Start by marking “A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes (Book 2)” as Want to Read:
A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes (Book 2)

A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes (Book 2)

The Love in Provence characters are celebrating a glorious spring on the Côte d’Azur. There are sweet-smelling blossoms, buds bursting into bloom, explosions of golden mimosa, dazzling sunshine, a shimmering sea … and a worrying disappearance!

A hidden past is uncovered and shocking truths are revealed. But life goes on. Kat and Philippe welcome their first B&B guests
Published June 19th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes

Bambi Rathman
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bienvenue à la Villa des Violettes! Welcome to Villa des Violettes! This is a charming and delightful read that I loved very much! I felt like I took a return "vacances" to Côte d’Azur and reconnected with friends I couldn't wait to visit! Kat and Phillipe are the perfect host and hostess to take me through the pages of this book. I love their love story!
It was very exciting to be a part of the opening of their B & B along with their first guests. All of Kat's and Phillipe's friends are inv
Gail
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given the opportunity to read an early copy of this gem. I have not read the Love in Provence series or the first book in this series yet. I usually do not like to read the latest in a series if I haven’t read the earlier books, but Patricia Sands does give you enough information to still make the book very enjoyable. I also felt that I should get this read and do my review in a timely manner.
In this book, Sands makes you feel that you are with the characters in the beautiful countryside
Annie McDonnell
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meeting up with Katherine and Philippe again is like unwrapping a gift! I was so excited to have them back in my life again. Their B&B is getting ready for guests, the dogs are running around, the kittens are playing, and the grounds are starting to bloom. Simone is next door baking goodies for breakfast!

Once again, I was swept away on a mini vacation as I visited the South of France and visited with some old friends that I have missed!

This story is full of the same excitement and enchantmen
Karen Komarinski
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot express how much I love this series and it’s characters. I feel at home & apart of this eclectic family. I have connected to Katherine since book one. Life has settled down and Katherine is going through pictures that everyone had shared from her first holiday celebration. Now her Philippe are getting ready to host their first official guest staying at Villa Des Violettes. Life is hectic, Katherine is getting ready for her next show at the gallery, plus she is excited to experience ...more
Carla Suto
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A SEASON OF SURPRISES AT THE VILLA DES VIOLETTES by Patricia Sands is Book 2 in her delightful Villa des Violettes series. I loved Book 1, THE FIRST NOËL AT THE VILLA DES VIOLETTES and couldn’t wait to read more about Kat, Philippe and their friends and family as they celebrate Spring on the Côte d’Azur. Kat and Philippe receive their first guests at the newly-finished B & B and find themselves very busy entertaining and planning some special trips for the two of them. However, the troubling ...more
Laurie
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightfully wonderful story that is the sequel to "The First Noel at the Villa des Violettes”. The setting is in France with Kat, Phillipe, their friends and their new B&B that will be opening.

Some mystery and suspense as young Delphine is missing without a word to anyone. Where could she be and is she in harms way?
The friends will come together near and far to assist with her search!

My favorite character continues to be Simone. Her wisdom, grace and charm in her ninety's is pure love a
Carol Deegan
A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes is another wonderful book by Patricia Sands. She continues to bring to life all the characters I’ve come to think of as friends. It is intriguing to follow Kat and Philippe on their adventures. Sands’ descriptions of the landscape makes me feel like I’m right there! It is hard to put down, and the pages fly by! Don’t miss out on this fabulous book!
Serena Soape
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book !!!! I read both of the books in this series but they do not have to be. Kat and Philippe, ahhh I felt like I was traveling right there with them !!!!
Highly recommend this book and the first book and the Promise to Provence series is another fantastic Series that will take you on more adventures through France!!!
5 plus stars.
Jeanne Maliner
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous book. The sights, sounds, and even smells jump off the page into your heart. The descriptions of the Carnival and the mimosa flowers is outstanding. One can believe they are in France as they take this journey with the characters. The side stories are wonderful and engrossing. There is mystery and romance. This is a wonderful escape from a rainy Ohio.
Linda
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Life’s greatest happiness is tho be convinced we are loved.” From A SEASON OF SURPRISES AT THE VILLA DES VIOLETTES

Patricia Sands tells a story that makes you feel you are there. Right in the middle of a whole other country. While I have no idea what any of the French words are or what they mean they are a bit easy to figure out from the conversations.

