Start by marking “Cyber Shogun Revolution” as Want to Read:
Cyber Shogun Revolution

Cyber Shogun Revolution

(United States of Japan)

The Man in the High Castle meets Pacific Rim in this action-packed alternate history novel from the award-winning author of United States of Japan and Mecha Samurai Empire.

NO ONE SURVIVES AN ALLIANCE WITH THE NAZIS. NOT WITHOUT USE OF FORCE.

California, 2020. After a severe injury, ace mecha designer and pilot Reiko Morikawa is recruited to a secret organization plotting a
Published March 3rd 2020 by Ace Books

To ask other readers questions about Cyber Shogun Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyber Shogun Revolution

Start your review of Cyber Shogun Revolution
Peter Tieryas
Jun 24, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
7-16-19 Cover reveal at B&N with art from John Liberto. This portrays the Sygma which is designed as an anti-mecha machine. https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/s...

The follow up to Mecha Samurai Empire revolving around a revolutionary called Bloody Mary. Can't wait to share this with everyone March of 2020.
Beth Cato
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a galley from the publisher via NetGalley.

Cyber Shogun Revolution is a stand-alone book set is the same alternate history universe as Tieryas's United States of Japan. Reminiscent of the classic Man in the High Castle, Nazi Germany rules eastern America while Japan holds domination over the westbut both sides possess mechas and other advanced tech. Tieryas grew up on video games and anime, and inspirations and Easter eggs are everywhere in his books. This adds to the inherent
Aaron
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An action packed alternate future with plenty of cool technology dreamed up by an amazing writer!
Japan and Germany won World War II. The end result is a world split between the two, but that is only the backdrop to this story. This book centers on 2 protagonists trying to learn the truth and be part of the solution of shrugging off the controls of the government. But everything they thought they knew has been twisted and molded around lies.
The mechas (large machines controlled by humans) feel
Adriana
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
This book is an incredible rollercoaster of a thriller that incorporates elements of suspense, spy tales, and action, which it then tops up with adrenaline-rush-inducing mecha battles.
The latest installment in the United States of Japan continues the story of an alternate world where Japan and Germany won WWII and split up the world (and the US) between them. It also continues the tradition of being something that you could read as a stand-alone novel and not worry about knowing characters
G
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cyber Shogun Revolution is a great book. It blends sci-fi, alternate history, dark humor and anime culture into a suspenseful action story. Every time I think I can anticipate where the story will go, there's another plot twist that completely surprises me. Like the other books in the United States of Japan series, the characters are multi-faceted and expertly realized. The audiobook read is very good. Highly recommended!
Heather
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chalked-full of action with two interesting main characters easy to sympathize with and walk beside (though terrifying as well with the tortures abounding in this world).

I liked this read far more than I thought I would, figuring it would come across clunky or confusing as a reader not typically known for nabbing this type of science fiction genre (robots, machines, and such) off the shelf. But Mr. Tieryas kept me engaged and piqued with this idea of America cut in half by the Nazis and Japanese
Garrett
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I enjoyed the story. A fun lighter read with good action and character interaction. I enjoyed the world and will be reading the first two. I unknowingly started without reading the prior two but even so it gave information and did not make me feel like I was missing anything vital while still clearly following events that occurred previously.
Sergio
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Advance reading copy won in a giveaway.

A great story of revolution, corruption, and bravery with more of the great mecha combat that was portrayed in MSE. I think I read somewhere this was the final book in the USJ universe but I really hope we get some more in maybe another format.

I'm still buying the book the day it's released.
Tim Flipton
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
read the advance copy, the best of the three books. bravo pt
Smart Bookaholics Inc Bookstore
Bishop Wakana will be with me for awhile! I haven't read a sci fi tale like this one in a long time! Page Turner for sure! Thank you Berkley Publishing for the ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Bonnie
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I don't generally pick up science fiction books, but I was given an ARC from Ace/Penguin Random House. Thank you to the publisher. I found this to be entertaining; action packed with some humor.
Fredrick Danysh
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: advance-read
If you enjoy the Japanese cartoons and graphic novels, this story is right up your alley. The nazis and Japan have conquered and taken over the old America. The Japanese and Nazis are now fighting each other. Political factions on both sides attempt to gain control. Throw in an assassin. This was a free advance read copy from the author obtained through Goodreads.com.
Michael Jarrell
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Peter Tieryas hits another one out of the park with Cyber Shogun Revolution. His previous books, all set in the USJ, were great, but this one stepped things up to the awesome category. Very good story and memorable characters, old and new, (it was nice to see K back!). I cannot wait to see where he takes us in the future with this series. I highly recommend this book!
Unseen Library
Jul 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Examined as part of my weekly Waiting on Wednesday segment.

