Start by marking “Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)

Ember Queen

(Ash Princess Trilogy #3)

The thrilling conclusion to the series that began with the instant New York Times bestseller "made for fans of Victoria Aveyard and Sabaa Tahir" (Bustle), Ember Queen is an epic fantasy about a throne cruelly stolen and a girl who must fight to take it back for her people.

Princess Theodosia was a prisoner in her own country for a decade. Renamed the Ash Princess, she
Published February 4th 2020 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Ember Queen, please sign up.
June My interpretation is that the fire gem on the cover is the gem that Ampelio used to wear, and it is now worn by Theodosia.…moreMy interpretation is that the fire gem on the cover is the gem that Ampelio used to wear, and it is now worn by Theodosia. (less)

Start your review of Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
♠ TABI ♠
$10 says this is gonna be called Fire Queen or something similar . . .

Okay so EMBER IS CLOSE TO FIRE SO WOW WAS I RIGHT OR WAS I RIGHT???
Renaissance Kate
A fantastic end to an amazing trilogy! I never expected to fall in love with this story, these characters, and this world as much as I did. Of all the YA fantasy series I've read over the past year, this is the finale I looked forward to the most, and it definitely delivered.

Laura Sebastian continues to use this story to explore thought-provoking topics present throughout the trilogy, including morality in times of war and the idea that no person can be categorized simply as good or evil (to
*mk*
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a trilogy I have really enjoyed and overall I would give the whole thing 4 stars. HOWEVER, I can also admit that it also isn't bringing anything new to the table. There's a love triangle, a final battle, triumphs and defeats, and some loss. I can't even say for sure what stands out about this series to me, except that I liked it. I found the main character compelling, as well as her relationship with the big bad of the series (though I wish it had been a bit more developed). I liked her ...more
Caylynn Bleess
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I made the mistake of reading the last few chapters (AKA the final battle and the aftermath) at work AND I AM NOT OKAY. I couldn't outwardly express my feelings, guys. THIS BOOK HAD ME LIKE-

Full review to come!
--------------------------

How did I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS COVER REVEAL.

I need this book nooooooooooooow
Circi
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXACT RELEASE DATE OR ARE WE JUST GUESSING SOMETIME AROUND NEXT FEBRUARY?!?!?!
Anna Bright
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
solid. an entirely satisfying ending. also, laura sebastian's writing is just.... really good, you guys.
Lynne ♠ The Book Dragon ♠
I NEED a cover and title for this so bad!!!
Tabor
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley

Well, it's the final book in the series and it was definitely an interesting ride. When I first read "Ash Princess", I was taken in by the concept and the character of Theodosia, who was held captive and tortured by the conqueror of her country, Astrea. The series was obviously influenced by the Roman Empire and its expansion, which stretched far and effectively acculturated diverse cultures. Theodosia's story is told through the
Kenzis Clair
This book was both captivating and dull, suspenseful and slow, brilliant and inane. With that said (and don't let my rating fool you), I loved it. I finished it within a day of purchasing it, just as I did the two previous books in the trilogy because I couldn't put it down. For those who don't want a spoiler-filled review, here are my ratings for certain aspects of the book with a few paragraphs to comment on each:

Summary: ****
Cover: ****
Heron: *breathes*
Me: preCiOuS sMoL cHiLd I MuST pRoTeCC
E
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
okay but like Theo better choose Blaise over Søren, i swear if she doesn’t i will cry.
Jem
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to @macmillanaus for sending me a copy for review. This is the last book in the series and it did not disappoint, I really enjoyed the end to this series. Theo has come a long way since the first book, I loved the way her character has grown and developed throughout the series. In this one she is starting to come to learn more about her gifting and how to use and control it. Soren has also grown throughout the series as well and I loved the way his story arc ended. I really enjoyed ...more
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Absolutely loved it, brilliant if not bitter sweet end to the series.
Review to come.
Lacy
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this series so much more than I did but I just never really cared for any of the characters. I tried. I really did. It just felt like a generic Fantasy formula. The ending was also very anticlimactic. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. If I had to rate them, Lady Smoke was my favorite of the series, then Ash Princess, and I enjoyed Ember Queen the least. ...more
Tekla
Oct 28, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
"Theo must learn to embrace her own power if she has any hope of standing against the girl she once called her heart’s sister."

I'm still holding onto my hopes and dreams of this turning into an epic lesbian romance \_(ツ)_/
Bhaavya Srivastava
I need to read it so bad! It's literally torture to wait till 2020!
Sophie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ash Princess #3: Ember Queen Review

[Backstory]

In the first installment of Laura Sebastian’s Ash Princess trilogy, we follow Princess Theodosia as a prisoner in the Kaiser’s court. She is forced to wear an ash crown and is ridiculed and abused until she discovers the fire that runs true in her veins as the rightful heir to the Astrean crown. In the second installment we saw Theo not only find herself but an army of misfit rebels who will help her fight a new terrifying enemy.

