Start by marking “A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)

A Murderous Relation

(Veronica Speedwell #5)

Veronica Speedwell navigates a dark world of scandal and murder in this new adventure from New York Times bestselling and Edgar Award nominated author Deanna Raybourn.

Veronica Speedwell and her natural historian colleague Stoker are asked by Lady Wellingtonia Beauclerk to help with a potential scandal so explosive it threatens to rock the monarchy. Prince Albert Victor is
Expected publication: March 10th 2020 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Murderous Relation, please sign up.
Jan Finken
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kathryn I got my arc from NetGalley. You have to sign up for the site but if you can’t wait would totally try NetGalley…moreI got my arc from NetGalley. You have to sign up for the site but if you can’t wait would totally try NetGalley (less)

Start your review of A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
GIVE ME THIS JACK THE RIPPER MYSTERY WITH STOKER AND VERONICA DOING THE HORIZONTAL REFRESH NOW RAYBOURN!

I'M GOING TO START BURNING STUFF SOON TO RELEASE THE SEXUAL TENSION!

SIDE NOTE: I feel Veronica become proud of me everytime I convince someone to read the book and OMG I've gotten so many people into it! Ga!
Kristen
Dec 19, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
want it need it can't wait

description

2020 is much too far away, surely we won't have to wait *that* long will we??
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley, arc
11/20/19
It feels like I've been waiting forever for this book, especially since it's been over a year since I read the previous book, but now the publication date is close to being in sight!
Finally! A title and synopsis to my favorite and truthfully only non-YA mystery/historical fiction series I follow. Can't wait to be reunited with my precious crime-solving duo =D
Hannah

Update: A MURDEROUS RELATION!!!! Uuuuuuuggggghhhh I want this book so bad
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Loved! Review to come closer to release date.
Cindy Burnett
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Murderous Relation is a fabulous and highly entertaining addition to Raybourn’s Veronica Speedwell series. Cleverly written and chock full of witty dialogue, A Murderous Relation may be my new favorite book in this series. Raybourn delves into Veronica’s personal life and familial issues having her meet a few of her royal relatives and make some important discoveries about both them and herself. The story is full of smart twists and turns and kept me on the edge of my seat until I had turned ...more
Ella
Jul 21, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
HUHGHHHHHGGGHHHHH
TheYALibrarian
Just got approved an ARC by NetGalley I'm so fucking excited!!!! I need more Veronica and Stoker more than I need to breathe!!!!
Kari Ann Sweeney
Did I ignore my kids to survive on cereal, junk food, YouTube and Minecraft last weekend so I could inhale this book? Yes. Yes I did. Do I feel guilty about it? Nope. Not at all. Not even a smidge because I am a total Speedwell/Stoker super fan.

My husband said to me, "You know Kari- you may want to savor it since you'll have to wait a long time until the next book is published. And, well . . . I love you, but patience really isn't your strong suit." Well- listening to him wasn't my strong suit
Hypatia
May 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gimme-つ-_-つ
This series is such a pleasure to read. The plots are always engaging, the heroine can be counted on to deliver her delightful brand of smart Victorian sass, and the writing is as beautifully eloquent as ever, flowing like a dream. Seriously. I don’t think I’ve ever read writing that was more suited to its genre. My oNLy gripe, and this has stuck with me since the first book, is the progression of the romance. Raybourn ... CAN YOU KICK IT UP A NOTCH PLEASE. I’m pretty sure your entire reading ...more
Lucinda
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10 Stars!

Loved it so much! But I have a sneaking suspicion this might be the last book in the series because of those last paragraphs in the book (knock on wood I'm wrong).

Veronica and Stoker. What more can I say that hasn't been said about these two?

Their relationship has been developing for four books, now five. After the ending of book four, we know what they're ready for. We already know they loved each other, but they're also the most stubborn people we've met.

But the time isn't right to
Mimi
The cover is just beautiful. Can't wait to see it in hardcover in person.
Martha
Jun 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait till 2020!!! I binged read all of the Veronica Speedwell books. I NEED to read the new book especially if it will finally get Veronica to do the horizontal tango with Stoker. On top of it all JACK THE RIPPER !!! OMG I am going to hyperventilate again....
Minx
Dec 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I received a digital ARC of this novel courtesy of NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. Will post full review closer to publication date of March 10, 2020.
No Apology Book Reviews
I adore this series

My profuse thanks to Deanna Raybourn, Berkley Publishing Group, and NetGalley for allowing me to read a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No major spoilers, but I might have let a few minor ones slip through.

