Start by marking “Matar a November (Killing November, #1)” as Want to Read:
Matar a November (Killing November, #1)

Matar a November

(Killing November #1)

En la Academia Absconditi, donde no existe la tecnología moderna y se castiga usando el ojo por ojo, los alumnos aprenden a lanzar cuchillos, usar venenos y a mentir con maestría. Provienen de prestigiosas familias de todo el mundo y están aprendiendo a ser asesinos, espías o expertos en imitación. November no sabe qué hace en la academia una chica como ella, y tampoco ...more
Published June 27th 2019 by RBA Molino (first published March 26th 2019)

Start your review of Matar a November (Killing November, #1)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-ones
This is gonna be one of the kick-ass, fast paced, astonishing YA novels of the year with full of non-stop action, introduces us one of the brilliant, badass heroine, November! Her name belongs to month of Scorpio sign and so there’s so much hidden potential and secrets inside this character and I think she’s going to discover herself and turn into her perfect version on the upcoming novels of the series which I cannot wait to read them.
It’s great to see a movie producer and actor can write so
Lola
I have no patience for this book. It’s all telling, no showing. I was warned but I like to SEE things for myself and I saw… very little. This secret society is way too secret for the reader’s wellbeing. By that I mean, I don’t know about you, but it drives me crazy to keep reading while learning almost nothing. Sure, the History of the secret society is somewhat provided, however I found everything to be so… unbelievable.

Already, a secret society stretches your imagination, though I’m sure there
Carrie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Killing November by Adriana Mather is the first book of the young adult thriller series by the same name. This opening book of the series certainly set up a creepy atmospheric setting dropping the main character into a boarding school in an old castle in the opening pages.

November Adley had reluctantly agreed to go away to school for a few weeks when her father proposed the idea to keep her safe while dealing with some issues at home. Waking up in the strange location with no memory after the
Helen Power
~Synopsis~
When November Addley’s father sends her away to boarding school because it's too dangerous back home, she doesn’t know what to expect. But she definitely doesn’t expect to be sent to a school that’s completely off the grid--with no access to the internet or even electricity. Classes range from poison to dagger-throwing, and November starts to question who her father really is. But she doesn’t have much time to worry about that. Someone’s killing the students in the school, and November
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
Loved this book! The characters were awesome, the setting was great, and the whole story line was just so cool. Cannot wait for the sequel!
JenacideByBibliophile
Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the publisher, Random House Children’s, via NetGalley for an honest review.

Opinion:

You know those books you come across that sound AMAZING, like they will be an EXACT fit for you, and are already praised and LOVED by EVERYONE?

And then you start reading it, all giddy and excited for what’s to come…

…but then you get about 60 pages in and are just kind of like…

description

Yeah.

Killing November.

November assumed she had a normal upbringing, that was until she arrived
Patricia
KILLING NOVEMBER is a ya novel with a kick-ass female main character - November! November is in school which teaches poisons, deception, all types of fighting, and the rule is an eye for an eye. So begins a non-stop action novel. I highly recommend this book.
Laurène Poret
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s now past 2am, I’ve got to get up early tomorrow but I don’t regret one minute staying up to finish this. Though I didn’t exactly get a choice since I couldn’t seem to be able to put it down.

The best book I’ve read this year, and I’ve had some good ones.
Candace Robinson
Maybe there is something wrong with me but I couldn’t get into this one as much as I would have liked! However, I absolutely love the author’s other books! ...more
Sandra Mather
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read an early draft of this book. It was good. It has since gone through both line edits and copy edits. It is now excellent.

I really liked the premise and I found the setting atmospheric and intriguing. The MC was eminently likable, the writing taut and suspenseful. November appears to be like the ‘girl next door.’ But it turns out that she has mad skills that are extremely unusual.

All in all, this is an entertaining read.
Irena BookDustMagic
Killing November was intense, fast and fun. I pretty much devoured this story, because it is written in such a good style that the reader flies through the pages.
The story follows November who comes to new school where everyone hides their true identity and she doesn’t know who she can trust.
This was a fast paced novel, and it left me confused multiple times while reading. November wasn’t the most likeable character but I liked some side characters very much.
Even though I had much fun while I
Arlene
2.5 Stars.

Couldn’t quite keep my attention. I kept losing interest. The sad thing about this story is that someone had to literally die to reel me back in. After the third casualty though it felt contrived. I likely won’t continue with this story if there are sequels and it sorta feels like there will be. I’ll pass...
˗ˏˋ janet ˊˎ˗
I was really excited to read this book but i really could not get into it. The writing is weak and it really reminded me of early 2014 - 2015 writing (think Wattpad stories). The characters were two demential and had no actual depth to them. I just felt the story was trying to hard and I was not a big fan.
Amitaf0208
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars - very entertaining!
Bethany Towne
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Recently, I had the opportunity to read Killing November through an ARC tour. With several months to go, I look forward to reading this book again when it is released in March of 2019, as well as adding it to my personal collection.

Many of you who already know me likely know that Adriana Mather is one of my favorite authors. Adriana has a way of writing her books in which her characters are so easy to picture. The voice she gives them and the settings she illustrates with her words truly make
Kathy Martin
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an entertaining and engaging boarding school mystery. November was raised in a quiet Connecticut town by her father and aunt after her mother died. Now seventeen and with her family in danger, she is sent to Academy Absconditi - a hidden and dangerous boarding school - where she learns many of the secrets of her past that the other students already expect her to know.

Worst of all for November is that someone is either trying to kill her or trying to frame her for the murders of some
Kelsea
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This book was so much fun! I’ve been into YA thrillers lately, but found most of them to be a bit lacking. Not so with Killing November! This one turned out to be just as dark, stabby, and twisted as the cover and premise suggest.

