Start by marking “Made in Manhattan (Made In, #4)” as Want to Read:
Made in Manhattan (Made In, #4)

Made in Manhattan

(Made In #4)

Is there a second chance in love?

Isaac was kicked out by his family at a young age. It took him years of hard work to become his own man. Now he’s helping the LGBTQ youth of Lisbon so they don’t have to go through the same.

Max has a long and troubled past. An ER nurse in New York City who volunteers at the local Liberty Center, he knows what it’s li
Published June 2019 (first published January 15th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Made in Manhattan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made in Manhattan

Start your review of Made in Manhattan (Made In, #4)
Jess A Jaye
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am thoroughly enjoying Ana's Made In series. Made in Manhattan can definitely be read as a standalone but i do think you get more out of it if you've read the rest. I do love seeing previous MCs again and when side characters get their HEA.
We first met Max and Issac in David and Joel's book and I knew then that book was gonna a good one and I wasn't disappointed.
Their love story was a lot of the time bittersweet. They were destined for each other but there were a number of obstacles sta
Megan
A connection forged in a short time can fade when distance enters the equation. For Max and Isaac, their connection was strong, stronger than anything either man had ever felt before, but is it strong enough to overcome what lies between them? Misunderstandings, hurt feelings, and pride continue to thwart each possible reunion. It isn't until they lay all of that aside to get answers that they have another chance. Their trials aren't over, however, and they'll have to trust their new bond to wit ...more
Karolina Cebula
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-english, lgbt
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

*4.5 stars*

Two men, full of warmth and love, for whom helping others is a priority. The distance of about 5428 km that separates them and misunderstandings that make their loving hearts suffer constant tortures.
Max lives and works in New York, while Isaac runs an LGBTQ Youth Center in Lisbon. They met and fell in love a few months ago, and although it seems that their love came really close to finding its
Becca
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I was so happy to see Max and Isaac have more to their story. But when you get into this, there's pasts to deal with. Parents who kicked them out when they were teens for being gay, homelessness, AIDS, secrets, abuse. There's a lot that comes out in this story and it's a test of their relationship.
Max and Isaac get a chance to see each other again in Lisbon, when Max, David and Joel were there. But something came up, Isaac had to rush out and leave with a guy who was trying to stake claim
Kendra T
I am so glad that we got to see Issac and Max reunite and find a happy life together. It was so clear in Made in New York that they were a great pair. In this book, we see a little more about Max and his past, and we learn why he is so guarded. The story was great, and I loved all of the characters. We truly got to see them have an HEA which is what I was really wanting after their tearful goodbye at the airport in the prequel. This series is fabulous, and I am loving all of the books. I hope th ...more
Randall
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Long distance relationships can be sufficiently difficult to surmount when the only obstacle is distance. Max and Isaac, however, must also contend with how family rejection and past abuse/trauma have shaped the men they have become and they must discover whether their new love is strong enough to heal the scars of the past and become the foundation upon which they can build a future together.

Ana Newfolk has once again (following the Made in New York Christmas short story in which Max and Isaac
Sarah Jones
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5* Made in Manhattan is the second full length book in the Made In series by Ana Newfolk. It was the first I read in the series and can be read as a standalone, though the characters from the previous books make an appearance so if you get the chance to read the others first, you should.

This book followed Isaac and Max from their very first chance meeting in New York a year ago and their attempts to stay in touch and get to know each other more, even though they live in two separate countries
Alexleo
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max and Isaac are characters you will find in the first and third books of this series given that they are the MCs of the first and the best friends of the MCs of the third, so I really enjoyed reading their second chance story.

I must admit that at first I was a little bit confused about the reason why these two just didn’t get back together quicker, given the close relationship they have with David and Joel (MCs of the third book) and I found the motive somehow lame. But once Isaac moves to Ne
Kathryn Manzella
Made in Manhattan by Ana Newfolk is park of the Made In series and continues the love story between Max and Isaac.

They shared an amazing 48 hours in New York, but live in different countries. Mis-communications and distance seem set to keep these two men apart. But the connection they have seems set on bringing them together again, along with some help from meddling best friends. This time, the story will not leave you hanging.

The story is filled with wonderful characters, sweet moments, hot a
Mrs.V
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been dying to read more of Isaac and Max since reading about their first encounter in Made in New York, and then having a glimpse of them in Made in Portugal.
I love how the author decided not to drag their initial misunderstanding which led to their failure to keep in touch after their first meeting.
And I love how, as soon as they get back together and admit their feelings for each other, thay stand together as a solid unit to face anything that comes their way. Their love is strong and u
Shannon Tolen
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You first meet Max & Isaac in Made in New York, and then again in Made in Portugal. When Max and Isaac come together to help a NY teen reconnect with his family in Portugal, things heat up for the two. But what happens when Max has to return to NY after his week in Portugal? Will their budding relationship survive the distance?

OMG This book was absolutely fantastic!! The way that Ana Newfolk writes is spectacular! The main characters are well rounded with detailed back-stories that help the
Dixiecowgirl
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New beginnings, passion and creating a future filled with love. I really enjoyed the story of Max and Isaac. These guys have lost so much and this is a wonderful story of them finding their way to a future with love and a new family.

