Start by marking “The Stolen Papyrus (The Artifact Guardians #1)” as Want to Read:
The Stolen Papyrus (The Artifact Guardians #1)

The Stolen Papyrus

(The Artifact Guardians #1)

It's every archaeologist’s dream to explore the hidden tombs of Egypt. Unfortunately for me, my dream turns into a nightmare when Xander Harrison, a childhood friend who betrayed me, joins my team.

I came to Egypt to study the ancient past, not to be confronted with my own.

Besides Xander’s questionable motives for joining the excavation, I'm also convinced he’s the one res
Published July 16th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Stolen Papyrus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stolen Papyrus

Verity Buchanan
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Did you know you needed an archaeological romance-mystery on your shelf? Well, now you do.

Firstly, can we all take a moment to revel in the color scheme, composition, and blend of symbolism and action in this cover. !!! Such pretty!

The couple’s intimate pose, however, is misleading. It implies an acknowledged relationship that remains internally stable over the course of the book (and possibly, as another reviewer stated, that clothes are optional). Nothing could be further from the truth.

I’ve m
Kelsey
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So this arrived in the mail yesterday, and I made the mistake of reading the first chapter before getting back to work. I never got back to work, so thanks, Cate. 🙄

I ❤ romances, I ❤ mysteries, and (as my BA in Anthropology implies) I ❤ archaeology! If you are like me, you will ❤ this book.

Also it channels some serious The Mummy vibes.

Do not let this cover fool you! Something about that smoldering gaze makes it seem like clothing will be optional. Steaminess is set at a 3 out of 10: 1 being longi
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

I really really wanted to like this and I was looking forward to reading the novel after seeing all the rave reviews but unfortunately I just couldn't click with the story despite loving the "Mummy Return" vibes I got from this. This typical romance is the usual that I would seek out to yet I was having a difficult time connecting with the story and the leading characters. Sadly me and this novel wasn't a good fit and I had to bury this in my dropped pile.

Amelia Foster
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Stolen Papyrus is an extremely hard to categorize book for me. The best way I can possibly describe it is The Mummy meets National Treasure.

Leila sets out on a VERY exciting archaeological dig and is practically giddy and completely in her element doing so. But nothing can be easy for too long, now can it?

Enter Xander, a British Egyptologist (and let me clarify a super important detail, Leila is half Egyptian so when my man Xander waltzes up in the dig with all his swagger and confident know
Gina Urso
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had everything I look for in a good read, excitement, adventure, and of course romance. My stomach clenched wondering what would happen next as I found myself so caught up in Leila and Xander's lives. I just finished this morning and now I can't imagine what I'm going to do with my day without the promise of reading more at night. I'm hoping Cate M. Turner gets Book 2 out soon.
Cate M. Turner
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: sweet-romance
I think I'm on my 300th re-read. Yeah, it's that good.
Marnie
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
📚 📚 📚 Action and Adventure in Egypt 📚 📚 📚

I’d been looking forward to this book, and once started, I was firmly entrenched in the plot, needing to read it in one hit, even with a massive headache, it was that good.

To be honest, I was expecting a romance, because well, that cover! While it doesn’t induce any ideas of hot moments, it certainly does give the impression of some love going on there. Not so, however, this book definitely fits in the adventure / suspense area with some action thrown in.
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, contemporary
I was very nearly turned off this book when on my first Kindle screen I saw two words that were misused, the close-but-no-cigar type words. This did happen throughout the text, as if the author was grasping to sound either more erudite or poetic. This book did hold a few surprises but not of the good kind. The cover is a bit misleading. While there is a romantic element, it is relatively mild and feels minor compared to the rest of the story. Given that romantic feel of the cover, too, I wasn't ...more
Debbie Caswell
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes this is a romance but it is so much more It is a rollicking adventure story along the lines of some of the great archaeological story tellers that are more positioned as adventure stories But this one has it all

Our characters have lives of their own they don't fall in instant love they grow and mature as a couple during the story and they have to handle plenty of suspense and drama in the process

Leila is super excited to get a chance to join dig that could establish her name in archaeology b
Anu_Roy
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received the ARC of The Stolen Papyrus from Cate M Turner and although I had read this book as one of the early beta readers, I loved reading it all over again.

The story has enough twists and turns taking the reader on a wonderful adventure, parts of which reminded me of Indiana Jones and The Mummy. The characters are well rounded and flawed making them very realistic. Leila shows quiet determination and ambition while Xander plays the role of an intriguing archaeologist aka trouble perfectly.
Heather Wamboldt
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this exciting archaeological mystery. The characters were fabulous with lots of chemistry. There are a number of twists that will leave you guessing and the adventure is amazing.

I am looking forward to the next story in The Artifact Guardians series.

Eric Dabbs
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great debut novel by this author!

Wow! What's not to like? Egyptian pyramids...a discovery thousands of years in the making...and an intense character driven plot. The character and unfolding plot drama keeps you on edge, especially the way the author crafts her cliffhangers. Overall, the book was exceptional. Hard to put down, filled with suspense and danger. A highly recommended read. I look forward to book two when it comes out in the future.
Ritsert-Clark, Claudia
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read romances, but I'm a sucker for anything related to ancient history, archaeology, especially if set in Egypt. So, I came to this book from an angle, which might not be the one of a typical romance reader.
But then, this isn't a typical romance either. The whole book reads more like an adventure story for adults, with a romantic subplot and that worked very well for me.
Of course, they would find the tomb, but to work out how they would and what will happen when they do, kept
Urszula
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A missing papyrus that leads to a lost tomb. Egyptologists and tomb robbers. And some bad blood between characters. Good plot and action. Great reality and interesting background. All together good adventure and pleasurable read

Ash
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
It does not have romance. Told from Leila 's POV(Xander's POV was only half/one chapter towards the end). Xander also didn't feature that much in the book.
The book was interesting if you read it without expecting romance.
Holly
Vertrauteaugen
Jul 28, 2019
mary frances aamold
Jul 31, 2019
Cate is an adult mystery/suspense writer with a penchant for romantic sub-plots. Her debut novel, The Stolen Papyrus, is due to be released by Limitless Publishing on July 16, 2019.