Start by marking “The Putt at the End of the World” as Want to Read:
The Putt at the End of the World

The Putt at the End of the World

Alfonso Zamora is an aging, Mexican, senior tour player who discovers he's going blind. Rita Shaugnessy is a lusty, hard-drinking, down-on-her-luck golfer on the women's pro tour. Billy Sprague is a country club pro with the most beautiful golf swing -- except when there's money on the line. All three receive an invitation from Phillip Bates, the richest man in the world, ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Warner Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Putt at the End of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Putt at the End of the World

Start your review of The Putt at the End of the World
Joan
May 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating concept. Sad mess. Disappointed
Alvin Huston
Dec 22, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really can't think of a single good thing to say about this book.
Kelsey Taylor
Oct 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The authors jump around too much for most peoples taste in reading as well as use too many unneeded and normally unknown words that take away from the story instead of adding to it. This book is not one that I will be keeping on my book shelf. It will be going back to the thrift shop where I found it and where it honestly belongs.
Sophie
I don't know if this quite lived up to the reread. There is quite a bit of golf - and thank goodness I had a golf unit in high school PE - and there are an awful lot of characters. But the second half, give or take, is interesting and degenerates into just plain silly. It's a fun read, and I'll forgive the goofiness because c'mon, it was written by nine different authors!

For anyone who liked this - or wanted to like it - I definitely recommend Christopher Brookmyre. Goofy hijinks, fair share of
Timothy
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
I was interested in the concept, each chapter written by a different author, but they kept killing off and reviving characters all the time it was nonsense. After the first couple chapters most of the story was thinly veiled sexual innuendo and raunchy jokes.
Edward
Jul 25, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A rousing yarn of a golf story from a dozen top writers. Neat idea and a must for any golfer...although there is a bit of sex to wade through.
Cwilson466
May 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, my only disappointment was how long it took to get to the good stuff. I almost stopped reading it at the beginning because of the golf stuff. Glad I stuck with it.
J.C.
Read about 100 pages. Too many characters. Not enough story. Should have been funnier.
Marcia
Jul 30, 2008
Alessa Hutter
Apr 27, 2017
Dina
rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2008
Oct 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• Last Man Standing
  • Dad Is Fat
Ridley Pearson is the author of more than twenty novels, including the New York Times bestseller Killer Weekend; the Lou Boldt crime series; and many books for young readers, including the award-winning children's novels Peter and the Starcatchers, Peter and the Shadow Thieves, and Peter and the Secret of Rundoon, which he cowrote with Dave Barry. Pearson lives with his wife and two daughters, ...more