Start by marking “The Tea Chest” as Want to Read:
The Tea Chest

The Tea Chest

Boston, 1773
Emma Malcolm's father is staunchly loyal to the crown, but Emma's heart belongs to Noah Winslow, a lowly printer's assistant and Patriot. But her father has promised her hand to Samuel Clarke, a rapacious and sadistic man. As his fiance, she would have to give up Noah and the friends who have become like family to her--as well as the beliefs she has come to
Expected publication: February 4th 2020 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published February 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Tea Chest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tea Chest

Start your review of The Tea Chest
Jocelyn Green
Captivating from the first page. I couldn’t read this novel fast enough, and yet the beautiful writing compelled me to slow down and experience every line. Dual tales of courage, love, and freedom proved even more poignant for being woven together as one. Steeped in timeless truths and served with skill, The Tea Chest is sure to be savored by all who read it.
Jaime Jo Wright
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I was honored to read an early copy for endorsement. Not only did I heartily endorse but I also heartily encourage you to preorder ASAP!! So good.
Nicole
Shelves: favorites
“Which is more honorable - loyalty or liberty?”

With powerful authenticity, award winning author Heidi Chiavaroli takes readers on an emotional and highly compelling journey to the birthplace of the American Revolution in her latest novel, The Tea Chest. This time-slip novel follows the historical storyline of Emma Malcolm, the daughter of a Loyalist, during 1773 in Boston and the present-day storyline of Lieutenant Hayley Ashworth, who is determined to overcome her past and become a Navy SEAL. A
Lori
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited that Netgalley finally approved me to read this book!
I really really enjoyed this book!!
I try never to miss any of this authors books. Her style of writing is awesome! She really does pull you into her stories so much that you won't want to put it down!
I loved Emma's story and the Boston Tea Party is an excellent setting.
I learned a lot.
This is a setting that is hardly ever mentioned in a fiction story or I don't remember reading anywhere.
I had a book hangover the next day
Nora St Laurent
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Passion for American history shines through as this author gives readers a front row seat to events leading up to and those after the Boston Tea party, through the eyes of tender-hearted Emma Malcom and her family.

I enjoy how this author masterfully weaves together the Boston Tea party story and one in current time with an incredible journey of the first women to make an attempt at becoming a navy seal. Both story lines are engaging and gripping. I hated when one story line switched because I
Maureen Timerman
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This one quickly became a page turner, and really didn’t want it to end. The author did a wonderful job of tying this story together from the past to the present.
I loved the historical aspect of this book, and we get to walk in these amazing character’s shoes!
We switch between 1700’s to present day, from Revolutionary times to readying to join the Navy Seals. From the terror of fighting for a cause to again training for a cause.
I loved how all of my questions were answers, maybe not how I wanted
Heidi Chiavaroli
Jan 28, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am so excited and honored to present this book to you! There’s so much I’ve been through with these characters—characters that I’ve come to love (even if they caused me heartache and tears at times). In many ways, they’re like my children. And now, I’m releasing them out into the world! To you! Craziness!

From the moment I read a news report about the first woman entering the training pipeline to become a Navy SEAL, something tugged at my heart. Though unnamed, I could identify with this woman—
Becca-Rae Weidel
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whatever you call them, time slip or dual timeline, this is very quickly becoming a favorite genre, and even before this read Heidi Chiavaroli held a place on my "must read authors" list. She writes with such vivid imagery (without going overboard) that it feels as if you've stepped right into the setting yourself.

Something unique about this read compared to most other books I've read in the genre, is that there were several chapters in between jumping between the timelines. Instead of switching
Amy
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chiavaroli proves herself a master at the intersection of history and present-day in her new novel, The Tea Chest. A gripping tale of the Boston Tea Party and the choices we all must make for truth, the power of forgiveness, and the freedom that comes when we realize to Whom we truly belong. Swoon-worthy romance, heartbreak, and intrigue combine for a thrilling story that will keep me thinking for a long time to come. Bravo!
Leslie M.
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Leslie
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Tea Chest is a split-time novel set in present-day and Revolutionary War-era Boston, Massachusetts. As the title suggests, a tea chest plays an important role in the story and serves as the main connecting point between the modern and historical characters. The modern day character, Hayley, comes from a dysfunctional family and has tried to find herself through a Navy career and attempting to become a Navy Seal. The home life of Revolutionary War character Emma isn't much better and she ...more
Charlene
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a page turner! I found myself needing to learn the outcome of the events for Hayley, Ethan, Emma, Noah, Sarah, and John. The characters were well developed...some I didn’t like, some I didn’t understand their choices, and some I grew to understand and like! I stayed up late reading. I woke up and stayed in bed reading...just to learn a bit more of their story.
Their struggles, though different, relatable to many we have today. Do we put ourselves first, or choose to care for someone
Darlene Wilson
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heidi Chiavaroli has become one of my favorite authors. I just can't get enough of her writing and always anxiously await her next novel. Heidi does an excellent job crafting a story, the descriptive writing drawing you in and bringing you right in the midst of the story. In The Tea Chest, I was held captive by Emma's gripping story, and felt Hayley's struggle to overcome her past and her view of herself. This time slip novel touches on timeless common struggles of humanity.
I received an ARC
Jodi
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just...WOW!!! This is the first book I've read by Heidi Chiavaroli, but it definitely will not be the last. The stunning cover of The Tea Chest immediately caught my eye and peaked my curiosity, I'd never even heard of Heidi Chiavaroli, so thank you amazing cover art designer I might not have picked up this book if it were not for you!

I finished reading this book and my heart ached. This book is brilliantly written and Heidi Chiavaroli does not shy away from making her characters go through
Alyssa
Jan 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
This book was so beautifully written and captivated me from the beginning. I am not usually a fan of time slip novels, but I have loved both of the ones I have read from Heidi Chiavaroli. She has a way of bringing the times together in a way I haven't experienced in any other book.

I loved all of these characters. They felt real and I felt like I could relate to them. I love history, and the Revolutionary War particularly so I loved how well this was done. I felt it was historically accurate and
Katie Lindsey
Joni
Michelle
Beth
Jun 20, 2019

• Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • Echoes Among the Stones
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • The Rebel Bride (Daughter of the Mayflower, #10)
  • Daughter of Rome
  • The Blizzard Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #11)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • The Words Between Us
  • The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • The Hope of Christmas
  • Strands of Truth
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners #3)
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
Heidi Chiavaroli is a writer, runner, and grace-clinger who could spend hours exploring places that whisper of historical secrets. She is an ACFW Carol Award winner and a Christy finalist. Both her debut novel, "Freedom's Ring" and her sophomore novel, "The Hidden Side" are Romantic Times Top Picks. "Freedom's Ring" was also a BOOKLIST Top Ten Romance Debut. She makes her home in Massachusetts ...more