Start by marking “Don't Scream: 60 Tales to Terrify” as Want to Read:
Don't Scream: 60 Tales to Terrify

Don't Scream: 60 Tales to Terrify

I picked up a hitchhiker.

Now I’m not sure I’ll get home alive.

I finally bought my own Airpods. I hear something terrifying when I wear them.

Today, I looked in the mirror... for the first time in 10 years.

Do NOT read a book called “Goodnight, Precious” to your children.

DON’T SCREAM brings you 60 terrifying tales for your darkest nights. This collection hasevery

Published June 17th 2019 by Black Widow Press

To ask other readers questions about Don't Scream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Scream

Start your review of Don't Scream: 60 Tales to Terrify
Lewis Honor
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I don't know how to review this book.

It wasn't very good. Was REALLY boring! But was kind of funny to read. To watch Blair try to scare. Hey! That rhymed!!

Well. All you need to know is it's a enjoyable pleasure read. If your bored here's something to laugh at. And if you get really scared at 'scary' books, This is a book that will not scare you!

Do NOT judge a book by its cover!!!!

About a girl I'm pretty sure. she goes through a lot. Dies a lot. Does some really 'weird' things..........

HINT
Michelle
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of stories!

Very well written and engrossing anthology. Some great scares and I love the Black Widow Inc stories. I'll be looking forward to reading more from this author.
Shakira Jones
Aug 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
I’m a sucker for horror short stories. I was super excited about this. But I was severely disappointed. Literally all of these are just creepy pastas from Reddit. I did like how everything tied together but I really wish these were better written. Very mediocre, almost like writing exercises.
Christina
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book of short stories succeeded in giving me the major creeps and kind of scaring me at times lol. I enjoyed almost all of the stories. They gave off major Black Mirror / Twilight Zone / CreepyPasta vibes. 10/10 highly recommend!
Michele Bardsley
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You Can Scream If You Want To...

...because this collection of delightfully dark tales will give you thrills and chills. Blair Daniels is a new favorite author of mine and DON'T SCREAM showcases why she's a rising star in the horror genre. I highly recommend!

Laura Peden
Jun 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
I need this in my life ASAP
Billie
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked up a hitchhiker.
Now I’m not sure I’ll get home alive.
I finally bought my own Airpods. I hear something terrifying when I wear them.
Today, I looked in the mirror... for the first time in 10 years.
Do NOT read a book called “Goodnight, Precious” to your children.
DON’T SCREAM brings you 60 terrifying tales for your darkest nights. This collection has every flavor of horror, from heinous murders to secret rooms, from sinister virtual realities to unexplainable mysteries. Read... if you dare.
Katherine
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scary-horror
Overall this was a very good book! I had to stop myself from finishing it in one day, and instead read it over the course of 3 days. Although it's a little more than 400 pages, if you're like me and love scary stories then it'll probably be a pretty quick read. Some of these stories are way better than others, and some did NOT end in the way I wanted them to. Like you know the feeling when you have a perfect idea in your mind about how a book or movie should end, and then you feel depressed ...more
Nina Campbell
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don’t Scream by Blair Daniels is a definitely a book that will open up that psychological fear of normal things that turn out to be quite terrifying. All of the short stories in this collection are completely unrelated except for the fact that they might horrify and scare the reader with their subject matter. I made the mistake of reading this collection before bed and ended up trying to sleep afterward. I ended up turning the lights back on and I still had nightmares. This collection of stories ...more
Cheryl
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sixty creepy tales

I'm not usually in the mood for short stories but yesterday I decided that's just what I needed to read. Good choice.

I haven't read anything by this author before that I remember but I will definitely keep her name in mind in the future.

I enjoyed all sixty tales in this book. Some were scarier than others but all were written well.

They are all written in the first person POV, some present and some past tense, and that's not usually a favorite of mine but these stories worked.
Justin Collins
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I came across this on Amazon and said to myself: "What the heck, I do enjoy short scary stories." I gotta say, Blair Daniels did fantastic in this book. I had a lot of fun reading each story. Some were quite scary and even thrilling. Each story contain a deep dark world of her own imagination and I really enjoyed each one. I even loved how she did the ending that caught me in surprise. I'm happy that I decided that day and purchased it. It's worth the read and can't wait to get part two along ...more
Tim
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting, Suspenseful, Odd

Some of the takes are psychologically horrifying...some are just ok..and some are horribly boring and predictable. The really good ones get in your head and stay there a while.

As constructive criticism, better placement of some stories might have help. In four or five straight they end with the protagonist running out in to the yard. Seriously...that's all the author could think of to have them do?

