Start by marking “The Butterfly Recluse” as Want to Read:
The Butterfly Recluse

The Butterfly Recluse

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Learning to love is like learning to fly . . .

Eccentric. Weird. Crazy. Whatever people call her, Lila doesn’t mind. Most of the time. She finds solace in her sheltered world by raising butterflies and surrounding herself with their gentle beauty. They’re all she needs.

Most of the time.

Until a motorcycle-riding stranger roars up her driveway, invading her safe haven, throwi
Expected publication: August 13th 2019 by Ivory Tower Press

To ask other readers questions about The Butterfly Recluse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Butterfly Recluse

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Elizabeth Dragina
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memorable
4.5 stars ~

I am in awe. The witty conversations and innocent flirting that appeared many times were so beautiful. 😻

If I'm being honest I was skeptical about starting the book because so many reads lately have destroyed my faith in New YA authors. I didn't want to "waste time" reading this if I could be reading something more appealing, and yet I still felt I should give this a chance because I love helping authors "get out there". I was rewarded for trying.

The beginning was a bit rough for me,
Cece Louise
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Butterfly Recluse was one of my favorite reads this summer!

Lila is an introverted, smart heroine that readers will root for from the start. She’s built a quiet, comfortable life for herself that becomes threatened when Harvey comes into her life, causing her to question the secluded existence she once valued so much. Harvey is a rugged hero who brings the perfect balance of humor, charm, and conflict to the story. Lila and Harvey’s chemistry is great, and I enjoyed the tension and build of
Monica
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The Butterfly Recluse" by Therese Heckenkamp is a perfect book to take along with you on a vacation or on a trip to the beach. Set during the course of one summer, "The Butterfly Recluse" is a story about a quirky young woman coming to terms with her past and with her place in the world around her. The reader gets swept into the story quickly, and it is quite difficult to stop reading once starting--so be forewarned! One will want to read this novel in a single sitting on a beach towel, so make ...more
Brenda Knight
Beth
Dana Michael
Kirsty Pearce
Jul 20, 2019
Therese Heckenkamp is the author of three Christian suspense novels: Past Suspicion, Frozen Footprints, and After the Thaw.

Past Suspicion and Frozen Footprints have both reached #1 Bestseller in various Amazon Kindle categories, including Religious Drama, Religious Mystery, and Inspirational Religious Fiction.

A busy wife and mother of four, Therese fits in writing time whenever she can manage (and