Start by marking “The Starlight Quest” as Want to Read:
The Starlight Quest

The Starlight Quest

(City of Wishes #5)

Cinderella retold: Fae, vampires, shifters, and a Godmother who’ll grant you any wish—if you pay the price.

After finally receiving the one thing she's wanted for so many years, Elle sets out to pay the price demanded by the Godmother: she will travel through the Never Woods and complete a quest that will—if the Godmother's shocking story is to be believed—change her li
Published June 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Starlight Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Starlight Quest

Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
I knew I'd enjoy this one, but I didn't realize how much! I was excited to read an advance copy, which does not affect my review, and this review is voluntary. Once again, this series had me up late into the night to finish it, and I couldn't be happier! I'm always up for a good challenge, trial, quest type story, and this one had each of those! I loved seeing the characters work to solve the problems they faced in this one, and I totally called the 'shifter' part when I started reading this! I' ...more
Siobhan Yilmaz
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, Elle gets more entangled in the godmothers plans after saving Dex. His darkness is gone, but now Elle has to complete a quest in return for the wish.
I won't spoil anything, but the quest is so freaky! It may be difficult, but part of me wants to go on it too.
Again, I flew through this episode in lightening speed in a hurry to find out what happens, only to be disappointed when I reached the end - in a good way...I need more!!
Candace Barnard
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again this is a gripping ride! Elle now has a new price to pay and this time she can't do it alone. This penultimate episode sets up the final episode beautifully with a few secrets uncovered and a life changing wish. I cannot wait to see what the final episode brings.
I will be chomping my nails in anticipation!
Sabrina
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, the tests and trials just don't stop! After granting Elle another wish, the Godmother sends her on a quest, but this time it's something Elle actually wants . Except she is sure there will be a catch at the end, there always is with the Godmother.
I'm really looking forward to the final instalment of City of Wishes.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Another fantastic installment to this fantasy retelling. Our fearless heroes embark on a new quest full of dangers and magic. I enjoyed the twists to the overall story and can’t wait for the final book!
Diane Lynch
Shelves: ebook
Rachel Morgan’s THE STARLIGHT QUEST (City of Wishes #5) is enchanting. I cannot get enough of this retelling of the Cinderella fairytale. In this segment, Elle sets out on a quest as her payment to the Godmother for her freedom.

THE STARLIGHT QUEST was exciting from start to finish. Elle enlists the help of a few friends to join her on her quest. She discovers more about her past. She experiences a lot as her life dramatically transforms. All the while, we are still not certain of the Godmother’
Blaire Hammond
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Starlight Quest by Rachel Morgan Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I am absolutely obsessed with Rachel Morgan. She is a phenomenal author with wonderful stories to tell. Getting to read these installments, not only that, but getting to read them early, has been a wonderful experience for me. This is the 5th book in the series (well, installment!) and boy was it good. I could not put it down, I just had to know what was going to hap
CrazyCat (Alex)
Finally! Finally it seems that Elle and her friends are gaining some advantage in the game the Godmother is playing. I still can't decide what to think of the Godmother. But she can't be one of the good guys, right? Not way she is playing with everybody like a puppet master makes it hard to see good in her. I would love to go on a quest like Elle. I don't know where I would find a vampire, a shifter and a fae to accompany me, but if this would be a possibility I would look hard to find me some n ...more
Chris
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elle is free and Dex has been saved and cured from the Darkness but can Elle afford to pay the price for that wish? If you love a fantasy story that has the misfits teaming up to go on a quest to obtain some magical item then you'll be happy with this part of the story. Elle must take Dex, Astrid, Alissa to the Never Woods to obtain magic for herself. The big question is why is this the payment the Godmother asked for? The Godmother is planning to take the throne but how does Elle having magic h ...more
Caroline
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To start with I’d just like to warn fellow readers that this is the fifth part in a serialized story, so you should have read Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 first, and this part ends in a cliffhanger. Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get on with the review.
The fifth installment of City of Wishes, The Starlight Quest, finds Elle and her friends going on a mysterious and dangerous quest to fulfill the terms of the wish made to the Godmother to save Dex’s life.
This story is so interesting in that it har
Lori
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book and volunteered to review it.

Elle, Dex, and some of their friends are going on a quest (duh it says it in the title) to get Elle magic, which was thought to be impossible, because like vampires, they're thought to not have magic. Well the godmother said they once did, but everyone has forgotten that.

Elle is now also free of the slave charm, but the fear and the memories of her abusive stepmother still haunt her, and cause her sine troubles on her ques
Staci
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

Oh my stars!! The plot thickens as the Godmother explains to Elle about magic and that at an earlier time, humans once possessed it. "What was she saying about stardust? We're all made up of it in some way, so we're all magical."

After making a deal to save Dex, Elle gets thrown into the Neverwood for a quest. Everyone has heard the nursery rhymes about the dangers of going into the woods but now Elle is forced to face th
Brittany Smith
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this episode Elle gets even more embroiled with the fairy Godmother. After making a wish to save Dex she finds herself in the middle of a quest. The objective to acquire magic for all humankind, the cost-their life or sanity (possibly).

I absolutely loved this episode. I flew through it even though I wanted to savour each precious page. The characters are brilliant and well developed, and the attention to detail is spot on.

I am sad to see it coming but I’m so excited to see the ending! One m
Jan farnworth
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth part of this serial Cinderella retelling by Rachel Morgan. In this part of the story Elle has gotten herself entangled with the Godmother. She has used her wish to saved Dex from his darkness sickness. Now Dex is well and whole but Elle is still stuck in her enslavement to her evil stepmother and she has no way to rescue her step sister. In order to continue on she must complete a quest for the Godmother and who knows what the fall out from this will be. I am totally in awe of ...more
Siobhan
Shelves: ebooks, read-review, 2019
I know that these books are relatively short but I felt like I flew through this one in no time. There were a few parts I would've liked a little longer but this didnt take away from how I enjoyed the book.
I am really keen to know how the series ends, even though I don't want it to end.

