Start by marking “Defending What is Mine (Wilde Boys #4)” as Want to Read:
Defending What is Mine (Wilde Boys #4)

Defending What is Mine

(Wilde Boys #4)

Tragedy brought me home from war. Twice.

The first brought me to her.

The second might just tear us apart.

Military life means tomorrow is promised to no one. As a Captain, I understand that reality better than most. My focus has always been defending my country and protecting the men and women in my command.

Until her.

With one shy smile and a few sassy comebacks, she shifts m
Published July 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Defending What is Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defending What is Mine

Hazel Harkins
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a book is so realistic you literally feel your heart jumping as you read! Well that's how I felt most of the time while reading Defending What is Mine especially chapter 27 where I cried so much it took me a while to read that chapter. I finally gave up on the tissue and grabbed a hand towel ;(

This book had to have been written mostly from a man's POV and either a military man or simply a man able to pull his own feelings out and put into words how he would feel if it were him in this situ
READ ME ROMANCE
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read and loved the Wilde brothers series and was so excited their stories continued in Defending What is Mine. This book has all of the feels and will take you through the ringer. It is written flawlessly and will take you on a journey with the two main characters, Jack and Sam. Sam is a single mom and when she meets a Jack for the first time, their mutual attraction and instant connection is instant. I do believe in love at first sight because it happened to me in real life, and I routed ...more
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Abby Brooks is one of those authors I will automatically one-click without even reading the blurb because I always enjoy her honest and emotional writing. This was the first co-written book of hers I have read, and it was just as wonderful as her other books. Abby and Will's writing flows seamlessly and works perfectly together.

I quickly fell in love with Jack and Sam. They are so cute together and really shined a light on how difficult relationships can be for our soldiers and their loved ones.
Closet Romance Reader
So realistic and so much emotion! It went by so fast, I wanted more.

Jack not only steals your heart by being a true hometown hero but he is also always on the lookout for others, never questioning what it means for him.

When tragedy strikes off the battlefield Captain Jack is sent home to help pick up the pieces. Before returning to duty he meets Sam and quickly realizes they have an amazing future together. Will the time apart be good for them? Or when tragedy strikes again will it be too much?
Joyce
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY HERO..JACQUES! !
See I can call him that, I'm a mom!
Captain Jack, really is a hero, he along with this beautifully told story, broke my heart, make me cry, like a hard cry, half a box of tissues cry.
This by far is Will & Abby's best war Hero story.
And having a no nonsense woman like Sam in your corner is just icing on the much deserved cake.
Please, Please, don't pass on reading this fourth Wilde family saga, no need to read the prior three, but it's a safe bet you will fall for every one
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I have a few things to say about this book:
1 - You will need tissues and possibly a box of wine. Jack ans Sam will rip your heart out and make you ugly cry.
2 - Abby and Will - stand up and take a bow - each and every book in this series gets better than the ones before. i do not know how you do it but NEVER stop!!
3 - The reader will not be able to read this book without falling in love with Jack and Sam. Love at first sight is something they both never thought would happen but it was beautiful t
Nanedsmomba
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Defending What is Mine is a touching and emotional book!
The Wilde boys are so freaking hot and so enticing that I can’t stop reading about their stories.
Jack is a military guy that happens to fall for Sam, a single mother that has her own troubles. Their young relationships is interrupted by Jack’s too soon deployment. Both of them suffer with the lack of contact and the fear of the unknown in a war zone.
Strong emotions, struggles and internal battle are present in this book. You will suffer a
Darlene Richardson
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Powerful and emotional.

This book is the kind of books I love to read, it’s a gripping love story that will grab reader’s attention from the first page. There are so many beautiful, raw and memorable dialogues between the characters that I highlighted 70 percent of the book. It’s such a touching story, I can’t help but fall in love with all the characters. Defending What Is Mine is real, it will elevate your heart rate, tear at your heart strings and it’s an unforgettable book that will stay with
Paige Morris
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack and Sam...I don't even know where to begin with this one. I love these Wilde boys. Each story has created this world that I want to be a part of. People I like and the characters have this connection you envy.

