Start by marking “War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers” as Want to Read:
War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

“Hilarious, morbid, and sometimes oddly touching, War and Peas is amongst the best of the best in modern comics. You’ll be laughing out loud.” — Sarah Andersen, creator of Sarah's Scribbles

"One of the most exciting and funniest webcomics in the world," — Bored Panda

From the creators of the hugely popular Instagram comic War and Peas, this offbeat four-panel comic features
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about War and Peas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about War and Peas

Start your review of War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
MischaS_
Dec 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
***Advance Review Copy generously provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.***

Okay, this book had the unlucky fate that I read this right after the Awkward Yeti which is a very tough competition and this book just could not compete.

I actually did not realise I knew this artist before but while reading this I realised that I knew so many of the strips which was not very good. (I stated several times before that I do prefer if these online arts to a book have more new content
Maddie O.
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an arc of this book via NetGalley.

Some of this was super funny and some of it was kinda meh but overall it was enjoyable! I especially liked the use of recurring characters spread out through the comics. Would recommend if you have a darker/drier sense of humor.
Etienne
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, absurd and dark humor in a web comic cartoons style. Very light for sure but it had me laughing a couple of time so no waste. Small piece of entertainment! Enjoyable!
Alex Sarll
A collection of four-panel gag comics which at first appear to stand alone, but gradually stitch together into something more. Not only do characters such as the first sentient robot, the dog who's tired of being a good boy, the grim reaper and the slutty witch recur, but their next appearance will build on the punchline of their previous one, and occasionally they even cross over. Who knew the mania for shared universes would run so far? And it is definitely something closer to that than the ...more
& She Reads
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was provided and ARC of this Via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Honestly this was absolutely freaking hilarious lol The art is super cute and if you love dry humor
this is 100% for you

I definitely want to own this book and go through it whenever I'm having a bad day lol

I won't give anything away (although im not sure if spoilers for something like this actually matters?)
but a certain Witch is my favorite character
Annie
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog Nonstop Reader.

War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers is a collection of webcomics produced by Jonathan Kunz and Elizabeth Pich. Originally published on their webcomic War and Peas, this collection, due out 3rd March 2020 is 160 pages and will be available in paperback format.

The art is deceptively simple. The single page comics are in 4 panel format, with many recurring characters (Death shows up quite often, for example). The humor is ever so slightly
Ella
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm what you'd call a "strict reviewer" and I rarely give out five star reviews, but when I turned the last e-page there were no doubts about how I'd rate this collection. Obviously, when it comes to humor what really matters is what kind of stuff you find funny, but to get a better sense of what's going on here I'll try to summarize for you:

All comics have four panels, and most are gathered on one page each, topped with a fitting (and often funny) title. A few comics are split on two separate
Raven Terry
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks NetGalley for this ARC, in exchange for an honest review. Ok, so I already love War and Peas, and clearly I have need of this wonderful book in both my personal and our libraries collection. Dark, twisted, witty comics that will have you chuckling out-loud. Yes, you will indeed chuckle aloud when reading this, beware, I realize this is almost a dead notion. How dare we express joy and agreement? I truly can't wait to get our copy so that I can read it, chuckle aloud in our somewhat ...more
Angel 一匹狼
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*Provided by Netgalley (as always a great opportunity to read some amazing works)

"War and Peas" is a very funny comic book, with interesting little characters that appear all through its pages that reminded me of early Terry Pratchett, when simple humor and plays on words where the basis of his stories. In "War and Peas" the same happens. You have little vignettes that tell a story in just one, two pages, all of the dark humor kind. And Jonathan Kunz and Elizabeth Pich have done a great job in
Kelly
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
"That was when I knew I had a problem."

(Full disclosure: I received a free e-ARC for review through NetGalley.)

-- 3.5 stars --

Like nearly every collection of comics I discover on NetGalley, War and Peas began as a webcomic that I'd never heard of, but will now follow religiously.

A little bit morbid and a whole lot weird, War and Peas features four-panel comics that are loosely related, with a recurring cast of characters. There's no-nonsense scientist and her sentient robot, who's
Mere
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

If you like comics, especially morbid comics, then you'll love these individual comics. If you already read them, then you'll be a fan of this collection.

They're oftentimes linked however with the same characters. There is a lot of hilarity within this book of comics. And there are some really wild parts too! Sometimes you're left with a question mark and you're wondering "did I really read that?" in
Elizabeth
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
War and Peas an odd, quirky, morbid, hilarious comic I found on Instagram. Being a fan of their work, I was excited to read this collection. I had read and enjoyed several of the comics in this collection, but there were some I wasn't familiar with. There are also certain storylines that develop over the course of the collection, and it was fun to read those comics in order. This is definetly not a comic that will appeal to everyone, but there is a lot to like about these comics. My personal ...more
Jess Smiley
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOL, LMAO, and ROFLOL. This collection of wonderfully wry comics celebrates everything I love about War and Peas. The grim gallows humor coupled with brightly-colored, endearing illustrations makes for an enjoyable wink at humanity. Thank you,War and Peas, and thank you Andrews McMeel!
Lau
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc, graphic
First of all, I'm really thankful for having been able to read this as an ARC.

