Start by marking “Löwenzahnkind” as Want to Read:
Löwenzahnkind

Löwenzahnkind

(Charlie Lager #1)

En varm sommarnatt försvinner sjuttonåriga Annabelle från det lilla samhället Gullspång, på gränsen mellan Västergötland och Värmland. Hennes föräldrar är utom sig av oro, lokalpolisen står handfallen och Missing people letar förgäves.

Kriminalinspektör Charlie Lager skickas dit tillsammans med sin kollega. Hon är utredare vid Nationella operativa avdelningen, en skicklig
Paperback
Published May 13th 2019 by Penguin Verlag (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Löwenzahnkind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Löwenzahnkind

Start your review of Löwenzahnkind
Sandy

This is the english translation of a popular book released last year in Sweden. The first of a series, it introduces DI Charlie Lager of the National Operations Dept. in Stockholm. When a young girl from the small town of Gullspång goes missing, she & colleague Anders Bratt are sent to help with the investigation.

As we quickly learn, Charlie has a boatload of secrets. One of them is she actually grew up in Gullspång with her alcoholic mother Betty. And she’s spent most of her life
Eva
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a young girl goes missing from a small town in Sweden, Charlie Lager and her colleague Anders are sent to help in the investigation. Unknown to everyone, Charlie grew up in this town. She’s determined to make sure nobody finds out but can she keep it up? And can detectives find young Annabelle before it’s too late?

For The Missing is the first instalment in the Charlie Lager series and promises great things for the future. Mostly set in the small town of Gullspång, the atmosphere is quite
Lou
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the Missing, the first novel to feature DI Charlie Lager set in the Swedish town of Gullspång, Västergötland, is the epitome of Scandi Noir and a very promising start to a new series. It has all the claustrophobia and atmosphere that good noir fiction can evoke, but the author adds refreshing originality by making it more of a character study. The analysis focuses on DI Lager and the missing girl Annabelle and shows the unravelling of both of their lives over the course of the novel. Despite ...more
Amanda
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When teenager Annabelle goes missing in a small town in Sweden, Charlie and her colleague Anders are sent to investigate. For Charlie this is a personal journey as she has not been back home for nineteen years and is hoping she will not be recognised by the locals.

This is the first book in a new series, if the others are anything like this one then this is definitely a series to look out for!!

I was thoroughly hooked by this book. Charlie is a great character with a strong backstory that is as
Liz Barnsley
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An atmospheric page turner about a missing girl in a small town, hidden secrets and the detective for whom it may hit rather close to home.

Great writing and plotting, gets you totally caught up in the story which has a strong emotional core and a haunting resolution.

Full review for the official tour in January.
Elaine Tomasso
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Orion Publishing Group for an advance copy of For The Missing, a stand alone novel set in the Swedish town of Gullspång, Västergötland.

Detectives Charline "Charlie" Lager and Anders Bratt are sent from Stockholm to Gullspång to help the local police find 17 year old Annabelle Roos who disappeared after a party. Unfortunately for Charlie Gullspång is the town she escaped from twenty years ago and she has mixed feelings about returning.

I thoroughly enjoyed For
Richard
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fictionophile
Charlie (Charline) Lager is a police detective working in Stockholm for the National Operations Department. Single, in her mid-thirties, she depends on anti-depressants, alcohol, and various pharmaceuticals to get her though her days. Once in a while, she'll sleep with a stranger to just feel close to someone. She is messed up. Charlie has always been messed up. The child of single mother living in the impoverished small Swedish town of Gullspång, Charlie had been on intimate terms with chaos ...more
Joanna Park
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For The Missing is a dark, enthralling crime novel that I thoroughly enjoyed! Although based on the classic detective story about a cop who is struggling to escape her demons the author manages to make the story seem fresh with the atmospheric narrative and attention to detail.

The author does a great job of setting the scene for this novel so that it seems very real. The claustrophobia of a small, tight knit town is almost palpable with everyone seeming to know everyone else’s business. This
Kirsty ❤️
One of the things I really liked about this is that because Annabelle is merely missing, the majority of the book is old fashioned questioning and sleuthing. It's a good scandi noir thriller and you do feel the sense of urgency as everyone seeks to find the missing girl.

