Start by marking “A Foreign Country (Mr & Mr Detective #2)” as Want to Read:
A Foreign Country (Mr & Mr Detective #2)

A Foreign Country

(Mr & Mr Detective #2)

Private Detective John Right’s life is pretty good.

He loathes paperwork and could do without wasting his weekends catching out cheating spouses, but business is booming and he’s sharing his life with Jason, a man he’s still crazy about after three years.

The only downside is his lover’s baffling choice of friends and the fact that John is convinced Jason is keeping secrets
Published June 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Foreign Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Foreign Country

Linda Reads
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Exciting follow-up to GAZES INTO YOU – John and Jason together with intrigue
Secrets are revealed, crimes are committed, naughtiness nuanced, intrigue abounds with a delicious ending.
John and Jason from GAZES INTO YOU have been together now for three years. They’ve talked about marriage but something keeps holding Jason back. Together they work and live in a building John bought for his PI business, Right Detective Agency. Out of the blue they get a strange call from a former acquaintance of Jaso
Carmina
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve truly loved this book. It’s been a lot of fun to read and of course, everybody who enjoyed “Gazes Into You” (the first part) will love this new story. I’ll say that I probably enjoyed it even more -if that's possible- because I already knew and loved the main characters, and it’s great to find out how their relationship has developed since I last saw him.

Alex Jane’s writing is awesome as usual. The dialogues are great and the storyline captures your attention from the start. She has the abi
Alison Edmunds
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read A Foreign Country immediately after reading Book 1 in the series. Jason and John are now an established couple. Yes, they have their idiosyncrasies and insecurities, but they really work together and it's nice to see this further down the line. The third MC in this book, Corey, adds to both the plot and the interactions between the couple, almost acting as a catalyst to moving them even further along. And he is really nice.

I love the gentle humour in this book which acts as an antidote to
Mary
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow I didn’t expect the epilogue such a teaser, but not I stress a cliffhanger. If you are anything like me I don’t like not knowing what happens next but a gentle tease into the possibilities of the next story is fine. In this story John and Jason are more settled but there are many secrets and hidden truths between them. These start to come out as the case they are investigating unfolds. It’s an unusual case and Alex Jane writes this style so well. Kept me wondering what was coming next, which ...more
Cassandra
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I want to scream!
That epilogue? What? I need book 3 Yesterday!
Waiting for this is going to suck really hard :(

I've never read a book by AJ that I didn't absolutely love, and this one gets more love than book one did, which is crazy as I usually love the first books in a series - you know, world building, getting to know the chars and so on.
What an amazing author Alex Jane is *big sappy grin face*
I can't wait for what she has in store for us next. (which is hopefully book 3...)
Tianna Greene
Jul 07, 2019
Lisa
Jun 26, 2019
Alex Jane
Jun 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Bev
JR
Jul 16, 2019
Dena
Jul 18, 2019
Stories of M/M romance with happy endings...eventually.

After spending far too long creating stories in her head, Alex finally plucked up the courage to write them down and realized it was quite fun seeing them on the page after all.

Free from aspirations of literary greatness, Alex simply hopes to entertain by spinning a good yarn of love and life, wrapped up with a happy ending. Although, if her c

Mr & Mr Detective (2 books)
  • Gazes Into You (Mr & Mr Detective, #1)