Start by marking “Brand of Light (The Droseran Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Brand of Light (The Droseran Saga #1)

Brand of Light

(The Droseran Saga #1)

There's a price on her head, and it has everything to do with the brand on her arm.

Tertian Space Coalition has blessed every planet in the quadrants with high technology, save one: Drosero. But in spite of their tenuous treaty with the ruling clans, TSC has plans for the backward planet. And they're not alone.

After a catastrophic explosion, Kersei Dragoumis awakens in a
Published December 3rd 2019 by Enclave Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Brand of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brand of Light

Start your review of Brand of Light (The Droseran Saga #1)
Ronie
Jul 05, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
No rating since--hello--it's my book. But I did read it (for the second time) just this week as a galley. And I'm still in love with this story. :-D
Jane
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This book caught me right from the first page and I was hooked every page after that too. The characters, world, action, EVERYTHING was so so insane. Brand of Light is absolutely phenomenal!!

Each of the characters is so real and grabbed my emotions. They're so masterfully crafted and I loved or hated each character (as fit their role) so fiercely. It was like I was in the story and the intensity of that experience never wavered for a second.

Kersei was so realistic, and a perfect example of what
Merie Shen
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: space-sci-fi

Wwwwell. That was mind-blowing.

This is gonna be a long, lovely review, folks, so buckle up ;)

I really enjoyed this book! Ronie Kendig spins an absolutely amazing story. This is my first book by her, and it certainly won't be the last. For the first, I'm definitely following up on the rest of the series. For the second, her Abiassa's Fire trilogy sounds incredible and I'm gonna check it out after this.

But. On to this review.

Plot~ Omyword this storyline was so twisty and full and just
Megan
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, fantasy
“Brand of Light” by Ronie Kendig is the first book in the “Droseran Saga.” This space opera has plenty of action and suspense to please even those who don’t normally enjoy science fiction. It is full of adventure and contains a story of epic proportions!

In order to understand the setting of “Brand of Light,” think of “Star Wars” and the “Lunar Chronicles,” except with its own unique spin. Ronie Kendig does an amazing job with world building (I highly recommend you get a physical copy of the book
Marylin
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-reviewed
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars, but since that's the highest, I give it a resounding 5!
Now for my review:

“To boldly go where no man had gone before.”
“Long time ago in a galaxy far far away . . .”
These are taglines you think of when you think of spectacularly epic, space stories and movies. These lines will also go through your head as you read this book by Ronie Kendig because this will be a spectacularly epic book series, based in space.
When I first heard about this book, I
Lindsay Franklin
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the expansive worldbuilding to the rich cast of characters, I was a goner from chapter one. I loved every second I spent in this complex, beautiful, intense world. Ronie Kendig is a master storyteller, weaving scenes with intricacy, depth, and heart, while maintaining the taut pacing of a suspense novel. Wherever Kendig takes the Droseran Saga next, I'm there for it!
MJSH
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-tours, read-2019
"He never promised His ways to be easy, only true and freeing - but remember that your perspective is particularly one-sided. You know the pain, but not the plan or what will come to fruition."

I am absolutely besotted. Yes, I have been a fan of Ronie Kendig's writing since the Quiet Professionals series and have loved every one of her books I have read so far.... but this book tops the last one I read (sorry, Leif). How does the author continue to rack up more action, adrenaline, and
Fiction Aficionado
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Goodness.

Where do I even start?

I’m not a reader who naturally gravitates towards science fiction, much less space opera, but I AM a reader who gravitates towards brilliant storytelling, and that is what this book is. Completely, utterly, all-other-synonyms-for-100% brilliant storytelling. The kind of storytelling that sucks you in heart and soul before delivering an ending that simultaneously eviscerates you and leaves you begging for more.

Don’t say you haven’t been warned.

The
Necee
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No words for all the feels I had in this book. It’s a roller coaster ride through space full of mystery, adventure, and romance that has me begging for the next book. How to write more without giving away endings...

Masterfully woven storytelling, artistically gorgeous from the front cover to the very ending. This is an epic series in the making that will stay long with me through the years. I do not say this lightly... It just surpassed my expectations and flew to the top of my list of best
Steff W.
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was INCREDIBLE!! It’s been a really long time since a single book had me laughing, cheering, worried, chilled, angry, extremely happy, and also brought tears to my eyes. Brand Of Light accomplished all of the above and I’m dying to read book 2!! I’m not even a big fan of sci-fi but Kendig’s world building skills and talent for weaving an incredibly vivid story ensured that this book is now one of my all time favorites from her!!

