Start by marking “YOU CAN'T HIDE (Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #4)” as Want to Read:
YOU CAN'T HIDE (Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #4)

YOU CAN'T HIDE

(Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #4)

Discover a crime thriller full of shocking twists by one of the most exciting new authors you’ll read this year.

YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE. YOU CAN NEVER HIDE.

Albert Tanner, vicious psychopath and burner of men, is in the USA with unfinished business. Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson and Detective Inspector Johnny Clocks must find him first.

Their task is
Kindle Edition
Published July 2nd 2019 by Joffe Books Publisher

Start your review of YOU CAN'T HIDE (Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #4)
Dita
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Buckle up!

Albert Tanner is one scary dude. A psychopath with burning proclivities, he has some unfinished business and no one is going to get in his way.

Patterson, Clocks and their crew work hard, and incidentally, against direct orders, to learn his connection to a slew of child deaths. This one is gritty and raw and page-turning.

#4 in a series, I sometimes felt a little outside of the loop but it worked just fine as a stand-alone!

Thank you to Steve Parker, Joffe Books and NetGalley for
Louise Wilson
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
DS Ray Paterson #4

Al et Tanner is a vicious psychopath. He's got unfinished business in USA. DS Ray Paterson and DI Johnny Clocks must hunt him down and bring him home. But a few events get in their way. Dragged into a world of high class sex parties, they discover an Albert Tanner they never knew existed.

There is a lot going on in this book. Paterson and Clocks are working with the FBI to try and find Tanner and take him back to the UK. The book is fast paced and gripping from the first page. I
Linda Strong
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

DS Ray Patterson, along with DI Johnny Clocks, Inspector Lyndsey Mullins and Wallace Young, former Commissioner of Police have landed at the New York City airport, planning to meet a couple of FBI agents. Their job is to track down Albert Tanner. He is a dangerous, savage psychopath who likes to play with fire.

Much to their distress, they learn that Tanner is somehow connect to a recent series of child deaths.

Paterson and his team feel they are being suffocated and prevented from going after
Alyson Read
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once more we hit the ground running in this, the fourth book featuring Superintendent Ray Paterson and his team from London. Paterson is young, extremely wealthy and until recently was on a fast track to the top, whilst DI Johnny Clocks (nicknamed Timex or Thrush) is the complete opposite, loud-mouthed and brash having come up through the ranks but a loyal friend for life if he decides he likes you. I love the pair of them! I mean, who cares if they are a little more "Sweeney" than "pc" and ...more
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is the 4th in the series and you can read it without the others, but, in order to fully appreciate the characters and the flow of the story I would say read them in order. I thought it a solid storyline and with the drama expected from Patterson and Clocks. I thought the characters were that fully developed and of a depth you can almost think you know them as real people. I loved the humour of Clock's, the down to earth, working class officer who has seen it all and done it all! I look ...more
peggy
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another in the Patterson and Johnny Clocks series. Fast Paced and full of humour and one liners. This is the fourth book in this series but you can read it as a stand alone. Saying that I am sure once you have read this book you will want to search out the others. To find out how this unusual partnership began and be thoroughly entertained at the same time. Almost five stars and highly recommended.
I would like to thank the author, publisher and Netgalley for the ARC.
Joanna Larum
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth in the Paterson and Clocks series from Steve Parker and I would recommend reading the first three in order to be able to enjoy this one to the full. Paterson and Clocks arrive in America, chasing Albert Tanner, the major criminal who has eluded them through the first three books. I love the character of Tanner with his theatrical dressing-up and his false eye, which he changes to fit the situation he is in. I love the idea of his ruby eye! Because of the work of Paterson and ...more
Aly
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This book was my first Steve Parker book and I enjoyed it! It was a good thriller and fast paced. This book is not the first book in the series I learned. But I still enjoyed it very much. Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson and Detective Inspector Johnny Clocks were good characters and I enjoyed the story enough I will probably go back and start at the beginning of this series. *This book was given to me for free at my request from Netgalley and I provided this voluntary review.* ...more
Jeanette
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'This is the first time that i have read a book by Steve Parker. This book had me turning the pages from start to finish, with plenty of twists and turns. Despite this being book 4 in a series, it really didn't matter. Fortunately i belong to Kindle Unlimited and will be able to read the other books in this series. Recommended.

My thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for my copy. This is my honest review, freely given.
Stephanie Jean
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of I’d like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I’ve read written by the names author and I highly doubt it will be my last. This book kept my attention, from the start; left me in suspense right until the end. Definitely on the dark side with a dash of humour, which I can only imagine would be challenging, considering the books plot. Now to hunt for more novels written by Steve Parker.
Books 'n' All  Promotions
Paterson and Clocks are back

Paterson and Clocks are back so settle down and be ready for an adrenaline pumping read.

This is book 4 and although the books work as stand-alone you will enjoy it more if you read them in sequence. Unique characters and engaging story lines with twists and turns all the way through make for an intense page turner that I highly recommend for readers who like dark thrillers.

Paterson is a wealthy upper class Detective Superintendent who rose through the ranks via a
Linda
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Exciting to the end
Once more we join Detective Ray Paterson in yet another nail-biting adventure, only this time the story is based in New York rather than the UK. The story starts with a big bang – quite literally – and goes on in a similar vein all the way through. There is plenty of action as Ray and his colleague, DI Johnny Clocks, go head to head with one of the toughest villains they have encountered so far. Following on from the previous book in the series, Ray and Johnny follow Albert
Samantha Thompson
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cheeky Cockney Johnny Clocks turns up at JFK with a psychopath to find. He already sounds like a nasty piece of work, mean to kids – and it gets worse – so although Clocks originally intends to do things the right way, all above board, things get tangled and he ends up doing it his own way.
Review
Now bearing in mind, I haven’t read any of the other stories in the series, so perhaps that was a mistake on my part, but when I first started reading I wasn’t sure if it was a parody-thriller book.
Ruth Matheson
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yet another gritty no holds barred novel from Steve Parker. As usual, his descriptive style of writing brings a reality to the book which may not be to everyone's taste however I do enjoy it. The graphic details of the victims sit side by side with the London vocabulary/accent of Clocks and in this book is funny, as himself, Paterson and two others find themselves in New York chasing down their nemesis Albert Tanner. Clocks' use of his vernacular bamboozles his American colleagues and frequently ...more
Angie F
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steve Parker's partnership of detectives Paterson and Clocks is a winning combination. This book sees the maverick cops head to New York to try to recapture crime boss Albert Tanner. A thriller dealing with criminals who are the dregs of humanity shouldn't be a place for humour but somehow this author manages to make it acceptable in a dark way. This is the fourth book in the series and although it can be read as a stand alone the reader will get a better understanding of the main characters if ...more
Brian Shuck
Book four is a well received gift and pulls no punches.

It's a credit to how well written these books are when I tell you I read them out of order, and isn't feel that anything is out of place.
Meet Paterson and Clocks two do the right thing coppers that would fit quite easily into the world of Regan and Carter. Perhaps they have a look of the flying squad running in their viens.
Book four finds the team over in the USA, chasing down nasty Golan from the burning men.
That's all I am,saying on the
ELENA
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting book. It's nothing like the detective stories I've read so far because in this one we get to know the killer since the beginning. The plot is fast-paced and intriguing. Many characters and names (which usually confuses me) but presented in such a way that you can tell who is who. It has this movie-quality that I liked. I'd also say that teachers can use parts of the book to teach students differences between American and British language and culture. Especially Clocks' dialect was ...more
MarylineD
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I want to say I liked that book but I did not, I didn't hate it though, I just wouldn't read it again.

"A RACE-AGAINST-TIME THRILLER WHICH WILL KEEP YOU TOTALLY ADDICTED" ? Not for me! Not a page turner.

