Start by marking “Courting Kate (Panther Player #1)” as Want to Read:
Courting Kate (Panther Player #1)

Courting Kate

(Panther Player #1)

Slapped with court ordered community service for brawling—again, Miller Cassidy, the Indianapolis Panther’s star player, is forced into laboring under stodgy non-profit supervisor, Kate Gallagher. Her saving grace — she happens to be best friends with Stella, the woman he’s been chasing for years.Despite the masses falling for his charm, Kate doesn’t care for Miller’s noto ...more
Published June 13th 2019 by Acorn Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Courting Kate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Kate

Start your review of Courting Kate (Panther Player #1)
Lisa Mandina
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read. I enjoyed the slightly enemies to lover aspect of it. At first I was a little unsure, because it's kind of obvious that the couple is supposed to be Kate and Miller, yet one of Kate's best friends used to date him. In fact he is kind of hung up on Stella, and it is the bit that Miller holds over Kate's head so that he will help her. But, it was also pretty easy to see to me that Stella wasn't really interested enough that it was fair to Kate to not give him a chance when t ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Kate knows better than to allow her friend Stella to manipulate her, but somehow she can't help but to give into her when she convinces Kate to allow one of the Panthers players she "fixes" to do some of his community service at the foundation where she works. Will Miller end up being the hotheaded bad boy baller she thinks he is? Or will Miller end up becoming the man he really is deep inside?

Miller has long had feelings for Stella, his team's fixer. So when she tells him that to fulfill his court-ordered community service, he's going to her friend's foundation, he knows he has to do it, even if only to impress Stella. But what happens when he ends up developing feelings for Kate?

I have to admit that I didn't necessarily like Kate and Miller for the longest time. Kate was so judgy and dour and Miller was a bad tempered, entitled ass. But...I have to admit that both grew by the end of their story, and character growth is the sign of a good story, so I can safely rate Courting Kate 4 stars. I wish there had been more heat, I admit, but the story itself is good. It's pretty fast paced and kept me entertained. The epilogue wasn't exactly what I had been hoping for, as it didn't give much a future look into their relationship, instead, setting up the next story in the series, so that was a big disappointment, but I can get past that and just enjoy the story for what it is.

ARC via Xpresso Book Tours for an honest review.

Full review ---> Live Through Books Blog.

Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions expressed in my review are my own.

I adore sports romances and this one was definitely one that I enjoyed. I usually like them on the steamier side, but I still very much adored this one even though it is a clean read. I actually had no idea that it was a clean read before I picked it up.

I think that the character development for the two main characters in this stor
Katherine Paschal
**3.5 Stars**
Review can be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

Kate has been on her boss's angry list after the disastrous charity event the year before, even though it was not Kate's fault. When her friend Stella forces a new volunteer on Kate's hands, Kate agrees to help her friend as well as possibly make brownie points with her boss. She just never realized the challenge she would face on all kinds of levels. Miller always gets caught while he is in the middle of helping someone out, but the police and
Jeeves Reads Romance
An adorable story about a so-called “plain” woman finding love with a sexy pro basketball player, Courting Kate is a sweet and clean romance featuring two likeable lead characters. The story follows Miller, a guy who has earned a rep as a bad boy after a series of unfortunate events. He’s been sentenced to community service, and begins serving his hours at the non-profit Kate works for. Kate has been roped into helping make sure Miller stays on track by her friend Stella, who Miller has a bit of ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4 Cranky Stars

Kate isn't the sexy man eater, she leaves that title to her best friend Stella. Kate has sworn off unreliable and undependable men, which happens to be all men at this point.

Miller Cassidy is the star basketball player with a bad anger issue. He thinks he's defending the damsel but the press always seems to spin it negatively. His latest stunt landed him
M Hurford
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely an Exceptional Sports Romance that’s a Must Read!
A well told story that captivated then held my interest completely throughout the whole story. The plot ebbed and flowed nicely from chapter to chapter with scenes tying together at the end. I only wish the little boy in the hospital waiting for a heart could have been revisited at the end for his happy ending.
Speaking of ending, it appears there may be another book coming that will feature Miller’s sister, Reagan and his teammat
Nicole
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can the good girl and the bad boy be better together?
Miller is the bad boy for basketball. He's been ordered to community service for bad behavior by Stella, the team's fixer, who also happens to be the woman he wants as his. Stella has called in a favor with her friend, Kate, to have Miller do his service hours with her non-profit organization. Kate has sworn off men and is skeptical of Miller, but when she needs to make an ex jealous, Miller steps in to help and over a little time, they
Jo
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK.  I'm going to get this cleared up first - there is no cheating in this book.  If that is a turn off for you (and it is for me), then you're safe.

So, to the story.  I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  I was expecting a good story, but this exceeded expectations.

