Start by marking “Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)” as Want to Read:
Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)

Kozart

(Savage Beasts #1)

Kozart Savage is the world's biggest rock star. At twenty-five, he's got it all. Money. Fame. And the adoration of fans everywhere. He thought that was enough to make him forget his past. Enough to transform his distrusting heart. Turns out that's not how it works...Then he meets a bridesmaid hiding out in a hotel bar. Probably the only girl on the planet who doesn't know ...more
Published July 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kozart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kozart

Start your review of Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
Dali
If you’re looking for a book the seamlessly blends wit, steaminess and the appeal of college romance, you can’t go wrong with Kozart, J. Nathan’s latest title.

Kozart Savage is a bona fide rock star. Looking from the outside, he has everything. Unfortunately all the fame and fortune that comes is not enough to fill the gaps in his soul. Until he finds the only woman in the world who doesn’t know him but makes his complete.

After finding her boyfriend infraganti, at her sister’s weddin
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

A great friends to lovers story. Kozart had a sh!t childhood and Aubrey had a sh!t night. As their friendship develops so does their love. Of course, there has to be rock star drama thrown in, but love conquers all in the end. I wonder if the author has any plans for the rest of the group or for her friends to get HEAs.
Deborah
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it

This for me is the perfect example of a 3* read.
It’s a nice easy, enjoyable book. It has likeable characters and a feel good ending.

While as a rule I’m not a fan or rock star or sports star romances. The blurb for this intrigued me.

Like I said it’s a nice easy read. I never felt I’d really got to know either of the characters, especially Aubrey.
At times when Kozart opened up about his past I truly felt for him.

“Why not?” He shrugged. “It’s mine. And I do/>“Why
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Very good new adult rockstar romance

I completely enjoyed this romance between jaded rockstar Kozart “Z” Savage and college student Aubrey who meet in the bar at a hotel after Kozart starts getting sick of the rock ‘n’ roll party, sex with groupie lifestyle and Aubrey finds her boyfriend cheating on her at her sisters wedding with another bridesmaid.

Aubrey is a bit drunk and is a Country music fan so she has no idea who she is talking to, and Koza
The Book Bee
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"I want to text you every day and talk to you every night."

The minute I read this synopsis, I knew I had to read it. I am always looking for the next rockstar book to make me fall in love with the genre again. Some are hit and miss, but I keep coming back for more. Well, I feel like this hit every rockstar fantasy that I could think of. Grand gestures, a realization that you're the one, being swept up in the whirlwind of a high profile romance. I loved it all!! I am still smili
Tracy  C
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I really enjoyed Kozart and Aubrey's story. It was such a good mix of humor and heartache. Especially Kozart and his past. His character progression was great. I just had a problem with the plot point that caused the angst. It seemed pretty unrealistic and weak to me. Music fans don't really care if the musicians are in a relationship. I'm just glad he finally came to his senses and realized he is allowed to live his own life.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Because he would break my heart. Maybe not purposely, but it was inevitable."

As I've come to expect from this author, once I started reading putting the book down was no longer an option. She threw me right into the scene where Aubrey gets rescued by a rock star at her sister's wedding, without even realizing who he was. Even if he had told her, she still wouldn't have known who he was. I'm sure that's where the attraction started for him. How refreshing it must have been to not be groped by groupies but
Shannon
Kozart was a great take on the rockstar story. I liked that this was a bit different, a bit sweeter than many of the books you’ll find in this trope. Kozart, the man, isn’t your typical manwhore rock god, who thinks he’s God’s gift to women. Yes, he pretty much holds the world in the palm of his hand, but he needs more than the fame, fans, and fortune being in a band brings him.
Enter Aubrey. When Kozart meets Aubrey, someone who has absolutely no idea who he is, he realizes what his life has be
Aly
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I loved this book! I've read J. Nathan's For You series and really liked it, but this blows those out of the water! Kozart and Aubrey were amazing characters, well developed with great chemistry. The back and forth narration was done so well and my heart broke for both of them. Aubrey is such a strong female and her sarcasm was fun. Kozart is sexy and sweet and I totally fell for him. I highly recommend this book!
Paula White
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

