Start by marking “It's Ok to Leave the Plantation: The New Underground Railroad!” as Want to Read:
It's Ok to Leave the Plantation: The New Underground Railroad!

It's Ok to Leave the Plantation: The New Underground Railroad!

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This book discusses the "plantation mentality" that is causing Americans to become co-dependent. It is historical however does look at the authors personal journey from a Berekely militant to a conservative businessman.
Published January 1st 1998 by Reeder Publishing

To ask other readers questions about It's Ok to Leave the Plantation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Ok to Leave the Plantation

Gregory
The message of this book is more importnat now than ever before.

This is one of those books that you just have to read for yourself and draw your own conclusions.
This is the book that inspired Mason Weaver to write The Rope.

Mason weaver is a Former Radical Leftist, Former Black Panther, and Former Racist..

This book sheds light on the history of Black America's relationship with the Democrat party and how through intimidation and the promise of hand outs, the Democrat party has won the black vote
Eddie
Very important message not just for Black Americans, but all people everywhere. As much as freedom has cost those who've paved the way for us, there's still a price that none of us can ever get away without paying for it, and that's simply honesty with one's self.
Beth
Aug 15, 2007 Beth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
This book was really a great read for me. Weaver addresses many of the issues that keep black Americans dependent on the government and beholden to a political party that wants to keep them dependent and immature.
Tremayne Moore
It started off really strong and then it leveled out. Even though this was written in the 90s, I wish I read it then or it was written in a time like this. Either way, it was a great read.
Qubist
I really enjoyed reading this book and then I gave my only copy to a friend to read and I haven't seen it since. I hope he read it and passed it on. Good story.
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Levi
Levi marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Dakiya
Dakiya added it
Feb 06, 2015
Charles Brockington
Charles Brockington marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Menya Barber
Menya Barber marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Kelly Lloyd
Kelly Lloyd marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Lorie
Lorie marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Brian Morgan
Brian Morgan marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Randi Kainz
Randi Kainz marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Karen
Karen added it
Aug 06, 2013
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Vic
Vic added it
Jun 22, 2013
Jafari
Jafari marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Clif
Clif marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
LONG BIO
Mason's distinctive point of view is a direct result of a past tragedy that has produced a present day triumph After approximately 2800 pounds of steel and iron plates fell on him, while on active naval duty in San Diego, California, the Navy classified him disabled and discharged him.
Mason found himself unskilled and disabled. He had to discover a new way of earning a living. After gradua
More about Clarence Mason Weaver...
The Rope Tribalism: The Truth Between the Lies