Start by marking “Dragon's Claw (Modesty Blaise, #9)” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Claw (Modesty Blaise, #9)

Dragon's Claw (Modesty Blaise #9)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  279 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This crime adventure begins when heroine Modesty Blaise finds Luke Fletcher, one of Britain's greatest artists, lost on a raft in the middle of the ocean. This discovery leads Modesty to an island called Dragon's Claw, where the evil Sam Solon has kidnapped the world's leading art experts, keeping them prisoner to admire his collection of stolen art treasures. Along with W ...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Souvenir Press (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Claw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Claw

Tony Hisgett
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller
I read these books for Modesty and Willie not for the villains or her ‘hangers on’. I definitely had no interest in Clarissa, Beauregard, Uriah etc. In fact I thought most of these characters were just caricatures from a really bad B movie.

The first half of the book was actually an enjoyable read, especially when I skipped some of the rubbish and quickly moved on to reading the parts with Modesty. Then came the blackmail and Jade Queen fiasco, followed by the betrayal and capture. By this point
Jan Sørensen
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Modesty takes up a supposed-dead artist in the ocean between Australia and New Zealand. He has lost his memory. What has happened him?A fantastic adventure as usual, which explodes in a shooting on a small island -wonderful and imaginative and very readable! Modesty at her best!
Roybot
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'd give this about 2.5 stars. This was okay, but feels a little recycled in some ways. There are too many elements in this one that are just variations on earlier themes. If I hadn't just finished reading the other Modesty Blaise books this might have rated higher, as it does have some really exciting moments, and it was good to see Garvin get to really shine, but overall this one just doesn't rank as high on my list as the rest of the series.
Denise
May 13, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure
Ninth in the Modesty Blaise series, and the one I accidentally read first! Modesty rescues a man from the ocean while she's sailing, and he turns out to be Luke Fletcher, a genius artist who was reported dead several weeks earlier. Modesty and Willie get caught up in trying to figure out who dumped Fletcher into the ocean, why people are trying to kill him, and what they can do to protect him.

It's an adventure, not a mystery -- we know whodunit well before the characters did -- but there are st
Alien
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-sf, thriller, english
Partly good, partly not so good.
I liked the beginnig. The rescue of Luke Fletcher was gripping and realistic.
I liked Modesty and Willie, even though I normally don't like super intelligent, super capable, super good looking, super perfect protagonists.

I disliked the villains. They were comic book - like, which made the book uneven for me. The mixture of comic-book-likeness and realism did not work for me.
I did not like the motivation of the villains. I don't want to spoil it here though.
All in
Shervin
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Action packed thrilling work ,9 of its kind by peter o'donnel. modesty blaise happens to save a man called fletcher who was fighting for his life in tasmanian sea. the events that follow turns blaise nd her pal willie into the play and their effort to avenge fletcher results in a most thrilling experience. the climax gives an icing to the cake of this masterpiece by o'donnell...
Tiina
  • The Fourth Durango
  • Rivers of London: Body Work, #4
  • A Heritage of Shadows
  • The Blue Ice
  • First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #3)
  • Eleven Days (Carrigan and Miller, #2)
  • J.D. Robb CD Collection 7: Visions in Death, Survivor in Death, Origin in Death
  • One Hell of a Ride (InCryptid, #0.02)
  • The Astounding, the Amazing, and the Unknown
  • Dead Man's Land (Dr John Watson, #1)
  • The Bullet Trick

Peter O'Donnell also wrote as Madeleine Brent.

is an excellent resource on this author.

To help keep the novels and the adventure strip collections separate, here's some info about the Modesty Blaise works.

In 1963, O'Donnell began his 38
More about Peter O'Donnell

Modesty Blaise (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Modesty Blaise (Modesty Blaise, #1)
  • Sabre-Tooth (Modesty Blaise #2)
  • I, Lucifer (Modesty Blaise, #3)
  • A Taste for Death (Modesty Blaise, #4)
  • The Impossible Virgin (Modesty Blaise #5)
  • Pieces of Modesty (Modesty Blaise, #6)
  • The Silver Mistress (Modesty Blaise, #7)
  • Last Day in Limbo (Modesty Blaise, #8)
  • The Xanadu Talisman (Modesty Blaise, #10)
  • The Night of Morningstar (Modesty Blaise, #11)