Start by marking “Trusting the Elements (Never Too Late, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trusting the Elements (Never Too Late, #1)

Trusting the Elements

(Never Too Late #1)

There’s nothing like a near death car accident to open your eyes. Otto Proulx decides surviving was a sign; he’s being given a second chance to claim the life he wants to live. For the past few years he’s been hiding in the shadows, vague texts from a troubled ex-partner keep him at home along with his general lack of luck in the romance department. This is his last ...more
Paperback, 1st edition, 194 pages
Published July 20th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Trusting the Elements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trusting the Elements

Start your review of Trusting the Elements (Never Too Late, #1)
Sheri
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
Ehhh, this was mehhhh.
My first Keaton story and well, I wasn't very impressed.
Awkward flow and a strange chain of events left me puzzled.
Way-bam-thank-you-sir sex didn't convince me of their connection.
A kite store owner and a sex toy owner in a small town felt...ambitious? Not to mention their initial meeting had my eyes rolling out of my head.
And I expected more kink from Otto.
And the ex-husband drama and estranged sister drama was...too much to swallow.
I gave it my best shot but the
Cadiva
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

Utterly sweet romance with enough spice to keep things ticking along and make me fall completely for both Otto and Greg.

I loved the meet-cute element of this, I loved the town it was set in, I loved that both men had hang-ups but were willing to work through them and I thought the stalker element wasn't overdone and fit nicely into the plot.

I had an ARC, so there were a fair few errors in it which I expect will have been cleaned up on release and the narrative flowed really nicely
Jenny Wood
So, I was kind of confused at first… Otto meets Greg on a rainy night after a deer forces Otto off the road in the pouring rain and Greg happens by and makes sure he’s okay. Now, first, Otto says the next thing he knows, the car is still running so that’s good and the bonk on his head must’ve meant he passed out, if only for even a minute or two… but then he’s like… I’m fine, I didn’t pass out.

After going on, on his way, everything that can go wrong, does go wrong and he’s finally able to get
Kirstin
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted so badly to love this story, but I couldn't get there. I really liked it, though. There were plenty of lovable parts, such as:

-Both characters, Greg and Otto were funny and kind
-Kittens, kites and a cute kid
-A very sweet first meeting
-Lots of fun jokes, lovely words and romance

To me, there was too much going on beside the long distance relationship with Greg and Otto. The thing with the ex brought a bit of thrill and drama, but the scene at the end seemed thrown in and unnecessary. I
Maygirl7
Not particularly interesting and just okay in all aspects.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku-borrow, m-m
Builds anticipation for a new series

Edit: I’m apparently really bad at adjectives late at night. Someday I’ll learn to wait for morning to review.

This was really nice sweet, fun introduction to a new town and new men finding love. Otto is just a nice mild mannered, somewhat insecure guy although I can’t really remember him much from the Storm Season series. He’s also got an ex who doesn’t want to let go. Greg is a really nice guy too but with a sad history, rejected by his family for being gay.
Kendra T
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, own-review
This was cute overall. I didn’t refresh myself with the blurb before reading, so the beginning made me wonder if there was some kind of paranormal theme going on. There wasn’t, it just read like something was coming. Otto and Greg met and got along really well, and I liked their relationship development. I did thing the situation with the ex was a bit weird with Otto not reporting or saying anything initially, but I guess sometimes things just happen that way. The resolution to the ex situation ...more
Sue~Always Reading~
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This was a nice story about two nice guys who were both a bit lost but found their way to each other on a rainy night. I enjoyed watching this relationship grow, both Otto and Greg were sincere and mature and had been unlucky in love and life in different ways. I loved that Greg owns a kite shop, I’d love to visit one and fly a kite on a beautiful day.