I read it all in one sitting. It was truly funny. I found myself laughing out loud multiple times. The short comic format made it really easy to read, and I loved the dark humour throughout it.
Completely recommended to anyone who wants to have a fun time.
Irena
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
/I read this as an arc on NetGalley./

I was reading this comic on Tapas so when I saw there is an arc I had to read their comics again.
This is full of dark humor, witches, death, doggos.
This isn't for everyone and not all will find this funny. But for all readers out there with a dark sense of humor, this is the book for you.

But at the same time, some of the topics are drawn from everyday life and hard-hitting.
Nettie
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Finally a comic that isnt all smushy and cute. It very much appealed to my twisted sense of humour.
Vendea
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've received ARC from publisher via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers by Jonathan Kunz and Elizabeth Pich is a physical book version of War and Peas webcomic series that's still being published on authors' website. It's coming out in March 2020 in paperback form. Just as webcomic, it's in 4 panel format. It's totally not a read for everyone. I'd advise not to read it if you are under age of 18. It shows a very specific dark humour that might be
If you familiar with the web comic War and Peas, then you know the humor here, a very dark, oddly funny four panels, with the kicker in the second and last panel. The main characters are Death, a witch, a dog, a robot and ghost. There are a few others, but those appear to be the ones used the most often.

I didn't find myself laughing out loud to any, though I did find them amusing.

It is the sort of book you would give as a joke, to people with the same dark humor as the authors.

Obviously, people
Karen
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
War and Peas is the funniest collection of comics I have read in a while! I was laughing out loud the entire time I was reading it. The comics are unique and unpredictable. I feel that this is the kind of book where you immediately want to share it with other people. I highly recommend War and Peas if you need a laugh and want to read about life from different and slightly twisted perspectives. Thank you NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for providing me a digital copy in exchange for an ...more
Bexa
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
War and Peas is always a hit or miss with me having read some of their stuff online previously. Some of their stuff I find very humorous, other times I'm disgusted? with their work (disgusted seems to harsh here, but it's what I'm going with). I do find the art to be funny in it's simplicity, and I like the continual story lines. This is one of those that you have to read a few for yourself and see if you're willing to commit to the whole book.
Belle
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sadly, this book wasn't really for me. I did really love the robot, I thought he was adorable! But the bulk of the comics weren't to my personal taste unfortunately.

E-ARC received from netgalley.
Marjolein
3.5 Stars

Review will be posted closer to the publication date of March 3, 2020.
Sraah
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Man, if being famous and writing a comic book is this easy, I could do that. I don’t see what’s special or stands out about this honestly, just generic stuff anyone would’ve made. I mean.
sam
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The ARC of this graphic novel was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I've always loved War and Peas and it was so much fun to be able to read a collection of the comics!! They're usually very funny and relatable. I kind of want to read it again. If you need something to make you laugh, read this.
Patricia
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Most of them I had seen before online
Stephanie
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh this collection of comics is witty and funny and dark. They take beautiful unexpected turns that aren't really unexpected at all... I kept thinking, "Oh wow, you went there!" The book definitely worked for my sense of humor, or a sense of humor I appreciate.

I'm going to admit that I didn't like the cover and almost didn't read the book because of the cover (Yes, yes! So cliche!). Don't do that. Read the book.
Beth Younge
This was a fun little comic book strip collection. I liked the recurring characters that appeared in this and the sexy with was most definetley a favorite. This was a fun way to pass an evening.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Tomsky
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got one of the first books. It's nice to have something in your hand, not just to look at the screen.
Overall, I think the comics are excellent.
Always surprises and a profound black humor.
I like to take the book in hand and read 2-3 comics.
Amazing
Jeremy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Note: I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley.

I thought this was a great collection of comics. They were all funny, and I found the writing to be spot on. I kind of wished there were some essays in which the authors talk about the themes behind some of these topics (like the other comic books that have recently been released), but overall, I was quite happy with the book.

• That Can Be Arranged: A Muslim Love Story
  • Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • The Mrs. Frollein Collection: Small Hours
  • The Awkward Yeti Presents: How I Broke Up with My Colon: Fascinating, Bizarre, and True Health Stories
  • Everything Is Beautiful, and I'm Not Afraid: A Baopu Collection
  • Bird Brain: Comics About Mental Health, Starring Pigeons
  • Baby: A Soppy Story
  • Gudetama: Love for the Lazy
  • Les jours sucrés
  • Human
  • Long Story Short: 100 Classic Books in Three Panels
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • oh no
  • This Book Will Make You Fall Asleep
  • Black Canary: Ignite
  • 凸凹シュガーデイズ (Deboko Sugar Days)
  • The Magic of Mindset: A Journal to Get Unstuck