Abigail
This book killed me. I am so emotional and in pain right now it hurts. Why?! I need book 2 now. I need that vision to come true and I need Darius to go die in a stickin hole.

Everything about this book is beautiful and painful. When people told me the ending was painful, I never realized how painful....I literally sobbed. Mrs. Kendig did a fabulous job with her plot twists but there was one that I wish never happened. I understand that it is for the best intention of this book but I honestly
Brittany
Wow! What a story! This is one of those sagas that wraps itself around you and pulls you into its realm. I generally don’t read science fiction or space operas, so it took me a little while to figure out the the jargon and set up for this amazingly creative world. But, once I did, and once some major events took place, I couldn’t look away. I had to know what happened.

This author is so good at creating worlds and making me feel as if these people and places actually exist, no matter how
Toni Shiloh
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had no doubt that Brand of Light would be awesome because all of Ronie Kendig's book are. My only concern was if I could follow the tech in a space opera novel.
Rest assured, Ms. Kendig makes this book captivating and easy to follow. I found each person's pov interesting and my mind was constantly trying to guess how everything is connected. I can't wait to read book 2 but I'm also nervous because of how book 1 ended (yes it's a cliffhanger type ending). But knowing Ms. Kendig's writing, I know
Kristen Tallau
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy. Slag.

Epic. Pure epicness. And now I’m sitting here crying at the fact I have to wait for the next instalment

All realness here...this book is gold. From the characters to the writing to the adventure, you’re taken on a trip that will remind you of the beauty of Middle Earth to the audacity of the best science fiction. Ronie Kendig has set the bar higher than ever, and you come away from this book knowing it.

I was given an advance copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my
Lynda Edwards
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was first introduced to Ronie Kendig's work through Trinity, part of her A Breed Apart series featuring military war dogs. I was captivated by her intense battle sequences, but also the very real characters who populated those scenes, and that led me to read more books written by her through the years.

With those compelling stories in my head, I decided to try something different from anything else I have read by her: science fiction. I grew up on Star Trek, and with teen readers in the house
Jasmine
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brought together through space & time by a brand...

If you were to look at my TBR stack(s) you would probably notice pretty quickly that sci-fi is not on my list of most-read genres. However, every couple of years or so I'll see one from a familiar, or at least recognized, author and I'll give them a try. Brand Of Light was one of those. I've only read one of Ronie Kendig's previous books, in a totally different genre, so I thought I would check this one out.

To be honest, I have mixed
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
BRAND OF LIGHT is the start of a new space opera series full of action and romance. The various peoples and planets are intriguing, the characters are easily likable, and the plot is non-stop from beginning to end. Recommended to readers who enjoy adult scifi and fantasy.

From reading previous books by this author I knew that she writes fantastic fight scenes and action. She did not disappoint. The action sequences were intense and well-written. I expected the plot to be totally engrossing and
Kelly Bridgewater
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a big fan of science fiction novels, but I LOVE Ronie Kendig's ability to tell a story, so I was really excited to read Brand of Light. I had no idea what I was stepping into when I read this novel. Kendig accomplishes the high fast pace of her novels in this book too. She starts the novel with an exciting incident with Kersei and then follows with destruction. The story made me want to keep reading. I wanted to know why Kersei ended up in the situation she was in. Why was it so ...more
Kara Peck
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t understand how someone can write so well every time and in different genres.
Kendig’s character writing abilities leave me stunned every time. Usually I’m a plot driven person and I can ignore the fact that not all characters come through as a different sound. With Kendig I get my cake and eat it too. Not only is it fast paced and edge of your seat but the characters are fully and well formed. I can see-or smell as it were- each person. Fully able to envision them. And then of course I
Inspirationalfictionreader
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is BRILLIANT! The worldbuilding, the characters, the storyline, the pacing, it is EPIC!! I was sucked in from chapter one and I barely put the book down. And when the story ended? I may have shouted “Nooooo!” I was not ready for it to be over and I really need book 2, right now! I’m not sure that I have ever wanted to read a sequel as badly as I want to read this one! I am dying to see what happens next!

I loved so many things about this story, but I’ll keep this review about my two
Shannon McNear
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I'm a longtime fan of anything Ronie Kendig, but it's because, y'all, her stories deliver! Action, adventure, deep characters, romance, tight storytelling--she pulls out the stops and hands over all the feels.

