Start by marking “Blood and Blade (Goddess with a Blade #6)” as Want to Read:
Blood and Blade (Goddess with a Blade #6)

Blood and Blade

(Goddess with a Blade #6)

Rowan Summerwaite is ready to finish what she started in Blood and Blade , the next installment in the Goddess with a Blade series by New York Times bestselling author Lauren Dane.

It’s been only days since Rowan and her friends eliminated the immediate threat to magic users and Vampires, but they’re already back on the hunt. Rowan’s out for vengeance, and she’s never
Published December 30th 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Blade

Start your review of Blood and Blade (Goddess with a Blade #6)
Lyndi W.
Dec 29, 2019 marked it as got-it-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Truly desperate to read this, but also wanting to avoid it because I'm not ready for it to be over. My only solution is to reread everything else first and maybe I can put this off for like, 3 days?
Marlene
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

This is the last day of 2019 and this is my final review of the year. It seemed fitting to close out the year with this book, the sixth book in the Goddess with a Blade series. Why? Because the first book in this series, the book for which the series was named, was the first book I ever reviewed from NetGalley back in 2011 when Reading Reality first started as Escape Reality, Read Fiction.

I still remember not just the book, but the whole scene, sitting at
Christina Rodrigues
Blood and Blade is the sixth book in Lauren Dane’s Goddess of the Blade Series.

This book picks up a few days after Rowan and her friends eliminated the immediate threat to vampires and magic users. The hunt is still on and everyone works to undercover the people or person responsible for ordering the death of her friends and countless other innocents. But this time, the being involved is stronger then anyone has ever seen. Rowan must rely on the Goddess, Clive and her friends if they are to
Dani
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75/5 stars
Alexandra G.
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

* An advanced reading copy was provided by the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. *

I'm so damn happy to see this series gets better and better.
The characters actually change and evolve throughout the books.

Rowan and her friends are getting closer to the finish line, to finding the person responsible for all their pain and suffering. They find out more about the Blood Front and there are some things they did not see coming.
The big villain behind it all. Kind of
Dallass
Sorry I’m a bit late with this, so here we go.

Rowan Summerwaite is on the hunt for the mastermind who has been pulling the strings behind all the mysterious shit that has been going on throughout the series. Now with a few new allies, Rowan is finally going to even the score.

I was so excited to be able to read an advanced copy from Netgalley that I couldn’t download the arc fast enough. And while I loved being in this world again, it did not exactly read like a final book in a series... (so
Christina Rodrigues
Blood and Blade is the sixth book in Lauren Dane’s Goddess of the Blade Series.

Lisa
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this 6th book in the series! Book #5, Wrath of the Goddess" was good, but somehow felt a bit "off". This one gets the storyline and characters "back on track".

Rowan is baaack! Last episode she was really struggling with her grief and vengeance, which is why I think her character was so off. But, we need to remember, even badasses can suffer depression, especially when the losses keep piling up.

This time she's back on her feet and full of salt and vinegar. Her relationship with Clive is
Darcy
There was something about this one...Rowan seems settled, Clive the same. Sure they are running around chasing the big bad, but as a couple they are good. Even amid the chaos that they fall in they are finding their stride of working together, making sure that they and their people are safe. The later an important factor as some of the bad hit a bit too close to home for Clive. I thought they managed the situation in a good way, but better was the aftermath when they had to tell the First.

I also
Angel Padillo
I struggled with Blood and Blade, and I’m not sure why, I love this series. I was in a bit of a reading funk, not knowing exactly what I wanted to read, so that could be the cause. Either way, the first half of this book was just difficult for me. I knew the story, I knew the characters, but it was just blah for me. I kept having to put it down because it just wasn’t interesting. Even though things were happening, and the story was developing, it didn’t suck me in. Again that could just be the ...more
✿Danielle✿

The Pink Heart Society
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Rated: 4.5 Pink Hearts Reviewed by: Gwessie

This is my first book by best selling author Lauren Dane and definitely won’t be my last! Though this is book six in the series, I found I was able to catch on quickly to what was happening and you could easily read this as a stand alone.

Rowan’s no ordinary sassy feisty lady and is the perfect match for her vampire husband. It’s clear there’s more than love between them and that becomes more apparent as they and their friends work to defeat the enemy. I
Lillian Cummings
Rowan might be a strong hunter whose husband happens to be an ancient vampire and the scion of North America but even she needs to slow down. She has just been given a kelpie Star is her new guide and she can't wait to take her home to show Clive. He might be a big strong vampire who likes to be in charge and she knows that Star is going to get to him. Things haven't been going well lately with Clive and Rowan knows she needs to get her witch friend in to see if she can help. Clive isn't too ...more
Beth
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is book six in a series. I had not read the previous books so I didn’t really understand the back story of the characters. I don’t think this works as a stand alone. The first of the book was spent ferreting out and killing conspirators of the Blood Front. Unfortunately, most of the action is only spoken about after the fact. This part was full of pleasant meals, pleasant sex and just over all pleasant conversations. The characters talk about how badass they are but I didn’t experience any ...more
Hsu Lee
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
This book continues were the last book left off.
Rowan, Clive, and the gang continue to hunt the members of the Blood Front.
When Hunters are being killed off, Rowan will not stand for that.
With the addition of her familiar, Star, Rowan set out to deliver justice.
Like the previous books in the series, you can expect lots of actions, intrigues, etc...
Loved the characters + the
Olivia
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-reviews
BLOOD AND BLADE was pretty entertaining- if you know the series and the characters. The plot and relationships all build off previous books, so if you are heading into this book not knowing the history, you can catch up with the recaps but it won't have the same oomph that the earlier books do. That being said, here Rowan and Clive head to London to investigate the memories and clues left behind by a dead vampire.

