Start by marking “The Quarterback's Secret” as Want to Read:
The Quarterback's Secret

The Quarterback's Secret

Zach Taylor is in his prime. He’s star quarterback for his college and, of course, all the girls clamor over him. Life is going great for the campus star...that is, until his best friend’s little sister transfers to the school.

Zach remembers little Janie Fuller all too well. She’s the same girl who snuck around with him at night behind her brother’s back, and the same girl

To ask other readers questions about The Quarterback's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quarterback's Secret

ABookLover73
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
Four stars for Janie and Zach ❤!

🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the first book I've read by Kylie King and it was one quick read.

"The Quarterback's Secret" is a second chance, brother's best friend novella which is perfect for everyone who loves these two tropes and need something short and funny to read 😊!
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

The Quarterback's Secret is a short read - around 73 pages.  If you're looking for something quick to read during lunch or a little palette cleanser this one will do it.

I had conflicted thoughts / emotions in regards to this story.  It's great for a quick read.  One of my hang ups is that Janie seems to be a strong character outside of being around Zach.  She allows him to keep her / them a secret for years.  I would get tired of sneaking aroun
Kari Hansen
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zach and Janie had a fling when they were in high school however they kept it a secret as he is her brother’s best friend. It ended when he left for college and he avoided all further contact with her.

Zach is the start quarterback who can have any girl he wants but now that Janie is attending the same college he is determined that no other man will win her heart except for him. Will she be willing to forgive him for the past and how will her brother feel?

Short and sexy this novella doesn’t disap
Sassy Southern
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zach Taylor is the star quarterback for his college football team, who has no problem with the girls wanting to be in his bed, so he's a playboy obviously. Janie Fuller is his best friend's little sister, and the girl that he can't get out of his no matter how many random girls he sleeps with. See, Zach & Janie were secretly together when he was still in High School, and had plans to stay together once he was in college while she finished up High School. However, he cut off communications wi ...more
Carol | tilthelastpage
A short romance story between a star quarterback and his bestfriend’s sister. Janie and Zach fooled around in high-school before but things ended quite abruptly when Zach had to move out to college. It was some time later when Janie got transferred to Zach’s college and become the team’s water girl that he realize he still wants her to himself.

I thought this was going to be one of those stories that I come to love slowly. But it wasn’t. The pacing is off, the characters are one-layered, and th
Jackie D
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A case of hots for the college football playing brothers best friend with a steamy, heartachey past to go along with it!

Janie is transferring to the same college as her brother, on the surface, this looks like a great idea. She's closer to her brother, she can take her unique major... but the downside not many are privy too- is Zach is there. Her brothers best friend and the guy whom she'd developed feelings for then went to college, ghosting her breaking her heart.

Seeing Zach will be awkward, e
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Janie's dad pulled strings and got her into the same university that her brother goes to. This has pros and cons, one huge pro is the new school offers what Janie wants to major in, and the one thing in the con list is Zach. Zach is Janie's brother's best friend, but he also is the one that broke Janie's heart. Now, Janie is determined to just ignore Zach the best she can, but when Zach makes a point of putting himself in her way that makes it easier said than done. Z
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Kylie King (hi! last name neighbor!) is brand spanking new to me and y'all I'm always down to try a new author, especially when they make promises of steamy, short, fast-paced reads that'll hit you hard, hit you fast, and hit you deep. The Quarterback's Secret is Zach and Janie's story and a standalone novella that hit all of those promises and then some.