The dual POV works really well in the context of this story, particularly as the relationship unfolds.  And although I didn't warm to Miller at first, I soon warmed up to him.

And as for Ka
Faith89
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short story but it gives you a full plot and developed characters. In the beginning I didn’t quite like Kate nor Miller. Kate was very judgmental and Miller seemed very self absorbed. Plus there was the best friend situation. We quickly get to know both characters and they win you over. They both have a big hearts. A weakness for kids and try to do the right things. Miller, however, seems to get caught up in situations where his intentions are good but the situation ends up
Andrea Thompson
I really enjoyed this sports flavored romance!
Miller and Kate are put together by chance, but real feelings quickly start to develop between them despite their rocky start. The whole world is well fleshed-out and interesting. I can't wait to find out more about all of the side characters. Miller was a frustrating spoiled brat to start, but redeemed himself completely and proved to be the swoony book boyfriend we all knew he could be. I like that Kate is an every-girl and that they find the
Melissa Perkins
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miller and Kate are my new obsession! Kron really has a knack of making you root for these characters, despite and maybe even because of both of their flaws. Her writing is fast paced and exciting, and I cannot wait for the rest of the series!! Must read!!!
Lucinda
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Miller and Kate finds love in the most surprising place without looking for it. Will the risk be worth it? I loved the book and would recommend it to all!

Melissa
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksprout
Sweet and clean romance with two main characters you can't help but adore. The story has a nice flow between chapters, it didn't feel rush and that's always a plus for me.
Kimberly
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good romantic comedy read. The story has a good story line.The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable, fun, and fast pace read.

Joyce
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the book. Kate and Miller are great characters. It was a great read and one of those books where I looked forward to seeing what would happen next for them as I turned the page. Plus it was fun for it to be set in Indianapolis where I could relate to the places. I definitely recommend Courting Kate.
KarenJo Custodio
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Courting Kate by Tori Kron is an adorably sweet, deliciously fun, and pleasantly entertaining sports romance that played with my emotions a bit, but a sure win in my heart!

I’m used to reading steamy and sexy adult sports romances, but I was surprisingly intrigued and wonderfully engaged with this book. Don’t get me wrong… there are some swoony moments and even a scorching hot kissing scene, but this one definitely leans toward being a clean adult romance novel. That being said, the s
Kassi
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Erhm...

It wasn't good.
I mean, it was okay. It was cute. It was awkward... like someone who has never had sex trying to explain what it feels like to have sex. There is no sex in this book, just to be clear. It felt a lot like the author wanted to write a sex scene into the book but got scared and just left a discreet erection.

There was also an over-abundance of description. When I say over-abundance, I mean, at the end of the story the author wrote "Her auburn, WAND
Jaqueline Snowe
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a HUGE fan of sports romances and tend to read them on the steamier side so I was hesitant at first for a sweet and clean romance, but it did NOT disappoint. Tori did a fantastic job writing Courting Kate. The story is well written to the point the characters feel like friends and it is fast paced from start to finish. The chemistry between Miller and Kate is incredible. The bad boy and good girl trope was well executed and to see their relationship blossom was really an enjoyable experienc ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
Another sports star needs a reputation rehab and ends up finding the woman of his dreams when he least expects it. Except for basketball star Miller, he's initially using Kate to get in good with his long-time crush, her best friend Stella.

Overall, this was a sweet, clean romance. I did find that the switch was flipped suddenly between Miller wanting Stella and having feelings for Kate. And I was expecting a little more between the two women over Miller, so the resolution was a bit a
MoonGarden
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Neither is really who the other expected

These two couldn't be more different and really get off on the wrong foot. Miller Kate don't like each other at first. He is irresponsible and he sees her as boring and uptight. They are both wrong, but also right. Both characters grow a lot during the course of the story and as their relationship grows and evolves.

Gary
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though I have little interest in romance novels or basketball stories, this tale kept me reading. I liked the way she portrayed Miller, the bad boy basketball star forced to do community service after a string of encounters with the law. Though this is in some ways a redemption tale, Miller remains very believable and always interesting. We feel for Kate and understand the difficulties she endures with her boss and her best friend. I definitely am interested in reading the sequel.
R.D. Kardon
I loved the concept of this book. I'll read just about anything set in professional sports
Megan Scheller
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. I could not put it down and I normally don’t read sports romances! I can’t wait for the rest of the series.
Stephanie Fifer
Jun 27, 2019
Ashleigh
Jul 16, 2019
Tori Kron
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

• Handle With Care (Shacking Up, #5)
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • Fake Date (Dating, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • The Accidental Girlfriend
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • The Nanny Rules
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
  • The Kissing Contract
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Game Changer
  • Caulk Tease
  • Bet Me to Stay
  • Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)
  • Big Puck (Size Matters #6)
  • Something Borrowed