I thought the story went off track a bit with Otto’s ex. There was also a dramatic episode towards the end with someone in Greg’s life that
Tori Thompson
Read and reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews. Check out the blog at www.lovebytesreviews.com to see this and many more reviews, blog posts, and giveaways!
Autumn Breeze
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
As for Otto and Greg as a couple, I really enjoyed watching them dance around one another. They had instant attraction. Their chemistry was really off the charts. Because of their own issues they were slow to come together but the prolonged build is really what made Trusting The Elements a page turner.

Read the rest of my review at Wine Drunk Book Reviews
Jill
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this was a really cute insta-love story. I think Otto is the cutest thing ever and so funny. I really recommend this book. Cannot wait for more in the series. Very hot sexy times and no angst.
Lena Grey
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” ~ Christopher Reeve

Benji and Diego have been friends and bandmates for ten years. Powerful chemistry between them has always been there, but now they are in a position to make it what they have both dreamed of—more. One of their biggest concerns is the fear of losing what they presently have. They are afraid of rocking the boat and ending up with nothing.

Love Bytes Reviews
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Reviewed by Tori (Vicki)

We first met Otto in Elle Keaton’s Accidental Roots series, and I was HOPING he’d get his own book! He owns a naughty little store called Otto’s Erotica in Skagit Washington. He comes across as a self sufficient man, a successful business owner, and as we learn in this book, one with a past. Otto has a stalker… he also has a dream to open another store in Westfort, a town not too far from Skagit, but a much smaller town. Otto heads to Westfort in a storm, where he is
Anabela.M.
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For almost half of this book I felt like something was missing,thinking to myself:"what,has Elle Keaton actually written a book without any suspense in it?" Because after reading the Accidental Roots series, I was convinced that she's not capable of writing romance without some kind of danger to her characters' lives.

And I was right. Only a few pages later,Otto's stalking ex becomes more pushy, amping up his menacing messages. If you ask me,the ex situation ads that necessary, intriguing spice
Emily  Muddle
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
With a lot of sweetness, sexy times, and a little angst and drama, this story kept my interest till the end. From the start where Otto has a car accident and he meets Greg, who is all kinds of caring and helpful, I was invested in their relationship. There is an instant connection between the MCs and they fit together perfectly, as they soon discover... Although they both feel the intense connection, it takes a bit of time for them to finally admit out-loud that what they have is more than a ...more
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
This was a nice read about two main characters who are both lost in their own and sort of searching for something more substantial in their lives. I don’t think they were necessarily looking for someone but along the way of trying to find whatever it is they were looking for, they found each other. This did come off as an insta love story but not so unbelievable that I didn’t buy it.

Yet, I do think that the drama with Otto’s ex took me away from the story of Otto and Greg and more so focused on
Shannon
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Trusting the Elements is the first book is Elle’s new series, spinning off from Accidental Roots. Otto, our ever intrepid erotic store owner is contemplating opening a second location in Westfort. On his way there, he meets Greg in interesting circumstances and then finds him again.
Both men are intrigued by the other and find ways to find their way back to each other.
This book was definitely lighter than Elle’s other works, which is more action-y suspense. But Otto is someone who definitely
Rachel H.
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second Elle Keaton book I've read.
I really like her characters. They are very human, not entirely perfect and somewhat flawed. I really like the fact that both main characters in this venture were small business owners. And I absolutely loved that while Otto owns the sex shop, it's Greg that persists with pun-based names.
Some of the characters from the Accidental Roots series are mentioned in passing, which establishes this series as being in the same universe. Which I really liked
Sarita Chapdelaine
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a great start to a new series and I really enjoyed it. I was intrigued by Otto when he was introduced in the Accidental Roots series and I am so happy to read his story. Trusting the Elements is well written, sweet, sexy, fun, entertaining, has some drama and angst, there are a few interesting twists and I love the characters. Greg and Otto start out as a weekend fling but they both develop strong feelings for each other and I love how their relationship evolves. They are very sweet ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, hea-hfn, 2019-reads

4 Stars

I’ll be honest, I was so sad to say goodbye to the characters from the Accidental Roots series, and while this is a new series, I was happy to get Otto’s story, a secondary character from that series. We even get a mention or two of the much loved main characters from the AR series.

