Start by marking “One Last Dance” as Want to Read:
One Last Dance

One Last Dance

A second chance at once forbidden love.

Twenty-eight-year-old Zoe is heartbroken. Her career as a principal dancer in a prestigious London ballet company has just been brought to a screeching halt by an injury. Needing to re-evaluate her future and make sense of life away from center stage, she returns home to the States, where she runs into her former ballet teacher—and o
Published June 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about One Last Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Last Dance

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
4 stars. Besides the exhausting back and forth drama between the two that seemed a little bit forced this was a really great book. It’s a second chance romance in a way and the world of Ballet is featured heavily which I loved. There’s a forbidden aspect between student-teacher and an age gap and I think the author handled it all really well.

Natasha and Zoe are well developed characters and I liked them both though they both had moments where they got on my nerves. Zoe is kinda childish and jump
Paula
Again, Anna Stone brings an amazing story!

I love it the time jump through the chapters, specially because it's so well written that you don't get lost so you can enjoy like two love stories at once.

I once was a ballet dancer(for 9 years) and I really enjoyed how Anna talked about it, also, I could really see Zoe dancing, that's how deep you can get here.

The age-gap plus teacher-student relationship is awesome, specially because of how they deal with their feelings. Zoe leave so she can follow
Karen
Jul 23, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
This for sure is not what I need right now, so I am just going to stop reading.
Mindy
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Feelings arise and hearts want, but sometimes it just cannot be. But what about ten years later? This was a wonderful little romance novel doing well with the transitions between the two time periods and laying out the story of how they came to be where they are now ten years later. Zoe and Natasha have a lot baggage and emotional turmoil to work through. Many hiccups along the path due to hurt feelings and misunderstandings. I think there was a time or two that, eh... perhaps Zoe was a bit too ...more
Kira
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not going to lie, I might have gasped aloud when I saw Anna Stone had another book out. She's quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, and that's saying something when I read, like, two or three different books a day. I have a problem, but it's a fun problem to have.

The book is great, as all her books are. Zoe, a young, aspiring ballet student, reluctantly takes on private lessons with Natasha. Although tension begins between the two of them, over time, the tension turns sexual and complicat
JWG1973UK
FANTASTIC READ

This author truly does go from strength to strength with each book she writes. This book joins her second book (Behind Closed Doors) as a joint favourite.

Zoe is a Dancer who works for the London Ballet Company. Her career is in jeopardy after getting injured. Natasha is a Teacher. Both met when Zoe was a student.

This book is a MUST READ. It was a great story line and both main characters are sweethearts. Zoe moved to London to follow her dreams. Natasha supported and encouraged her
Sally Trotter
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story, slightly different from her last books, a romance in the world of ballet. Zoe & Natasha’s journey from student/teacher to finally being together . Worthy of 5 stars
Kimberly
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love has no expiration date

Zoe is back in the states after an injury that may end her career in London. While there, she runs into her old ballet instructor that she's been holding a torch for over ten years.
Natasha is both excited and a little reluctant to see where things go with Zoe. She has to get over the fact that Zoe was a student and come to terms with telling Zoe everything.
This is story about how things aren't always what they appear to be. The actions of one can impact another. Both
D. Strong
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoe, a principal dancer with the Royal London Ballet. Natasha, a teacher at an exclusive ballet academy. Ten years prior the two had been student and teacher, simply it could have been more. A good story though is never simple. This is a story of how timing, fear, confusion and also inexperience can affect things in your life, mainly relationships and just maybe how maybe life can give you a second chance.

The story is told from each characters prospective through out the book. This is one of my
R.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sexy Low Drama Tale

The thing that pulled me in was that lovely cover. Thank you to the author for featuring a black woman in this story in an atypical career and for giving us that beautiful cover! We desperately need more of that in the literary world!!