At the start, I wasn’t immediately sold. I felt like I’d been thrown headfirst into a confusing situation, and I wasn’t quite sure if November (the main character) was naive or masterful.

But by 1/4 way in, I was completely hooked! And I started to realize the genius of
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
Killing November was such a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it, but it's a June group read for TBR and Beyond. And I love books with boarding school settings.

This is no average boarding school. November's dad decided to send November to a special school to keep her safe after her aunt was attacked. November's mom died when she was a young child. Her dad, aunt, and best friend are the only people she really has even though she's social. She doesn't know any of her family or
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 3/19/19: Another Goodreads fail where it's not noted that this is a series (any GR Librarians want to add that, please?) but thankfully I could see that coming and I actually do want more of this series, unlike other poor surprises I've had haha!

I knew I wanted to read KILLING NOVEMBER from enjoy Adriana Mather's debut, HOW TO HANG A WITCH. I didn't really even look into what this book was about before I started it and just jumped right in! Basically it feels like Deadly
Kimberly Kowalski
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first heard the description of this book my initial thought was 'YA Nevernight!' However after only a couple of chapters, it became very clear that November is essentially the antithesis of Mia. There are other parallels and similarities, but November is in a league all her own.

Having been dropped into an academy of deception and violence thinking it was a prep school, November slowly learns her place and exactly what is expected of her. Making very few friends and a whole lot of enemies
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
3.5/5

Like Adriana Mather's previous novels, Killing November follows a generic YA format where the main character is absolutelyclueless(I mean, she still doesn't know anything at 76%) and she goes through a journey of figuring out her role in this strange and new school environment. Throughout most of the novel, November was a passive character trying to figure out the school, its students, and where she fits.

"November Adley doesn't know why she's been sent to this place, or the secrets that
Kelly
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killing November took me by surprised. I don't know why but I thought I would like it less than I actually did. I don't really know why I thought that. Maybe it's because I was having a bad reading slump when I first started but it doesn't matter now.

Killing November was quite atmospheric and compelling. I was really into the story of this girl who got dropped in a boarding school that seem to be like nothing she's ever seen before. The people inside seem to be trained in many areas and even
Lauren Santilli
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t wait for the sequel and to see where this story goes. The characters were all great and at multiple points I was just suspicious of everyone to keep my guard up! Just enough twists and turns to keep it super interesting.
Yanileidys Batista
So once again Adriana has done it. I’ve cried, I’ve laughed and I’m left wanting more. Murder, weapons, poisons and everything is deathly. I loved every single moment of it.This is another masterpiece and I’m ready to reread it, the plot, the twists and turns kept me doubting my own detective skills and once everything is laid out on the table all the pieces come together in a beautiful way and you’re left mouth open and crying. I found myself frustrated with November and at times had to put the ...more
Justin Turczak
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is sooo mysterious. At first your like can this person be trusted since motto is like trust no one. Even thru the book its that. But this book is very fun intriguing story. Like come on a secret school. Also the thrill of the weapons and fighting ect. Sooo well worth the read and another amazing work by Adriana Mather and look forward to book 2
Darla Bandel
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the medieval setting to gothic decor, once November arrived at International Academy Absonditi I was hooked.
I enjoyed getting to know each of the characters especially Ash.
Adriana has created a secret world that sucks you in and you can not wait to turn the page to find out where it will take you next.
I cannot wait for the next book to come out to see where the series take us!
Samantha
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo!

This was loads of fun and far smarter than I was expecting. Can’t wait for the next installment.
 LEAH⇢
MY RATING 3.5 STARS | GRADE B-

FEATURING

Secret School for A Secret Society
Savvy Teens
Lions, Wolves, & Bears...Oh My!
Mysterious Setting
Murder Afoot
Awkward Romance
With Audio Performed by Cassandra Morris

MY THOUGHTS

I want to say that I liked this, but that wouldn't be entirely true...there are just too many elements at play that I'm not sure how I feel about them...I'll attempt to explain...

Throughout the majority of the story, I was wondering where this was going...because it didn't seem all
Richelle Robinson
When I saw this book the blurb had me intrigued and I really wanted to read. When my copy finally came in from the library , I was excited to read but sadly this book didn't work out in my favor. I couldn't connect to any of the characters and I felt the story went on and on and on and on for too long without any plot advancement. Everything was pretty much a mystery. November had no clue where she was and why she was here in the first place. She was also cut off from the outside world as well. ...more
Natalie M
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Think of the Harry Potter setting and school, but for Hunger Games families. A strong young adult theme, with a few cliche moments but for fans of YA and a bit of conflict, this one will do it for you. The requisite challenge of skills/tactics, relationships and someone out to unbalance everything. 4 stars for those that enjoy YA/mystery but only a 3 star general read.

• Girls with Sharp Sticks (Girls with Sharp Sticks, #1)
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • Don't Say a Word
  • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)
  • The Lovely and the Lost
  • Now Entering Addamsville
  • Scared Little Rabbits
  • I Know You Remember
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Stepsister
  • The Haunted (The Haunted, #1)
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • The Best Lies
  • Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1)
  • You Owe Me a Murder
  • Verify (Verify #1)
Adriana Mather is the New York Times bestselling author of How to Hang a Witch, with family roots that go back to Sleepy Hollow, the Salem Witch Trials, and the Titanic. She's also an actor and producer best known for her role in the award-winning Honeyglue. She co-owns Zombot Pictures, a production company that makes feature films. Her first acting scene in a film ever was with Danny Glover, and ...more

Killing November (2 books)
  • Hunting November (Killing November, #2)