Start by marking “The Rest of Me” as Want to Read:
The Rest of Me

The Rest of Me

Death never simply settles for the life it claims.
It’s greedy.
It stole all of our lives that night and while it put my husband in the ground, it left my four children and me behind.
After an ugly year of grief, something had to change.

My sister suggested open spaces, big skies and fresh air in the heart of Wyoming.
We settled into our shared estate the best we could until I
Expected publication: October 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Rest of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rest of Me

Wendy Livingstone
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Layla is devastated when her husband is killed in an accident, which leaves her struggling to keep her head above water in order to be there for her 4 children. A fresh start is needed all round, and she meets arrogant and broody Reid, who is her new neighbour. Reid has his own dark past which haunts him and to overcome, but can he and Layla heal each other? This is a beautifully written story, which is an emotional roller coaster throughout, as well as being a heart-warming, raw, gritty, and po ...more
Tracy
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I dont even have the words to describe how much I loved this book..whatever I could say would never be enough Biggest book hangover EVER! I loved every character( especially the kids) amazing storyline! My heart hurt at times while ready this...this was my first read by Ashley but now a forever fan!
Gladys Avilés
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“She wasn’t ready for love and I wasn’t ready to lose her.”

This is a great read from the very begging to the end!
A widow that struggles with her pain and a man carrying a thousand battles!
Ashley has this power to make you love the characters she creates because they feel real and totally unique!
Reid and Layla’s love story is absolutely everything that I love! Beautiful and healing! It was emotional and heartwarming! The chemistry between them was charming and so realistic, I loved every scen
Brandy Freeman
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While this is the first book by Ashley that I have read, I'm confident it won't be my last!
If you like books that you can't predict what will happen next, then this book is for you.
Ashley did an amazing job bringing me into this story. I felt everything that Reid and Layla experienced. For me this is important as a reader.

I don't want to give to much of the book away, but there were times where I felt happy, sad, mad and wanting to put the book down and not pick it up again (glad I kept reading)
it.sgottabethebooks
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Ashley Munoz Book. She is a phenomenal writer who has me hooked from the very beginning of Reid and Layla’s story.

The Rest of Me had me in all the feels. It had me swooning, crying and laughing out loud. It broke me as I felt for Layla. The tragic loss she and her children endured is heartbreaking. Layla’s sadness and loneliness she desperately tries to hide from everyone will have you feeling so much heartache. Reid was a broken man with a broken past and you can’t help be dra
Krystal Estrada
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I generally stay away from romance in the "western" genre because it's not my cup of tea, but this book is so much more than that! Layla and Reid's story is full of the healing power of love and forgiveness, and you need it in your life.
Layla is broken, and rightfully so, after losing her husband. Her pain is so raw and real that you cry with her through her heartbreak.
Reid is existing, punishing himself for something he finds unforgivable but, through it all, he'll capture your heart. He's so
Kathy Seabrease
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a phenomenal love story! So well written! Loved Reid and Layla...both broken, but trying to find their way back... He is the mate we all want in our lives...trying so hard to be loving man, a better man! I cried, I chuckled and fell in love with them and their story... is it possible to find someone so understanding and compassionate as Reid? ... while trying to cope with his own pain and secrets...And was floored by what that was. Keep em coming Ashley!
Jaime Reynolds
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved loved this story. Tragedy strikes two people who find one another and essentially help heal each other. A heartfelt story full of emotions, hope and new beginnings. Of finding love when you never thought it was possible again. This is one that you need on your TBR list. Fair warning though, once you start you will not want to put it down.
Amy
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Rest of Me is my favorite book of 2019. A one sit read I lost myself in this story of heartache and hope and healing. This is a MUST read.

Layla is a single mom wading through the murky Waters of grief and trying to keep her head above water for her 4 children. Reid is a ray of light to the family who is haunted by his own dark past.

The Rest of Me ripped my heart into little tiny shreds while still giving me hope and then put it back together chapter by chapter in a way that so few books ca
Elaine
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, why do I love this book so much, it about lose, love and lose again!! Ashley Munoz will rip your heart apart with each word written, I cired, laughed, cried and cried some more!!
Reid and Layla have tried to come to terms with their losses, Layla because she lost her husband to an accident, while the drunk driver got way with only months in jail!
Reid because he lost himself because of an ex!
Will Layla and Reid get their happily ever after or will their past come back to haunt them?
JoAnna Edger
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start out by saying that Ashley has totally taken all of my emotions with this book and twisted them in 5,000 different ways!

My heart breaks for Layla and her family. I couldn’t imagine being put in her situation and trying to figure out the next steps! I love her for her strength and willpower to push through every day even when she doesn’t feel like she can.

Reid coming into her life was so unexpected because obviously she was nowhere near looking for someone that she would remote
Shelly Tooley
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a phenomenal book! I am blown away! A devastated Layla who loses her husband Travis, the love of her life, in a car accident, decides that her and her children need a fresh start somewhere new where they weren’t surrounded by what they lost. Little did they know that their neighbour Reid would be the one to help heal them. This book is filled with so much angst and feels. It will rip open your heart and put it back together. You will feel so much for Layla and her 4 children. Feel t ...more
Tiffany
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful!!! Oh the emotions..I laughed, cried, had the warm and fuzzies.

Layla is dealing with the most intense grief. I can't even imagine going through what she had to endure. She meets her sexy neighbor Reid and they hit it off. But Reid has some very deep hidden secrets. Can their love stand the test?

If you enjoy angst, and love to "feel" when you read books...go grab this one today!

Merci Velez
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book destroyed me from chapter 1!So many times my heart would break only for her to stitch it right back together.Moving on from the death of a spouse has got to be tough but she plays out in detail just how painful it can really be with the tears,the guilt.But you can't fight love and she proves it with Reid and Laylas beautiful,enchanting,heart warming story..I mean holy shnaps!!Talk about intense chemistry!!❤❤❤I am head over heels for Reid.Does he come in size merci?!😂My fiance will unde ...more
Holly Jolly
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so loved this book 💕📖🤗😛💕 it was amazing I love me a Cowboy lol Layla and Reid is so cute !
Lehua
Sep 13, 2019
Shannon Walker
Aug 02, 2019
Carmela Garofalo
Sep 10, 2019
Ashley Munoz
Jun 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
TJ Creque
Felicia
Amy
Marnie
Jul 31, 2019
Ashley was born in Nebraska but raised in Oregon where she lives with her four children and husband.
If she's not helping her husband with DIY projects around the house, she's writing or sneaking off to a corner to read.
She likes to write happily ever afters for real life people that have inspired her, but haven't necessarily gotten their happy ending yet.