Start by marking “Heart of Flames” as Want to Read:
Heart of Flames

Heart of Flames

(Crown of Feathers #2)

Veronyka, Tristan, and Sev must stop the advancing empire from destroying the Phoenix Riders in this fiery sequel to Crown of Feathers, which #1 New York Times bestselling author Kendare Blake calls “absolutely unforgettable!”

You are a daughter of queens.

The world is balanced on the edge of a knife, and war is almost certain between the empire and the Phoenix Riders.

Like Nefyra before you,/>Like/>You
Expected publication: February 11th 2020 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Flames, please sign up.

Start your review of Heart of Flames
Eilidh
Apr 04, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: need-to-buy, arc-tbr
I have an e-ARC!!! This is not a drill, bookworms!! I have an e-ARC, it’s time to return to the Golden Empire and catch up with our awesome Phoenix Riders! ❤❤

COVER REVEAL! It’s bright, it’s bold, it’s brilliant... I love it! 😍🔥❤🧡
Nicki Pau-Preto has confirmed Crown of Feathers series will be a TRILOGY! Three books of this world, these characters, and I have zero chill over how EXCITED I am.
And now continues the long wait for the sequel that I need like Sev needs Kade... true story 😌
Reva Dawn
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So excited for this book!!!!
Holly Hughes
At long last, we have a COVER!! I have been waiting months for this day, and it’s here. It’s finally here! And it’s so beautiful!! The fire! The shadows and highlights! The orange and green that work so amazingly together!!

Honestly, how am I supposed to wait until February 11, 2020 for this?????? And how am I going to choose between CoF and HoF for who gets the glory of being face-out on my shelves?
Samantha Eck
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY CRAP WAS THIS EVER AMAZING! I absolutely love Nick's Worlds and her storytelling. It's rich and vibrant and this world was on I didn't want to leave. Her characters are well written and the plot of this second book was mind blowing! Seriously, this will be a book to watch out for next year it's mind blowing! I can't wait to get my hands on a finished copy!
Asia Chrisma Currin
THE COVER REVEAL IS ON MONDAY!!! I am so excited to continue Veronkya and Xephyra’s story!!!
Brianna Benton
I was given an ARC by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Wow this book was even better than Crown of Feathers! It's unusual for me to like the second book in the series better than the first but I love when it happens. This book is filled with more phoenixes and magical creatures and we get to learn more about the world, it's history, and the magic. I loved all the character developments as well as the developments in the relationships. There are a lot of slow burn romances in this book whi
Amanda Bradburn
So excited to see where Nicki Pau-Preto is going to take this unique story! I'm so looking forward to Heart of Flames (and DID YOU SEE that cover?) <3
Ally Crouch
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy wow!

Everyone needs to bow down to the greatness that is Nicki Pau Preto. When I read Crown of Feathers earlier this year, I was blown away and fell in love with the characters and the world that Nicki has created. Heart of Flames has completely dazzled me... and I am not someone who uses the word dazzled.

Heart of Flames picks up shortly after the ending of Crown of Feathers and takes off pretty quickly. Everyone is trying to adjust to life after the events of the pre
FWis
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Soon! I honestly cannot wait for the next book! This series gives me such nostalgic feels back to the Inheritance Series. its like a cup of warm tea.
The cover reveal was amazing and Im so excited!
Amitai
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since finishing the Crown of Feathers, I have been looking forward to this book every single day! Nicki Pau Preto has a unique writing ability to capture her readers in as soon as they turn the first page. Her world building is gorgeously outlined, and her characters grow in several ways throughout the book. I have no doubt Nicki Pau Preto will exceed these abilities in her second book. I can’t wait to read it!
lindsey
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Already know I’m going to love this 😩
Zahira⚡️
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my most anticipated releases!

I can't wait to read more of Veronyka's story and epic phoenixes battles!
If you guys haven't read Crown of Feathers, you can still do it before the sequel comes out <3
Sam Glasbrenner
This book was so amazing! I'm so glad I was able to get my hands on a digital arc.

Nicki Pau Preto managed to completely avoid the slow middle book pitfall and now I'm so mad I have to wait so long for the 3rd one.

It picks up pretty much exactly where Crown of Feathers left off and proceeds to go on a wild adventure. My palms were actually sweating at one point and a slight prickling sensation in my eyes may have occurred.
Kat
#HeartofFlames
Wonderful follow up to Crown of Feathers.
Brittany
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you know me at all then you know how much I absolutely loved Crown of Feathers earlier this year and how much I adore Nicki Pau Preto. I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of Heart of Flames and I will forever be grateful to Nicki because of it. Crown of Feathers was so good I didn't know how Nicki could possibly top it but she managed it, 100%. Heart of Flames is SO good.

I've seen some reviews of Crown of Feathers that claim they didn't like Ver
Liza Fraser
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an eARC of this book, and it was absolutely incredible! An amazing ride from start to finish, and the perfect follow up to Crown of Feathers. Nicki Pau Preto has done a wonderful job of building her world and her characters. The story is full of magic, action, and even some romance. This is the perfect book for readers who enjoyed Game of Thrones, and I cannot wait to see what is next to come!

You can read my full review here: https://bookishnails.home.blog/2019/1...
Grace
Oct 10, 2019
Sumaya Noorgat
rated it did not like it
Mar 07, 2019

• Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • A Book of Spirits and Thieves (Spirits and Thieves, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Warrior of the Wild
  • Amber & Dusk
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • The Bone Houses
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
Nicki is a YA fantasy author living just outside Toronto, Canada. After getting a degree in visual arts, a masters in art history, and a diploma in graphic design, Nicki discovered two things: she loves to escape the real world, and she isn’t interested in a regular 9-5 life. Luckily, her chosen career covers both.

Her YA fantasy debut CROWN OF FEATHERS is out now from Simon Pulse.

Crown of Feathers (3 books)
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • Untitled (Crown of Feathers, #3)