Start by marking “Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5)

Becoming the Dark Prince

(Stalking Jack the Ripper #3.5)

In this irresistibly-priced short story, catch a glimpse of the inner struggles and triumphs that drive Stalking Jack the Ripper's endearing but troubled hero.

Enigmatic, brooding, and darkly handsome, Thomas Cresswell has always been the one mystery Audrey Rose has never been able to fully solve. As brilliant partners in crime investigation, they understand each other per
Published July 15th 2019 by jimmy patterson

To ask other readers questions about Becoming the Dark Prince, please sign up.
Morgan Anderson Yes I believe it's only available in Ebook. Hopefully we get a bindup of both novellas but a girl can dream.

Kerri
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
cover reveal, exact publishing date and synopsis will all be happening in the next week or two! hope you enjoy this look into Thomas's POV!
Candace Robinson
My favorite character since day one has been Thomas. And he has continued to become even more so with each passing book.

Getting this story from his perspective was like a prayer answered. I loved being inside his head and seeing the struggles within himself and his love for Audrey Rose. So sweet!

Maniscalco’s writing is glorious, addicting, and captivating. I can’t wait to read the last book in the series!
Alana • thebookishchick
"The price of love doesn't come cheaply. But the cost is worth it."

Rating: 2.5/5 stars

Welp, add this to the list of all the novellas that have let me down. I pretty much knew going into this that I wasn't going to walk away feeling anything other than....nothing. Because that's just it, novellas literally do nothing for me. I don't really care about reading the same part of a prior book from a different characters point of view, even if it is Thomas Cresswell. And even though this did have a f
Olivia
Jun 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
EXCUSE ME.
WHAT IS THIS?
I NEED IT NOW.
PLEASE??
the title is so cool i'm dying
Kris Kogane
Jul 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed, read-2019
UGHKJHHDFdjjdljdlkasdDADIPODIA.

I was hoping that this novella would help me change my mind about not wanting to read the last book in this series but GAHHH... I think I might be even more upset now. I hate Audrey Gross Wadsworth with every fiber of my being. I. hate. her. Was this novella meant to soothe bitter readers or something? Because it did!!! not!!! succeed!!! Like, they BARELY discussed her infidelity because it wasn't fully acknowledged??? She never even apologized??? Thomas wasn't ev
Tucker
Jun 18, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
holy shit

brb I'm preordering this right the f**k now
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I need endless Thomas content ♥
milou  ☁️
It took all of my willpower to keep myself a decent distance away. One word or plea from her was all it’d take. It was more than lust. More than a physical need. I adored every part of her. If she asked me to, I’d unleash every one of my desires, pleasuring her in a way that would let her know precisely how much I cherished her.

─── ・ 。゚:☆. *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

This was way too short in my opinion. In fact there is never enough Thomas and Audrey to satisfy my needs. These 82 pages flew by.

For the
Cory Marie
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thomas Cresswell is a gem and I didn’t even realize how much I needed his POV until now.
Nimika
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i need kerri maniscalco to write a historical na romance immediately, please
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
This novella is 3.5 in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series, so please don't read this if you haven't read the first three books.

Anyone who knows me, already knows how much I love Thomas Cresswell.  So I was thrilled to see this book in Thomas's perspective.  In this short novella, we get into Thomas's head a bit with his jealousy and then when he thinks he may lose Audrey Rose.  I don't want to get into too much, but thought I would share a few quotes because Thomas is awesome and I love him.
Aly
I literally dropped everything I was doing as soon as I got my preorder confirmation email.

This was everything and more than I could hope for! It's so lovely to be able to view scenes from Thomas' POV, and the scenes that happened between other characters that we didn't see with Audrey gave a lot more meaning to the reader as well. These 80+ pages honestly adds so much more emotions and character to Thomas, if that was even possible. I also laughed so hard at a certain scene in here.

I just love
Maria
Shelves: owned
It was a good read, nice add to the main story if you're a fan. But didn't really add anything big to the plot.
But Thomas ❤ This was what I needed while waiting for the last book 😄 And now I need more!!
Briana
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will read ANYTHING Kerri Maniscalco writes!!! 🖤🖤🖤
Cameron
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed reading from Thomas's perspective.
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I couldn't love Thomas Cresswell more even if I tried.
Leonora Shiell
Here’s the thing. I love Thomas Cresswell. I love him so much! Him and Audrey Rose are one of my favourite things about the Stalking Jack the Ripper series! But I did not like this novella. I still love Thomas and there were moments here and there where my love for Thomas just swept me up and the stars aligned and everything worked. But there were like two or three of those moments? And there were way more moments I didn’t like? AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS I JUST WANTED TO ...more
Annette
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what it is. I can't describe it. But my love for Thomas Cresswell is never ending and bigger than any love I might have experienced before in my entire life. (And no, I'm not being dramatic) I was really convinced that there was no way I could fall harder for this guy and then this book came and damn, I was terribly wrong! There is now no part of my heart anymore that doesn't long for its own Thomas Cresswell to love and cherish and hold.

It was wonderful to be in Thomas' head and to
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm vary happy for this novella, it really helped to bring me back to a good place with these characters to be ready for Capturing the Devil.