But with this one, she outdid herself. Richly textured worldbuilding, a hero (two, really) and heroine to cheer for, courage and integrity against all odds, and a story you won't be able to forget. If you're a fan of space opera (Star Wars, Firefly, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica), or
(Jenna) The Artist Librarian
Ever since Ronie Kendig debuted her first romantic suspense novel 10 years ago, she's become well known for her portrayal of multi-dimensional protagonists, especially those in the armed forces or military. In 2015, I was pleasantly surprised to find her publishing her first fantasy novel and was even more excited this year to learn about Brand of Light, since Sci-Fi novels in the Christian/Inspirational market are as rare as finding Jedi in the original Star Wars trilogy.

While the vast
Amanda
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was a very ambitious book and I had a lot of thoughts and opinions about it. At first I had a hard time adjusting to the writing style, the world, and all of the characters. At about 40 pages, I started to get used to everything and it flowed a lot better.

The plot is fantastic…it starts by feeling like a historical/fantasy story then quickly moves to a sci-fi space drama. It is a genre that I don’t often visit so I really enjoyed the ride.

The reader travels across the fictional universe
Becky
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
When I first started Brand of Light, I struggled with it. There were so many unfamiliar names and descriptions, and I struggled to keep everything straight. I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to keep going. But then I made myself a character list (something that would have been incredibly helpful were it included in the book), and I kept going ... and soon I was swept into the story unfolding throughout the pages.

There's romance, intrigue, adventure, and crazy-terrifying technology. The story
Nicole
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel so much right now.
Just stay in that corner Brand, stay there and think about what you put me through.
I am trying to write a understandable review.
Let me start at the beginning.
I never in a million years thought that I would ever pick up a sci- fi/ fantasy like this.
But since it was written by Ronie Kendig, I decided to go for it.
Her writing style did not disappoint. She can spin a story like crazy.
She sucked me into this other universe and I was unable to put this story down.
One thing
Kaley Rhea
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin? Like, is there a place here to upload just like nine hundred pictures of my face expressing EVERY EMOTION throughout the reading of this story?

The settings are rich--just entirely details-wealthy. And you learn about these (vastly different) worlds as you go. The writing is masterful--so much information shared without becoming burdensome or the journey a slog.

The characters are deep and varied and testify to the different cultures they come from.

The tone is gritty but still
Caitlyn Santi
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great sci-fi read that is perfect for Star Wars fans! Ronie Kendig combines action, intrigue, fabulous characters, and stellar world building in this excellent read!
I don't often read sci-fi or fantasy books, but I'm glad I gave this one a try! Brand of Light is definitely a book that will keep you turning pages, needing to know what happens next.
Kersei is a character that you just instantly like and you will be cheering for her from the very beginning, I know I was!
Brand of Light is a
Jenelle Hovde
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had to put everything on hold to finish this novel. Brand of Light is a fast-paced space opera reminiscent of Star Wars, especially the western-themed Mandalorian series. The Hunters in Brand of Light (contracted bounty hunters) work on a similar code of honor. Marco, who carries out missions without question, finds himself in quite a predicament when he is tasked with hunting the mysterious Kersei. Is she truly guilty of such terrible crimes?

The novel has a bit of everything. Mystery,
C.S. Wachter
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
I am not going to waste your time by rehashing what so many reviewers have already said about this book. I’ll just say another great read from Ronie Kendig.
Amy
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! WOW! WOW! And that is coming from someone that has no interest in fantasy or sci-fi or a space opera. Ronie Kendig has done it again. She scripted a masterful story with many twists and turns. The story caught me from the beginning but goodness, grabbed hold tight and would not let go as the story progressed! Holy slag! This book weaves a wonderful story that I have no doubt that sci-fi lovers and those who generally stay away from this genre will love! It is a long read but the story ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue #1)
  • The Dating Charade
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Heart of a Royal (Daughters of Peverell #1)
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Wings Like a Dove
  • The Amish Marriage Bargain
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • Smoke Screen
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • The Camera Never Lies
  • An Amish Christmas Bakery
  • Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls, #4)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
Ronie Kendig is an award-winning, bestselling author who grew up an Army brat. She married her own hunky hero, who’s an Army veteran. After twenty-plus years of marriage, she and her husband have a full life with four children and a retired military working dog. Ronie’s degree in psychology has helped her pen novels of raw, broken characters.

Since launching onto the publishing scene, Ronie’s