A second chance, brother's best friend romance that will warm your heart and leave you squirming in your seat.... this book was really
Reva Parks
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance romance that started at Janie and Luke's home when Janie was a sophomore in high school and came on to the school QB when he came over to spend the night with his best friend. But Zach went off to college with Luke, both on football scholarships, and quit replying to Janie's texts. A couple of years later Janie's father arranges for her to transfer to the same college and be the football team's water girl. King tells the story of what happens between the three of them: Ja ...more
Jackie Wright
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author and it certainly won’t be the last, if you love sports romance, forbidden love or second chance romance you will want to one click this quick passionate read. Zack Taylor is the star quarterback for his college team and life couldn’t be better until his best friends little sister transfers to the school. Zach and Janie have a past but up until now Zach has always walked away after all he should not be crossing that line, but Jamie is now an adult ...more
Connie
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a super sweet second chance at love. Janie and Zach had hooked up back in high school - without her brother (Luc), Zach's best friend knowing. He went off to college and tried to forget her. Fast forward several years Jamie ends up transferring to the college that Zach and Luc and playing football at. She was determined not to give into him, but failed miserably. I received an ARC of this book and have left an honest review.
Sharon Jones
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book ticks so many boxes for me. Sports romance novels are my favorite genre, so I knew before even reading the first word I was going to enjoy it.
Zach and Janie’s relationship is a forbidden smoking hot quick read. I loved it. Where it may be a quick read it certainly packs a whole lot of story inside.
Kylie is a fabulous author and I cannot wait to read her next book. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book.
LauraMichelle
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow I could not put this book down, I absolutely love the storyline and how Janie and Zack reconnected. I wish there were more pages in all honesty I loved it from start to finish, I would love to hear more about Mel and Brandon and Luke and Lena. I normally do not like books with all the secrecy but I really enjoyed this one. I loved how Zach went from being an absolute playboy to just loving Janie and there is definite steam in this book !! I would definitely recommend Kylie’s books there is n ...more
Karin
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet, super quick second chance romance. For a quick little read it was good. Janie had a thing for Zack in high school until he goes to college and ghosts her only for her to end up at the same school a few years later and the chemistry is still strong as ever.

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced readers copy of this book
Anna
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Quarterback's Secret was a sweet and cute read. Janie and Zach use to mess around in high school until he went off to college and things ended. Fast forward Janie's at the same college with her brother and Zach. Will she be able to forgive him for breaking her heart. And will her brother find out? This was a fun and lighthearted romance that I enjoyed.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zach was the typical man whore who slept with so many women he couldn't count them, and little ol Janie was a woman who was much "older" than her years. So when the 2 of them get back into reaching distance of each other, the sparks are ignited and boy do they burn HOT. Glad to see the ending was what I was hoping for.
Tina Morgan
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fast and hot read. You can read this in one sitting especially if you're looking for a quick read.  I enjoy forbidden loves and always think they are hot but when they get even hotter because of the way they are written that's even better!! And Zack and Janie are definitely hot!!! I definitely recommend this book!!
Ariadna Basulto
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Kylie King’s stories because they’re short, ultra steamy, and always hit the spot. The Quarterback’s Secret was no different. Loaded with over-the-top drama, plenty of steamy moments, and jam-packed with feels...not to mention the super hot hero that is Zach Taylor... this was the perfect quickie novella to get lost in. Four guilty pleasure stars.
A
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Janie and Zach’s story. I enjoyed reading about the hurt after Zach walking away and Janie coming to her own through her time at college. Zach’s possessiveness was fierce and sweet at the same time. It was nice to see the HEA in this well written story.... it was a fun read and one that i would recommend!!!
Caroline
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short read but an enjoyable one.

This second chance romance is Janie and Zach's story. Secret lovers in high school that lost touch when he went off to college, get a chance to rekindle what they had when she transfers to the same college.
Susanne
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really good book, and I loved this little quick read! A super Sweet second chance story!
Raveen Vann
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed Zach and Janie's story quite a bit. This is a second chance brothers best friend romance and completely had me falling in love with them a lot!
Emma Johnston
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick enjoyable read. Some parts I was unsure of and I felt it was very short. But enjoyable non the less
Taylor Freeman
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Linda Barrett
"Harmony and Love"
This is a good 3.5 star novella that you can read in a hour or two.
Janie and Zach have an interesting past and I really enjoyed reading their story.
It's short and incredibly steamy.
The epilogue was good too and was the perfect ending to the story.
Go buy/borrow it when you can.
Lisa Roberts
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great second chance Zach and Janie are absolutely all hottness while keeping a huge secret. We get it all forbidden, taking chances with a whole lot of emotion mixed in there. I really loved the characters and storyline was really good withvtge perfect ending.
Tammi
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a forbidden romance and Best Friends little sister is a fun one. The sneaking around, keeping secrets and guilt of not wanting anyone to get hurt.
This one had all of that and STEAM! This couple was HOT!
Now second chance stories are my absolute favorite...
BONUS this has that too!! Making it a book I devoured in one sitting.
A short, sexy easy to read book. Kylie King is a new to me author but will definitely be looking for more.
Yoselin Hernandez
rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2019
Kylie King is a soccer mom by day, and a writer of ridiculously fun romances by night. She loves reading, swimming, and mixed drinks that include lots of rum. All of her books are short and hot, with over-the-top fantasies that ALWAYS end with a romantic happily ever after.

Want to get all of my juicy bookish updates? Copy/paste this link in your web browser to join my mailing list: http://eepurl.c