British police go after a psychopath... I thought it'd be a great thriller full of suspense... Just not what I expected. I did like the language though and the darkness.

It is well written and the storyline isn't bad. I simply wasn't hooked.

ARC received through NetGalley. This is my honest review.
booklover BEV
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must gripping read

D.S. Ray Paterson and D.I Johnny Clocks. Their aim is to track down Albert Tanner. But a child is involved with a deal from Tanner. Its a race against time for these guys. I just couldn't put it down. It's was so good. It's action packed and I loved the character Clocks with a good sense of humour. It's definitely a must read to all thriller readers. The story keeps you in suspense and that's what I like from the author's when reading thrillers. Well deserved star's from me
maxine jackson
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

I have loved every book in this series & tried my best to wait patiently for the next book to come out. Love the characters, love the writing style & love the author. Eagerly awaiting the next book. Please tell me it will be released soon? Ray Patterson & Jonny Clocks, can't possibly be responsible for what was said in the final page??? These two are amazing, the sort of blokes I wish I knew.
R.L.
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
In this fourth in the series, Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson and Clocks have way too much bantering going on with their new FBI friends in America where they've gone to catch the escaped convict from the UK.

The ending was nice and full of action. There is still the puzzle that the DCI in London is involved with, so it seems there must be a #5 coming out.
d nield
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I have just finished the 4th book of the detectives Paterson & Cloçk series and I found them to be the best read's in a long time. Steve Parker introduced really interesting characters into the books. My only disappointment he seems to have ended with the storyline
David J Nield
Greta Halliday
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely thrilling book from start to finish that really does have plenty of “twists and turns” and the writing is first class. I cannot wait for the next episode that hopefully will answer the question left hanging at the end of the book. Thanks to Joffe Books for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
Tammy morse
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Was not all what I expect to read was a good read! I enjoyed it followed it well. They seem to think they could hide but they couldn't. This one I got confused with and had a hard time with I had to book the down and come back a day later. Then I could finish it.
T Olsen
Jun 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm really glad I didn't pay for this book (NetGalley), because there is absolutely nothing positive to be had here. Stupid British police go after a very sadistic pervert in a speculation of violence. Total nonsense, including simple facts like what RFIDs are.
Nerys Roberts
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson and Detective Inspector John Clocks are in New York on the trail of Albert Tanner. They’re working with the FBI to apprehend Tanner and take him back to the UK. As soon as hey arrive in New York it is clear that Tanner knows they’re there as an incident occurs at JFK airport - a series of fire bombs in rubbish bins all go off at the same time. This complicates things for Paterson and Clocks as now Homeland Security are involved as they believe this was a ...more
Gillian
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The tension grabbed me by the throat and kept me hooked to the end. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys reading a really good thriller.
Stuart Elder
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic book , couldn’t put it down , characters are great , can’t wait for the next one .
Michelle Debnam
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Very disappointed. Normally love these books and have read them all but this one left me feeling let down
Sandra Brown
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Patterson and Clicks on the rampage in America. Non stop action, non stop twists. Excellent read.

• I WILL MAKE YOU PAY
  • He Will Find You (Maddie Ives, #3)
  • Dead of Night
  • Watch Her Die
  • Silent Crimes
  • Two Victims (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 2)
  • He Knows Your Secrets
  • Vanish without Trace
  • PATERSON & CLOCKS BOOKS 1-3: three explosive crime thrillers
  • The Liar (Mike Croft, #4)
  • Darkness on the Fens (DI Nikki Galena, #10)
  • Fear on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery, #3)
  • Depth of Despair (DI Mike Nash #1)
  • Play Dead (DI Sam Clayton #3)
  • Revenge on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin mystery, #2)
  • The Farming Murder (Eric Ward #2)
  • The Woman on the Cliff
  • Killer on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery, #4)

Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson (4 books)
  • Their Last Words (Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #1)
  • The Lost Children (Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #2)
  • The Burning Men (Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #3)