I love a rock star book and I really enjoyed this one. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. Kozart and Aubrey meet - she has no idea who he is and she was mildly drunk after finding her boyfriend with someone else at her sister's wedding! What begins is a friendship that develops in to something more. Kozart has had a troubled life and Aubrey just gets him and they get on really well. Then comes along the obvious need for them to split - ma
Nancy Metsch
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book this was. Let me start by saying J Nathan is a new to me Author and I really loved my first book!!!
I was really looking forward to reading it after I had the blurb. And what I found while reading was how real and raw both Kozart and Aubery were. Being a super star isn't all Rainbows and Unicorns and for Kozart things were starting to get old, that is until he meets Aubery. I. LOVED. that she dodn't know who he was.
I cannot wait to see what others think
Rochelle
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good rock star/sort of friends to lover’s romance. Aubrey and Kozart meet in a bar where she is trying to drown her sorrows over her ex-boyfriend who she just caught cheating. She doesn’t know who he is at first but when she finds out it doesn’t matter because she likes him for who he really is not his on stage persona. They start as friends and then it builds up to something more. I loved the chemistry between the two characters. I can’t wait to see what comes next from J. Nathan. Yo ...more
Michele
4 1/2 "Sleepless" Stars!

Kozart....new rockstar story....yes, please! Let me just say that I inhaled this yummy little treat in one day.

Kozart and Aubrey seemed to meet at the perfect time for each of them. She had just found her long time boyfriend cheating on her and he was tired of the casual easy and empty sex found in the rock'n'roll lifestyle. They meet in a hotel bar and she doesn't know who he is which he is intrigued by. She's a country music fan and doesn't listen to anythi
Lula Pantoofle
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, rockstar, college
This book was given to me free in exchange for an honest review

Jeeez who would have thought I’d read 40 rockstar romances? It’s official. I seem to love this trophe. My favourite is when the girl has no idea who the rockstar is. This is a perfect case of this theme.

Aubrey is having the crappiest day ever and is solely focused on drowning her sorrows. I loved that Kozart’s presence pissed her off at the start. The banter was pretty good from the get-go.

I loved the ‘i’ll add that to my dating
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

J. Nathan is still pretty new-ish to me but everything I've read so far has been brilliant and this fabulous book might just be a top read for me this year. Y'all I'm a huge, huge fan of rockstar romances... they're like kryptonite for me with the bad boy rocker and the unassuming girl. Give me one that's a little different and outside of the normal cookie cutter ones already out and I'm hook.. line.. and sinker.

Nathan completely knocked it out of the park with th
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Where are all my rock star fans?? Y’all need to one-click Kozart right now. Seriously, go, I’ll wait . . .

So you’re back—good, now heed my warning: I planned to read a chapter or two around midnight the other night. Just a little reading before I finally closed my eyes for the night. Well, those eyes didn’t close until 3 am because I couldn’t drag my eyes away from my Kindle. I had to know what happened with Z and Aubrey.

From their adorable meet-cute, through their trials and tribulations
Zilpha Owens
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first J Nathan and I loved the way she pulled me in with this one. A rockstar and a college student? How perfect and yet how difficult for it to work. Yet it was a great mix of the famous and vulnerable rock star and the girl that would capture his heart. Their banter and differences played sweet music together. This was a terrific read!
Karen
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I so wanted to love this book. This author has written books that intrigued me but this fell flat. The premise is like so many rockstar books.... rock star and an average young woman.... There wasn't any unusual angst but an ex boyfriend (no real problem,) and manager/publicist who watches his image.

So average rating for not great but good.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Words can’t begin to describe the beauty of Kozart and Aubrey! Their story was a crazy one for sure and would set the tone for how things would go! It was instant attraction but definitely took time for the trust and love to come! Aubrey wouldn’t give her heart again to just anyone and kozart not knowing what love is to begin with definitely needed to take his time! The thing was that once they opened their hearts to hope there was nothing else they needed but each other! Only problem was no one ...more
Annie Brewer
Every J. Nathan book I pick up, I fall in love with. This one was no exception. Plus I love rock star books!! Kozart and Aubrey's journey will have you swooning and rooting for them. It was a fun story with enough angst to keep you reading on, but with a perfect ending. Well done!!
B. C. Booklover
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I noticed this book when it 1st came out, knew I had to read it soon and finally dove into it today. Yay!!! Rockstar romances are a personal favorite of mine so when a friend with similar interests also recommended it, how could I resist??

The opening pages drew me right in as Aubrey, a bridesmaid at her sisters wedding, is found drowning her sorrows after literally catching her long time boyfriend in a very compromising position. One that is unforgivable.

Kosart 'Z' Savage finds this
Char (1RadReader59)
The rock star Kozart knew he was coming to the end of his partying days. Ever since being a kid in foster care he has never been able to sleep more than a couple of hours at a time.
So, when he wakes with two blondes in his bed, he knows it’s not his best moment. He gets dressed walks into the front room of the suite and lets the band members know, who are still partying after the concert, that he is going out.
He arrives at the hotel bar and sits by a young woman who appears distressed.
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
I was so used to J. Nathan’s sports romances, that when she came out with this rockstar romance, I thought there’s no way it could be better than her sports series. I WAS SO WRONG!

