Start by marking “The Pregnancy Test (Sexy in NYC, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Pregnancy Test (Sexy in NYC, #1)

The Pregnancy Test (Sexy in NYC #1)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  4,466 Ratings  ·  270 Reviews

Still, I've got a few things going for me-bitter hu
Published October 1st 2005 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Pregnancy Test, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pregnancy Test

Rachel
Overall rating: 4.5 "Bun In The Oven" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Jenn Scranton
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God! She's pregnant and he can't resist her! He didn't know she was pregnant and she tells him. He wants her more than ever... and it's not his baby.

This was great!! I loved it! Definitely one of those stories where there is never a chance of that happening in real life, but hey! It was beautiful. A man seeing the beauty of creating new life regardless of DNA. Definitely a happy tears book.

Side note:
REEEEAAALLLY hot when our man stepped up to the plate and told the sperm donor to get los
Julianna
May 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Lighter Contemporary Romance or Erin McCarthy
Reviewed for THC Reviews
The Pregnancy Test was a generally entertaining and enjoyable read that was mostly light, sexy fun. The hero does carry a pretty big secret that is revealed in bits and pieces throughout the story and toward the end, it becomes a little weightier as he deals with issues from his past. Otherwise it is a fairly breezy tale that has a hint of a Sex and the City vibe with an underlying plot about four girlfriends who share an apartment in New York, as well as all the details
Stephanie
I was not sure that I would like a book about a girl who gets pregnant by one guy and then ends up falling in love with someone else. This is the whole concept behind this book. However, somewhere in between is a very sweet love story between two people who are meant to be together.
Mandy is a very likable character and Damien is one sexy man. Together they create a lot of heat together. I really enjoyed this book a lot. It is going on my keeper shelf.
Once again I cannot get enough of Ms McCart
Elle
Jun 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
This was pretty good.

I didn't mind the heroine, wasn't too found of the "mysterious" (notice the quotes) hero. The story was a little choppy and I didn't feel any sort of attachment or curiousity about the other "NY Girlfriends" that appearently each have a book in this series.

I enthusiastically read through this book in record time, but now that I'm done I'm not suer why I read through it with such gusto.

I do think I will investigate more books by Erin McCarthy. I don't think she can hold a fl
Charity
Jun 13, 2007 rated it did not like it
Mandy Keeling is pregnant with another man's baby when she falls in love with her boss, Damien 'Demon' Sharpton. There was virtually no plot in the whole book and I could not wait to put it down. I would strongly recommend avoiding this selection.
Ipshita
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
★★★

I suppose I expected that this'll be a romance where the MC goes crazy cause of her hormones, starts to lust for her new boss, who initially gives her the cold shoulder, but eventually falls prey to her persistent charm. Yeah, my fault for assuming the worst. However, I'm so relieved that Mandy and Damien turn out to be quite different from my imagination, in a better way that is. The attraction between them is pretty instantaneous, but it is mostly on the hero's part rather than the heroine'
Carmen Rae
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this sweet, cute, funny book. Just what I needed for a drama free read.

Check out my reviews here
Rizka  Felyna
Netha
Feb 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dastanbooks, romance
Mandy Keeling hamil & ben bukan saja tidak mau bertanggung jawab malah memberikan uang pada mandy agar mandy tidak lagi mengganggu ben.

mandy marah & sakit hati pada ben tapi dia tidak akan pernah menggugurkan bayinya. jika ben tidak mau bertanggung jawab maka mandy akan mengurus sendiri bayinya.
itu berarti mandy harus melepaskan toko mainannya & mencari pekerjaan yg bisa memberinya tunjangan kesehatan. pekerjaan apapun itu selama mandy tidak harus kembali & berada dalam kontrol k
KD
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really don't know how I found this book but I'm really glad I did.

I have to admit, is a big Woah! the whole pregnant and falling in love with another guy concept. I know is hard to grasp, BUT is not impossible. I can tell you that this love story can happen from personal experience. And MAYBE thats the reason I liked this book so much. I can relate. My grandpa fell in love with my grandma when she was pregnant with my mom. We actually don't know the whole truth behind all of their history but

Gina
Goodreads Description- Ordinarily, I'm a fan of pink-lovely colour, does smashing things for the complexion. But not when it's the bright, glaring stripe staring back at me on the pregnancy test. Then, pink is the colour of major oops, of morning sickness, of boyfriends who seemed decent but now are part of some Jerk Witness Protection Program.

Still, I've got a few things going for me-bitter humour, a divine right to eat till I'm the size of Marlon Brando, and good friends who've managed to get
Jane Stewart
Sep 28, 2010 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Nicely done. I liked it.

A few scenes had me chuckling. Both characters are likeable. I enjoyed Mandy’s competence and efficiency at work. I loved Damien’s involvement with the pregnancy. He read more pregnancy books than she did. When she was getting an ultrasound, she asked the technician a question, but Damien gave the technical answer. A minor occurrence happens at the very end which totally surprised and delighted me. Lovely ending.