This was a cute relatively drama-free hot little story. My only complaints are that I wish it were longer. There was so much room for expansion on both MC stories since they each had such complex histories. So much more could have been written ab
Jeff
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. This is the first book by Anna Stone that I have read, but it will not be the last. I was interested in the book originally due to the writeup and the cover image. I love interracial stories, so this immediately caught my interest.

The characters in the novel are well developed which the story going back and forth between present day and 10 years earlier when the couple first were student/teacher in a ballet academy. This back and
Valtier
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Yolandi Bester
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
I absolutely love Anna Stone's take on romance. The tension she creates between women is fresh, enticing and utterly sensual. This one, however, I felt lacked cohesion in transferring that tension and longing from the past to the present. The age gap and the teacher-student dichotomy tends to be difficult to balance, but 'One Last Dance' plays on both women's maturity and autonomy in a way that allows their story to unfold naturally and apart from this often exploited facet to something honest a ...more
Miss J
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy Reading

I loved how the book transitioned between their past and present connection. It could have had a bit more angst and the reason for Natasha turning Zoe away from her house 10 years previously didnt really sit well with me, i was expecting a bit more of a bombshell reveal! But i still loved the book and read it in one sitting and wished it had gone on a bit longer cause it was over to soon.
Goodreads customer
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Never forgotten

Received an ARC of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. Zoe the student went on to do great things. She got a great job as a lead dancer in a famous company. Natasha the teacher continues to do the thing she loves but could have done so much more. We all know fear can make you do crazy things. They meet again. Read their story to see if they get a chance to get it right. I feel you will enjoy the experience.
Maricat
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this is a straight-forward romance from Anna Stone, featuring an age-gap, former student/teacher and biracial love story. This story about ballerina Zoe and her teacher Natasha easily goes back and forth from ballet academy lessons 10 years prior to present day. Great love scenes with just a hint of kink-this is a another great story from Anna and I look forward to her next one! I received an ARC for this honest review.
Carolyn
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Ballerina’s Dream.

Zoe was dancing for Natasha in her mind. Then she land on foot and pain shot through her heel. Zoe struggled through the entire dance, took standing ovations and then collapsed behind the curtain. Visiting her sister while she recovers, she runs into Natasha, her former teacher and hoes her has a second chance. Erotic romance and story. Recommend.
Sue
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zoe and Natasha a story of love and dance. I liked this book just because if you believe in something and someone time will never be an issue. I like the interracial aspect, but could have given more detail about the difficulties that Zoe had to overcome because of it. Keep up the great writing Anna!!!
I was given an ARC of this book so that I could write an honest review.
Amy Bright
Anna Stone is One of the Best

Anna Stone never fails to deliver a fantastic romance. I always look forward to her new releases, and this one was just as fantastic as the others, even though I’m not even a fan of ballet. Good job!
Amber L Boltz
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally recommend this amazing love story.

It’s an amazing book there are lots of life lessons to learn from. Not giving up what you worked hard for and relationships to help work on in your own life. There are some sad parts in this wonderful book of Anna’s
J.R.
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A ballerina finally pasts her mentor.

An accident on stage sends the rising star home to where she is met by uncertainty and lies. But against these troubling aspects merged a story of finally coming to terms with her mentor. Enjoy!
Anna
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though im not much into ballet or dancing scene, I found this book really interesting. Plot is intriguing and I could not wait until last scene was unraveled. Loved previous books from author and I'm looking forward for the next.
Lorraine Rusnack
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

Great story I loved both main characters. Wonderful love story that stood the test of time. Some very sexy scenes as well. I always look forward to Anna's books.
Veronica Shay
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story line

The story was solid and the characters were endearing. The intimacy was pretty but it was not as hot as some of her others. All and all it was a decent read.
Patricia Foort
I started this book but didn’t feel it. At all. Didn’t feel the chemistry or the connection. So this is the first one that didn’t finish. Stopped after 29% or so.
Michelle
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful storytelling

A lovely story about a ballet dancer and her teacher. This is a love story that spans ten years. The love between Zoe and Natasha will warm your heart
Sandra