You'll happily breeze through this one in no time and be excited to start the next one.

On an unrelated topic, this book gave me Peter Pan vibes. I'm not sure if it was because of the name of the forest, but now I
Arin Barry
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t know how Rachel does it? I’m constantly at the edge of my seat while furiously debating if I should take a break and savor this episode or just read nonstop to find out what happens. I don’t know why I do it, because I always end up reading it in one sitting XD

Rachel has created such interesting, compelling and complex characters, I basically want a book dedicated to each of them (the Fairy Godmother being my favourite character, so a book from her POV would be amazing 😉)

I’m so amped for
Shanice Singh
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After wishing for her freedom and Dex's health, Elle is forced to pay the price. This time the Godmother requires her to go into the Never Woods and complete a quest that will change her life.
I was on edge throughout this book just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
The Never Woods reminded me of The Hazel Wood. It had the same creepy but compelling atmosphere about it which I enjoyed immensely.
I especially liked how things seemed to be looking up for Elle for once.
This was a really quick, well-
Reena
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the events of the previous episode, Ella, finally free from her stepmother's slavery, has to embark on a quest to satisfy the condition of the Godmother's granting her another wish. The plot thickens, astounding revelations come to light, questions are answered and more questions arise, while Ella with her friends enter a magical forest in search of something that could change the world.

An excellent addition to the series, fast-paced, well-written, with great descriptions and well-develop
Jennifer Dunski
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ho-lee stars....each book gets crazier and better than the last! I absolutely adore Elle, Dex is definitely charming and all these additional characters are making the series so much more incredible!
The storyline is so amazing that I'm starting to feel like I'm apart of the series and the world building is just as spectacular! Rachel Morgan is a wicked genius and this series just proves even more why I'm a fan for life!!!
Bonnijean Marley
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Starlight Quest is a great story and very entertaining. This episode could have used some more development; the quest was challenging, but it almost seemed too easy. I would have loved more detail in every scene.

This is a great episode for a rainy evening!
Claire
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These episodes just keep getting better and better. At this rate, the final episode will blow my mind.

Seriously, this episode has a magical quest, creepy woods, multiple supernatural beings and displays of power. The best part is that many of my (and Elle's) questions were answered and I can see the various plot lines pulling together. Can't wait for the next instalment to find out the reactions to what Elle and her companions learned!
Charlotte
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant episode from Rachel Morgan.
I really enjoyed the "Starlight Quest" book #5 in the "City of Wishes"

I really enjoy following Ellas story and her adventures. Rachel has a wonderful way of writing that pulls you into her stories as if you are there with Ella and Dex. I do love it when you get so pulled into a book.

I can't wait for book #6

Again this deserves 5 stars from me. Brilliant.
Reader's  Show
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And the story continues!

Though it felt too fast paced.. It is a adventurous quest..truths were revealed.. Though godmother is still a mystery...
I have many expectations for the next one..since It's Last one
Finally will get to know the king, gueen and the kingdom..
There was also a mention of Ella's mother's friends in previous book.. Hope it was for a reason

Glad it will be a short wait..
Betina Clark
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing adventure with Elle and Dax. As they continue to try to outwit the Godmother and save the day Dax, Elle and friends run into all kinds of trouble. Packed with lots of action you won’t be able to put this book down and you will beg for the next one .

I received an ARC of this book and this is an honest review.
Coral Chanel (Reading Starlight)
Spoiler free review

This episode was amazing. Such beautiful imagery and it really made the magic reflect what we could have hoped for with a title like ‘The Starlight Quest’
I’m glad that in this episode we’ve a couple characters become more focal and I hope they stay that way as the series continues.
Christy Hancock
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This installment picked up right where the last one left off and sucked me right in. I'm this installment there was a quest which was intriguing and fun!! I love the companionship between the characters. I think that the chemistry that Elle and Dex share is wonderful and sweet. I love this Cinderella storyline. Can't wait for #6!!
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
The Starlight Quest is the fifth episode in Rachel Morgan's City of Wishes series. City Of Wishes is a Cinderella retelling. I love fairytale retellings and this one isn't a disappointment. I loved it and it's very well written. I love Elle, Dex and Sienna. Can't wait for the next and unfortunately last episode in this series!
Christina Balaz
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this episode and the quest Elle and the others went on. Although, for me, not as much happened as I thought it would, I found it still enjoyed and a definite page turner just to find out what would happen. I loved the Godmother and her tricks, I’m excited to find out how her plans turn out in the next and final book. I’m really hoping Dex and Elle get their well deserved happy ending
Maria Elena
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second-to-last episode of the City of Wishes series. This one was very fun to read. I read it in one hour because I couldn’t put it down! Like Elle, I am still uncertain what the Godmother’s catch is, I can’t believe things are what they seem with that woman. Needless to say, I’m very excited for the conclusion of the series!
DesiRae Jones
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my stars! I truly love this story. I love the magic, and the quickness, and the characters. I love how its kept me interested the entire time with no lulls or slow spots. I cant wait for the last book! I have NO idea how Rachel is going to finish this story in only 1 more episode but you can BET I'll stop whatever I'm reading at the time it find out.
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

City of Wishes (7 books)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)
  • The Everafter Wish (City of Wishes #6)
  • City of Wishes: The Complete Cinderella Story