania. She is a proud mother of three and an even prouder grandmother of one.