Start by marking “Crossfire (Star Kingdom #4)” as Want to Read:
Crossfire (Star Kingdom #4)

Crossfire

(Star Kingdom #4)

For the first time in his life, roboticist Casmir Dabrowski is headed to another star system as an advisor for the Kingdom space fleet. He’s being given a chance to prove himself to King Jager by helping find the ancient artifact he inadvertently lost. It’s best not to think about what might happen if he fails...

But with technologically advanced astroshamans after the art
Published July 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Crossfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossfire

The Mysterious Reader
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: although we’ve never actually met, I totally adore Lindsay Buroker. I’ve read everything else she’s written, in all their varied genres, and loved them all. That’s certainly true of the Star Kingdom series, and most definitely true of Crossfire (Book 4). Roboticist Casmir Dabrowski and friends may indeed be caught between warring factions, but never fear, they’ll figure something out - and it will be spectacular. But for the fact that I’m literally dictating this review to my husband ...more
Richard T. Kotomori
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed series with good character development!

Multiple storylines and great action holds your attention in this book. Casmir learns that naivity and good good intentions can have both good an bad results. Kim and Rache are growing closer. Bonita and Qui learn dealing with pirates can be dangerous. I look forward the next book.
Norman Partington
Beautifully crafted yarn

Characters are interesting, their interactions are amusing and enthralling, politics is fun ( a critique of the pros and cons of a monarchy included)
The cliffhanger finish always enjoyably annoying, lol.
Who will end up running the system , I am tipping Casmir, with Rache/David as his peacekeeper
A.M. Scott
Wonderful

I love this series and this novel didn't disappoint me at all! Inventive, fun, snarky and lots of adventure with unlikely heroes, and some reminders of unintended consequences. Looking forward to the next one.
Alice L Parry
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crossfire stands the Buroker test

I always assume that each time I pick up one of Lindsay Buroker's books, it will be a very pleasurable read. This one is no exception. Totally enjoyable and touching all at the same time. I'm never disappointed and don't believe anyone else will be either. I recommend everyone needs to read them all!
David Wongwai bad
Greate

I am really enjoying this series. Can't wait for the next book. I hope we get more of these books.
Rob Mueller
Great story

This series is so full of people with issues to overcome and action packed events! It is fun to read about the characters and the story is great! Can not wait until the next book is out in September!!
Peter Rijs
Very entertaining indeed,

and working toward a "clash between the good and the bad". Good description of developing human relations and a nice touch of humor. No hard cliffhangers, although the books can definitely not be seen as standalone reads. And a certain captain cosying up to a certain roboticist . . nice turn of events . .
Robert m. Patterson
Excellent

Excellent work
Love the humanity, people need to read more books that give alternatives to war and killing. What's wrong with being nerdy?

Carole S.
Action packed series!

Crossfire was just as exciting as the other books in this series! The plot was well thought out and kept me interested the whole time! So glad most of the major characters were included and are continually evolving! Looking forward to the next book!
Julie Cobham
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great follow up to the other books. Dialogue excellent, characters well drawn and believable. Plot wonderful with 2 cliff hangers here with Qin and the astroshamans so roll on September for the next instalment.
Jane Edmunds
Love these characters

Throughout this series, the characters have driven the narrative, easing you into an affectionate familiarity with their quirky personalities and reasoning. Great storytelling at its best!
Charles F. Shirley
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Author

Good reading, great storytelling, author has a rye sense of humor and a gift for the appropriate quip. The characters are clearly drawn and have evolved throughout the series. Author has written “Steam-punk”, Fantasy and Sci-fi, all good. I like the space opera series’ the must, try them you’ll like them.

Sincerely

C F Shirley, fan.
Bob Truman
Truly original space opera

I find myself slowing my pace when reading cause I don't want to finish too quickly. Once again I am caught up with an empty feeling .
Can't wait till September ,
Monte Huebsch
As good or better then the previous 3

After finding this author I purchased her Dragon series. While enjoyable she has really grown as a story teller and this fourth book in this series did not disappoint. I’m hooked and can’t await the next book in September. I read this one in a day! Brilliant.
Marti
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series! Our intrepid roboticist rides again! Casmir, Kim, and Rache are wonderful characters. The plots are fun and interesting with lots of exciting action. I can hardly wait to see what happens next!
Elizabeth
Love the direction!!