The story-line was engaging and the writing flowed well. I liked both MC's and was rooting for their HEA.

This is the fourth book in the Made In Series and can be read as a stand-alone.

I was gifted this book from Gay Book Promotions and i freely give my honest opin
Tanya
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am addicted to these characters for this entire series. I can't wait for more and each book is so different even though the characters from each book all entwine.

I was intrigued by these 2 in book 1 and their story that was waiting to be told. I don't think anything about this story could have been changed to make it better than what it was. It has also made me want to harass Ana for book 3 which she probably hasn't even started writing with the exception of plotting. lol
Virginia Lee
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book in the Made In. The characters in this story we get to see complex of the relationship and the up and down they going through to make them work for them. Issac and Max have meet many years ago and have been trying to make a friendship work over long distance. The antic of the cat in this story will make you laugh and keep the page turning. Can we see Max & Issac over come the the jealous and make their relationship work. Cant wait to see what happens next. Recommend this ...more
Lidia
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5 STARS
I was put out a bit by this story. I thought the was Isaac to put more strong foot in the plot, in fact his attachment to LGBTQ youth in Lisbon was so clear in the first pages of book, as his strong ties to his brother's family. And Max, I wasn't aspecting his tumultuous past and his too much fears of loss. But then the story goes through an unexpected twist and all make sense to end in a magic happy end. Sorry I not loved much Max not as Isaac, but as the former books I have love
Dara Nelson
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-blog
This was my first Ana Newfolk read and it definitely won't be my last. Second chance is one of my favorite tropes and this one clicked on many levels with me. Isaac was sweet and honest and even though Max was not as open as I would have liked (he definitely had me grinding my teeth a few times and growling), he eventually won me over. This one had strong feels for me and I'm looking forward to what's next.
Louise
Oct 21, 2019 added it
The mystery family!

Wow, hot steamy sex between two lovers that have had difficulties being together. With either living in New York or Portugal they needed to decide who was moving. Having mutual friends helped that also had to make changes to where they lived. Meeting Max & Isaac together again in the first book where Max was devastated after Isaac left on the plane, and then finally meeting again was excellent.
mrs sarah frost
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made In Manhattan
Story continues from Made In New York. Isaac & Max fell for each other over a weekend neither has forgotten. With the help of their friends they get brought back together for a second chance and after tackling some hurdles together finally get their HEA. Their love is strong and together they can't take on anything.
This book is full of sweet cute moments, mild heartbreak but most of all LOVE! Excited for next book.
Joscelyn Smith
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation of Isaac and Max's relationship

Yayyy!! I finally get to read the rest of Isaac and Max's story, it began with the short Made in New York. This is a really great addition to the Made In series, I enjoyed seeing them work to bridge the distance between them, both the literal and figurative distance.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
Anita
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We first met Max and Isaac in Made in New York and finally they are reunited after miscommunications and misunderstandings. The connection between these two is still there after time apart, and with the help of meddling friends and family, love wins. This is really well written with plenty of tender moments, laughs and of course love.
Melanie
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review
Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-gK7

For all our reviews, check out http://scatteredthoughtsandroguwords.com
Coral Mitchell
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max and Isaac both have troubled pasts, don't trust easily, and don't communicate well for all their accomplishments. They also live on two different continents, making a relationship difficult. An interesting, rollercoaster read. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
kathleen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made in Manhattan is a wonderful second chance romance. Watching Isaac and Max reconnect and work torwards a future together is amazing.
This story is full of wonderful moments, sweet and sexy times and amazing love.
I'm looking forward to more in this series.
Jennifer Reilley
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love this series and couldn’t wait for this book when I met the guys in made in New York.

We catch up with Isaac and Max longing for each other and realizing there has been some error in communication. When they see each other in person again the sparks sure do fly.

Can they figure out how to blend their lives when one lives in Manhattan and the other in Portugal? Will they both be happy with where they decide to stay?

What happens when you think everything is falling into place but you
Dudley Sneddly
May 07, 2019
Audrianna
Amy
Jan 24, 2019

• Come Back Around (Leaning N, #4)
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • What Lies Beneath (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Surprise Groom (Marital Bliss, #1)
  • A Dance Too Far (Too Far#1)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Terrible Things (Star Shadow #1)
  • Hay (Made Marian, #8.5)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • Destination Wedding
  • Indulge Me (Kitchen Gods #4)
  • Lost in You (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #3)
  • Last-Minute Walk-In (Irons and Works Novellas, #1)
Ana Newfolk was born in Portugal but has lived in the United Kingdom for so long, even her friends sometimes doubt if she really is Portuguese.

After getting hooked on reading gay romance, Ana decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming an author.

These days you can find her in front of her laptop bringing her stories to life, or in the kitchen perfecting her recipe for the famous

Made In (5 books)
  • Made In New York (Made In, #1)
  • Made in Portugal (Made In,  #2)
  • Made in Paris (Made In, #3)
  • Made in Lisbon (Made In, #5)