Now, this is an upcoming book that I know is going to have a cool concept and be filled with some epic action sequences. If you could not tell from the funky title or awesome-looking cover, Cyber Shogun Revolution is a very unique book, and one that I am very keen to read. Cyber Shogun Revolution follows on from author Peter Tieryas previous books, United States of Japan and Mecha Samurai Empire, all of which are set in the same
Leonard Chung
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exhilirating end to one of the best trilogies.
John Stanifer
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
" . . . but we know that whoever holds the reins, nothing will change, our cause has gone insane."
~Muse, "United States of Eurasia," The Resistance (2009)

I've had the privilege of following this series from the beginning and have enjoyed watching its explosive success, particularly in Japan.

What would history have looked like if Japan and Germany had won World War II? Having just finished reading this third--and presumably final--book in a series that tries to answer this question with a mixture
David
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a GOOD one. I only let myself read a little at a time to make it last longer. The world, all the things I didnt see coming, I enjoyed every moment. Stellar all around. ...more
Ryan
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh **** this is so good. Maybe my favorite in the series (though it's hard to compare to USJ). The banter between Reiko and Bishop is especially great. And of course: MECHS! I am now 100% sadder about the series ending than I was before (and I was pretty damn sad about it).
Michael Chavez
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lauren
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
(I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC from Random House, in exchange for an honest review.)

I've always been fascinated by the fact that Peter Tieryas' "United States of Japan" series is set on an alternative timeline. Already it was interesting to read his interpretation of the 90's in his previous novel, "Mecha Samurai Empire." The fact that this latest entry in this universe of his creation is set close to, what will soon be, our present day is incredible in of itself.

Much like "Mecha
Justin
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Isley Forrester
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
I tried but just kept confusing myself. I did share with the teen to read. So far so good. 👍
Shari
Oct 27, 2019 added it
Shelves: books-i-won
So excited I won a copy on goodreads giveaways! Can't wait to read it.
Kasey
Oct 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Thank you for the opportunity to review this book as a giveaway recipient. I am excited to finish it and will update my thoughts on this book soon!
Jarod
Andrew
Mar 06, 2020
El_Commutador
Mar 15, 2020

• A Little Hatred (The Age of Madness, #1)
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: The Apocalypse Suite
  • Thor: God of Thunder, Volume 2: Godbomb
  • Spider-Men
  • The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1)
  • The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1)
  • The Prodigal Mage (Fisherman's Children, #1)
  • Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1)
  • The Innocent Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker, #1)
  • The Reluctant Mage (Fisherman's Children, #2)
  • Hammer of God (Godspeaker Trilogy, #3)
  • Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)
  • The Awakened Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker, #2)
  • The Riven Kingdom (Godspeaker Trilogy, #2)
  • V for Vendetta
  • The Unworthy Thor
  • Al Dente's Inferno (Tuscan Cooking School Mystery #1)
  • The Seduction of Lady Phoebe (The Marriage Game, #1)
Peter Tieryas is the author of Mecha Samurai Empire (Penguin Random House/Ace Roc) and United States of Japan (Hayakawa, Nova), which won Japan's most prestigious science fiction award, The Seiun. His books have gotten praise from Buzzfeed, io9 Gizmodo, Kotaku, Kirkus Reviews, Financial Times, Tor.com, Publisher's Weekly, Popular Mechanics, Verge, Wired, Esquire, and Yahoo!. His writing has been ...more

United States of Japan (3 books)
  • United States of Japan
  • Mecha Samurai Empire (United States of Japan)