I'm loving the direction this story is heading!! I can't wait until book 5 is released. The personalities and relationships are blooming
Susan
Great read

This was a good read, with some good character development, but I need more Bonita and Qin. They are two of my favorite characters.
Sherry
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am really loving this series! It's well written and the MC's are interesting and complex. I could see it being a movie series, as long as it was done correctly. I look forward to the next story!
Francesca
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Casmir and Kim on another flight in space. Almost all the usual people are there. Lindsay Buroker left us with a bit of a cliff hanger and that makes me a little frustrated.

I’ve thought, for a while, that I could like Rache and Ishii. This book with me closer to liking both of them. Asgar and Zee got ‘deeper’ with their personalities.

Overall, there’s a lot of moral complexity in this book and I really appreciated it.
Patrick
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very funny but not silly

There are so many interesting people in this story and they keep getting more fully developed. Dabrowski is the best in some ways and the blend of comedic space opera with realpolitik is kind of mesmerizing. The other characters are also being increasingly squeezed between the reality they wish that they inhabited and the forces that are pretty much determined to demolish their individualism. It's a tough place to be and the humor reflects a lot of how people actually re
Karen
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Gate

This KU library selection is a great addition to the Star Kingdom saga. Casmir and Kim are again pressed into service by the king and find themselves in a different sector on a space station that is going through civil war. And while the next book, book five, unfortunately isn't out yet, there are two threads left hanging. That leaves lots of fodder for another engaging story about the "rogue roboticist" and his unlikely allies.
John W McKinney
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great series.

Having just finished the 4th book in this series, I was disappointed that I would have to wait for the next book. This is a great series with plenty of action and superb character development. The dialogue contains humerous undertones even as the the discussion turns serious. Kim and Casmir make a great couple that will never be. All in All very well written, hard to put down and deserving of a warm fire on a cold night.
Alexis Campbell
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crossfire

Lindsay, you never disappoint (except when you end a book). I have a good imagination and I try to figure out what happens next. I guess my imagination is not that good because I am always surprised and intrigued when the new book arrives. Keep penning those fantasy and science fiction books because I'm loving them.
Jed
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun. Delightful characters.

Lindsay’s books shine when she has great characters. This series is feeling as good as empowers edge. The m thoroughly enjoying it and would definitely recommend it to friends. There is plenty of innuendo but it isn’t crass or offensive, just amusing adult jokes that are probably more suitable for adults than children. Thanks for the book Lindsay!
L
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Another wonderful update to the series - I’ve always loved Buroker but this is smart and witty with all the techno humor and links with science, religion and politics! Character development was also amazing, with us learning more about everyone - Casmir and Rache etc. Well done!
Looking forward to the next in the series.
Barbara Bush
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stupendous

Just WOW! I applaud the author/writer. I want this series to go on for 24 books, at least far enough to discover the children of all the main characters!!! I have read few series that make me wish it never ended, hmm maybe Heinlein. Read it you absolutely won't regret it.
Pam Resner
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Intrigue abounds as the main characters attempt to complete the task given to them by the king. But questions begin to arise as to the kings true allegiance. Does he want what is best for the kingdom or for himself?
Jennifer Roth
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed and amusing

So much happens in this book, and yet there are plenty of major adventures in the way. This prolific author is promising another book in a little over a month. I can hardly wait!
Connor Scott
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished residing this yesterday having read the 4 books back to back, now I must wait patiently for number 5! Luckily I hear its out soon so the author must write quickly as 4 only came out a few days again! Brilliant book and love zees developing personality.
I'm a professional blogger by day and an indie fantasy author by night. Evenings belong to the dogs, tennis, and books.

Star Kingdom (4 books)
  • Shockwave (Star Kingdom #1)
  • Ship of Ruin (Star Kingdom #2)
  • Hero Code (Star Kingdom #3)