Start by marking “By Hook or By Rook (London League #4)” as Want to Read:
By Hook or By Rook (London League #4)

By Hook or By Rook

(London League #4)

The most dangerous journeys...

Jeremy Pratt is a spy for the Crown, and one of the best. He had been in more dangerous situations than he can admit, and has always come out unscathed. But escorting his colleague’s cousin home to her family, even in disguise, just might be beyond his skills, and the temptation beyond his ability to withstand.

May be ones of the heart...

He

Published July 1st 2019 by Phase Publishing

To ask other readers questions about By Hook or By Rook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Hook or By Rook

Melissa
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to read this one and I was so excited. I have LOVED the London League books. All are unique and have such great stories. Jeremy and Helen's love story was awesome. It was so different, he is a spy so he can't be his true self around the Ton of London. Helen thought there were sparks between them but Jeremy must retreat from the one woman who truly sees him through the disguise. There were some fun moments in this one. Moments you dream of in a good romance:} I love Connolly ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Fun read and good set up for the next book, which I’m really looking forward to reading. Likable characters and a pleasant read. Full review to come.

Content: Clean romance, mild language and violence
Christina
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book in this series!!

I have really enjoyed each of the books in this London League series, and this book was right up there with the rest. The author does such a fantastic job with the mixture of danger/suspense in the regency era along with a sweet and swoony romance. After reading the first three books I have been so excited to know Rook’s story.

Rook, or Jeremy Pratt, is the newest of the spies for the Crown in this series, although he has been working as such for a few years. Hands
⭐⭐Richelle
I seriously can not say enough good things about this series, I LOVE it! The mystery and intrigue continues to unfold with each book as more and more layers are discovered.

I love the playful banter between Helen and Jeremy. I won't give spoilers, but one of my favorite moments happens with both of them on either side of a closed door. It was such a sweet moment. I think that was the moment when Jeremy became very endearing and I just loved him.

Also, I must admit I loved when he gets to interro
MJSH
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
“Was that an equation there? Happiness plus security multiplied by love equals matrimony? Because I can tell you, that’s not how it works at all.”

4.5 stars!
Rebecca Connolly has a witty, clever, and delicious way of writing that will make you laugh, ache, and feel as the characters and their relationship are being developed. This is book 4 in the London League series but can be read as a stand alone. The author does a great job of pulling in the important historical information from the previous
Shale
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great addition to the London League series, with passionate romance, adventure, danger, secrets, and stupidity in the name of love. (isn't always?)

Helen is on her third season and escapes to York because she kept giving hints to one Mr. Pratt who was acting like a dunce and didn't court her or anything. Stupid men. Lo and behold she figures out the man accompany her is the very person she was leaving!

Gent asks Rook a favor-- to accompany Helen to her destination because the road to Yo
Emily Yager
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the London League books and was super excited to get to read this one as well. I can honestly say that I LOVED it just as much as the others. So all good things here.

While this book is about a spy, who just happens to meet the girl of his dreams while working a job, there is plenty of adventure, actions, and more than a few fun, humor filled moments blended in as well.

This is another clean, and fun historical romance/intriguing spy novel worth the read.
Meagan Myhren-bennett
By Hook or By Rook
London League #4
By Rebecca Connolly

Someone has managed to uncover the identity of the members of the London League and it has put their families in danger. When the Gent needs to send the favorite cousin of his wife to the home of her brother he enlists the aid of Rook.

Jeremy Pratt is less than thrilled to be escorting Miss Helen Dalton from London to York. It's not that he has any problems with Helen Dalton other than the fact that he enjoys the time he spends in her company t
Kai
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
By Hook or By Rook is the newest installment in the London League series by Rebecca Connolly. I love this series! There is a thread that continues through every book in the series, but the book can be read as a stand-alone.

Jeremy Pratt (Rook) has been interested in Helen Dalton for over a year, but it has never gone beyond some casual flirting in the ballrooms. When Jeremy is asked to protect Helen from a suspected attack during a journey to her brother, he reluctantly agrees.

Rook and Helen have
Suzie Waltner
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This was actually the first book in Rebecca Connolly’s The London League series I’ve read and even though it is the fourth book in the series, I did not feel at all as though I were missing out on something.