Kat and Phillipe have a love story that transcends the ages. They have a home that helps many people enjoy the countryside. Their friends are alw
Keith Sickle
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author Patricia Sands once again does a wonderful job of sharing with us the sights and sounds of the magical South of France. Her description of day that Kat photographs golden mimosa flowers in bloom, for example, is especially vivid. As someone who lives part of the year in Provence, I can only tip my cap to Sands and her ability to share with us the people and places that make this corner of the world so special.

This is a book about family, friendship and love. It’s a fun, quick read, perfec
Jacquie Gauthier
Patricia Sands writes absolutely charming books, and her idea of following characters we know and love through the seasons of their first year of marriage is a winner. The series picks up where the Love in Provence series ends, so we get to be there as Kat and Philippe mold their happily ever after. Of course life throws curves, but with these two and their marvelous entourage, nothing can go too terribly wrong. Sands' gift for description brings the Cote D'Azure to life by engaging all of your ...more
Jane Coward
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner from one if my favorite authors!

It’s always nice to reconnect with old friends and spend a few delicious hours in France! Thank you for a great read, Patricia. And for spreading the word about human trafficking, which is so important to learn about these days. Delphine is such an interesting character and we’re so glad you’ve brought her into this story.
Karen
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, this is book #2 in the Province series. Kat and Philippe continue with the B&B. This book brings out how friends are important in life. It delves into sex slavory with young girls. The dogs, kittens, Simone baking and painting add to the charm. I love the way she describes the foods native to France. The wines, champagne and cheese make you feel like you want to be there.she describes the countryside of France with the seasons and then all the flowers. I read this straight through. I ...more
diane wight
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There needs to be more stars to rate this book. Kate and Phillipe are on another journey in life. Tragedy hits hard but the outcome is good. Dont want to give any spoilers but it was worth the wait. Now to wait for the next one.
Judi Easley
Jul 10, 2019
Andrea Stoeckel
“No matter what obstacle or heartbreak is put in our paths, we alone choose to be happy. No one else makes that choice for us.”

With everything surrounding Katherine and Philippe as they come close to their 1st wedding anniversary, their long held dream of Villa des Violettes as a small guest inn is about to come true! They’ve hurdled many obstacles but the time has arrived. But will they be successful?

Between their friend Delphine’s disappearance bringing a world wide horror almost to their doo
Denise
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author, Patricia Sands continues too capture me with her finely-stitched, subtle, yet meaningful stories, rooted in the South of France, on the Côte d'Azur.

A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes (Book 2) will take you on journey to it's corner of the world~ full of tradition, it's beauty and its abundance of love for not only its culture but it's people.

Full of secrets and surprises, the narrative bursts with the signs of Spring as our dear friends, Kat and Philippes' first guests arri
Susan (The Book Bag)
I loved Patricia Sand's Love in Provence series and I love that she has taken two of my favorite characters from that series and enriched their stories. This book takes us back to the Villa des Violettes for another beautiful season. Everything is starting to bloom and the Villa is welcoming their first guests.

With this book, we get to know the characters even better, as well getting to know more about the people they have come to care about and love. Kat and Philippe are such warm and loving pe
Peggy Lampman
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book revisits a Patricia Sands series, "Love in Provence", which I haven't read. But it made no difference as this book was a lovely stand-alone read. I did, however, read "Drawing Lessons" by Ms. Sands and, once again, was transported to Southern France. Poignant sub-plots dance around the context of a couple opening up a B&B in the Cote d'Azur and, as in "Drawing Lessons", I love the attention paid to food-- such an important piece of this culture. I plan to back up and read her Prove ...more
Sally Masek
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE Patricia Sands' Books - I've read them all and do NOT want them to end!! Fortunately, we are able to follow our two favorite characters, Philippe and Katherine, and their friends, who now feel like MY friends, thru out Provence!! You can taste, feel, and smell the scenes she has put out there for all of us! I also love the intrigue/mystery she weaves in with the everyday French lives!! Where, oh, Where will she take us NEXT??!!!
Lynn Paterson
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A totally delightful and charming story of two B&B Innkeepers in France. The story will capture your heart as it takes you on their heartwarming scenic adventures throughout the countryside. Family & friends intertwine in relationships and join together to celebrate together. Love the friendship of Katherine and Simone and how they share advice and break bread together on several occasions.
Christine McKenna
Barbara
Jun 28, 2019
Joanne
Jun 25, 2019
Bestselling author Patricia Sands lives in Toronto, Canada, when she isn't somewhere else, and calls the south of France her second home. An admitted travel fanatic, she can pack a bag in a flash and be ready to go anywhere … particularly the south of France. With a focus on travel, women’s issues and aging, her stories celebrate the feminine spirit and the power of friendship.

Her award-winning 2