Start by marking “What Dogs Want for Christmas” as Want to Read:
What Dogs Want for Christmas

What Dogs Want for Christmas

Using witty poems and winsome illustrations, What Dogs Want for Christmas lets our four-footed friends speak for themselves. And what does Man's Best Friend have on his holiday list? ...more
Published October 30th 2008 by Sleeping Bear Press (first published September 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about What Dogs Want for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Dogs Want for Christmas

Start your review of What Dogs Want for Christmas
SurLeFur ©
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lift up your hand high in the sky if you’d like a smooch from a pooch. If it is a pooch with a porpoise, count us in!Students been really inspired by names of these round hounds for the past few days. The book is a quick read and it’s super duper cute.
 ★ gwiz ★
A sweet and wonderful Christmas book about presents for our 4-legged members of our family.
Peacegal
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
The illustrations, featuring realistic depictions of canines in winsome poses, are a highlight. Young dog lovers will have fun identifying different breeds and reading the letters each pooch has written to Santa.

Although, I was a little weirded out by the pup who wanted mittens made from the hair of kittens. Apparently, the text has been changed in the version I read, because another reader made reference to the letter wishing for "something that used to purr." (Does that mean the dog wants a d
Brittany
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is BEAUTIFUL! I will definitely buy this one for my home library for my daughter.
Deanna
Nov 20, 2019 added it
Lovely rhyming and great illustrations.
Jazz Feylynn
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Staciel
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas-books

Wonderful canine illustrations combined with rhyming letters to Santa.

Cute.
Kristen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, kids-books
My daughter LOVES dogs, which was the reason I picked up this book. This book is in the form of letters. Each breed of dog writes a letter to Santa about what they want for Christmas. This would be a great book for kindergartners because several of the letters are ambiguous and describe it. You could ask your child what they think the dog is actually asking for. Some of the illustrations help young readers to deduce the information. My daughter is only 2, so I just told her.

My daughter LOVED poi
Homewood Public Library
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ever thought about what your favorite four-legged friend would want for Christmas? Radzainski looks into the hearts of man’s best friend for a sweet story about the simple things that dogs love. If you are a dog lover, go ahead and check out What Dogs Want For Christmas, because it is sure to be a new Christmas favorite!
Maria Waltner
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
This is very cute with great illustrations. The words/story I felt was a little lacking though. They were little poem letters to Santa but it was missing something. The best page was the last one where the little dog was asking for a home.
Carolyn
Nov 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
AR 2.5 -- 0.5
WONDERFUL book with terrific & humorous illustrations. Love the one with the dog wearing kitty slippers. Author/illustrator captures dogs' eyes wonderfully.
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Short, rhyming letters to Santa written by dogs. The illustrations are lovely and the letters are short and sweet. Perfect for dog-loving preschoolers excited about Christmas.
Zoe
Nov 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4thgrade09-10
Cute.
Cute pictures.
Scooter Reads
Read dis one with Momma at Christmas. Is very accurate on what dachshund wants.
Deni Johansson
Dec 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this whimsical book to my 5 yr old (soon to be 6) and we both enjoyed it. It also has really good artwork, illustrations of cute dog breeds.
K Kno
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-j-books
adorable!
Joan
Nov 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My Corgi, Smarty Boy Baxter, is featured in this book, so this is just a shameless plug for him.
The Library Lady
Dec 11, 2008 rated it liked it
It's pretty saccharine. But the dog illustrations are gorgeous. And there's a cat version as well, so I'll give her credit where credit is due :} ...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Who could resist these adorable dogs with their letters to Santa? Best part: Wonderful dog pictures. Ages 4-10.
Emmy Lou
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, childrens, holiday
This is so wonderful!!! I loved it.
Judith
Oct 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This books combines my two favorite things: Dogs and Christmas. How could this book be anything but amazing?
Beverly
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very realistic illustrations of the dogs, as the illustrator put in every hair on their furry little bodies.
Jnase1
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I think young kids will like the pictures in this book.
Valarie

• Gotham City Sirens #2
  • Gotham City Sirens #1
  • Bombshells: United (2017-) #2
  • Bombshells: United (2017-) #1
  • The Elimination Diet Workbook: Determine Which Foods Are Making You Sick So You Can Eat Well and Feel Great!
  • A Deadly Wandering: A Tale of Tragedy and Redemption in the Age of Attention
  • Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook
  • Harley Quinn (2016-) #3
  • Mother Panic (2016-) #1
  • Starfire (2015-) #1
  • Heroes in Crisis (2018) #1
  • Harley Quinn and Her Gang of Harleys #2
  • Harley Quinn (2016-) #4
  • Hair Like Mine (Kids Like Mine, #1)

News & Interviews