They are joined in this book by a new character, a familiar for Rowan, a dog named
Sheena
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok

Rowan is good at what she does. She helps people and Ruhr the wrongs. A lot of wrongs have been done to her and she is out to make them right. With her husband The Scion of North America Clive. With a few friends Genevieve, David and Star ( you will absolutely love) they get things done. Speaking of Genevieve there is more to come and the Tricks. Cannot wait. Will I re-read? No. Do I recommend? If you waited 4+ years for the series continuation like I did yes. Enjoy your reading.
Thomi-michelle Oladitan
Awesome continuation of a series Rowan is kickass and she makes snarky an art form. With the help of her friends and husband she follows the clues to find the murderer of her friends. She seaks justice and he'll had no fury like Rowan scorned. Magic and subterfuge abound! The safety of mortals and immortals a like are at stake. With each book i pay that there will be another I'm just so happy to see Rowan and see how she kicks ass next!
Rachel
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!! I can't wait for the next book. I absolutely love this series I see another series stemming off this one with the Dust Devils and Genevieve Aubert!!!!

I Love this series!!!! The relationships in the books between characters are refreshing to read. I'm thinking there will be another series stemming from this about the Dust Devils and Genevieve Aubrey. I can't wait for the next book and possible branch onto another series!!!!
Lisa Kazi
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the 7th instalment of Lauren Dane’s Goddess with a Blade series, we re-join Rowan Summerthwaite, Hunter, daughter of the Vampire First, and vessel of the goddess Brigid. Having defeated the vampire Lyr, Rowan, her husband and friends, must find the true source of the threat to humans and paranormal everywhere, but will their powers combined be enough to defeat this ancient creature? Full review on https://lisareadsbooks.com/books/bloo...
Carole
Loved it - the romance factor in this one was dialed waayy up - the many scenes between Rowan and Clive were lovely and sighworthy romantic. Pleased that kick-ass heroine Rowan and her magical and vampire associates seemed to have completed this story arc, but I loved this series so much I am hoping there are several more books to come, especially adventures and romances for supporting characters. 5 Magical Romantic Stars
Robbi
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another baddie bites the dust.

It seemed like we waited forever for this book, but it was so worth it. Rowan and Clive are the perfect couple in the paranormal world. Their story is so full of colorful characters, plots and twists. It is so hard to put down until you finish the last scene. And again Rowan and company gets the bad guys put down.
Now I have to wait for the next book to continue the saga.
Dan Allnatt
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the 6th installment in this series. The action is lightning fast in this book and the plot, while easy to work out in some parts, still had some major plots and turns.

I wish we had some Clive POV's when they are in London, as I think it would have added a lot more to the story.

All in all, it's a really good edition to the series and worth a read.
Jenny
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goddess with a blade book 6

Blood and blade was a fantastic book. I really enjoyed reading this book. A great conclusion to this story arc. Looking forward to more books about Rowan and her family/friends.
ObsessiveReader
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series is pretty good, however it isn’t my favorite of her books. The story went along at a pretty even pace, but the big moment seemed rushed which is a shame. The characters get better with each book.
Natoi
Love me some Clive!

This is what I love a fight and some action and hot sex some laughs and Rowan being Rowan. Bravo
John Colley
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super

Best series of it's type in my opinion. You need to have read all of the previous books but I look forward to more of the same quality.
Ted Camer
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Another amazing book by Lauren Dane. Goddess with a Blade is one of my favorite series. Thank you for writing more stories.
Michele bookloverforever
Excellent

Another exciting and well crafted story. The more I read about Rowan and her circle the more in love I get about this series. I've been reading this author for quite awhile now and she never disappoints.
Regina Kiddy
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this author. She supplies the right amount of suspense, humor, and romance in her books! This one was no disappointment! Rowan is a hunter. She’s married to a Vampire named Clive. He’s just not any vampire, but the scion of North America! When hunters are coming up it just makes Rowan mad, so with Clive, a witch, and her mysterious dog, she sets out to put an end to the killing of her friends!

I read and reviewed this advanced free copy of this book from NetGalley

• A Warrior Christmas (The Protectors, #14)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
  • Death and Relaxation (Ordinary Magic, #1)
  • A Madness of Sunshine
  • The Murder Book: 10 Complete Crime Novels
  • super arduino: Step-by-step Instructions to Build Cool Gadgets
  • I Would Love a Few Toy Soldiers
  • A Cougar’s Fantasy (Master of the Cats Book 7)
  • Raven Blood (The Red Masques, #1)
  • Ashes & Bones (The Red Masques #2)
  • All The Big Ones Are Dead
  • Fire & Smoke (The Red Masques #4)
  • Shadow Glass (The Red Masques #3)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Savages (Vengeance #1)
  • Horror Of Your Heart (Tears of the Siren #1)
  • Monsters (Vengeance #3)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific

Goddess with a Blade (6 books)
  • Goddess With a Blade (Goddess With A Blade, #1)
  • Blade to the Keep (Goddess With A Blade, #2)
  • Blade on the Hunt (Goddess With A Blade, #3)
  • At Blade's Edge (Goddess With A Blade, #4)
  • Wrath of the Goddess (Goddess with a Blade #5)