I really like Thomas and Audrey Rose, but I was quite discontented with them at the conclusion of Escaping from Houdini. I'd especially been feeling out of sorts with Audrey Rose because in Escaping from Houdini her actions came across as very selfish to me and I felt that she was behaving in a very direspectful manner toward Thomas, behavior which shocked
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
"I would always choose dreams over nightmares. Light over darkness, and love over hate. And I would continue to make that choice forever. Each of us have the power to decide our own destiny. "

I. AM. DEAD. This is a letter from the great beyond where I've gone after my heart burst out of my chest over this AMAZING Thomas novella. This was literally PERFECTION.

Thomas is the book boyfriend of my dreams ( up there with Rhys ) and holy smokes I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present tha
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Oh holy grail!!!! This is happening!!! I love Kerri! Her books are so amazing. I have been counting down until her release in September that I let this one slip by me!!! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM???

I am so excited!! I followed this series since it began. Stalking Jack the Ripper is what made me fall in love with Historical Fiction.

Goodreads synopsis:

July
I was convinced I would love this, if only because Thomas Creswell narrated it. Unfortunately, I found myself too annoyed for the most part to enjoy the few scenes that didn't make me roll my eyes.
For once, it was really tiresome to relive the end of Escaping From Houdini - I really hated that ending when I first read it and the change in perspective made it, if anything, even worse. Thomas' views on love were so... twisted and strange. It read as if someone thought about consent and equality an
Kendra Bahr
4 Stars.
The only reason this isn't 5 stars is because I would have liked it to be longer. I felt like there was more that should've been explained from his point of view but overall what was explained was amazing. I loved seeing things from Thomas's point of view. You feel the heartbreak and jealousy he does, but you also understand better why he acts the way he does in Escaping from Houdini.
(This story follows Thomas through Escaping from Houdini (or at least the ending of it) and follows him
Faith
This novella is great because you finally get to peer inside Thomas Cresswell's head. You already know he's super sweet from what he has said to Audrey Rose in the last three books of the series but seeing his thought process really demonstrates just how much he loves her. I feel like I just got a better appreciation for Thomas Cresswell after reading this because his thought processes are vital to who he is.

I would say it's an essential novella to read. I don't really remember where Escaping f
Elien
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Look, I have a lot of anger towards EFH, so much so that I will never reread the book and considering the way things are going the only reason I'll read the next installment is so I can be done with this. I can't stand Audrey anymore, so maybe that played into this, but as this novella is from Thomas' perspective, I thought why not read it.

I love(d) Thomas. I thought he was a breath of fresh air in the YA genre, where we're taught that abusive men are who we should aim to be with. Thomas is a ge
Madison Peck
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was beautiful. I really enjoyed reading in Thomas's point of view, and there wasn't really anything wrong with the book it was just that for me which I don't know how I can explain this it just felt to me that this book was too short to give 5 stars...

This is an ebook that is 82 pages long, in all the book was exceptional and in my opinion the best book out of the entire series I just can't convince myself give this book a deserved five stars.

And I know that might not make sense for so
Kay Hayden
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I wasn’t entirely in love with Thomas Cresswell before, I surely am now. This novella is the perfect bridge between EFH and CTD. We have the opportunity to look inside Thomas’s mind at the time of Audrey Rose’s injury; his feelings, insecurities, and worries of Audrey possibly wanting a life with Mephistopheles rather than him. As well as the fact that Thomas was not going to influence her to pick himself, no matter how bad he wished to, he held true to the fact that she was free to choose wh ...more
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"In four short days, she’d be in my arms, bleeding out. And I’d finally become the dark prince my father knew me to be, as I unleashed myself upon them all."

#1: Stalking Jack the Ripper ★★★★★
#2: Hunting Prince Dracula ★★★★★
#3: Escaping From Houdini ★★★★☆
#3.5: Becoming the Dark Prince ★★★★☆

Truly, this felt as if it should have been included at the end of Escaping From Houdini (at least the part that belongs to the book), because both Cresswell's thoughts on what's going on between Audrey Rose a
Eve
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
I can not express how much this Novella made me cry, smile, and feel everything for Thomas. It might sound cheesy or even something you hear all the time, but I literally cried and smiled the entire time I was reading this. His devotion and love for her is so overwhelming in a sweet and positive way. Unlike most people, where we see someone we want show interest or even just showing kindness towards them, were enveloped in jealousy and anger. Not Thomas! Well maybe a little... but he adores and ...more
Rue
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I forgot how much I missed Cresswell and Wadsworth. Seriously, Capturing the Devil cannot come out soon enough.

This was such a necessary novella. Thomas and Audrey Rose finally addressed the elephant in the room, and now they can move on and live happily ever after.

I swear, Thomas is actually a perfect human, he literally carries the entire series, and if anything happens to him, I probably won't recover.

I loved how this novella managed to keep a perfect balance of funny, lighthe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I'm mostly on instagram and twitter--where I'm always ready to talk fictional crushes and nerd out over books. (Okay, okay. And I've also been known to share snippets and teasers from my upcoming novels, if you're into that sort of thing...) Please feel free to chat with me there @KerriManiscalco. I love talking with fellow readers!

Kerri Maniscalco grew up in a semi-haunted house outside NYC where

Stalking Jack the Ripper (4 books)
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
  • Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2)
  • Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3)
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)