Kozart was leading the life every musician dreamed of having–women at his disposal, music playing off his fingertips—but it wasn’t enough for him. At 25, he was getting tired of the same old song (no pun intended) and dance routine and wanted a change.

Meeting the girl in the pink dress at the ho
Doris
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rock vs. Country

When a rock star walks into a bar he sees a woman face down on the bar with a frilly dress and heels to match what is he to think? How about that said woman was at her sister’s wedding and she catches her boyfriend with another of the bridesmaids and only to make it better her boyfriend is now her sister’s brother-in-law. The setup is great especially when Aubrey is full of sarcasm which always seems to be on the funny side. The banter between Kozart and Aubrey gave m
Christy Almeida
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just WOW.

I read a lot of NA books. I find them to be light and fun and it's a great escape. J. Nathan takes her NA books to another level, though. When I download a new J. Nathan book I know I'm gonna smile and fall in love with her characters, but more than that- I know I'm gonna get such depth of emotion. I know I'm gonna read a book that will stay with me for a long time to come. Kozart by J. Nathan totally exceed my already high expectations.

Kozart starts out wit
Thuy Taylor
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first J. Nathan book and I really enjoyed it! I went in pretty blindly and could not put it down. I don't typically seek out rock star romances, but this blurb pulled me in.

Kozart and Aubrey meet, when she just witnessed her boyfriend cheating on her. She meets Kozart but she doesn't really know who he is, which intrigues Kozart even more. This book has gave me all the feelings. Lots of laughable, sweet, swoony, frustrating, emotional moments. I loved these moments they s
Tracey Fandre
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My first J Nathan book but certainly not my last!!!

This was FABULOUS!!! I've read a few rock star romances and have enjoyed many of them. This one was different and in a really refreshing and good way for me. Sometimes it is nice to read a rock star romance where the guy isn't a druggie. Yeah, he admitted to sleeping with groupies, but from the moment he met Aubrey, he seemed more like a "normal" guy who happened to be famous. It made the story more believable and I thoroughly enjoye
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

J. Nathan is a writer whose books I discovered very recently, I love her new adult ‘For you’ series and ‘Kozart’ is the first book of hers that I read that isn’t part of this series so I was curious about it. And the fact that the story is about a rock star, made me even more curious and excited. And now that I have read it, I’m very happy to say that I enjoyed this story also very, very much.

‘Kozart
Heather andrews
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked Aubrey the girl was entertaining you never knew what was going to come out of her mouth, “I did ?” Laughter burst out of me. “Even when I’m drunk I’m awesome.” Kozart is just a smart***, “well, right now, I’m liking having you pinned between me and this window.” Kozart isn't one to share, “I’m thinking you won’t be needing that profile anymore. Unless you wanna see me kick the *** of any guy trying to get near my girl.” I liked this book, I loved Kozart.
Heather 123
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
It was cute...I'm not usually a fan of young adult romances, so I think that played a huge part in me only giving this book 3 stars. I felt the characters at times were immature, but they were college age so I think it's probably on par.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
New Adult Book Club: #52/19 ~ Kozart by J. Nathan COPIES ALL GONE 63 95 Jul 22, 2019 05:29PM
Romance Retreat: Kozart - NA Rockstar Romance Excerpt #2 2 6 Jul 15, 2019 06:35AM
Romance Retreat: Kozart Excerpt 6 10 Jul 03, 2019 11:58PM
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate profile pages for 1 author 4 13 Jul 03, 2019 09:11AM

• All I Want (Paradise Beach #1)
  • Game Changer (Change of Hearts, #1)
  • The Bad Twin
  • Man Feast (Bergen Brothers #2)
  • Big Puck (Size Matters #6)
  • Idol (Price of Fame, #1)
  • Severance
  • Christina (Daughters, #1)
  • Loving Juniper (Smoke Series, #3.5)
  • Living Hell (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • I Hate You
  • The Game You Play (Rixon Raiders, #2)
  • Maxed Out
  • Dare
  • This Is Wild (This is, #2)
  • Thirty-five and Single
  • Reunited with Love (Shattered Hearts Duet, #2)
J. Nathan is the author of new adult and sports romances with cocky heroes and sassy heroines. When she's not writing, she's a total romance junkie! Add an alpha male who's unlikable in the beginning...even better. She loves watermelon margaritas, guys in backward hats, country music, the summertime, and her amazing family and friends.

Readers Group: bit.ly/JNathanReaderGroup
Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/jnathanauthor
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2brF0xz
BookBu

Savage Beasts (2 books)
  • Treyton (Savage Beasts #2)