Jack is a soldier when he meets Sam and he has a deployment on the horizon. Through it he and Sam continue to build a relationship through the wonders of modern technology, email and video chats, as well as letters and care packages. However, Jack's return home is not without bumps and
Ashley Tidbury
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique and memorable book

Wow. Its certainly different to the other styles of book. Abby has written
Took a bit for me to get into as of jumping back and present. I could have read and read it though once I got my head round it. . I could see this book being a novel. For me It was over so fast. You could have wrote a 6 hour book and I still would have loved to have been inside the characters heads longer. Cuts to the point. His reaction is deep for that type of situation. And that his family do
Teri
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think the only one whose story could send me for a bigger loop is Leo, Jacks story though man it's a good one. The struggles and pain of recovery. The blind hit of love. The spin when your life shifts off the carefully laid path. The strong protector who no longer feels like he can do what he is trained to do. The girl who's never expected to have more or be more but lives for the joy her daughter brings never expecting anyone to really see who she is. To see her past the walls that she's erec ...more
Jackie D
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Those Wilde Boys!!
It is Jack's turn to find love when he does; it's spectacularly with single mom Sam!
This emotional wringer, with bits of laugh and sass- had me hooked from the very beginning- between Jacks war abroad, or the war at home along with Sam, a fighter in her own right and just the kind of warrior for Jack and her daughter their road to happiness is a bumpy and engaging story I could not put down!
Realistically written, with down to earth characters, and a then and now flow - Ab
Fleur
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is the first of the Wilde Brother books I have read and it was great, Jack and Sam are two peas in a pod neither want to start something but when Jack realises even if he isn't in town long he wants to get to know her and from there well... Be ready for laughs, frustrations, cute moments, heart breaking moments (yes you may want to grab some tissues), times you want to shake both Jack and Sam silly for their thoughts or actions/inaction and hope that the find their way to each other and fin ...more
Cynthia Settimo
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read and reviewed this book voluntarily.
Oh another Wilde boy. We love them.
While Jack is home on emergency leave for his brother he meets Sam. There is instant chemistry and they both fall. When Jack has to leave to go back overseas he and Sam tell eachother how they feel. They are going to make it work.
After Jack is hurt he doesn't contact Sam, but she goes to him. Will she be able to convince him that she loves him no matter what?
Was a quick read for me, and I loved the teaser for Leo's boo
Nicki
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved Jack story... Abby and will have definitely continued to pull you into the family dynamics of the Wilde and wow is the one thing you will be left thinking.
While we have seen jack and Sam in the other books in the Wilde series we get to really see what Jack goes through as an army Captain in the a military and boy will this bring the tears and the giggles. Sam is a single mom and so perfect for Jack in every way. I won’t give anything away so get your copy you don’t wanna miss a
Penni
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing.

What a well told story. My heart just speeds up when I read stories as great as this one is.
Angst - check
Emotional roller coaster - check
Believable characters -check
Fighting through overwhelming issues to defend - check
Addressing an issue often ignored by romance books - check
This book checks all the right boxes.
Well done. Damn well done!
Yeluz Selarom
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sam and Jack had the strongest chemistry ever.. made me laugh on their sarcasm made me cry on some parts which am not saying to not spoil it and Vanessa was the sweetest little girl ever.. I know cause she reminds me of my own kid. Beautiful story from start to finish if I could give it more than five stars I would.. Abby and will the dynamic duo
Josie Cannon
Sweet

This is the first time in reading this author. I'm glad kindle unlimited allows the chance to try out new authors. It was a sweet story that touched on real issues (struggling single mother & the struggles of an injured veteran) but I didn't develop a strong connection to either character. It was an easy read but I don't think I'll be reading anymore of the series.
Paige Whitecotton
Tough love

Deep love had to be tough love to get through the tough times jack and Sam had to go through. They both had to fight hard and you felt all of it with the amazing writing Abby gave us.
Lindsy Shiveley davis
Very good

I liked this one. While I was worried about him icing her it didn't last long enough for me to truly fret. I got the worries from both of them. I'm glad Sam pushed on and wouldn't give up.
Lilsizzy
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Redemption

Wow, Abby & Will do it again. I fell in love with Jack & Samantha from the get go. So many emotions written in the pages. Love, restoration, frustration and victory. What an amazing love between Jack & Samantha ! Can't wait to read Leo's story 💗
Johanne Lewis-Scarlett
Another awesome book

This book makes you laugh, smile and cry all throughout. Jack and Sam were made for each, but let's not forget about Vanessa and her quick hits. Love this family.
Maria Di Pasqua
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon
Stephanie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love military men and their love stories. Sam's strength and unshakeable love for Jack was just the balm he needed. Bring on Leo's book, I am dying to read it.
Tracy
rated it did not like it
CMegow
Nancy Davis
Jul 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

Wilde Boys (4 books)
  • Taking What is Mine (Wilde Boys #1)
  • Claiming What Is Mine (Wilde Boys #2)
  • Protecting What Is Mine (Wilde Boys #3)