[Synopsis]

The book
Noah | Dorky Bookworm
4 Stars

This dazzling conclusion to a wonderful trilogy is here. And it ends Theo’s story in every single way I could’ve wished for!!

More magic, worldbuilding, representation, and consequences for choices made all come front and center. In the most magnificent and breathtaking way possible. Laura Sebastian’s writing is more brilliant than ever before!!!

An underlying theme is how we use mercy and don’t use it. What we could do better, even when vengeance is the far easier option. It’s thought
Ashley
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series stayed strong the ENTIRE time! God I love it. ...more
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

I liked Ember Queen better than the second book, Lady Smoke, but for me the best in the series is still the first one, Ash Princess.

The narrative was a bit confusing at times and there wasn’t a lot of explanation for many things that happened throughout the story.

After I finished this one I had an almost meh feeling, because the ending was so very anticlimactic. The story flatlined for me, unfortunately.
Morgan | Mashleas Reads
3.5 stars!! Full RTC.

Ember Queen was fast paced with lots of action and surprisingly dark. I enjoyed the characters growth and the ending, whilst a little predictable was a satisfying conclusion to this trilogy.
Meghan
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Random House Children's - Delacorte Press in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

A sister taken hostage with an evil power and the power of strength and good must stop her from overtaking the prince and destroying everything that comes in her way. This book reminded me a lot of the Red Queen series due to the powerful conflict that was chosen for a young girl and the predicament her family has
Imani
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. That's how you do it. In YA that's how you fight for a country, a throne, and overthrow the people who overthrew countries, and tried to break you. What a fantastic story. Bittersweet and yet necessary. Idk how to feel, but I'm feeling some type of way.

Bravo, Laura Sebastian, bravo. You gave me a trilogy I hung onto for a few years, and a story I couldn't stop thinking about until the second one came out, and then the third/final one. Thank you.

Before Reading:
Look at that gorgeous cover,
Kacey
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for the free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. My opinion was not affected by the free copy.

This has to be the most unexpectedly enjoyable YA trilogy I've come across in a while. The first book did have a lot of familiar clichés and plot threads, but something about the way they were presented still felt enjoyable. The second book was arguably slow-paced and focused on the court politics. This one rounds it all off by showing not just
Colleen Corgel
With this being the third book in the trilogy, I expected to have a ton of action as the characters barrel towards their conclusions. That didn't happen as such, but I was surprised as to where it started, and how much plotting the good guys still needed to do to stop the mechanizations of series antagonist, Cress. I also enjoyed the character dynamics and that it worked to give characters their own arc.

Since I did not read the first two entries of the trilogy, it took me a while to get into
demjins
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even begin to explain how happy these books made me. Instead of doing a review for Ember Queen I just wanted to show my appreciation for this series and Laura Sebastian.

I randomly picked up Ash Princess at the bookstore a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it since the begging. I don’t even know why but Theo’s story marked me and made me feel a lot of things, I was heartbroken for her and happy every time she accomplished something, she’s the kind of character that’s always
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feb-2020
Thank you so much to Pan Macmillan Australia and the author for providing me with a copy of Ember Queen!

As this is book 3 in the series, there will be spoilers for the first 2 books in my review!

After the cliff-hanger ending in Lady Smoke, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Ember Queen! I admit, I’m usually nervous starting the next book in a sequel, when I read the last a while ago – because I spend half the book playing catch up, trying to remember what has already happened! But for some
Racheal Bailey
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 for this book and the series in general!

Such a great ending to this trilogy!! I have fallen in love with all of the characters in the story. I started out hating Thora, but Theo earned my love and respect. Plenty of action throughout and our characters really had to fight for everything (besides the very last battle IMO). The ending was bittersweet, but very fitting.

These books are so well written and developed, and that makes for an interesting and exciting read. The world and character
Sanna
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as unreleased  ·  review of another edition
**********
7 October 2019 So you probably think it’s weird that I’ve added this book to a TBR list when I haven’t read the two previously books in the series. I understand you, I also think it’s weird. I’m really interested to read the first book because I’ve heard a lot of things about it. Hopefully, it’s good so I can come all the way to this book. This book is being published 4 February 2020
Emily (RecordofaBibliophile)
What an awesome ending to a great trilogy! When I received Ember Queen I hadn't yet read the first two books in the Ash Princess series and I made sure to read them quickly! Laura Sebastian has an easy-to-read writing style, which made me like the story more. There were definitely some slow parts, but they were necessary throughout this book and the rest of the series to help set the scene and foreshadow the events. I particularly loved the world building and the character building. Throughout ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Yes No Maybe So
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • War of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • When Wishes Bleed
  • Ashlords
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Shadow & Flame (Rime Chronicles, #2)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • The Stars We Steal
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Bloodleaf (Bloodleaf, #1)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • Shadow Frost (Shadow Frost, #1)
  • Lifestyles of Gods and Monsters
I write YA books and I'm also entrusted with taking care of other people's children. I write books about girls who are strong in all different ways, usually with a healthy dollop of magic and a few dragons.

I live in NYC with my extraordinarily fluffy dog, Neville.

Ash Princess Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)