STORY BRIEF:
Damien is wounded from his past. He w
Nura
Mar 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: chicklit lover
Bos yang jatuh cinta sama sekretarisnya? Udah sering denger. Perempuan hamil ditinggal cowoknya? Udah banyak. Tapi tetep aja seru baca buku ini. Cengar-cengir sendiri waktu baca sembari ngebayangin si tokoh wanitanya mirip ga, ya, sama Bridget Jones. Mungkin. Bahasanya mudah dicerna dan ceritanya cukup ringan. Pokoknya bikin terkekeh-kekeh sendirian tengah malam. I don't know if I could be that tough as Mandy does if I were her. Dia membuat keputusan sulit, menjadi mandiri dan melahirkan anak ta ...more
Jacqueline
Courtney Duncan
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was fine. It just wasn't for me. If you are into gratuitous sex, then you will LOVE it. I would have loved it in middle school, for the masturbatory value alone. However, I am past that stage, and to be honest with you, I am no prude, by ANY definition of the word, I am just way past the point where long, drawn out sex scenes do anything for me. I liked the characters. The story is tied up nicely. I just think I am at a point, personally, where I want more story, less sex. On the posit ...more
Hildur
This was my first attempt at full blown chick lit and most probably my last (Never say never. I might have a stroke or something to change my mind).

Some people read this and enjoy it. I don't know why though.
Pregnancy Test is just someone's wet dream turned into a book. Seriously. There's a chapter when they have sex on the bed while it's covered in biscuits and marmelade. That can't be good? Sounds even worse than sex on the beach, because of the added stickiness.
Ella
3.5* The story was sweet and simple. It seemed to have a lot of potential to turn into a great book;Unfortunately it fell short. I don't have any specific complains except that it didn't live up to my expectations. The book, on the whole was nice, light, sweet... and since it was quite short, I'm satisfied with having read it.
Snigdha Prakash
3.5 stars...
A wonderful and amazing book and not at all cliche`
It was wonderful and amazing to see the love and understanding between the two protagonists.
Not unnecessary drama and misunderstanding, which is always a plus.
And the baby love was just super cool.
So all in all..loved it.
Mahareni Sukadi
Ah...gak bisa suka sm Mandy. Mungkin karena hamil sm laki2 lain, n mungkin karena dia tipe cewek yg aktip secara seksual (aku lebih suka tipe yg malu2). Temen2 ceweknya malah lebih nyenengin.

Kok banyak bed scene-nya yaaaaaa, smp bosen+gak sabar bacanya.
Laura Carson
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun, light, humorus, feel good read with great characters that you will love to get to know.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Celeste
Nov 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the funniest books I've read in a really long time. Erin McCarthy is now one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. Truly all of her books are good, even her earlier ones!
Artemissia
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
C'est mignon tout pleins, un petit conte de fée moderne avec assez d'humour et de passion pour passer un excellent moment ! Un bon bol d'air frais et ça fait du bien :D
Ccil Ksr
Une belle petite romance bien sympathique, avec de chouettes personnages, des notes d'humour, des moments torrides et d'autres attendrissants...un agréable moment de lecture.
Ochie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read from Erin McCarthy. I find the main characters endearing - Mandy and Damien. I love how the story started, how it progressed. It's light and sexy and yes, sweet. I find them so cute together and Damien being such a concerned "father". I loved their banter, and my fave the one about the baby's name. I love how Damien is such a realy softie inside. If you're looking for something light, something that would put a smile in your face or laugh, something sweet, this would be a ...more
Heather Stout
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Honestly. I wanted to love this book. I did. But it didn't really live up to the synopsis for me. There were a good amount of funny moments, and I did enjoy parts of it. But on a whole I thought the story was a bit rushed. Nothing wrong with rushing a relationship in general (my husband and I only knew each other for a few months before we got married). But I would have liked a bit more to the story, and definitely an epilogue.
M
Nov 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don't know what this is. I really expected better so I was disappointed. I had kind of liked some of Erin McCarthy's work before.

Nutshell Review
- Ridiculous pacing– everything went from 1 to 100 so fast
- It felt like there was zero character or plot development
- It read like a summary of a story or a brainstorming outline, not an actual fully-written book
- The characters annoyed me. They hardly knew each other then were "in love" so fast
Ils
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 STARs

Loved the story! Hilarious, steamy and so sweet with a few sprinkles of pain and regret to balance it out! Both characters were really well crafted and quite different from one another, but fit so well together! Loved the first meeting in the elevator...laughed out loud when I picture it in my head! Overall an easy read, well-written and worthing of your time!
Pandora
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just belly laugh lines and characters that make you cheer.
Quote 1 13 Aug 23, 2013 12:44PM
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • Too Hot to Handle (Domestic Gods, #2)
  • When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)
  • Black Ties and Lullabies (Playboys, #3)
  • Love To Love You Baby (Trehan Brothers, #1)
  • Just for Kicks (Showgirls, #2)
  • The Real Deal
  • The Kept Woman
  • Dressed to Slay (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #1)
  • The Babe Magnet
  • Catch a Mate
  • 恋だの愛だの 1 [Koi Dano Ai Dano 1]
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Red-Hot and Royal
  • Get A Clue
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy

Sexy in NYC (3 books)
  • You Don't Know Jack (Sexy in NYC, #2)
  • How to Get Lucky (Sexy in NYC #3)
“Scars fade with time. And the ones that never go away, well, they build character, maturity, caution.” 132 likes
“Love, no matter how it’s expressed, is still love. We all have flaws, and so our love will be flawed. But that doesn’t diminish it.” 104 likes