The bit I'm less keen on is Charlie the detective. The blurb says she's brilliant but conflicted. I didn't get a sense of that at all. No one really solved the crime and the sub plot was foiled by Annabelle's dad and the guilt of
Dimitris Passas (TapTheLine)
RATING: 3,5/5. Full review tomorrow.
Catherine
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Scandinavian crime writers so I was keen to discover a new author in Lina Bengtsdotter.
The opening chapter really hooks you and draws you in. The story is told over a series of timelines; the present which covers the police investigation; throughout the day that the girl went missing; flashbacks from the detective’s childhood in the same small town and the story of another couple of young girls growing up there too, the relevance of which becomes clear at the very end.
The book
Jeanette (Latte and a Book)
I like this book, like that the ending was not predictable.

But I wished that the main character Charlie wasn't such a trouble person, cause my rating stop at 3 stars cause I really didn't feel anything for her and I wished that the book could focus a little more on the case with Annabelle instead of Charlie and her love for alcohol and what she prefers doing on her free time.

But besides that, the book is exciting and I finished listening to this audiobook in 1 day. I wasn't bored and the
Clair Sharpe
I've not read any Scandi noir before so was keen to read this highly acclaimed police thriller, recently translated into English.
The story begins with a missing teenage girl Annabelle, who went to a party and never returned home. The police in Gullspång (a small town in Sweden) contact Stockholm police for help in solving her disappearance and DI Charlie (Charline) Lager along with her partner Anders are sent to the town to help solve the crime.
Straight away we know Charlie is not the most
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Dual review with Swedish first and then English!

SWEDISH REVIEW

Annabelle är en bok som från början fängslade mig och om jag hade inte arbetat dagen efter jag började läsa boken hade jag nog läst klart den i ett svep. Men så blev klockan lite väl mycket och jag fick gott vänta tills dagen efter, samt jobba, innan jag kunde plöja de ca 100 sidor jag hade kvar. Det var jobbigt att behöva vänta!

Boken är väldigt välskriven, spännande och medryckande. Ett kapitel till blev lätt till 50 sidor mer och
Ingstje
Two detectives from Stockholm are sent to a Swedish rural village to investigate the disappearance of a 17 year old girl Annabelle when she didn't come home after a party. If you're looking for an interesting police procedural with focus on two very talented detectives with great deduction skills then I'm not sure you'll be satisfied. Much of their progress actually comes from one or two witnesses who eventually tell them something useful. If, on the other hand, you're looking to get invested in ...more
Rachel Bridgeman
This is a perfectly wintery slice of Scandi noir, set in a town so dark and miserable it is no surprise that Annabelle has gone missing-but did she run or was she killed?

There are 3 main storylines- Annabelle before she left, Charlie investigating her disappearance and 2 girls named Alice and Rosa ,and it's not immediately clear how the 3 storylines will match up.

One thing is for sure, the town of Gullspang in Sweden has dark secrets and 'For the missing' not only looks at how Annabelle went
Julie Lacey
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a gripping crime thriller set in a small village outside Stockholm.
Charlie and Anders are asked to help with the investigation of a missing teenage girl. Charlie is happy to go until she finds out where it is.
She’s being asked to go back where she grew up and she is dreading going back there.
As the story unfolds we find out more about Charlie’s past and the troubled childhood she had.
The hunt for missing Annabelle leads them down different paths, each becoming more twisted than the
Amanda Sayer
DI Charlie Lager has been sent to investigate the case of Annabelle, a teenage girl who has gone missing. The trouble is Charlie grew up in the very town that Annabelle has gone missing from, and as she gets closer to the truth about Annabelle her own ghosts from the past start to appear.
I struggled a bit with this book from the very start. I felt disconnected from the characters, II couldn’t work out what was happenening sometimes and I had to go back to reread some parts because it seemed to
Melanie Lewis
I was excited to read this book, being a huge Skandi-Noir fan. But, sadly, this one didn't do for me. Trying to work out where I felt I lost interest is quite hard. The characterisation was good, but I didn't feel a connection with Charlie or Anders. I found them both unlikable people, and therein lies the rub. To really care about what happens in a story, you have to care about the people involved. I just felt depressed about drunk and promiscuous 13 year old children. Weird fathers and mad ...more
Ben
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We're publishing this book in the English language this winter, and I'm absolutely besotted with the English translation that's come in (from Agnes Broome!). If you love character-driven, intricate, emotive crime fiction then you're going to swallow this one whole. Hit me up for more details!
Janice
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So excited to bring you my first blog tour review of 2019!! A Swedish noir that won the Crimetime Specsavers Best Debut Award! It’s the first in a series featuring DI Charlie Lager, For the Missing and it’s a chilling, atmospheric slow-burner that picks up the pace … starting off slowly, with many hints as to where it might lead, increasing in tempo as you continue reading.