Jeremy Pratt is one person while in society and quite another when he’s alone. As a spy, his life and livelihood depend on him playing the perfect part. When he’s asked to escort Helen Dalton across England to her brother’s home, his acting skills fail him because somehow, Helen sees
Janene M Petersen
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Rook's turn to fall in love**

What I liked:

• The author draws you into the lives of Jeremy and Helen with her descriptive, emotional and physical language that she uses in her writing.
• The description of locations were well done and it was easy to visualize and feel a part of the scenes.
• The banter between the characters was witty and humorous.
• The supporting cast of characters added dimension to the story and they played active roles in this book.
• The pacing of this story was good. It was
Maria Thomas
I enjoyed this book like I have the others in the series. I liked the main characters and rooted for them to be together. Their little flirtations were cute. Especially the shin kicking. (Doesn't that sound romantic?) I guess I maybe should have expected it but the end of the epilogue totally surprised me. What a set up for the next book!

Maybe I'm just not remembering specifically from the other books but this one seemed to be more detailed when it came to the violent parts. I would have prefer
Megg
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The suspense of it all!!!!

I have loved this series, and that says a lot because I have read the “arrangements” series by Connolly and adore all of those characters. She is a masterful story teller and I love how she weaves romance with fantastic plot twists and story lines. You will not be disappointed in this book, you will only be disappointed that the next one isn’t out yet!!! I know as an author you’ve got lots of projects going, but for the love, hurry it up!
Miriam
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good!!! 💕

Loved it! Helen is still single after 3 seasons. She liked Mr Pratt but nothing came of it. Jeremy Pratt is a spy who likes Helen a lot but doesn't think romance and spying can mix. Then Jeremy accompanies Helen to York and sparks (and bullets!) fly!
Cannot wait for book 5!
P Lynne Adams
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Spy Queen

This series has been phenomenally good and this one did not disappoint. Hooked and gripped into the story in an instant. Me. Connolly always has a few surprises mixed in with her HE A. Can't wait for the next book in the series. Her books are keepers!
Caroline
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth in this ongoing series (which is somewhat a continuation of the Arrangements series), but this is the first time a story has ended on a cliffhanger! I have a feeling this book and the next will feel more like parts 1 and 2 when all is said and done.
Kemi Ola
Jul 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Boring but necessary

Book 1 in Gent was good. Book 2 was the best, 3 was ok. This one was a waste. I say only read it so that you can understand more about Trace. Rook and Helen's story is non-existent and is reduced to a trip to York and 4 paltry conversations
Silverscarf
I love Rebecca Conelly's books so much. And the London League series is my favorite of hers, so I'm always excited for a new installment. And I think this finally may have knocked A Rogue About Town off its pedestal as my favorite which was not easy, I really love Rogue's story. But this... This was amazing. This was so swoon worthy, a term I do not use often, even for books I really love. Rook, is such a lovable hero, and the angst he puts himself through when realizing his feelings for Helen w ...more
Jenn
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean, ebook, romantical
Not my favorite of the series but still enjoyed it a great deal. It actually seemed kind of short to me and not a lot of spy action type stuff happened. Looking forward to the next one in the series.
D'anah
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

Another great tale in the series. I love these stories. They are full of danger, fun, intrigue, wit, great verbal sparring, and more. Can't wait for the next one!!
Emily-Rosse
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed in this one...in the second half of the book anyway. It felt like a transition between books, like a side-story. But i love rebecca connolly sooooo- 3 stars!
Dolly
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE all of your books. Can't wait for the next one.
Jessica
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. The fourth book a continuation of the London League. Though I was sitting down when I finished, I was jumping up and down. No spoilers here!!!
Beth
Jul 02, 2019
Robin
Jul 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I was born once upon a time, and I started making up stories right away. Eventually, I started writing them down, and never stopped! I have a day job, which gets in the way of my writing, but it pays the bills so I CAN write, so I guess that's okay! I am a bookworm, which I think is key to being a writer, and I am always looking for inspiration! I live in Indiana, am obsessed with hot chocolate, a ...more

London League (4 books)
  • The Lady and the Gent (London League, #1)
  • A Rogue About Town (London League #2)
  • A Tip of the Cap (London League #3)