Don't misunderstand...as a whole I liked the book. There are some
Michelle Mellon
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love the concept, mostly good stuff

60 scary tales in one collection? Sign me up, I thought! As other reviewers have noted, some of the stories are flash fiction and none are overly long, so it's a good tapas-like serving of tales. I liked most of the stories. A few were a bit weak, but several were stick-with-you creepy. A few editing gaffes too (extra words or missing words in sentences and although not a big impact on readability in this case, I'm a stickler about that) but overall an
Lolapaige
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice collection

A nice collection of super short stories. There were only a couple I didn't like. I think I would have enjoyed a few of them a bit more had they been expanded on a bit. But definitely worth the read.
Shoy L Mohr
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Don't Tell Me What To Do: Terrify And Terrible Are Close

One: Sort of like the anthology feel and the (paper thin) story wraparound.
Two: Sixty of anything is too much content in too small stories.
Three:

Suspense is key.
Amy
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
I only rated it a 3 because some of the stories where entertaining. All in all, the book wasn't scary. It had a few typos and even had one "Story" that was from Reddit. I personally recommend getting it Kindle version for 2.99, cause the physical copy isn't worth the price.
Lisa Payne
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good read

If you like dark, short stories, I think you’ll really like this book. The reason I liked this one so much is because they all seemed to link together or have a common thread. I truly enjoyed reading it.
Terry Stone
Excellently Crafted

Ms. Daniels constantly amazes with incredible stories that are well written and at times interconnected. Highly recommend to all fans of horror. She can add my name to her list of followers.
Nicole
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read!!

I must say, these stories were really good reads. Even though they are short, ( some very short) all of them were interesting to read. Most of them i really wanted more, but I was satisfied with the taste that I was given.
anjel
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read!

Loved the book how all the stories were kind of intertwined and then kind of came together at the end there were a couple but overall every story was great. Good book can't wait to read the next one.
Kay Oliver
Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Huge Collection

This collection of horror shorts needs A LOT of editing but beneath all that there are some really good stories. Creative, fun and great for Halloween. These stories take ordinary parts of human life and turn them into nightmares you won't soon forget.
Diana  St
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Mix of Spooky Stories

There is enough variety in this collection for different taste levels of spookiness. You will enjoy the stories and if you don't like one I guarantee you will like the next one.
Heather Bane
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the stories in this book. These are well written stories and some even kept me up at night afraid to go to sleep. Highly recommended!!

Amber Terry
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, fiction
Short, sharp, shocks that are creepy, kinda funny at times ("Peasants running from menial labor? Sounds about right."), and twisty. The only thing I take issue with is the stories were so short. I definitely wanted some of them to go on a lot longer. I'll be reading more from this author for sure.
Kim Duncan-Persons
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
worth it

I love short stories. Each one of these takes about 10 minutes to read, but is very satisfying. Although they are a collection of short stories, there is something that ties them all together throughout the book. I'll definitely recommend this one to friends.
Cherry
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Definitely recommend this to everyone who loves a great horror mix
The stories kind of tie into each other as you will see
They are well written and definitely worth checking out
Absolutely love the book and have read another in their collection that was just as good
Mina MacGabhann
Jan 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Boring and predictable

Waste of time.
Boring and predictable. I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't buy this one. Extremely disappointed with this collection
Talon Buckley
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Good for passing time.

It was alright for a quick read to pass time while waiting. Short stories are perfect to kill some time. Going to download the second one now.
April Juarbe
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These are great. Read the entire book last night, and now I'm on the second one.
Leaf
Great collection

I really enjoyed these stories , they remind me of Stephen Kings short stories . I will have to buy some more of the authors work as I read this so quickly!

• Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 1
  • The Horror Collection: Purple Edition: THC Book 3
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 2
  • Lingering Things and Other Dark Tales: A Horror Anthology
  • Under The Safe House & Other Stories
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 3: Scary Ghosts, Monsters, Demons, and Hauntings (Supernatural Suspense Collection)
  • Dark Thoughts: A Collection of Horror Stories
  • The Horror Collection: Black Edition (THC Book 2)
  • Ten Chimes to Midnight: A Collection of Ghost Stories
  • Next Door
  • Terror in the Shadows: Volume 5 (Terror in the Shadows, #5)
  • The Butcher's Husband and Other Stories
  • Carnival Of Strange Things (Creepiest Show On Earth Book 3)
  • The Horror Collection: White Edition
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 4: Scary Ghosts, Monsters, Demons, and Hauntings (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #4)
  • How Much To..?
  • Sleepless Nights: 168 Thriller, Horror, Suspense, and Mystery Short Stories
“Just a few hours ago, he was fine. We’d had a normal day, normal bedtime. But then, around 2 AM, he woke up screaming. His temperature was almost 104*F.” 0 likes
“He shrugged. “All those big companies, and organizations, and celebrities are super corrupt. Like Hillary Clinton. She’s been doing Satanic rituals for years, and she’s the ringleader of –” 0 likes