Charlie (Charline – but nobody calls her that any more) and her partner Anders are called from their base in Stockholm to
Marjolein
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

It was definitely an intriguing read with loads of potential, but it lacked something. I don't know how to describe it. Suspense, maybe. It was more of a mystery, I wouldn't call it a thriller. There was nothing exciting about this book, but the two major storylines were interesting enough to make me want to finish the book.

There's two mysteries, actually. There's Annabelle's disappearance and then there's the story of Rosa and Alice. At first, I didn't know what to think
Maria
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not a book to love the characters or to feel pity for them, they are who they are, moulded by their past and experiences in life; this will make this mystery book more real, approachable and interesting, don’t doubt it.
DI Charlie Lager is investigating a new case, the disappearance of the young girl Annabelle, so she will have to return to her natal village to discover what has happened. This will make her re-think her life and all her choices, the memories of her mother will accompany
peggy
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another new author for me. This book is a slow burner to start with and at times it was too busy. It spent too much time was spent on the main character Charlie Lager who has been sent back to her childhood home to find a missing girl. Then all of a sudden WHAM!!!!! This book took off like a rocket. All i can say is please stick with book you will not be disappointed. The climax of this story was not what i was expecting it was both explosive and heartbreaking. Personally i feel that the story ...more
Em Yarnell
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh My Gosh! It's starts off as a great little page turner with a good amount of mystery and suspense. The characters are brilliant and you find the plot creeps up on you like a stranger in the night. Before I knew it I was devouring the pages desperate to find out what happens and simultaneously hiding behind my fingers from the tension. A thoroughly addictive read!
h.son books
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Annabelle are missing. And is was about several man. who like annabelle. But Annabelle was only 16 year. She look older then 16 year. Very good book. I like this book.
Anke
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing style was easy to read and at some point the story grew on me and forced me to read on. Until then I was only able to read a few pages, because there was just too much alcohol and drugs in the today storyline and the whole storyline from the past had no real connection until nearly the end.
I think Charlie Lager is a very troubled person and I'm not sure that I'll read the next book.
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, arc
This book was amazing! I had no idea where this was going throughout this book I kept trying to guess where it was going and every time I was way off. I could not for the life of me guess where this story was going and I love that in a mystery.

I loved Charlie's character, although I've noticed in the majority of mystery books why do detectives or cops not know how to control their alcohol? Other than that I really liked her character, when she had an inkling she didn't drop it she just kept
The Glass House Online Magazine
A Gripping Detective Crime Thriller
For The Missing by Lina Bengtsdotter is a sensational and gripping detective crime thriller that breathes new life into the detective genre.

If you’re anything like me, you too might have an over romanticised idea that living in a small and quaint little village somewhere off the beaten track would provide the ideal location to raise a family. Picture a place where everybody knows everyone and their business. It’s such a small community that the whole town would
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add another edition 3 9 Jul 02, 2019 11:48AM

• Uitgeschakeld
  • Gutten som elsket rådyr (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #3)
  • Broertje
  • Felsteg
  • Silvervägen
  • Die Opfer, die man bringt
  • Husdjuret
  • Golden Cage
  • Pappas pojke (Jana Berzelius, #4)
  • The Chestnut Man
  • Inland (Berger & Blom, #2)
  • Mitt hjärtas oro
  • Pojken som slutade gråta (Hagfors, #2)
  • Kallbrand (Rönning & Stilton, #5)
  • Hjerteknuser
  • Bali
  • Dvalan (Flickorna och mörkret, #3)
  • Aan jou de keuze

Charlie Lager (2 books)
  • Francesca (Charlie Lager, #2)