Start by marking “One of These Is Not Like the Others” as Want to Read:
One of These Is Not Like the Others

One of These Is Not Like the Others

One of these is not like that other--and that's great! This gently subversive picture book points out-- and celebrates!-- the differences between subjects.

Barney Saltzberg's hilarious and delightfully direct text and simple illustrations introduce children to the concept and splendor of inclusiveness, through recognizing who or what's different on each spread and
Published March 3rd 2020 by Neal Porter Books

To ask other readers questions about One of These Is Not Like the Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One of These Is Not Like the Others

Start your review of One of These Is Not Like the Others
Rian *fire and books*
Id recommend this for one-on-one reading and not with a group. The story is repetitive but cute. However, due to the illustrations and storyline the pauses make for a stunted read when done in a group setting. ...more
Erin Buhr
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books
This is so cute and perfect for sharing aloud with a young audience. It is a series of "one of these things is not like the others" with a page turn to reveal some little humor or fun. The repetition is great. The message is wonderful. And the whole concept makes me want to sing that song from Sesame Street. A story they'll want to hear again and again.
Lisa Swope
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm reminded of the joyful little Sesame Street sketches of the same title as this book. "One of these is not like the others." But whereas those were "one of these things just doesn't belong", in this book, we notice and celebrate both similarities and differences and work together.
Gabrielle Stoller
Nothing super original about this book. Yes, one thing is not like the other.....and "that's okay." Aren't most books nowadays about embracing differences?

I was hoping to use this one in a storytime, but in the end, I found it too flippant and meh.
Beate
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute and funny. I like how it celebrates differences, but mainly I just enjoyed seeing the transformation from page to page. Also, the art is simple, but effective and cute.
Megan
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great animal storytime book!
Jared White
A cute book about how it's alright to be the "one" who is not like the others and how the others who are the same can still include the one who is not like them or the other way around.
Nessa
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was clever and cute. Lots of fun ways to stand out and be accepting of others
Jenny
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
A different take on "what's different here?" It's thoughtful and creative and supports an inclusive attitude towards those that are different.
Kathryn
Cute and fun
Kelly
Mar 13, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020
This is cute. I wouldn't call it hilarious, but I liked it. Good version of inclusion. I love pages with confetti (or I just love confetti), so I really liked that page at the end.
Ariel Birdoff
Mar 20, 2020
Danielle Neldon
rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2020

• Old Rock (Is Not Boring)
  • The Paper Kingdom
  • Sunny
  • Be You!
  • Ducks!
  • Five Fuzzy Chicks
  • In a Jar
  • The Three Billy Goats Buenos
  • Do I Have to Wear a Coat?
  • Hat Tricks
  • Up On Bob
  • One Fox: A Counting Book Thriller
  • The Old Truck
  • Facts vs. Opinions vs. Robots
Barney Saltzberg is the author and illustrator of close to 50 books for children, including Beautiful Oops!, Arlo Needs Glasses, Good Egg, Cornelius P. Mud , Crazy Hair Day and the bestselling Touch and Feel Kisses series with over 800,000 copies in print. He has two new releases, Tea With Grandpa and Chengdu Could Not Would Not Fall Asleep coming this spring.
Additionally, hes recorded four CDs