This book was awesome. If I hadn’t had a prior commitment last night, I’d have inhaled this book in one day. After reading the very first line—“‘What in the name of flaming Hades do you mean his lordship wants me to officiate at the wedding of a tortoise?’”—honest
Meghan
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Having read all of the Veronica Speedwell series and impressed with all of them, I had high expectations for the fifth installment A Murderous Relation and I must say the expectations were met and then some. Veronica and Stoker are on another mission for Lady Wellingtonia Beauclerk that mostly involves tracking and retrieving a
Betty Cruikshank
After their latest amateur sleuthing case, Veronica Speedwell and Stoker return to London to their vocations and a determination to define their relationship with each other. However, before they can proceed, they are called to Lady Wellingtonia Beauclerk’s home (Lady Wellie) where the Princess of Whales, Veronica’s step mother, implores them to recover an expensive gift that may compromise her son, the future king. All this occurs as the city is appalled and police are stymied by murders ...more
Bethany
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fifth book of Veronica Speedwell's adventures brings a dastardly villain from an earlier book back into Veronica and Stoker's environment. Several other returning characters make a show, as do some new Royals --and the infamous Jack the Ripper. Once again, though, the villain is thwarted by Veronica's quick thinking and cunning, Stoker's willingness for abuse, and the teamwork that Veronica and Stoker have with one another.

A Murderous Relation is still a delight thanks to the rapport and
Mahala
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received and ARC copy via Netgalley and I couldn't and didn't wait to read it. It was everything I wanted in this story and so much more. The relationship between Veronica and Stoker is so wonderful, add Lady Wellingtonia for a touch of drama and you have a great 5th book. I am assuming this is the end of the series based on some of the things that happened but we can always hope for another. I hope that Veronica and Stoker have more adventures to go on but we will see.
Leslie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received and ARC from Netgalley for an honest review.

Kristin
I gave this a three, because I enjoyed it on a basic level, but this book was probably my least favorite in the series. It was anticlimactic, as you discover the villain maybe halfway through, and very little sleuthing was actually done. The character development was also pretty thin. This book seemed like a connecting title that had to finish the threads from the last one and maybe lay some foundation for the next book. However, there was no apparent “stay tuned” related to a plot line.
Stacy Tomaszewski
I love this series, and it just keeps getting better! In this installment, Veronica Speedwell and her partner, Stoker, find themselves involved in a mystery that coincides with the killing spree of Jack the Ripper. Are they connected?

I love the developing relationships between the recurring characters in this series. I also really like the clever plots that bring something new to each new book.
Amanda
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
" Shall we embark upon our next adventure, then?"
He linked his arm through mine, "Excelsior"

Oh my goodness A Murderous Relation was simply wonderful. Stoker and Veronica find themselves in the middle of murder and deceit once again and I think it may be my favorite adventure yet. The ending was perfection for our heroes and a moment well worth the wait.
Krista
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raybourn again delivers an adventure filled with wit, action, and romance. Recommended for people who enjoy Sherry Thomas and Anna Lee Huber. Netgalley provided me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Pam
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best installment yet.
Leah
Nov 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Can I beg for an ARC of this? I haven't read a series that I have enjoyed this much in a long time. I am so excited for the next one.
Ashley Stringham
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this episode in the series. We get to meet some new characters and also revisit some we have previously met.
Joe Jones
Another great entry in this series! Don't want to do any spoilers. Just expect more action, humor, and all around fun as Veronica and Stoker try to solve a new mystery.
Breanna
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
For the last book in the series, this was kind of disappointing Full RTC! ...more
Leslie
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received and ARC from Netgalley for an honest review.

Wow! This was a hoot! I read the first in the series when it came out, and I have the others in my "to read" pile. I jumped at the chance to read this one. It was a fun story all the way around! I just love Veronica and Stoker, they are such a fun couple to read about. I love the background of the time period that this is set in. I hope this isn't the end of the series, as I can see a lot more adventures from this duo.

• The Widow of Rose House
  • Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts
  • The Sun Down Motel
  • Faker
  • The Art of Theft (Lady Sherlock, #4)
  • A Better Man (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #15)
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • Strange Practice (Dr. Greta Helsing, #1)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • The Swallows
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Lady Rogue
New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist Deanna Raybourn is a 6th-generation native Texan. She graduated with a double major in English and history from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Married to her college sweetheart and the mother of one, Raybourn makes her home in Virginia. Her novels have been nominated for numerous awards including five RITAs, two RT Reviewers’ Choice ...more

Veronica Speedwell (5 books)
  • A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell, #1)
  • A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell, #2)
  • A Treacherous Curse (Veronica Speedwell, #3)
  • A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell, #4)