I loved both Otto and Greg. They were both extremely likable guys and they fit together perfectly. They were sweet and hot together and you couldn’t help but root for them to find a way to be together. I also
R
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s a dark rainy night and Otto runs off the road. He is rescued by Greg. Each is interested in the other but neither have the best luck in the romance department.

Otto owns an adult specialty store. Greg has a kite shop. They don’t really have much in common but they manage to start a long distance relationship.

Story had some angst, a stalking ex, homophobic family, kittens, and kites.

I think it was an average length but felt shorter. Almost insta-love but their feelings felt more authentic.
Jenn
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 – 4 Stars

This was a fun, sweet story! It was different than I expected from the blurb, but I definitely enjoyed Otto and Greg. They meet on a rainy night after a car accident, just briefly, but run into each other again later that evening and it’s just meant to be!

There was such a sweetness to this story that just made my heart happy. Both of these men are so genuine and good, even with a bit of drama thrown in we still see what great guys they are. There’s just a bit of mystery to add to
Lillian Francis
I had a hard time with this book at the beginning, I found it somewhat repetitive as we had the same events visited by both MCs and things happened or were said that seemed contradictory.
But I'm glad I persevered because this was a sweet romance with a smidgen of angst.
I really liked Greg. He had a big heart but thanks to his upbringing he doesn't think he's good enough.
Otto swung wildly between super empathic and TSTL. There were moments with his ex that I just wanted to shout at him.
Overall an
Patricia Nelson
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What do you get when two emotionally broken, and jaded men meet when Greg rescues Otto from a near fatal car accident? You get a fantastic, grab-you-by-the-feels, totally awesome, powerful, smoldering, and totally awesome tale guaranteed to pull you in from the very first page. Greg and Otto seem to have absolutely nothing in common, but slowly grow into being perfect for each other. I really enjoyed reading this marvelous gem, and can't wait to see what happens next.
Goldenchels
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Successful Sweet Instalove

Otto and Greg are two guys with some pretty
past bad experiences finding something good together when least expected. The story is interesting and moves at a nice measured pace not spending too much time on any one scene.
This is my first book from Elle Keaton and I'll definitely be adding her previous titles to my TBR.
AL
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Otto and Greg were awesome! Both the main characters were really lovable and I loved all the feels between them. Then there is a host of supporting characters that added another layer of awesome and hopefully, outlook to more MCs in the series.
The locatios, the characters, the plot and twists holding you by the throat. Great job Elle Keaton! :)
Rebecca Brown
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Elle Keaton book and I liked it a lot. The story with Greg and Otto was terrific. Loved the plot and storyline. I wanted a little bit more connection between the two men. A little more emotional description. Kites, kittens, sex toys and forgiveness-a definite recommended and fast read.
Mr.Dewi M
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Joscelyn Smith
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Otto and Greg were engaging, loveable characters. The dynamic between them was so sweet, both wanting more but afraid of pushing. I enjoyed seeing them take the chance on love and getting their happy ending.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Melanie
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

For the full review check out https://wp.me/p220KL-hm4

For all our reviews, see http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...

• Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Stand In Place
  • Heart Strain (Interlocking Fragments #1)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Puzzle Me This
  • Digging Deep (Digging Deep, #1)
  • Rocket Science
  • Love Always
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • Cold Pressed (Seacroft, #2)
  • Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • Bio-Mechanical (Irons and Works, #4)
Author/imaginator & photographer (also rare Pacific Northwest Native), Elle grew up in Seattle, WA., with the Cascade Mountain range to the east and Olympics to the west.

Elle shares her life with between three to five cats (depending on who's counting), an extremely patient fiancé and a flock of young adults. She's lived in four US states, London England, and Hong Kong; always knows what time